Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #26
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And do you get your produce and meats from the grocery store?
He'll claim "no" because you ask if "he" get them. You know he like the word games. I already pointed out that his wife does it, so he's just hiding behind her skirt.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #27
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Fair enough:

Hey Chit! Does the majority of the food you cosume come from a chain Grocery Store?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #28
bahlaal

I kill my own meat, I buy my produce from the Amish, then I can it. I spend maybe 40$ a month at the grocery and thats just for junk food...soda, chips, candy. Personally I dont care if we hire mexicans to pick beans, What I mind is when they are doing construction, getting driving and factory jobs that Americans Citizens did without complaint for a hundred years, until the coorperations figured out its cheaper to produce with illegals, they dont have to pay taxes or unemployment and they get that much more extra profit, all the while still raising the prices on products to match inflation.....and still need bailed out.
bahlaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #29
ShardmoonVer.1

I dig the Amish. They are kicking it old school.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #30
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
actually, food is harvested by a lot of illegals in certain states but here in the midwest although a lot of non Americans harvest the food whether corn or wheat or Barely or Durem (sp) they are here legally and are on a crew of custom combiners........

The reason IMO that a lot of americans will not do some of the picking of say fruit in oregon or California or whatever is that the US government will just give them foodstamps to buy food the Mexicans pick......... how about they give them the foodstamps BUT make them go pick the food too.... pay them for work they are doing and use it as a subsidy to the farmers so they get FREE work and the people getting the government help earn it.

Now mind you i am talking able bodies Americans not people whom really need the help, I think some states actually require recpients to either get a job with x amount of hours a week and/or do some sort of volunteer work at like soup lines or nursing homes or whatever and i think this is a good thing.

oh and hey all, I had to get outta here for a while I started to let things piss me off more than i liked, i never minded jumping on people, was kinda fun but when it started affecting me in personal RL mental states thats to much.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #31
InTenSity

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post

oh and hey all, I had to get outta here for a while I started to let things piss me off more than i liked, i never minded jumping on people, was kinda fun but when it started affecting me in personal RL mental states thats to much.
This place affected you IRL? Ya good time to take a break. The only reason this place affects me IRL, is if I trip over something trying to sit down.
InTenSity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #32
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Oh, I suspect over the years there have been plenty of monitors and keyboards damaged IRL by the Steam Vent - usually due to someone spraying out their coffee/soft drink in laughter.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:32 AM   #33
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by FafnerMorell View Post
usually due to someone spraying out their coffee/soft drink in laughter.
Ok, even though people "say" they do that...do you really think they did? I'd wadger it'd be a low percentage where that actually happens.

Same with ROFL...you really think they fell out of their chair onto the floor an started rolling around with laughter? Srsly?

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #34
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
well ok over exaggerating it didnt make me go kill someone or anything but serioulsy getting angry........ the rolf thing prolly not and usually REALLY being angry probably not, but one of the topics got me WAYYYYYYY to pissed off for real to the point that it wasnt fun giving people shit and actually it wasnt even giving them shit i was totally serious, now I was always serious about serious topics but no to the point that i let anyone physically make me angry to where i wanted to choke them... and the topic was the murders of the people in FT Hood...... I even quit watching the news releases on that one because i couldnt believe what i was hearing AT FIRST in defense of the murderer.

anyways dont matter now, I just have to not let shit bother me that much, a lot of it probably has to do with the ol arthrits killing me lately but seems like the docs kind got it under control now to where im not constantly in pain.........which makes it hard to stay in a good mood.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #35
Shylodog
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
well ok over exaggerating it didnt make me go kill someone or anything but serioulsy getting angry........ the rolf thing prolly not and usually REALLY being angry probably not, but one of the topics got me WAYYYYYYY to pissed off for real to the point that it wasnt fun giving people shit and actually it wasnt even giving them shit i was totally serious, now I was always serious about serious topics but no to the point that i let anyone physically make me angry to where i wanted to choke them... and the topic was the murders of the people in FT Hood...... I even quit watching the news releases on that one because i couldnt believe what i was hearing AT FIRST in defense of the murderer.

anyways dont matter now, I just have to not let shit bother me that much, a lot of it probably has to do with the ol arthrits killing me lately but seems like the docs kind got it under control now to where im not constantly in pain.........which makes it hard to stay in a good mood.
Coupla questions, Ax, and they're serious questions, I'm not looking to rib ya here. Were you ever in the service? What kind of Arthritis do you have, and what pain management are you doing for it?

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #36
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
I dig the Amish. They are kicking it old school.
There's actually allot to admire in the Amish. I had the opportunity to work on a training film for a tour bus through some amish farms a few years ago, met a bunch of em, got to talk to em, go in their houses and such. (although generally they don't much allow outsiders in the house, it's pretty rare)

Turns out they don't really have a problem with technology itself. They own refrigerators, even washing machines. They had pneumatic power tools in most of the barns. One house even had electricity running to one room because a girl needed a medical device and the community voted that the exception was OK. Allot of them had phones, just not in the house, they were outside.

The lifestyle is really all about the family: they shun things that take you too far from your family. The appliances they have are gas powered because electricity leads to listening to the radio and TV when you should be spending time with your family. Tractors take the soul out of farming, machines not to help man, but to replace him. Cars take you too far from your family, they think if you start down that path then before you know it they'll take you too far, spending your life going somewhere else instead of with your family.

Not that I can ever see myself making such a choice, but I also can't help but notice they are not wrong about that.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #37
ShardmoonVer.1

I spent a month visiting a friend and his family in Amish country and I got to hang out with a bunch of them. They were all as nice as person could be. And you are right about their thoughts on shunning technology. They sure as heck borrowed the hell out of my friends phone and modern conveniences while i was there.