Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default The Copenhagen Clambake

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...yvy19b0ZTHaGwO

COPENHAGEN -- Shakespeare's Marcellus was right. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
In this hotbed of homogeneity, where global warming is a sacred assumption for the faithful, 15,000 people will come together from 192 countries to pray for two weeks over what can be done to save the Earth from certain doom. Few places are better suited to handle the throngs of unquestioning believers who will journey from around the globe.
Dissent is not tolerated, and diversity -- in any form other than biodiversity -- is not welcome here.
But it turns out that Denmark's big claim to greenery isn't quite so impressive when you find out that they do not include one of their biggest and dirtiest industries -- shipping -- in calculating their annual carbon footprint.
That's because the last great world climate treaty, Kyoto, does not make them include their nasty shipping business in the calculation. No wonder the Danes liked that so much.
Even if President Obama gives away the farm when he arrives next week and signs some drastic pledge, it will be a treaty that must be ratified by the Senate.
His Democratic majority dwindles to basically nothing without members from coal states, heavy-industry states and other states where people generally would like to find a job.
But this crowd gathering here is far worse than just a bunch of hand-wringing Hamlets dithering in Denmark.
Some 40,000 tons of carbon will be spewed getting this crowd together and keeping them in comfort.
That is the amount of carbon dioxide produced by more than 60 of the world's smaller countries in an entire year -- combined
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Yeah, the info of "Some 40,000 tons of carbon will be spewed getting this crowd together and keeping them in comfort. That is the amount of carbon dioxide produced by more than 60 of the world's smaller countries in an entire year - combined" would probably kill off the whole climate movement if it was every widely published (alas, there's no quality journalism). I'm curious if it's actually accurate (hey, both sides are spewing some much BS on this topic is easiest to doubt everything).
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Drysdale
RSS Feed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cop...ar-wedges.html
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Lurikeen
Freaky

How do you like that... Denmark doesn't have a lot of electric cars because they tax them so heavily. Now that's supporting climate change!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Rheaton

All this climate scare has me feeling way guilty for not being more "green".

Whatever the mood is about something- whatever the popular opinion, conform or be outcast.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
SupportTank

I would rather be the outcast then the sheep.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by SupportTank View Post
I would rather be the outcast then the sheep.
Not one of the sheep first, then the outcast?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
SupportTank

I've never been the sheep. Even when I was 7 years old. Drove EVERYONE around me nuts.

I am the product of a union man who really doesn't give a shit for anything but getting more and more and more.

And a crazy queen bitch of the universe feminazi. Who to this day is still a queen bitch of the universe feminazi.

70 Warrior - Affliction

Old 12-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Yikes- Christmas must be fun at your house!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
SupportTank

yah So when the insult your mother wears army boots comes around. Yes she does and she will go after you with them and stomp you into the ground laughing the whole way.

I am still trying to figure out how the hell i was born with her as a mother.

70 Warrior - Affliction

Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by SupportTank View Post
yah So when the insult your mother wears army boots comes around. Yes she does and she will go after you with them and stomp you into the ground laughing the whole way.

I am still trying to figure out how the hell i was born with her as a mother.

You got good at dodging the coat-hanger?
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 12-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
Davek
Squawk Box

Turkey baster?

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #13
Rheaton

put on the wrong jockstrap?
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote