Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2003, 08:39 PM   #1
Alauradana

Default WIQIDSOUL--major loser

I just need to vent about this. I was camping AC in Sro and Wiqidsoul comes in. The AC spawns, I root it, dot it and start casting on it and he comes over and Harm touches it, and kills it and he gets the kill. I of course told him that is Kill stealing and he says that mobs like the AC are always FFA. That is total crap. I am so tired in this game that losers like him run around and say stuff like that, they do it in order to justify the way they play. There is nothing honorable in running around stealing rare mobs. This happens all the time in this game anymore. Used to be people had respect but now the game is run by a bunch of kids with no manners, no morals. I told Wiqidsoul obviously given the chance to steal in RL he would. He tells me this is just a game, but if you feel comfortable stealing in a game because you are behind a computer screen, you would steal from someone in RL in a heartbeat if no one were around. I honestly believe that a part of everyone's true personality bleeds in this game and if you have no problem doing crap like that to people in game, you are most certainly a loser in life. It is crap that backstabbing and stealing are common in this game because people cannot play respectably. For you losers, this was supposed to be a roleplaying game. Honor and integrity were supposed to be a part but I guess you dont' get that with the losers we have in the world now. I notice Wiqidsoul is unguilded, for all you guilds out there, don't tarnish your name with crap like him. He can do stuff like this but his reputation is gone. I can just imagine him stealing from his best friend's wallet, well dude, you weren't here--it was a FFA.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:44 PM   #2
Devla

Paragraphs are your friend.

Regards,

CJ
Devla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:46 PM   #3
Alauradana

Sorry for not being grammatically correct when I annoyed.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:46 PM   #4
Abrucx

Adaptation is even better. Yes, I know reading something without paragraphs must be terribly hard, and warrants you making a useless comment about it; but, give it a try sometime. You might be surprised!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:53 PM   #5
Dalamarn Darkgem

Old story but still acceptable. I'd have reported him for attacking an engaged mob and the looting. This will have a flag placed on his account even if other action isn't taken. Sucks that asswipes are allowed to run the game for others.
Dalamarn Darkgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 09:01 PM   #6
Alauradana

I did petition, he turned around and told me to petition, because nothing would happen. There weren't any guides/gms on to petition to. If the customer support were there to enforce the policy, losers like him wouldn't keep it up. He knows as well as we all do, not a lot is going to be done.

(note the use of the paragraph here) Like I said earlier, that is why given the circumstances this individual chooses to cheat/steal because he can--I believe he would in real life. It just amazes me that people live with the knowledge that they are low lifes.

If gms review my log there is no mistaking it, the AC was rooted, dotted and I was in the process of snaring and blasting when he did harm touch, and harm touch is alot faster that Dots If there is another way to turn him in save petitioning, please enlighten me.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:05 PM   #7
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Used to be people had respect but now the game is run by a bunch of kids with no manners, no morals.
People are the same...game has changed.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 09:47 PM   #8
Leldari L
MOD

Send a message via AIM to Leldari L
Use the e-mail petition form under contact your GM on the EQLive page. Those petitions generally get answered a bit slower but they do get answered and they don't get dropped from a queue.

http://www.station.sony.com/en/services/help/eqGM.jsp
Old 02-18-2003, 09:51 PM   #9
Alauradana

Thanks, will give it a try.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:59 PM   #10
Sarkam Warbringer

Send a message via AIM to Sarkam Warbringer
I think Verant has a designated dumpster for AC petitions.
Sarkam Warbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:05 PM   #11
Razer Zedge

Send a message via AIM to Razer Zedge Send a message via Yahoo to Razer Zedge
do you have logging on all the time? if it happened to me, I would go back to my logs and extract the important info as it showed itself to me, and did the email petition with the logged stuff to help push it along. Just takes a couple minutes and you can get back to your stuff and wait for a response. Helps rid Norrath of retards, too.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:28 PM   #12
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

logs are 100% worthless
Old 02-18-2003, 10:57 PM   #13
Razer Zedge

Send a message via AIM to Razer Zedge Send a message via Yahoo to Razer Zedge
nah, they can be funny sometimes :P I wouldn't say they're completely useless. sure, his log isn't gonna make a GM decide who was right and who was wrong, but it might at least give them an idea of what happened.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:25 AM   #14
Vespay

I noticed you used the word "loser" a lot ... I personally refer to them as assmunchers, or fucktards
Old 02-19-2003, 06:40 AM   #15
Frekkels

Default AC mob stolen

Hail,

Thanks for posting the name of another dishonorable player.

Next time, with your petition, send a report that includes the lines of text that further bolster your claim. Even if the report doesn't actually show exactly what you want to prove your point, it shows effort and helps your side of things. Many times you can prove your case w/ the report. Include the fact that you sent a report in your petition.

It is pretty obvious to a GM when your report shows the initial cast by you (root), the dots, and then the HT going in from your KS'er, along with your initial /tell complaining about KSing and his "it is FFA" response.

Even if you can't capture all that, a report showing him acting rude and cursing etc while you are being polite (though mad) can also help.

Using a well written petition and a report can make a difference.
If you can't do that, note the time, location, names of the people involved, and any witnesses to your e-mail petition. Logs for your e-mail won't be treated as evidence in my experience, but they can be used by you to help write a correct chronological sequence of events for your e-mail.

Of course, the AC ring is chainable, so if your KS'er is in a guild, you might be better served taking it up with his guild by speaking to an officer or leader IG first, or via their message boards or e-mail second.

Even though the player may be irresponsible, his guild may take the accusation seriously and investigate. While the chance may be poor, arbitrating with a guild officer may get you satisfaction. At the least, it alerts that guild to a potential problem member.

I always appreciated receiving this type of information as an Officer in CBA, even if the claim against one of our members couldn't be substantiated or proven by the complainant. A series of complaints is indicative of a trend or pattern of behavior. That's enough to take action on, even if that action is nothing more than an investigation that only results in some general counseling on game etiquette.

Good luck on getting your boots, and my sympathies with your plight. I hated that damn camp. Took me many many hours to get Giah her ring for her.

Take care,
Frekkels
Frekkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:16 AM   #16
Kerryn

Next time get the line of text where he say's the GMs wont do anything on your screen then type /report

Then send in this petition.

Assmuncher killed the Ancient Cyclops after I had engaged. I informed him that I had petitioned and you will see his reply in the report I filed.

Nothing pisses off a GM more then seeing someone saying that "GM's wont do anything"
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 03:17 PM   #17
Raedwulf

Send a message via AIM to Raedwulf Send a message via Yahoo to Raedwulf
Heya, Alaura. Bummer about the KS. It's ridiculous when folks that KS, claim that the mob is FFA. The two are not equivalent. FFA does not mean that you can try and take the mob from someone who is engaged with it. Interrupt a camp, sure - still lame, but not a breach of the rules. Terribly, Terribly Lame.

Although nothing will probably happen to this tool from WeRant, at least a few on the server will see his name and keep it in mind during future dealings. And Kerryn and others gave good advice. GM's hate it when someone flaunts their inability to do jack or shyt.

Good luck and I hope you continue to enjoy the game. "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girl." It's not often I get a chance to quote the Osmonds.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:10 PM   #18
Devla

Paragraphs are good. If you want to get a point across, making it easier for people to read is the first step, and it also breaks your discussion up into relevant sections. They all fall under rudimentary writing skills.

Abrucx, I shouldn't have to adapt. If I were to write a document at work the same way, my boss would wonder what the fuck he hired me for.

Therefore, by encouraging Alauradana to use proper sentence and paragraph structure, I'm actually helping him/her to

1/ Get the point across better so that more people will actually READ it.

2/ Be more likely to get either better marks at school/write better letters/memos/documents, etc at work.

It's all public service. No, don't thank me.

Regards,

CJ
Old 02-19-2003, 04:50 PM   #19
Vespay

Christ, shut your traps about "paragraphs are our friends" already. If you don't want to read it because of the simple fact that it's not up to your writing/reading standards/perfections, then don't, just don't be a jackass about it.

A) Not ALL people were in honors english throughout their school years.

B) Not ALL people care to take the time to space and spell everything correctly, especially when they're angry.

And ...

C) Some people just don't care, period.

Anyways, don't mean to hijack the thread. But on another note, I am sorry that you did get KS'ed. It really ruins your day when jackass_moron_(insert infinite number here) crosses your path.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:56 PM   #20
Devla

No, I won't stop saying "paragraphs are your friend". It works for me. Live with it. I seem to have gotten Alauradana to use paragraphs properly, so my work here is done.

On a side note, I read the whole post, despite it's lack of paragraphs, because I read these posts to learn about people I should be wary of. If this happened, then I'll agree with all that Viqidsoul is a complete cunt and needs to have a 16lb bowling ball inserted up his fishhook held open arse at 200Mph.

Regards,

CJ
Old 02-19-2003, 06:04 PM   #21
Rangera

I'm sorry to hear that your camp was KSed. It's mostly SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) to blame rather than these players. The guides/gm's hardly do anything most of the time which further encourages these KSers.

***** If you are the first one to hit the mob, The target should be locked so that only your (or your group's) hits will register.. This way, a KSer that comes along will only be wasting his time. The target will become unlocked only if you die or if you leave the zone. It will also become unlocked if you take too much time to kill the mob (lets say you are intentionally locking the target by kiting him around for no reason/trying to buy time till your group gets there, from 10 zones away).

Being a game designer (I do not work for SOE/Verant- FYI) I don't know why they haven't implemented this feature. This will not only help the players, but also free up the time the Guides/GMs spend on investigating the KSing complaints, so that they can focus on more important ingame issues.

Thanks for the headsup on WIQIDSOUL. We'll make sure he won't get in a group because of his wicked ways. Once again, sorry to hear that your spawn was KSed. Just hang in there you'll get your Jboots :-)

Efil, Cleric
Rangera, Ranger.
Rangera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 06:06 PM   #22
Metzen
United States Army EOD

nah thats too nice Devla.. Flesh Grated off with a cheese grinder and have road salt ground into the wounds with Steel cleats...
Chaosmaster
60 Mage
Kargath
Metzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:44 PM   #23
Abrucx

You get paid to write for work. Your employer expects a certain standard, and since he is paying you, you aim to meet that standard.

This isn't work. This is a public Everquest board. Making a cliche, smartass comment without anything else to contribute to the topic at hand isn't going to help anyone. It just makes you look like an ass, so stop trying to turn it around like you give a shit about what happened. If you did, you would have at least posted something about what she said, since you read the whole thing and all. Also, if you want to help everyone in the world write better, start off by not using a lame one liner.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:46 PM   #24
Lurikeen
Freaky

Ok, yes, if he ganked AC from you then that is KSing and is clearly wrong. But one thing you aren't looking at is the damage you did to AC in a short time frame from it's pop. From the time you rooted and dotted isn't it possible that Wiqidsoul was also casting on it including a HT?

The truth is that I have seen many situations where peeps are cross casting/nuking and get into a fight over who has the rights to the mob. I can imagine you being in such a situation and the person being a prick. South Ro is full of pricks and that comes with the zone.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:46 PM   #25
Abrucx

Oh, btw, good reading skills. I am sure Viqidsoul will be angry to learn that you are tarnishing his reputation by confusing him with Wiqidsoul.