Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2005, 06:04 AM   #26
Oakinbier

Kogur, I really hate hearing this. I hope you get my e-mail.
Daane 70 Priest
Core of Valor

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
BEWARE MY E-PENIS WRATH!!!!
Oakinbier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:11 AM   #27
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
If you're gonna start over, you may want to try WoW. You can solo as any class when you can't find a group. The death mechanics are great, and the PvP part is fun as well.

Maybe you should take the banning as a life message and move on. You might as well leave EQ while it was fun than when it starts to suck and you drag it out.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:12 AM   #28
Annastasya

Send a message via Yahoo to Annastasya
Kogur has been an upstanding guy on EMarr from the get-go. Always friendly, willing to help anyone with anything, always says hello.

It really saddens me that you happened upon a cheat and relied on it rather than your skills (which you have TONS of). I imagine it was just curiosity at first..then the uberness of the cheat sucked you in?!

Anywho, good luck with Sony if you can get your account back or start over.

I'll help PL you Mr. Kindsoul, just be good!
Annastasya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:22 AM   #29
Bludysky
Professional Twitch B*tch

Originally Posted by Dwarkarn
I find it extroadinarily amusing how you are not having a go at this guy for using hacks, if it was any other random you didnt know so well you would all be bitching at him for using a hack.

Double standards are amusing.
Why would I waste my time explained how lame hacks and cheats are to someone that has already been banned for it? If after getting banned they haven't learned their lesson me "bitching at him" is not going to make one bit of difference so why should I bother? /shrug I will "bitch" at people that I know are actively using those hacks to do most things, but in those cases they might actually stop.. Kog here has already stopped although by force not by choice, so the result is the same, and nothing is gunna come out of the R&F board trolls calling him names.

Move along, nothing to see here.

"Many a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the street."
- Elbert Hubbard
Bludysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:31 AM   #30
Caeelar

Send a message via Yahoo to Caeelar
Damn Kogur, just.. Damn.

Cae
Caeelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:43 AM   #31
Xiqz

A, this is my dissapointed face
my pansy crap

"...i fingered it out..." -Kogur tha Ogre

Annastasya
85 High Priestess
Servant of Norrath
MYSPACE
Xiqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:48 AM   #32
Zelious

Would you shoot a random tresspasser for doing the same?
yes..yes i would

cheating blows....no matter who you are
Old 05-03-2005, 06:50 AM   #33
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Yeah, I should have reversed the order of those two lines.

My basic point was that you'd be more likely to go after somebody you didn't know than somebody who was close to you.

Especially given that Kog owned up to his mistake without even being asked.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:17 AM   #34
Irimi

Don't make a monk, they suck
Old 05-03-2005, 07:33 AM   #35
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Kogur, I think that third party application is still having an affect on you...your title is in the third person.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:38 AM   #36
Fawnii

Duno if this helps, but starting a new toon you can be 65+ with 100ish aa's in a week.

Watched a guy 8 Box and PL two level 46 rogues in PoFire. The next day i logged in and both rogues were 65.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #37
Keldarn

Don't make a monk, they suck
Yes, yes they do!

Take care Kogur. One of the few things about EQ I'll remember is sending a tell to some warrior that I barely knew (the same warrior that sent me a tell a week prior asking for help on Seru). And asking that warrior if he'd tank Dain for a pickup raid. I enjoyed working with you on my many different characters.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:54 AM   #38
Inmountains

All this support for Kogur cracks me up. It reminds me of Catholic Priests who molest little boys. The Priest may help hundreds or even thousands of parishoners, but they also molest little boys. Do you think all those parishoners are going to say, "Shoot, he was a good priest, he helped me so much, he should be let off easy"

I know, molesting children and cheating in a video game, in and of itself, are not comparable. BUT, cheating is cheating. Using any third party program to STEAL content from others is stealing a lot of FUN from a lot of other people. For example, lets say Guild A is ready for RC, their first attempt. But a pair of characters use third party program XXX to take RC out. In essence, they just said to Guild A, "We don't care the hundreds, and thousands of hours you have spent to get to this point, we have this nifty program to destroy your goal. Again, in essence, SCREW YOU.

I am not sure about you, but that really bothers me.

Martigan, you bring up WoW here? A thousand lashes with a wet noodle!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:58 AM   #39
Cerden

Inmountains, that has no bearing on this conversation. The priest never, not ONCE agreed to date solely one child. So there for he wasn't cheating on them.
Cerden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:01 AM   #40
Kogur
Phatty!

Wether you believe it or not is up to you...however, I used the program for the fun little toys it had. Being able to zone without running to the zoneline and being able to run really really fast...things that like that. It was a new toy to me, and I'm sure over time it would have gotten old. It really did help put a new spark in an old dying fire though. Being banned made me realize just how much I'll miss my friends and guildies( <3 Sanctuary of Marr, even cranky ole Tevaran!) should I choose to give up EQ.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:07 AM   #41
Marrvell

So, according to Inmountains, we should think the same of someone who cheats in a video game as we do of a priest who molest children. Riiiggghhhttttttt. Its apples and oranges to me.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #42
Tevaran

That comparison to molesting children is one of the most dumbass things ever written on this board, which is truly an amazing distinction.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #43
Inmountains

You guys crack me up. If you READ my post, I said you can't compare the ACTS, you compare the CHEATING. I work in Video Surveillance, and every person on this board has been recorded on the equipment I support. Whether a person steals a candy bar or a DVR player or commits murder, they get caught, and the appropriate punishment is given. And yes, my company's equipment has done all of that. The lowest amount that person was arrested for was $0.11 worth of nuts. The highest amount I have heard of was an 'internal' case with over $300,000 worth of merchandise stolen. Guess what, they both got arrested because 'stealing is stealing'. Yes, the punishments were different, but that was NOT my argument.

A child molester should be hung, in my opinion, or at least 20 to life. A video game cheater should get his/her account banned. Or are you all so dense that you can't see when a "good" person does something wrong, they should be punished?

Like Korast said, "no sympathy here"!

Did I ever cheat? I will admit that I purchased 2 items from Ebay in my first 3 months in the game, back in 1999. I felt so bad, I never did it again. I think my punishment was something I paid nearly 100 dollars for sold for less than 100 pp a year later. So, I know there is temptation to cheat, and most of us test the line at some time or another. But for someone to cheat, month after month, definetly crosses the line over to destroying the game for others.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #44
Cerden

Wow, yeah Kogur running fast and zoning from anywhere ruined my game experience!

Inmountains, I want to fuck you in your ass. I hate you so much, but I'm so horney.
Cerden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #45
Inmountains

Cerden, I don't know who you are, and even more, I don't give a damn. But you aren't worthy to breathe the same air as me, but since you are so horny, take that 1/2 inch wanger of your's and find a sheep! And stop letting the fries burn at McDonald's, the customers don't like them that way, even if you do!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #46
Grishkalur

So his running fast and zoning fast cheated you out of what? I don't know if he did more or not but I don't think you do either. Seems like he made a mistake, paid the price and is one of the very few who owned up to it. Stomping all over him is going to help how?

It's estimated that 12-15% of the EQ population at this time uses some form of 3rd part program, be it a forgaging macro, a tracking program or something far more sinister like MQ w/plugins. How many of them come to the boards and tell you about it? He made a mistake; he admitted to his mistake. Lets see the other 3-500 people using them on this server have the balls to do the same. Then we can move past it to those who have purchased accounts and gear and log on friends characters for rezzes/buffs/flags. You can quantify cheating however you want. It's funny how many people say "well, what I did was ok but this is over the line." What a load of horseshit.

Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em---William Shakespeare
Grishkalur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #47
Caeelar

Send a message via Yahoo to Caeelar
Inmountains, I don't think anyone is supporting Kogurs cheating, I think they are just supporting there friend who got banned. I'll admit, I am dissapointed since I have always held Kogur in the higest regard. He has always been a friend to me as well. That being said, he is human.. human's fuck up. There friends forgive them and move on. I hope you get your account back Kogur, you have always been an asset to the server and pretty much a good guy all around. I also hope you learned your lesson and put the cheats in the trash when/if you do get your account back.

Cae
Caeelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:09 AM   #48
Marrvell

As you say Inmountains, cheating is not an acceptable act and a cheater should be punished but you cant divorce the punishment from the act as you appear to be attempting to do. The severity of the cheat directly determines the punishment it deserves. You are trying to say we should be just as disturbed and upset about the act of cheating of a priest who molest and someone who cheats in a video game. That is beyond absurd.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:45 AM   #49
Netura

Send a message via AIM to Netura
Originally Posted by Inmountains
And stop letting the fries burn at McDonald's, the customers don't like them that way, even if you do!
I like my fries burnt, Bitchtit.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #50
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I agree with Inmountains, to an extent.

Remove the particulars of this situation, or the priest/child scenario, and what you're left with is a simple violation of trust. I don't subscribe to the theory that X number of good deeds grants you the permission or the right to go commit X number of bad deeds. I don't think the end justifies the means in this case.

Kogur,

I'm not gonna kiss your ass or anyone else's and say that this is OK or that I'm sorry you got banned. I think you got what you deserved. I feel sorry for anybody else whose reputation might be tarnished by what you've done.

You've been a lot of fun to hang out with in the past, but I don't feel like I can trust you anymore, and that makes me sad. I do appreciate your apology.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote