Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2003, 05:19 PM   #1
brontes
Banned User

Talking MY uberscore!

Here it goes:

Magister: Who gives a crap?
Midnight fury: Who gives a crap?
aToF: Who gives a crap (and for god sake change the name! it's worse than Divine grace!)
Affliction: See first 2 responses.
Divine grace: Ghey name! thats all i got to say 'bout dat!

Thank 'yall! Have a nice day!
brontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 05:37 PM   #2
skafloc1

/duel brontes anytime....anywhere bring 100 k and to up the ante the looser has to delete and NEVER play that character again.let me know if yah have the balls.. and NO im NOT talking about the ones in your mouth
skafloc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:09 PM   #3
brontes
Banned User

Not today...
Old 02-07-2003, 06:59 PM   #4
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

For the last time: It's LOSER not LOOSER. Jesus christ!
Lurkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:32 PM   #5
Dalamarn Darkgem

Awww.. it sounds like someone is jealous to me. I dont think Brontes could do a proper UBERSCORE... why? Cause it's hard to know what's going on around the server when ya cant get out of LOIO or DL without going down.

Lurkerr, I think "looser" is right here, cause my money says he'd fuck him good. /shrug
Dalamarn Darkgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 06:26 AM   #6
brontes
Banned User

when ya cant get out of LOIO or DL without going down.
I xp in oasis! not loio OR dl
Old 02-09-2003, 08:44 AM   #7
Cerden

Is Brontes your in game name? Also, please leave anon off when your on.
Cerden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:43 AM   #8
Leldari L
MOD

Send a message via AIM to Leldari L
But Cerden anon is all the rage these days.

/hijack on

Once upon a time it was the refuge of higher level clerics, druids, wizards and enchanters. Now you can zone into East Freeport you can see level 1 monks anon. Hell if you do a /w in almost any zone 90% of the players are anon.

Bugs shit out of me because frankly levels do matter when it comes to grouping. While yes you can ask that doesn't mean jack really. Anyone remember the level 35ish cleric who was anon in KC? I generally don't use anon. I seldom even use /role.

Why does everyone suddenly feel the need to be anonymous? Do the GMs have warrants out for you? Trust me /anon won't help. Have you pissed off that many people you feel a need to hide? Maybe you should up your social skills. Do you think it makes you look uber or cool? No, it just makes you look paranoid or like you really do have something to hide.

Before all the poor hunted down for buffs classes start bitching yes that can be a valid excuse. But my god I can't believe 90% of our players on EMarr are in those 4 or 5 classes. There are some monks, warriors, rangers and paladins out there besides me I'm sure.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:45 AM   #9
Leldari L
MOD

bah reading comprehension>me

Now you can zone into East Freeport you can see level one monks anon = Now if you zone into East Freeport you can see level one monks anon
Old 02-09-2003, 04:54 PM   #10
senaka

Default guild rules

Many guilds have rules that state a person's alts must stay in /role until they reach a certain level, usually the recruitment level of the guild
senaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:04 PM   #11
Leldari L
MOD

Senaka that is true however most of those guilds also allow a choice of /anon or /role. To be honest I still think the /anon craze going on right now is a fad. Everyone seems to want to look like they are in an uberguild whether they are or not.

The guilds requiring twinks to be anon have been around awhile the trend has really picked up lately though. Honestly I think AToF started it innocently enough when they started going anon to make their way to hotly contested mobs that they spotted up first. But I am sorry when 95% of Oasis is anonymous it has gotten out of hand. Yes I see these things because I am currently working on leveling a cleric twink.

My main objection is the ability to slip in anonymous friends and guildmates when they would normally be considered too low for the zone/group and endanger other group members. My second objection is the trend opens up the field for those like that 35 cleric to PL themselves on the backs of others hard work while they lie about their level.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:00 PM   #12
Everclear

My second objection is the trend opens up the field for those like that 35 cleric to PL themselves on the backs of others hard work while they lie about their level.

Did this cleric lie about his/her level? If so, I think that is wrong. If however, they were honest, AND kept the group alive, then they are not on anyone's backs, they did thier job. All it means is that (Here it comes) ~Clerics are overpowered-not balanced-imporportianally gifted for level- gonna take over the world-Sony's favorite-It's not fair-We should nerf them like druids, but instead give them a hammer to melee-they are gonna steal melee jobs-Only class that can't really be replaced in the game-omg ~ a really good class.

Sorry, had to post this somewhere, some serious, some not. I am not saying that clerics are completely out of control, I am not saying they aren't either.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:04 PM   #13
Zarney

brontes, skafloc pwned you, please delete your account, thanks

If your torn from something unjustly... something that you loved, and gave your heart to.... then what is left ?? ~ Zarney
Zarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:10 PM   #14
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
Default Running anon/role

Has it ever occurred to you that sometimes folks just want to be left alone?

I sometimes run /anon when I don't want to list in the Guild List, because I don't want someone to feel slighted when I don't answer because I'm either feeling anti-social or afk a lot.

Additionally, I run /role a *LOT* to avoid folks who just want to bug the shit out of me.

I still wish EQ had the DAOC equivalent where you didn't even show up on friends lists, but could still talk or group.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 06:11 AM   #15
brontes
Banned User

My IG name is Brontes...
Old 02-11-2003, 06:11 AM   #16
brontes
Banned User

And i never anon or even roleplay...........
Old 02-11-2003, 06:12 AM   #17
brontes
Banned User

BTW....Zarney, you ain't retired! mwahahahah
Old 02-11-2003, 06:44 AM   #18
Frekkels

Default Using /anon and /role

Hail,

I am 95% of the time in /role. I'm in a roleplaying guild.

Another 4% of the time, I'll be anonynmous, for exactly the reasons Caoilfhionn mentions. I have been blessed with a large number of friends IG, and sometimes when I'm not up to putting on a friendly face, I'd like to be able to play in peace. I did this several times recently during a time of great personal stress.

The last 1% (when I show Class/Level/Tag) is when I'm LFG on a pick-up raid, or LFG in Tier2. If someone in my family sees me NOT in /role (since they won't see me /anon), they can rightly assume one of 3 things:
1. I'm actively raiding.
2. I'm actively LFG (w/ LFG up)
3. I forgot to go back to /role after #1 or #2.

(Nice hijack of a mediocre thread btw Leldari!)
Take care,
Frekkels
Frekkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 09:36 AM   #19
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I thought Frekkels was just hiding from me all the times Chamcham was hunting her down trying to get her a hit of KEI. O.o

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:12 AM   #20
Naele

"I sometimes run /anon when I don't want to list in the Guild List, because I don't want someone to feel slighted when I don't answer because I'm either feeling anti-social or afk a lot."

Im afraid this wont work for long, with the new guild interface in LOY everyone, anon, RP or even off-line will be listed for all to see and there will even be a spot for notes (like "this is so and so's twink") so the only way to hide from your guildies in the future will be to play either un-guilded twinks or another server....

Naele Shadowslayer
65 Dread Lord
Nallae Shadowslayer
61st Cleric
Affliction
Naele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:28 AM   #21
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
And that said, I can already smell some burning of lazy people who won't do anything for their guild or raid unless its to ooberfy themself, but want to keep the guild tag of a really cool guild over their head anyway. O.o

And that said, there's probably going to be an influx of new guilds created by those people, too.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:47 PM   #22
Kilamon

Default ~

lurkerr just 2 words...... YOUR ANNOYING... and btw skafloc would own you in a duel so he can say looser or loser or however he wants to cuz hes more uber then u will ever be =)
Old 02-11-2003, 03:12 PM   #23
Ozzin T'Arc

Send a message via ICQ to Ozzin T'Arc Send a message via Yahoo to Ozzin T'Arc
Default What is UBER ??????

I have played this game from day 1 and have seen a lot of "kid's" who are thinking they are UBER because they are High level, because they have good equipment, because they are in a guild who are able to fight the BIG mob's...

The REAL UBER people are the ones who still have fun in this game (as far as it is possible with those faggot's these day's) and not showing their shit in Bazaar... or bragging about Duel's and such childish talk's

I salute for the REAL UBER PLAYERS and the those who are bragging... they are the REAL LOOOOOOOOOOSERS

/Grin

A Proud (Erudite) Necro

"Too many of us are spending money we haven't earned, to buy things we don't need to impress people we don't like"
Ozzin T'Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:39 PM   #24
Lurikeen
Freaky

"And that said, there's probably going to be an influx of new guilds created by those people, too."
Hmmm... I wonder what the guild tags might read?

<The Comatose>
<Listless Loot Whores>
<Faineant Apathetic>
<Courtesans of Plunder>
<Team Booty>
<Shanghai Loot Monkeys>

Old 02-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #25
Zelgadis

As long as no one takes the Chamcham Protectorate away from me.