/boggles at the Smurf..

Only you would think that way Tranus =P

High Priestess Aprell

Exemplar of Karana
Retired cause I'm playing WOW!
Aarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 02:34 AM   #28
TheClericBanton

Send a message via AIM to TheClericBanton Send a message via Yahoo to TheClericBanton
Originally posted by Aarial
/boggles at the Smurf..

Only you would think that way Tranus =P
I dont know, When i logged kogur on that one time, i remember acouple tells that i didnt even know could have been concieved... :eek:

BTW... Kogur, STFU... No one gives a crap about your problems, now get back to leveling Banton!

/cracks the whip
[EGBT]|MaguS| - [EGBT]
Click Here for a FREE Ipod!
TheClericBanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 11:58 AM   #29
Aarial

Banton is now 46 =P

Kogur sat on him an squished him for plat..

Have a good christmas blueberry.

BTW I have some extra clerical type spells in bank if you need em an come back.

High Priestess Aprell

Exemplar of Karana
Old 12-21-2002, 06:03 PM   #30
TheClericBanton

Send a message via AIM to TheClericBanton Send a message via Yahoo to TheClericBanton
For God sakes kogur! Check your Email for freaking once in your life!

><

/smacks the fatty in the head and runs behind Aarial
[EGBT]|MaguS| - [EGBT]
Old 12-22-2002, 03:42 AM   #31
Aarial

He's black an blue now Banton..

You must of beat him up something fierce because your wearing crusty armor an wield a "rusty mace."

/snicker

High Priestess Aprell

Exemplar of Karana
Old 12-24-2002, 01:41 PM   #32
Derahh

*sigh*. Sheez you two.
Derahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 02:33 PM   #33
TipaDaKnife

Ya know, Kogur, I read this again and I still don't have any idea what you're talking about. I've grouped with people from all those guilds, have good friends in all of them, am a former member of one of them, and don't see any qualitative difference in their gameplay from those in my not-so-uber guild. (Granted it is probably raid tactics, and not exp group tactics, that separate these guilds from others).

One thing I don't see, in the pickup groups I've been in anyway, is someone saying, "Oh look, that person is in Divine Grace, s/he must be the most wonderful person in the world, now we're gonna see some real experience!"

If there's any ooh-ing and aah-ing going on, it's about their gear, and not their skill.

I'm glad that you got into DG, but I think you are over-estimating how much someone's guild tag overwhelms those people unfortunate enough to be in another guild.
Kanda, 60 Troll Priestess, Kirin Tor, WoW
Dina Tanglewood, 53 Troubador, Befallen, EQ2
Dera Tanglewood, 47 Inquisitor, Befallen, EQ2
TipaDaKnife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 02:51 AM   #34
Blessing Angel

I agree with you Kogur! =( /comfort
Blessing Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 08:41 AM   #35
Fori Shadowmoon
Cold Hard Bitch...

Send a message via ICQ to Fori Shadowmoon Send a message via AIM to Fori Shadowmoon
OMG a Derahh sighting..

Enslaving Trolls since 1999
retired
Fori Shadowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 01:47 PM   #36
Grammaw

Send a message via AIM to Grammaw Send a message via Yahoo to Grammaw
Get back in the kitchen Fori, my cookies still need to be baked.
Grammaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 02:05 PM   #37
Kogur
Phatty!

Originally posted by TipaDaKnife

If there's any ooh-ing and aah-ing going on, it's about their gear, and not their skill.

I'm glad that you got into DG, but I think you are over-estimating how much someone's guild tag overwhelms those people unfortunate enough to be in another guild.
Eh??

I'm not saying that people oohh and ahh over it at all...I'm saying that people that are in these guilds or of the level of these guilds, not really limited to these guilds, will only group with people of similar "percieved power". That's my whole point, just because you're gear isn't "up to par" or you aren't in an "ooober guild" doesn't mean that you as a player would be any worse to group with...but a lot of people think it does, and that was the whole point of the rant.

What I'm trying to say is that people in "not-uber guilds" are not overwhelmed by the guildtag or gear, but rather the "ubers" are underwhelmed(is that a word?) and even a little put off at the thought of grouping with someone without those guildtags or gear.

I think if this thread continues on, we might see a bunch of beaten horse corpses on our way to the glue factory.
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 02:08 PM   #38
Derahh

nooo not the horses.
Derahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 03:42 PM   #39
StruzortheGnome

Send a message via AIM to StruzortheGnome
Ok . . I didn't read half these posts cause that would take too long . . but seriously, if I'm in a group fighting at one of the harder camps in PoN and we have a druid as main healer and our slower leaves you bet your ass I'm not gonna stay. I can't tank that shit without a slower and if I can the druid's mana is gonna run dry quick so theres gonna be alot of down timeand the exp isnt worth the time grouping, I could just leave and solo.

A day may come, when the courage of gnomes fails
This is not that day
StruzortheGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 04:07 PM   #40
TheClericBanton

Derahh, Email me ya punk! Kogur says you died and he just threw you in the dumpster!

da_cleric@hotmail.com
[EGBT]|MaguS| - [EGBT]
Old 12-25-2002, 04:17 PM   #41
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Default Kogur

What I'm trying to say is that people in "not-uber guilds" are not overwhelmed by the guildtag or gear, but rather the "ubers" are underwhelmed(is that a word?) and even a little put off at the thought of grouping with someone without those guildtags or gear.

As a cleric in the mid to low range of gear/AA in my guild I can say with some certainty that in terms of raw numbers, gear along with AA, DOES make a difference. If I am used to grouping with a 8k- 9k hp warrior with 100-200+ AA or an enchanter with 5k+ hp and most if not all of thier spells and 100 + AA it makes a huge difference from a warrior with a lower AC than me and 5k- 6k hp and few AA or an enchanter with 3k hp with an incomplete spellbook and/or few AA. I am not saying skill does not play a factor but, the fact remians I get more bang for the buck with a Complete Heal, spend less time and mana healing the enchanter, and thus have more mana for some DPS, more pulls or some utility within the group. Further, as some have said, I prefer to guild group first and support my guildies. Some of these folks I have been playing the game with for almost four years and we can anticipate each other and know our limits. Bottom line, grouping with guildies affords me possiblities I cannot gain with a pick-up group in terms of increased effciency, comraderie, and frankly available zones to in which to exp, not to mention I am supporting my guild when I do it.

As for pick-up groups, I am not opposed to them but, they are a last resort for me. Even then when it comes to "pick-up" groups or fielding invites I would prefer a group a Affliction folks (great people, one and all, in my opinion) to a random group of persons from a given zone. From random groups I have met paladins who still do not understand that Divine Arbitration + Healing Wave of Prexus is a good thing, monks who do not know how to shake aggro, warriors who can't or won't grab aggro, druids, wizards, mages who overnuke thus depleting my mana pool and slowing things down, etc. That being said I have met some skillful players in random pick-up groups and enjoyed myself. Bottom line is, I prefer to support my guild, first and foremost, play with those of like experiences/gear second and then lastly a random pick-up group. Random pick up groups are too much like that famous Forrest Gump saying about a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

I regaurd preferences as somehow closed minded, evil or uppity, they are just that preferences, nothing more.
Old 12-25-2002, 06:16 PM   #42
Lixivia

there's a couple really scary people who hang out in PoV all time, most people have caught on to who they are and will not group with them ever again.
Old 12-25-2002, 07:37 PM   #43
Orchard

Smokums...you callin me ghetto? Damn! i thought I could hide that from you!

I'm not "ghetto" I just have a lot of room to improve!

(laugh)
Orchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 08:26 PM   #44
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Default correction

bleh, no edit...

That last sentence should start off as " In regard to preferences being somehow....."
Old 12-26-2002, 07:39 AM   #45
Rorinthas

Send a message via ICQ to Rorinthas
Went 3 levels in paludal once with just a bard's regen song for our healing. The others were melee classes and we had a wizard for a while I think.
Rorinthas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 01:29 PM   #46
Aarial

-=heheh=- Lixivia

I bet I know who your talking about!

/bonks Derahh on the head.. Where you been!

BTW Kogur is Phat

High Priestess Aprell

Exemplar of Karana
Old 12-27-2002, 05:18 AM   #47
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

It is extremely rare that I will group with people I don't know. I've been killed way too many times in pickup groups due to someone's negligence. Hell, I was once grouped in PoV with a cleric that didn't heal me *at all*. Even when I was running around playing ghetto CC by parking mobs and getting smacked around, I never got one heal. If I'm not getting beaten, I prefer to heal myself and let the cleric save their mana for the others, but, when a mob is tearin me a new asshole, HEAL ME! I'd much rather get killed by my guild than a bunch of strangers :P

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 08:36 PM   #48
Everclear

Default Sounds like highschool!

Wow.. it would be kind of hard to get involved in this without sounding like a highschool student. On one side it sounds like you have the "in crowd" popular snobs.. on the other side the "outsiders" who consist of the majority. Well.. Sorry but to me it seems the only winners can be the open minded people. IMO if you say you "ONLY" group with one type of person .. YOU ARE LAZY. That's it... deny all you want, but you are just a lazy player, who wants exp handed to you.. OH NO.. no different combinations you might have to WORK HARDER... might have to CHANGE TACTIC... ADAPT or actually USE SKILL. Yes.. for all those people that claim that grouping with friends is more "fun" because you know each other YOU ARE LIARS. It isn't more "fun" IT IS PREDICTABLE. Now, that isn't to say that I don't group with friends and guildmates, and have a blast... but I don't refuse to try anything new for fear of being "discovered".. you know what I mean... how awful would it be to have an "uber" character revealed as the hype he/she is? Well, honestly, the only people who would care are other hype mongers... IMO the people who want to be GOOD PLAYERS, appreciate finding weaknesses, and developing new ways to deal with them. But I suppose if you are in an "uber" guild, you might have the luxury of taking the easy way out. Sure.. only have people with the best gear... sure only group with those people, until even a moron could predict thier moves... sure brainwash the dumb ones to be good players, because they have "n33t g3ar" You see, that's where I believe the roleplaying of this game comes into play. Because it seems that just like in stories, the true heroes aren't the ones flashing thier "Heroes Club" membership cards. ... oh.. but to those whining because they won't group with you... ummm why are you whining? Personally, I would prefer not to be grouped with a one dimensional player anyway. (You might have to tell him/her how to change her hotkeys :-O) Oh.. and this btw is not to mean in any way that everyone in uber guilds is an awful character.. not at all... please don't read this to mean that... I am sure there are outstanding players in every guild, I am just referring to a certain type of player.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 10:33 PM   #49
Everclear

Default btw

. lol and btw.. for those of you who group one way because you don't want to die.. how embarassing for you... even a cyber-spine is beyond some people.

-Merry Xmas!! Happy New Year!! Don't drink and drive, be SAFE!!!
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 07:58 AM   #50
Nire

Send a message via AIM to Nire Send a message via MSN to Nire
It just makes sense....

Pick-up groups are very touch and go, because there are a lot of real big morons out there. So why would someone choose that over a group of people they play with on a regular basis? People whom they are friends with and know what to expect when they group.