Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Funny Stuff

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #1
Iwka
Supporter

Default the private diaries of our favorite peeps in lotr

Click me!

Last edited by Iwka; 04-14-2003 at 05:43 AM.
Iwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:20 PM   #2
Azraelwrath

I'm suspecting that the person who wrote this is gay or obsessed with gay people.

It was entertaining nonetheless. Did the TT one come out yet?
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:05 PM   #3
Pankeleonn

Send a message via AIM to Pankeleonn
Obviously written by a feminest. I had to stop reading because it was so stupid.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:28 PM   #4
StrykkerVerde

Send a message via AIM to StrykkerVerde
That was the saddest piece of work I've ever seen, if anyone wants to see my full response to it, view the guestbook on the site itself I posted under "..."
Old 01-12-2003, 10:14 PM   #5
Igota
Supporter

Personallly I found it funny as hell.

Yes it is immature, yes it is homophobic, yes the person writing it might have issues.. but for fucks sake people, it is still funny.

Do you really want everthing you read and see to be totally PC? Good god that would make life boring.
Igota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 06:45 AM   #6
Azraelwrath

Just wondering, did anyone get the feeling that they were becoming gay while reading this?
Old 01-13-2003, 09:38 AM   #7
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Well, you can certainly tell that most of you aren't gay, you have the tightest asses I've seen.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 12:32 PM   #8
Jezne
the bunnies are angry!

Amusing LotR / Bridget Jones's Diary parody - nice find Iwka.

Making fun of LotR is nothing new StrykkerVerde. Bored of the Rings was published in 1969 and has never stopped anyone enjoying the original - so easy, tiger
Jezne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 11:01 PM   #9
Ssetti

Send a message via MSN to Ssetti
Well the diaries were amusing, but by far the funniest thing on that site is StrykkerVerde's guestbook post. I'm still giggling helplessly.
Ssetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:08 AM   #10
Kerryn

"In other news, Gandalf died"

Love it. I don't think this is homophobic either.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 07:52 PM   #11
Aishen L`Fey
Princess Kooky

Send a message via AIM to Aishen L`Fey
Hahhaa I thought it was funny.

Still not king.
Aishen L`Fey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:33 PM   #12
Azraelwrath

Talking Strykker's post

"I just have to say that the asshole who made this, and everyone who supports it are a bunch of know nothing assholes that have nothing better to do with your lives but sit around and make fun of great pieces of work.

Lord of the Rings is perhaps the greatest piece of literature in existance to this day, and it is in my opinion that it shall never be equalled, much less exceeded. And you have suceeded in making this great piece of work into nothing more than a huge gay joke, and a bad one at that. It's too repetitive and makes no real sense, most of the stuff mentioned in this(and yes i did read it, I prefer to study the things I hate rather than judge them blindly. I do the same thing with the government) isnt even true to what your making fun of.

Next time you wanna destroy a great piece of work that someone actually poured their heart and soul into creating, remember that the very thing you think is funny, is probably hurting someone very deeply. Knowing that there are people like you in the world is one thing that destroys my faith in humanity just a little more. You are an incredably bad person and you deserve nothing more than to be cast in front of your peers and torn apart for every one of your faults.

And by the way I know your going to respond to this and say something unimaginative like (Shut the Fuck up) or something you probably wont understand yourself. You will more than likely mispell a few words and add alot of bad punctuation. Your response will be sad, nobody will understand it with the exception of maybe a couple of others with your intelligence level, so I bid you please respond but if you do try to come up with something at least remotely original or in the very least coherrant to the human brain.

Thats all I have to say on this, you can go back to your sad life now."

Everyone that has responded to him thinks he's an asshole on that website.

Keep posting Strykker, your a very entertaining person.....FOR ME TO POOP ON
Old 01-15-2003, 02:55 AM   #13
Aishen L`Fey
Princess Kooky

Send a message via AIM to Aishen L`Fey
LotR the greatest piece of literature in existence? HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
Aishen L`Fey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 04:18 AM   #14
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
Everyone that has responded to him thinks he's an asshole on that website.
They're all fan boy's too. It's almost as funny as www.realultimatepower.net 's hate mail.
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 08:38 AM   #15
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Originally posted by Aishen L`Fey
LotR the greatest piece of literature in existence? HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
/agree
Tolkien's writning style is dull and boring and I could never get through a whole book written by him. Though I do give him credit for creating the basis for an entire genre pretty much singlehandedly.

on an off note.. that was amusing
Old 01-17-2003, 01:11 PM   #16
Ssetti

Send a message via MSN to Ssetti
I always thought Tolkien's narrative had a certain dry solemnity to it that added weight to the events.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that LotR is the greatest piece of literature ever written, because I'm not insane.
But I DID think it was well written.
Ssetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 01:57 PM   #17
Skerry

LOTR was not the best piece of literature ever written, anyone who truly believes that and believes themselves a qualifier of excelent works is definatly wrong on both accounts.

It was however, A great piece of work not in it's writing but in what it created.

Equally, all of these people who are so self abosrbed as to pick apart anything that relates to it but is not IT are self indulging quixotic armchair experts and really shouldnt be taken seriously.

Part of recognizing good work is recognizing it all. Anyone can nit pick, anyone can condemn copies or parodies or remakes, but only people who truly understand a given art can see things for what they are. There is more to any piece of work than the work itself, some people just like to be dickheads.

Bored of the rings was probobly equal in craft to LOTR for it's given genre. In fact for those people who condemn Bored of the Rings? You should know that the true tolken folks (the holders of the rights and the estates) also thought Bored of the Rings was terrific.

As for the diaries, wish I could have read them but the site is no longer available.. . or is down . . /shrug.

Just enjoy something for what it was meant, not for what you think will make you a part of the upper echalon. Sadly enough, too many critics and "experts" ruin truly entertaining creations by overanalyzing.

And for godsakes get off the PC shit and stop taking yourselves so seriously, none of us .. anywhere.. are so good as to be taking ourselves that seriously.

ExOfficer - Divine Synergy (by choice)
Skerry is offline   Reply With Quote