Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #26
Briannah

I thought I had misunderstood the billing increase when my account was still being charged the pre-rate increase monthly amount. Then I got the dreaded letter...

I still have a copy of the 5/17 letter in my in-box collecting dust...and the newest letter about the one time additional charge.

I am wondering if it will apply to you Sefa, since your account was already charged before the price increase date? Did everyone receive this same e-mail?
Briannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #27
ShardmoonVer.1

Dont dispute it with your financial institution if you want to continue playing EQ while it gets settled. The first step the bank/cc company usually takes is to reverse the charge, there by removing themselves completely from the dispute process. Then Sony will cancel your account for non payment.

Call your local Better Business Beureau (sp?) and file a complaint. After working for both AOL and ADT corporate, I can tell you how seriously those complaints are taken by the corporate offices. It will take some time, but you will get your money back.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #28
Vidden
Banned User

I was charged yesterday $2.17 to my checking account. I walked over to the lobby of the bank (I work for the bank, just in a different building then the lobby) filled out a dispute form and the money has since been returned to my account. The bank is doing an "investagation" about this, because the lady I talked to said I was the 3rd person who has disputed the charge so far

SOE fucked themselves and are trying to fix it by screwing us. You can fight it and I encourage you all to fight it. As some of you have seen, Sony is having thier CSR staff play stupid and they are removing any and all posts about this on thier boards. They are sticking thier hands into your pockets and taking your money without you having a say about it, or atleast thats what they are hoping you will think.

If they are going to cancel my account because of thier fuck and then taking my money from me, then so be it. It will hurt them more in the long run because they wont be getting that extra $15 a month from this point forward. I would be willing to bet that I wont be the only one that will not reactivate my account.
Vidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #29
korast

Originally Posted by Sefa Akajira
For me, it represents almost 10% of my monthly income!!!!!
If the 3$ a month increase represents 10%~ of your monthly income, you prolly shouldnt be playing eq.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #30
Leldari L
MOD

Send a message via AIM to Leldari L
Korast, I think Sefa means the $54 additional charge. Besides what the hell business is it of yours if she chooses to spend her disposable income playing a game she greatly enjoys?

The small sum spent on EQ monthly wouldn't even cover a night at the movies in many places. It isn't my place to go into detail so I won't but other than watching TV there isn't a lot of entertainment cheaper than EQ for people who are somewhat physically incapacitated.

So take your healthy, young sarcastic ass outside and quit bashing people you don't know anything about.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #31
Lummy

Send a message via AIM to Lummy
you two are huge pussies, being addicted to cigarettes is pitiful. why don't you get addicted to a real man's drug, something like heroin or pcp
Lummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:12 AM   #32
Hoamonduh

Sefa,

I have to thank you for bringing this up. I sincerely hope they do the right thing & refund your money. I know that at this point I have not seen any additional charges to my card. Granted, I did sign up rather early on in the process. Thanks to you though Sefa, I will be monitoring that card to make sure the SoE billing dept. does not do to me what it did to you.

Shame on them!

The Duchess: Diamonds are of most value They say, that have pass'd through most jewellers hands.

Ferdinand: Whores, by that rule, are precious.

-The Duchess of Malfi Act 1, Scene 3 - John Webster 1614

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
Hoamonduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:11 PM   #33
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Originally Posted by Lummy
you two are huge pussies, being addicted to cigarettes is pitiful. why don't you get addicted to a real man's drug, something like heroin or pcp
Please, do not breed...ever

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #34
Alkamax_1

Sefa i got the same e-mail...needless to say im cancelling

Outlaw 55 Beastlord
Shinzod 55 Druid
Aeroflex 65 Ranger
Alkamax_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #35
Tamyre

Send a message via AIM to Tamyre Send a message via Yahoo to Tamyre
this is why I use game cards. when aol screwed my account, i refuse to let anything be directly withdrawn from my account. ever.

hi ini
President of the Fafner Fan Club!
Cause I said so!

Abiagael
Shadow Priestess [ 70 ] of the Horde
Kilrogg Server
World of Warcraft
Tamyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #36
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
/wave Tam

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #37
korast

Originally Posted by Leldari L
gstmga oegf,oawf
I dont have pity for anyone who cant afford the lifestyle they want. Ive been very poor in my life, but I worked hard and earned what I have.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:01 AM   #38
Dubb

Originally Posted by korast
I dont have pity for anyone who cant afford the lifestyle they want.
I pity those that think money equates to happiness or personal worth. They didn't say that's not the lifestyle they want, slick - you did.
[Sun May 22 15:07:57 2005] Overlord Mata Muram begins to cast a spell.
[Sun May 22 15:07:57 2005] Overlord Mata Muram's spell has been reflected by Dubs.
[Sun May 22 15:07:57 2005] Dubs hit Overlord Mata Muram for 4000 points of non-melee damage.
Dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:31 AM   #39
Eruque

If Sony can afford to give ex-customers 3 free weeks of gameplay, I think that they can afford to eat the difference in the amounts they forgot to charge current customers.
Eruque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:35 AM   #40
Tevaran

Korast...

did you appoint yourself the friggin reviewer of our lives? Sefa brings up a good point and Sony did both an unprofessional move and and a possible illegal one.

Please, as a person who basically cheated and it the self appointed snitch on others who did, SHUT THE FUCK UP and go back to your own self moaning existance.

tev
Old 08-05-2005, 07:53 AM   #41
SupportTank

I stopped using a credit card for ANYTHING on the internet or related to the internet many years ago.

Strickly game cards.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:31 AM   #42
Cabbot

The only account that I was charged extra for was the only account that I did not subscribe for the promotion. Otherwise the other two accounts have only been charged for the promotion.
Cabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:44 AM   #43
Everclear

Sefa is a mature woman (not old, she's still vibrant!), and living on a fixed income. So pardon me, because I usually don't say such things, but back the fuck off of Sefa, she came here with a legitimate concern, not to get an earful of crack pipe smoking dumbass ridicule. Sorry to others for the foul language, but Sefa is one of the kindest people in game.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:56 AM   #44
korast

Originally Posted by Dubb
I pity those that think money equates to happiness or personal worth. They didn't say that's not the lifestyle they want, slick - you did.
I said nothing about money. Sefa was the one who complained about money. There are of course many ways of enjoying your life. You can take what I said as an insult if you want.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #45
korast

Originally Posted by Tevaran
Korast...

did you appoint yourself the friggin reviewer of our lives? Sefa brings up a good point and Sony did both an unprofessional move and and a possible illegal one.

Please, as a person who basically cheated and it the self appointed snitch on others who did, SHUT THE FUCK UP and go back to your own self moaning existance.

tev
I sense some serious hate here. If you dont wanna be criticized publically, dont complain publically. Its a fairly simple equation.

As for the cheating part. Apparently I didnt cheat enough, because I never got banned, and I wouldnt be surprised if they did look after my dealings with devs gms ect. Does someone doing the right thing bother you? I find the whole mentality you take in your post to be pretty disturbing.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:02 AM   #46
korast

Originally Posted by Everclear
Sefa is a mature woman (not old, she's still vibrant!), and living on a fixed income. So pardon me, because I usually don't say such things, but back the fuck off of Sefa, she came here with a legitimate concern, not to get an earful of crack pipe smoking dumbass ridicule. Sorry to others for the foul language, but Sefa is one of the kindest people in game.
I agree, sefa has never been anything but nice to me in game. One would think someone with a decent personality wouldnt have a terribly hard time getting a job somewhere better than walmart.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #47
Everclear

Originally Posted by Korast
One would think someone with a decent personality wouldnt have a terribly hard time getting a job somewhere better than walmart.
Man, what's wrong with you? You feel the need to make fun of nice ladies or what? Who the hell cares where she works? As long as she likes her job and takes care of herself, it's no one else's damn business. If money doesn't matter to you, then fine, crap yours off wherever you want, no one's stopping you, but don't belittle and question good people like an arrogant asshole just to feel better about yourself.

Hey everyone Korast has money! Okay, do you feel better? Can you stop being an ass to Sefa, who never said anythign rude, jsut brought up a valid concern. It is her money, so she can be concerned if she thinks she is getting screwed over, and I would be pissed too! dollar amount aside the principal of it sucks! Obviousely Sefa has many friends here, as she is a long time player of EQ. She has never done anything but add sunshine and joy to this game, so instead of being an ass, why don't you just be a little understanding or simply shut the fuck up? Have a nice day! *kisses Sefa!*
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #48
Hoamonduh

I think that Korast is just a bitch & needs to prove it to us all...

The Duchess: Diamonds are of most value They say, that have pass'd through most jewellers hands.

Ferdinand: Whores, by that rule, are precious.

-The Duchess of Malfi Act 1, Scene 3 - John Webster 1614

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
Hoamonduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #49
Iwka
Supporter

shitty... hope it gets resolved... if not ... WoW is kinda fun... but the dwarves are on the side of evil o'-'o
Old 08-22-2005, 07:21 PM   #50
Dawnmarie

On behalf of everyone that lives sane and rational lives, I would like to apologize for Korast
Dawnmarie is offline   Reply With Quote