Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #51
Keldarn

Originally Posted by Caeelar
Inmountains, I don't think anyone is supporting Kogurs cheating, I think they are just supporting there friend who got banned. I'll admit, I am dissapointed since I have always held Kogur in the higest regard. He has always been a friend to me as well. That being said, he is human.. human's fuck up. There friends forgive them and move on. I hope you get your account back Kogur, you have always been an asset to the server and pretty much a good guy all around. I also hope you learned your lesson and put the cheats in the trash when/if you do get your account back.
Quoted for emphasis. And for truth.

Fair weather friends aren't cool. A personal fuck-up is a sure fire way to find out who your true friends are.

Kogur fucked up. Owned up to it, and has shown remorse in his posts. Does this make everything right with the world? All snuggly bunnies and butterflys? No, but it sure beats the hell out of:

l0lz!1 1 g07 bann3d 4 haxx0rz, bu7 7|-|a7'5 0|< cuz u all suxd neway!

I'll take a remorseful Kogur over a l337speaking scriptkiddy any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:28 AM   #52
cubis the mage

Originally Posted by Frekkels

Did you lose Keelian's account too? (Hope she's feeling alright btw.)
Maybe this is a good time to start over in EQ2?

Take care,
Oh yes! Sony fucks up EQ1 so you should move to EQ2 and trust that they don't do it again because they pinky promise?

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
- Britney Spears, Pop Singer
cubis the mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:55 AM   #53
Inmountains

Caeelar, we can just agree to disagree. True friend or not (I find it hard to call anyone I meet in a MMORPG a "true friend", as all we know is the character they play in game), a person who cheats is showing their true colors. How many of us have had "true friends" in real life and then they stab you in the back? It turns out that they were shady all along and were just waiting for the right moment to take advantage of you?

Kogur stated he "found this really neat program". He knew what he was doing, he could have walked away or downloaded it and used it. One time I found $250.00 in cash on a golf course. I could have pocketed it and no one the wiser. But I told the "starter" that I found a certain amount of money and the person who lost it described it perfectly so it was all returned to him. It turned out to be a week's pay for him (this was 25 years ago). It's called "doing the right thing".

Yes, Kogur apologized, but again, on a message board, how true do we know anyone's feelings. Also, he only apologized AFTER he got caught. He didn't come on here BEFORE he got caught, say he was sorry he had been using it and that he had stopped using it. An apology only AFTER someone get's caught just doesn't carry any weight with me.

Kogur may be a wonderful person over all, but he did something wrong for which his account got banned. If his account is returned to him, I will protest to Sony and tell them that their rules don't mean shit. How good is any game where rules are not enforced? Kogur already stated that he will look to buy or obtain another high level warrior, again, another transgression against Sony's rules. It is a "gray area" if he gets a friends account, as I do play my son's account and see nothing wrong with that, especially since I have always paid for it. But buying a "PA" account or "Ebay" account is against the rules just as much as using a 3rd party program.

For the many thousands of players who have played by the rules, who have leveled up, equipped, flagged, keyed and AAed, cheaters try to negate all that effort. The inequality this creates lowers the entire value of the game. The basketball hoop is 10 feet off the floor, whether you are 5 foot tall or 7 feet tall. Lowering it to 6 feet off the floor for one person lowers the value of the game. Steroids, corked bats, a magnet in the front end of a soap box racer, a hockey stick with too much bend, etc.... are all forms of cheating, and make the game less valuable, giving a person an advantage over other players. They may be nice people, but decreasing the value of a game I pay to play just grates against my understanding of ethics, morals and integrity.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #54
Hukis

Its okay Kogur, I used third party programs too. That way I could see if there were any stealth GM's trying to watch me and ban me for supporting my homies in Bastion of Hukis.

**HUKIS**
Hukis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #55
Muertissimo

Send a message via AIM to Muertissimo
For the many thousands of players who have played by the rules, who have leveled up, equipped, flagged, keyed and AAed, cheaters try to negate all that effort. The inequality this creates lowers the entire value of the game. The basketball hoop is 10 feet off the floor, whether you are 5 foot tall or 7 feet tall. Lowering it to 6 feet off the floor for one person lowers the value of the game. Steroids, corked bats, a magnet in the front end of a soap box racer, a hockey stick with too much bend, etc.... are all forms of cheating, and make the game less valuable, giving a person an advantage over other players. They may be nice people, but decreasing the value of a game I pay to play just grates against my understanding of ethics, morals and integrity.
Greylords EQ2 too!
Retired member of
Midnight Fury (r.i.p.)

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."--Revelation 6:8
"Your greatest creation, is the life you lead."
Muertissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #56
Caeelar

Send a message via Yahoo to Caeelar
Yeah, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Cae
Caeelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:48 AM   #57
Keldarn

I would like to come out and publically say that I have cheated in the following games: Doom, Doom3, Half-Life, Quake, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Red Faction 1&2, and a host of other games.

-devmode ~/godmode ON

I'm so ashamed.

Oh, and I unkowingly cheated at craps once too. Completely my fault. /sigh I used a set of dice from a friend, that just happened to have a couple of lead inserts. Good thing it was a game between friends! I got a ribbing, my friend got a cussing, we all got a good chuckle, then went back to shooting craps with a different set of dice.

I suppose that in the world of righteousness, white-hats should be vilified right along with the script kiddies. And no, I'm not equating the use of a third-party application in this instance as white-hat related.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #58
Garoan
At your cervix

Inmountains,

What makes your son's account any different than one of Kogur's friends' accounts in the eyes of the EULA? Unless, of course, your son is not also your friend...

If you insist on standing that high on your own pedistal, you should avoid kicking one of the legs out before you climb up.

Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Garoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #59
korast

If they give the account back i hope at a minimum they strip the gear.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #60
Inmountains

Originally Posted by Garoan
Inmountains,

What makes your son's account any different than one of Kogur's friends' accounts in the eyes of the EULA? Unless, of course, your son is not also your friend...
Let's see, the difference is when my son started his account, he was 13 years old and Sony required an adult to sign and approve for the account. I guess if Kogur was under age and his friends had to sign for his account, then there would be no difference. Also, if Kogur's friends had paid for 100 percent of Kogur's account for six years, OR if Kogur had paid for his friends account for the entire time, there is no difference. What a fucking MORON Garoan.

According to Sony, I have two accounts, one in which my son is allowed to play and Sony is aware that my son plays it.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #61
Cerden

Basically Inmountains your saying your a self righteous filthy cock sucker? No need to repeat it, I'm pretty sure everyone already fucking knows. You bought stuff off player auctions/ebay. I'd like to see them ban your account now. You didn't get a punishment for that, but you felt awfully bad about it and sold it a year later for a lot less. Oh nos, how horrible. Go choke on some sperm gutter slut. Your no better then what you preach against.
Cerden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:48 PM   #62
Cerden

And Korask, weren't you using Show EQ with us during the time of Vex Thal? That's not really fair to be all mean like that to Kogur then!
Cerden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #63
korast

I never traded no drop gear, went invincible and solo'd raid names or used **********. I did use showeq when i had 2 comps, it'd be hard to find an officer of a high end guild that didnt. Every time i 6 boxed i played them all manually~.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #64
Inmountains

Forgot to post this:

EULA

1. Accounts are available only to adults or, in their discretion, their minor child. If you are a minor, your parent(s) or guardian(s) must complete the registration process, in which case they will take full responsibility for all obligations under this Agreement. By clicking the "I Accept" button and providing us with a credit card number, you represent that you are an adult and are either accepting this Agreement on behalf of yourself or your child. You may not transfer or share your Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account). You are liable for all activities conducted through the Account, and parents or guardians are liable for the activities of their child. Corporations and other entities are not eligible to procure Accounts.

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

So what's the difference between my son and Kogur's friends? Read EULA item number one!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #65
Inmountains

What's the matter Cerden, that sheep too loose for you? Try a sewing needle then! You might want to stop inhaling that 409, it's cleaning out your brain cells!
Old 05-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #66
Kogur
Phatty!

Just as an FYI Inmountains, I never said anything about purchasing an account as you stated here:

Kogur already stated that he will look to buy or obtain another high level warrior, again, another transgression against Sony's rules. It is a "gray area" if he gets a friends account, as I do play my son's account and see nothing wrong with that, especially since I have always paid for it. But buying a "PA" account or "Ebay" account is against the rules just as much as using a 3rd party program.
I would not purchase a character. As I stated, I fucked up by using this program...I wouldn't want to risk doing anything to get myself into trouble again. As far as a retired friend giving me their account, while that may officially be against the EULA, that is something that Sony does not enforce and something I see no moral issue with.

Brigiid,

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hopefully, I can change your mind on that if/when I come back to EQ.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:16 PM   #67
Lolanae

Kogur, sorry this happened to ya hun. I added you to my aim list. Hope you and Keelian are doing well. =) Good luck on the RL too. While I don't think it was cool ya cheated, live and learn.

And Inmountains, seriously...do you have to debate EVERYTHING??
Old 05-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #68
burmaben

I <3 you Kogur! Apart from that, I think RC can't be done in the alloted time without 100 rangers ghosting

Burmaben Soultaker
burmaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #69
Grishkalur

Yeah Kogur broke one, Inountains broke one, they should both be banned.

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.
Sounds like Korast broke one too. Bunch of fucking hypocrites around here.

Nice to know some people actually read the EULA though.

Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em---William Shakespeare
Grishkalur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #70
korast

You highlighted buy. Ive never ever bought anything for eq over the net. I will admit ive sold plat figure somewhere in the 9 digits range... though i havent sold any running near 1.5 years now.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #71
Grishkalur

I didn't know you bought or sold, I saw you post that you used ShowEQ. Fact is, you're all cheating to different degrees and judging each other over which is worse. Popular opinion is gonna agree with you but you're hardly the ones to rub it in on Kogur. I don't know a single person who hasn't broken one of the rules at one time.

So instead of your high and mighty games, maybe you should say the guy screwed up, should have known better, got punished accordingly and told the whole community about it. I don't know the guy, I just see hypocrites all over the place and it's more sickening than usual.

Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em---William Shakespeare
Grishkalur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #72
Deathands

I mapped my sense heading to my direction keys back in the day, hope I don't get banned for that macro!

This thread is getting ridiculous.

Deathands
70 Necro
Deathands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #73
korast

Originally Posted by Deathands
I mapped my sense heading to my direction keys back in the day, hope I don't get banned for that macro!

This thread is getting ridiculous.

Deathands
70 Necro
I sold you plat once :~}
Old 05-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #74
korast

Wait nm, was some guy named firehands... anyways we're all gonna get banned together!
Old 05-03-2005, 02:40 PM   #75
Inmountains

OK, I called Sony and told them I bought a GZ and Crafted Breastplate on Ebay back in 1999. I asked them what my punishment should be, because the EULA didn't always say what the punishment should be. They told me I would have a one day suspension, so I am not able to play today. Crime and punishment, end of story.

Oh Cerden, I worship the ground that awaits you!