Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 AM   #26
ZelimaMLF

I normally just come to the EM boards for entertainment and keep my mouth shut about touchy matters. When I stumbled across this thread, it just made my heart sink, so I felt the need to post.

I recently decided to leave to try a raid heavy guild, and that was my MAIN reason...
There is a lot more to this than just Keliv wanting to leave to go on to a heavier raiding guild. Peeps leave MLF all the time for that. Some don't care for our casual raiding focus, some want higher end gear, others leave to play EQ2 or WoW, or whatever the reason may be. Peeps have left and come back and we have welcomed them back home with open arms. It's not wanting to leave that pissed Bori off, it was another situation all together, which you felt compelled to post about on our MLF boards about, that made an already volitile situation even worse. The officers did what they felt was right in that situation for the good and integrity of the guild, not for the good of any one or two peeps.

funny thing is ive talked to lots who say they dont like Jorrell as a leader, plump, ren, kitch, holth, bori or any other of their "elite"...
The "elite"...gdi..I hate it when people call them that, my in game friends. I for one am not considered to be one of the higher level/geared peeps in MLF. But I'll tell you one thing. I have grouped with each and everyone of the peeps you listed as being elitist and they are good people with good hearts. Each of them contribute to MLF in more ways than anyone can ever imagine. All of them are on the war council and sacrifice THEIR play time to make OUR play/raid time better. Sometimes they group together in higher end zones and they have better gear. So what? Does that make them elitist? No, it doesn't. It just means they put the time in to make their toons better. If they were elitist, they'd gear themselves up with the guild and move on to higher raiding guilds for their own benefit. Instead, they stay with us in MLF and help others, day in and day out. That's not elitist, that's honorable, imho.

As for Jorrell, he is the best gd guild leader I have ever met and anyone in the guild who thinks otherwise is just mental or has other serious issues and should just /gr. Being a gl is a 24/7 job and no one has even the slightest clue of what he does on a daily basis to keep our guild moving forward. He ALWAYS has the best intentions and the integrity of the guild in mind, in any decision that he makes for us. He is unselfish, honest and true. Jorrell's lackies? What ev, Kel. If anyone is voicing their opinion to you, it's their own doing, not because Jorrell siced them on you like a rabid pack of wolves.

MLF will continue to progress and carry on as a family, with the people that want to be here. With the people who care about each other and are proud to wear the tag. We will continue to assist and group with peeps on EM and carry on our good name. For Honor and Light!

Mistress Zelima Geishagirl
70 Shaman
Proud Member of the Mystical Lightfighters
ZelimaMLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:09 AM   #27
Crystilla
Administrator

Shut up, MLF is one of the most upstanding guilds from MT
Tum, you could have dropped of the last 2 words so it read:

Shut up, MLF is one of the most upstanding guilds
Every guild has its own feel, it's own cliques, its own speed of movement, its own rules. MLF is one of the rare guilds because through thick and thin, through many times when other lower and higher guilds folded, they stuck it out - AND - they never had to change themselves to do so.
- They didn't change their structure and become something else, eliminating those folks who made them who they are.
- They have had the same policies/setup for the last 4 years at least. In my 4 years of play, I've been in one small family guild that competed with MLF for targets like Evolved Burrower, a raiding alliance working on PoP advancement and my current raiding guild now. EVERY interaction has been above board with MLF and when someone is looking for something a bit less challenging than what we do (in a more relaxed atmosphere than us), MLF is where I direct them to.

Just like in real life, when you leave something, you really should NEVER burn your bridges quite like you did there. While it's doubtful the true MLF'ers will ever leave until the guild doors close, you may eventually run across some folks in future guilds (both from MLF and from others reading this thread) who will remember these posts.

Not every guild is a fit for every person and hopefully you find one that suits you as we all play this game to have fun.
Valorguard
Erollisi Marr server
Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:03 AM   #28
Hoamonduh

Never had anything but positive experiences with the folks from MLF. For the short time since the merger I would have to say that I have been more than a little impressed with them. Exceptional folks, exceptional guild!

Sincerely

The Duchess: Diamonds are of most value They say, that have pass'd through most jewellers hands.

Ferdinand: Whores, by that rule, are precious.

-The Duchess of Malfi Act 1, Scene 3 - John Webster 1614

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
Hoamonduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #29
Janson01

MLF is a stand up guild, have nothing but respect for them.
Janson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:00 AM   #30
Toopik

MLF definitely owns the face.

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING KELIV -_-
Toopik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:14 AM   #31
Vhaelrun

Btw, Keliv is not the original owner of that toon. He originally joined MLF as Uggawugga, a beastlord. He later sold/gave away his toon and quit EQ. He then asked a friend in MLF to give him his account, since he was in WoW at the time. So he got the new MLF account. Got it Time flagged. Geared. Epic'd and left. Now he likes to link gear in tells to MLFers and try to recruit them to move on. Guess that would make him feel better about his choice.
Yet, after all that, he didn't get his access removed until he posted in the members area that people should *get smart and leave like I did because the elite few suck* and then posting smut in the public areas. Poor Keliv/Ugga. You really got burned by MLF...
GL in your new home.
Vhaelrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:22 AM   #32
Xyphael

Congratulations Keliv, you are now officially on the short list of people I wouldn't cross the street to piss on if they were on fire.
Fortunately, most of the people here are smart enough to see through your little "rant" and realize that it says far more about what kind of person you are than what kind of people are in MLF. Thanks for saving the rest of us the trouble of having to find out first hand though...douchenozzle.

X
Xyphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:07 AM   #33
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Vhaelrun
Yet, after all that, he didn't get his access removed until he posted in the members area that people should *get smart and leave like I did because the elite few suck* and then posting smut in the public areas.
Heh, I'd have yanked your boards access, too. If anything, this thread has improved my opinion of MLF and lessened my opinion of you.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #34
Keliv

when did i ever link gear to anyone an try and recruit them? Im not talking about MLF as a whole, yes most are GREAT people, but there are a few who arent is all im saying. There are only about a handfull that i would say arent great people, like i said in earlier posts i was angry and took out my anger by posting and it came out ALL wrong... but no edit here which i dont know why. So just to clarify it,

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL OF MLF, MOST ARE GREAT PEOPLE!

im talking about the people who dont help others when they dont benifit from it (some of you may stick me in this catagory and i agree i do belong in that catagory SOMETIMES) but when i got help finishing my 1.0, i stayed in PoSky for 7 hrs for another guild members quest and didnt even get mine done, had to go up again. Which i didnt mind doing at all.

Just a little background, no i am not the original keliv, and just about everyone in guild (and some not in guild) knew that since i said it several times. I joined just before WoW and EQ2 came out and the amount of people who played dropped greatly. I stayed, we didnt get a whole lot done, but we did what we could handle and rebuilt and MLF came back to make it to where they are today. I did leave for WoW for about 2 months but thats because i got stuck without an account (somone in the guild gave me theirs then decided to come back after i had given mine to somone else so i was stuck without an account, thats why).

Keliv
Keliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #35
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Keliv
like i said in earlier posts i was angry and took out my anger by posting and it came out ALL wrong... but no edit here which i dont know why.
It's so that you can be held accountable for what you type even if you were an idiot at the time.

Imagine if people posted something stupid and then wanted to edit it out(*cough* sound familiar? *cough*). Where's the accountability in that?

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:07 AM   #36
Keliv

only reason i wanted edit is to change title actually, and so people would actually get the main idea of the post. Not so i wouldnt be held accountable for what i typed.

Keliv
Keliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #37
Toopik

When did playing an E-bayed toon, or anybody elses toon as your main become an acceptable practice? I even see on guild recruitment boards "We don't care if you are an e-bayed player, as long as you're good at your class"

I can understand that, but...it's a game, and an easy one at that. It's not overly fucking difficult/time consuming to hit 70 with a few hundred AA.

I danno - I'd never play any toon but my own =P Too much of a "fucktard" stigma if ya don't.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #38
Holthinielmt

funny thing is ive talked to lots who say they dont like Jorrell as a leader, plump, ren, kitch, holth, bori or any other of their "elite"
Keliv,
The lots you've apparantly spoken to have most likely had limited interactions with any on the list of so called "elite" in MLF. I've spoken to you a handful of times, and I can paraphrase thosee interactions with...
Keliv Tells you "can I get some pet gear"
You tell Keliv "sure inc"

And yet you'd post both my name and my closest friends in EQ as being unliked by many in the guild we've put blood sweat and tears into for the better part of 3 years?

Trying to smear MLF's reputation based on what you've stated is like trying to beat up the nice guy that volunteers at a soup kitchen, but wouldn't give you 20 dollars when you asked for it. We may not have bended our needs to fit yours, but does that make us bad people? You'll see nothing but "wtf's?" pretty much server wide from many that've known us, our style, our personalities, and our undying devotion to the group of folks we've sworn our allegiance to. You yourself being one at one point.

At reading the Title of this thread some in our guild would probably be hurt, seeing our names being used in a post laced with anger towards us. I however, do not. In fact it makes me very happy to see a malcontent spout off against us, and seeing nothing but positive comments serverwide from some of this servers most elite players.

I don't care who you are. Enough time dealing the internal politics of any guild will lead to frustration. If you leave any guild without warning because you have a beef with the internal politics and didn't bother to state such within your tenure, expect some crap. My guess is you won't be able to find a place that suits all your needs. But like the good guys we are, I'm sure the majority wish you nothing but success finding it.
Holthinielmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #39
Suumabard

Originally Posted by Holthinielmt
Oh god my guild was flamed in the rants & flames section oh no
Suumabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:52 AM   #40
Toopik

SUUUUUUUUUUMA

WRU =( AIM me @ Nafetski. I miss my lil hafferbard
Old 10-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #41
Raevael

Send a message via AIM to Raevael Send a message via Yahoo to Raevael
<3 MLF, all of them.
Raevael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:02 PM   #42
InTenSity

Originally Posted by Toopik
When did playing an E-bayed toon, or anybody elses toon as your main become an acceptable practice? I even see on guild recruitment boards "We don't care if you are an e-bayed player, as long as you're good at your class".
I would guess around this time last year, when the mass exodus to WoW and EQ2 happened. Pretty common to see 70's with 500+ AA retiring and being replaced by 70's with less than 150 aa. IMO during PoP phase of EQ, it was easy for a guild to be a bit pickier about recruits, or that is when you saw more high end guilds say no e-bayed toons and only toon 65 with 300+ AA may apply. Many guilds were easily fielding their 72 man raids with people being outside the raid helping too. Now high end guilds I'm sure are having problems on some nights even getting 50 people to log on. Attrition is neat.
InTenSity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:28 PM   #43
Banez Wight

Originally Posted by Raevael
<3 MLF, all of them.
I love MILFs too.
Banez Wight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #44
Bobobobobobobn

Keliv, no one likes you.

You are defending yourself on an online message board. You use fragments of sentences and incoherent paragraphs.

You win at life.

P.S. Quit and do something useful with your life.
Bobobobobobobn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #45
Magicbutterfly

Originally Posted by Keliv

im talking about the people who dont help others when they dont benifit from it (some of you may stick me in this catagory and i agree i do belong in that catagory SOMETIMES) but when i got help finishing my 1.0, i stayed in PoSky for 7 hrs for another guild members quest and didnt even get mine done, had to go up again. Which i didnt mind doing at all.

i have three words for you about this statement..

POT...KETTLE...BLACK
Arch Magus of Magister
Magicbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #46
Kogbender

MLF has a clean record, they have shown themselves by example to be upright folk for the most part (every Guild has an idiot or two, thems the odds) Keliv, you sound like one of the idiots. Do yerself a favor and STFU (thats Shut The Fuck Up if ya dont get it..) then get on and get over it. No one is biting.

Morell Thule
(Retired)
Kogbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #47
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
MLF seems like a bunch of cool cats... 'cept Borimorg, he's kind of a boob

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:34 PM   #48
Borimorg

Default Keliv Loot whore

Keliv left because he didn't get help on his epic.

At MLF we have epic raid nights.

When you go and help people in the guild on epic night in an epic raid you aquire "epic raid points".

Keliv got pissed because he couldn't seem to get much help and left due to that.
Hard to say he left for a raiding guild when we raid up to 5 nights a week and sometimes more if the desire hits us.

He was 75th on our epic point list. So that shows exactly how many folks he has helped.
In case you're so stupid you can't do the math Keliv that's 74 people in front of you. So no, you weren't going to be the focus of any epic raid for a while.

Yeah, I sent that message to Keliv after he had left the guild and posted to our private section for "members only" to post. Since he was no longer in the guild, that section of our boards and the topic he posted on were none of his business. It was a delayed removal of his access That I guess we will have to keep a closer watch on.
He also posted in our private section giving MLF the finger.
He got his just rewards.

Wow, my first rant ever! Where's all the other people who don't like me backing you up you spiny little lootwhore fu<i></i>ckwad sh<i></i>ithead whiner?

Not that it matters. I don't give a flying sh<i></i>it what anyone thinks of me.
Even though I have zero problems getting a group in guild.

So, backpedal away "wahh, I shouldn't have made the topic that, How do I change it". Wah, I didn't get my epic. Wah,Borimorg was picking on me and sent me a message. Wah, I don't like Borimorg and no one else shouldn't either.

And like I said, don't go away mad little boy. Just go away.

Make any others guild want to hurry up and recruit this little whiny bastard?

See ya. That's all I have to say.
Borimorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #49
Suumabard

With such awesome people like this, it's no wonder Morell Thule was just so cool
Suumabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #50
Borimorg

"cept Borimorg, he's kind of a boob "

Aw Fanon, I thought we left that other thread on pretty good terms.
Bite me dufus

(man, I must be getting senile, gotta fix my cussing in my posts)
Borimorg is offline   Reply With Quote