Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #26
ShardmoonVer.1

The swiftboat info was known for 30 years. It just wasnt important until Kerry became exposed to different people than the voters of Mass.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #27
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
The swiftboat info was known for 30 years. It just wasnt important until Kerry became exposed to different people than the voters of Mass.
You could be right about her. According to an article on the Drudge Report she wrote a Facebook entry claiming to have left for a "higher calling". We will see.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:16 AM   #28
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
Actually, she is going to build up her bank. The one thing she was really naive about was how much personal wealth plays in national politics. Look for her book and speaking tour in the next 2 years.
I think that's quite likely the real explanation. The media isn't talking much about the book (at least that I've seen), but if that $7-9 million figure that I saw months ago is right, it would explain a lot. It'll be interesting if she does a bit of "for the real reasons I left as governor, buy my book - now available at Amazon for $29.95 and get free next-day shipping".

That said, quitting the governorship seems like a damn dumb move.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 AM   #29
ShardmoonVer.1

Her ability to govern has been compromised and I think she is smart enough to cut her losses and let some one else take over who can do the job without all the bitterness from in and outside the state. This is either principle or calculation on her part. The voters will decide in 3 years.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #30
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

This was a small-time move for someone with big-time aspirations and it will haunt her political life forever. Unless the American voting public is even dumber than I think it is (and I'm not sure that's possible), she'll be sent on her merry little way very early in primary season if she's foolish enough to foist her inadequacies on the national scene again. She'll forever be labled as someone who couldn't take the heat and bailed out on her state and her supporters. As I've said many times on this board, she simply isn't fit to serve at the national level. All this did was confirm things. If a little bitterness is all it takes to chase her from office, what's the over/under on how long she'd last in Washington? Ten minutes?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #31
bumbleroot

I cant remember the guys name atm and gotta run to do family renunion stuff or id look it up........ but he switched parties on the Republicans here a while back I think he was from Pennsylvannia but I could be wrong........ so now Bumbles has a defector on his side and was ok with it.
Quote from me on Specter's party switch.....
Personally I think its bullshit when someone switches parties.
I am as okay with it as you are having Richard Shelby in your party or Ronald Reagan in your party. I didn't hear you whine about them being defectors.
Party switching happens all of the time, its despicable. Especially when someone waits to get elected then switches. But its there so you gotta live with it.

But if that's the worst you can come up with, fire away.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #32
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
This was a small-time move for someone with big-time aspirations and it will haunt her political life forever. Unless the American voting public is even dumber than I think it is (and I'm not sure that's possible), she'll be sent on her merry little way very early in primary season if she's foolish enough to foist her inadequacies on the national scene again. She'll forever be labled as someone who couldn't take the heat and bailed out on her state and her supporters. As I've said many times on this board, she simply isn't fit to serve at the national level. All this did was confirm things. If a little bitterness is all it takes to chase her from office, what's the over/under on how long she'd last in Washington? Ten minutes?
Hell, why not elect her? We elected a party planner from Chicago with less creds the last go round... She can't possibly be as horrendous as our beloved Bumbles Lollipop is now!
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #33
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Quote from me on Specter's party switch.....
Personally I think its bullshit when someone switches parties.
I am as okay with it as you are having Richard Shelby in your party or Ronald Reagan in your party. I didn't hear you whine about them being defectors.
Party switching happens all of the time, its despicable. Especially when someone waits to get elected then switches. But its there so you gotta live with it.

But if that's the worst you can come up with, fire away.
Reagan didn't change his political afiiliation after he was elected. He changed it about 5 years BEFORE being elected governor of California. Big diff.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #34
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Hell, why not elect her? We elected a party planner from Chicago with less creds the last go round... She can't possibly be as horrendous as our beloved Bumbles Lollipop is now!
I don't think either of them had an especially strong resume of executive leadership but I think turning over the reigns to someone as simple-minded as Palin would be infinitely more dangerous.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #35
Drysdale
RSS Feed

I don't think either of them had an especially strong resume of executive leadership but I think turning over the reigns to someone as simple-minded as Palin would be infinitely more dangerous.
If you see her as simple minded, then you're obviously the simple minded one. But hey! Keep watching those Katy Couric exposes!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #36
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

If you see her as simple minded, then you're obviously the simple minded one. But hey! Keep watching those Katy Couric exposes!
Yes, because one couldn't draw that conclusion through any method other than watching the evening news. Nice, "I'm rubber, you're glue..." angle there though. /facepalm

I'm sorry about your crush on Queen Quitter. She failed. You failed. You should be used to this.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #37
bumbleroot

Reagan didn't change his political afiiliation after he was elected.
Shelby did and Ax was saying that I should not support any party with defectors in it. See....
so now Bumbles has a defector on his side
So his point is either moot or he is a hypocrite.

Keep watching those Katy Couric exposes!
Gee, if you can't even hit a softball when its thrown at you then don't blame the pitcher. Katy Couric asked her easy questions. She couldn't answer them. That's not Couric's fault. That's because Palin is simply a stupid woman who gets by on folksy charm and looks alone.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #38
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Shelby did and Ax was saying that I should not support any party with defectors in it. See....
so now Bumbles has a defector on his side
So his point is either moot or he is a hypocrite.

Gee, if you can't even hit a softball when its thrown at you then don't blame the pitcher. Katy Couric asked her easy questions. She couldn't answer them. That's not Couric's fault. That's because Palin is simply a stupid woman who gets by on folksy charm and looks alone.
Bullshit. She got edited to look like a buffoon. You don't even have to be edited.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #39
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Read the full fucking transcripts then, Drysdale. Or watch/read countless other examples of Palin in the public record. She's a minor leaguer, barely. Stop trying to turn this into "Katie Couric, the Politician Destroyer," and own up to the fact that your party- and yeah, that's exactly what I said, poseur- failed to vet their people adequately and put forth a garbage VP that initially invigorated but ultimately sank the McCain campaign, thereby having a significant hand in Obama's victory. With as much shit as you talk about the current POTUS, I'm surprised your boyish crush has given Palin's ineptitude a free pass. The media didn't turn Sarah Palin into an uncultured, unsophisticated sack of heehaw. That's simply who she is. If you didn't get that during the campaign, then surely you should have got it when she went menstrual on Dave fucking Letterman and some nobody blogger in recent months. And if you still didn't get it, then her taking the coward's way out of the governor's office has to seal the deal. Right? Seriously, right? Or do you really believe this craven halfwit is actually the best thing your party has to offer in 2012? I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't such a dick.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:26 AM   #40
Davek
Squawk Box

I like typing in red because I can.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 AM   #41
ShardmoonVer.1

She is no Obama when it comes to public speaking or the ability to put together her thoughts. Then again, he is no Palin when it comes to actual governing.

I sort of prefer her.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #42
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Read the full fucking transcripts then, Drysdale. Or watch/read countless other examples of Palin in the public record. She's a minor leaguer, barely. Stop trying to turn this into "Katie Couric, the Politician Destroyer," and own up to the fact that your party- and yeah, that's exactly what I said, poseur- failed to vet their people adequately and put forth a garbage VP that initially invigorated but ultimately sank the McCain campaign, thereby having a significant hand in Obama's victory. With as much shit as you talk about the current POTUS, I'm surprised your boyish crush has given Palin's ineptitude a free pass. The media didn't turn Sarah Palin into an uncultured, unsophisticated sack of heehaw. That's simply who she is. If you didn't get that during the campaign, then surely you should have got it when she went menstrual on Dave fucking Letterman and some nobody blogger in recent months. And if you still didn't get it, then her taking the coward's way out of the governor's office has to seal the deal. Right? Seriously, right? Or do you really believe this craven halfwit is actually the best thing your party has to offer in 2012? I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't such a dick.

Aww! I hurt Hormey's feelings by insulting his mama Katie!

Gee, we have someone in office who can read off of a fucking teleprompter. wow.

Apparently being able to do that is all that's important to a dolt like you. Who cares about what he's actually doing, eh?

Shard said it right.

You? You should stick to your one-liners. They're at least slightly clever. Your little diatribe is just sad.

And just because I like Palin's small-government attitude doesn't make me a Republican, fucktard. You're drifting deep into Bumbles territory. But I guess I was giving you too much credit thinking you actually had half a brain. Give you some rope and you'll bumble on down it to hang yourself.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #43
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Aww! I hurt Hormey's feelings by insulting his mama Katie!
Nice attempt at deflection, but, as always, fail. Don't confuse my disdain for Palin with being a fan of Couric's. Reaching yet again. If you're really holding on to the PollyAnnaish view that, gosh darn golly gee, Palin's really a smart gal who is simply the victim of a mean, mean, media, then I suggest you grow up a little.

Gee, we have someone in office who can read off of a fucking teleprompter. wow.
Remember, son, I didn't vote for that guy either. Is he more articulate than Palin? Sure. Is that relevant to the point I'm making, not at all.

Apparently being able to do that is all that's important to a dolt like you. Who cares about what he's actually doing, eh?
Everyone should care. Where am I on record trumpeting what a great job Obama's doing? On MANY occassion I've chided the anti-Obama crowd for focusing on ridiculous crap like his taking his wife on a date or his Special Olympics gaffe a while back instead of on the more serious issues. More deflection, more fail. You're making the classic "if you're not with us, you're against us" blunder. 3rd in line behind death/Sicilians and land wars/Asia I think. Just because I think you're a pinhead supporting an airhead doesn't mean I'm in cahoots with the Obama fanbois.

Shard said it right.

You? You should stick to your one-liners. They're at least slightly clever. Your little diatribe is just sad.
Don't be sad, cupcake. Sometimes the truth hurts, that's all. Chin up, Daddy's still wubs you.

And just because I like Palin's small-government attitude doesn't make me a Republican, fucktard. You're drifting deep into Bumbles territory. But I guess I was giving you too much credit thinking you actually had half a brain. Give you some rope and you'll bumble on down it to hang yourself.
To be honest, I think you're more interested in her naughty librarian MILFyness than her "small-government attitude," which is apparently a "no governor" attitude in the end. I'm glad to see I touched a nerve with the party affiliation thing though, LINO.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #44
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Obamanation in the works.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #45
Drysdale
RSS Feed

To be honest, I think you're more interested in her naughty librarian MILFyness than her "small-government attitude," which is apparently a "no governor" attitude in the end. I'm glad to see I touched a nerve with the party affiliation thing though, LINO.
And there it all is... Horm's main objection. She's a woman.

Thanks for playing!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #46
AjTaliesen

I don't think her gender has anything to do with it.

Name one prominent Republican politician INCLUDING Reagan in the last 50 years who isn't widely regarded in the media as bumbling and incompetent.

Comes with the tag.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #47
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Originally Posted by AjTaliesen View Post
Name one prominent Republican politician INCLUDING Reagan in the last 50 years who isn't widely regarded in the media as bumbling and incompetent.
Well, Cheney and Nixon were eviler than Satan. Cheney could make Darth Vader wet his suit just by threatening to stuff him in his man-size safe.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #48
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by AjTaliesen View Post
I do think her genitalia has everything to do with it.

Wait... was there a line back there somewhere?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #49
Michael Cumberlan

Originally Posted by Lurikeen View Post
That's a good point, but remember the whole "Swift boat" attack on Kerry didn't really gain momentum until later on in the presidential campaign.
Not that I am a Kerry supporter, but isn't the reality of the situation that the "Swift boat" attack was in reality a fabricated bunch of crap used to smear Kerry? Not that he didn't do other things to piss off vets, but that is exactly the kind of slack-ass media reporting / collusion that is one of the things wrong with this country.

Isn't much of the Palin broughaha similar? Shadowy quotes from "realiable but anonymous sources", trivial accusations with little or no basis in the truth, all being overreported by the media? This is not a defense of Palin, it is an indictment of the vetting of public figures.

On a separate note: unsophistitated uncultured Heehaw ... were you talking about Truman, Lincoln, Grant, or any number of other presidents? Many many Americans actually like their presidents to be unpretentious, common folk.

Last edited by Michael Cumberlan; 07-07-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Michael Cumberlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #50
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Michael Cumberlan View Post
Not that I am a Kerry supporter, but isn't the reality of the situation that the "Swift boat" attack was in reality a fabricated bunch of crap used to smear Kerry? Not that he didn't do other things to piss off vets, but that is exactly the kind of slack-ass media reporting / collusion that is one of the things wrong with this country.
I agree with what you are getting at. The media loves to pile onto a story and run it to death. I can't stand to watch the news these days. Try watching Anderson "Cupcakes" Cooper sometime or Sean Hannity, on opposite to him. These guys don't report news anymore, they simply provide propaganda for whatever political wing suits their interests. Although, I do have to give them credit for being so transparent with their political views... none of them would stoop to using such blatantly false slogans like "Keeping them honest" or "fair and balanced reporting". Nuh, uh.

Originally Posted by Michael Cumberlan View Post
On a separate note: unsophistitated uncultured Heehaw ... were you talking about Truman, Lincoln, Grant, or any number of other presidents? Many many Americans actually like their presidents to be unpretentious, common folk.
You'll have to ask Horm; he made the "heehaw" comment.