Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #26
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Again, there are certain artists that have near universal credibility. Yes, it's obviously opinion and can't be proved wrong, but thinking his music sucked is simply incomprehensible to me in the same way as someone not understanding the greatness of the Beatles.
Or Yanni...

/flees
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #27
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
OK Horm, here it comes all BS and fucking with people aside (the rest is pretty much just to get shit started).

You may throw out the race card if you want but this guy did way to many shady things and if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck (tell me he didnt :P) then it is a duck.

I think that if more people put faith in something other than some goof ball that could sing (matter of opinion) we would be much better off as a country, IMAGINE if all the people that were taking off from work or whatever it is they do put that energy into helping our country, we would be freeking out of debt in a few years, I guess I cannot in my wildest imagination figure out why all this crap is on tv much more than saying Jackson is dead, give a eulogy and let it be....... dude it is even wasting my time on mike and mike in the morning....

Now the fact I dont like the Music is for this reason, (take it for whatever you want to) but I hurt my ear with firecrackers when I was younger and I can only hear out of one ear so things like rap, heavey metal and Michael Jackson I have a hard time understanding, there are othe artists out there I cant listen to very well either because of it..... I like to actually hear the words of the songs I listen to..... although I like to listen to classical stuff without anywords also.

That is great you all think he was a great artist, but it just gets irratating to me to have to see it 24/7 on every channel, they did the same for elvis when he died and I loved his music, still listen to it to this day and he was kind of an knothead to....... but even as young as I was it got really sickening to see it all over the news, especially back then when my family didnt have cable yet, I don't even think my town did lol.

Thats as good as I can explain it without messing with ya all, Im not angry by any means just causing controversy..........which is kind of what steam vent is for isn't it? Im pretty sure none of us here REALLy hate each other, most of us would probably get along IRL, probably have some heated arguements though, but hell I do that with some of my best friends anyway for the hell of it.

OH and just to get the Christian thing settled, yes I am Christian.......... No Im not behaving that way all the time and I have work to do.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #28
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Gee, If Dan Rostenkowski died the same day Richard Nixon died who would get more press. Michael Jackson was as big as the Beatles in the early 80s. It was just that simple. Farrah was never as big as that. She was a sex symbol and the prime one of her generation but she doesn't hold the near cultural significance of MJ. He was worldwide and she was primarily American and she never had a "lasting" career as he did.
I don't Bumbles. Everyone did walk around for a number of years with the Farah hairstyle /shrug. Not to say that outweighs MJ's credentials but she was a big influence on how women viewed themselves.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Gee, If Dan Rostenkowski died the same day Richard Nixon died who would get more press. Michael Jackson was as big as the Beatles in the early 80s. It was just that simple. Farrah was never as big as that. She was a sex symbol and the prime one of her generation but she doesn't hold the near cultural significance of MJ. He was worldwide and she was primarily American and she never had a "lasting" career as he did.

Heh, in her heyday Farrah was as big an influence and MJ, and MJ's prime did not last much if any longer than FF's did, he just had a series of "comebacks" which were just shadows of his heyday. He DID have the Jackson 5 history and other relatives in the business to keep him relevant though.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:28 AM   #30
bumbleroot

if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck (tell me he didnt :P) then it is a duck.
Unless an investigation is done and determines it is indeed Not a duck.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:35 AM   #31
bumbleroot

Heh, in her heyday Farrah was as big an influence and MJ, and MJ's prime did not last much if any longer than FF's did, he just had a series of "comebacks" which were just shadows of his heyday
I beg to differ. Farrah Fawcett was not a household name anymore. MJ was. Kids knew who he was. They didn't know Farrah. To them she was nothing more than Bridgett Bardot or Carole Lombard to my generation.
Also you speak of her hairstyle. That means little. Jennifer Anniston changed hairstyles. But she is not nearly of cultural significance of MJ. He was as big as the Beatles. Perhaps you are too young to realize that. And if you are too young to realize that, you probably wouldn't even have been alive when Farrah was big.
I would guarantee that the earnings after death of MJ dwarf hers.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 AM   #32
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
I beg to differ Bumbles, sorry MJ was not all that more significant.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #33
bumbleroot

And yet anyone over the age of 30 other than you realizes that.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #34
Lith Ahntalon

And yet anyone over the age of 30 other than you realizes that.
Whatever
Old 06-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #35
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Jackson's Thriller album sold 100 million copies. He had a lot more stuff. Everyone knows 'Ben' etc. I can't remember an episode of Charlie's Angels but I do remember the show aired way back and i used to watch it. I dun think FF's 12 million Red Swimsuit Wall posters rate comparison with MJ's mtv videos either.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #36
ShardmoonVer.1

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett only share one thing in common. They died on the same day. If she had died any other day, she gets the Ed McMahon treatment and we move on. Not taking away from how she lived or died, but it was never at the same level of Michael Jackson.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #37
Axgar

Bumbles is right........kids did know who he was.

Farah F Died the other day and went to heaven, God welcomed her and granted her one wish, she said well..... I wish all the children on earth were safe...... couple hours later Michael Jackson was dead.

Michael jackson with all his plastic surgery was a pretty good percentage of plastic, so they have decided after he died to melt him down and make him into legos so the children can play with him for a change.

fuck you bumbles...... just a joke remember.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #38
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Actually, it all started with Ed McMahon wishing Farrah was around so he could fuck her.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #39
Axgar

Yes Ol Ed always had fairly good luck.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #40
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Well, maybe MJ will lose the spotlight now that Billy Mays died.

Yeah, I know.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #41
ShardmoonVer.1

They say reality show and tv pitchmen die in 3's. If so, the Shamwow guy better be careful.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #42
bumbleroot

Actually, it all started with Ed McMahon wishing Farrah was around so he could fuck her.
Actually he was waiting for MJ for that reason.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #43
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Ice Weasel X View Post
Well, maybe MJ will lose the spotlight now that Billy Mays died.
Billy Mays was certainly more of an American icon than MJ.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #44
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
They say reality show and tv pitchmen die in 3's. If so, the Shamwow guy better be careful.
Nah... more likely to be "Dog" Chapman.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #45
Axgar

I kind of like the bounty hunter show......jury still out on the chapman family, not sure if they are genuine or just putting on a show for the camera as far as personality.

BTW saying good riddance to anyone dieing was probably out of line, I did not care for the guy but being happy anyone dies is stupid....... my bad, kind of an spur of the moment reaction.....still do not like his music much though.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:20 AM   #46
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
I kind of like the bounty hunter show

Ewww. He's uuuuugly and she's too top heavy.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:12 AM   #47
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Just think - some day, "Dog" will die, and we'll need to endure endless rehashes of his greatest & rock-bottom moments..

Side note: Achewood & MJ
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #48
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
OK Horm, here it comes all BS and fucking with people aside (the rest is pretty much just to get shit started).

You may throw out the race card if you want but this guy did way to many shady things and if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck (tell me he didnt :P) then it is a duck.
So then you don't believe our justice system is valid? After all, we could just go on your hunches and save a lot of money, right?

I think that if more people put faith in something other than some goof ball that could sing (matter of opinion) we would be much better off as a country, IMAGINE if all the people that were taking off from work or whatever it is they do put that energy into helping our country, we would be freeking out of debt in a few years, I guess I cannot in my wildest imagination figure out why all this crap is on tv much more than saying Jackson is dead, give a eulogy and let it be....... dude it is even wasting my time on mike and mike in the morning....
I'm pretty sure those people taking time off from work to mourn MJ probably aren't the sort of people likely to have much to offer to society at large: I wouldn't sweat the loss of their productivity.

Now the fact I dont like the Music is for this reason, (take it for whatever you want to) but I hurt my ear with firecrackers when I was younger and I can only hear out of one ear so things like rap, heavey metal and Michael Jackson I have a hard time understanding, there are othe artists out there I cant listen to very well either because of it..... I like to actually hear the words of the songs I listen to..... although I like to listen to classical stuff without anywords also.
I'm not sure how MJ winds up in the same boat as rap or heavy metal. In any event, that's different than his music being "crap" as you said earlier.

That is great you all think he was a great artist, but it just gets irratating to me to have to see it 24/7 on every channel, they did the same for elvis when he died and I loved his music, still listen to it to this day and he was kind of an knothead to....... but even as young as I was it got really sickening to see it all over the news, especially back then when my family didnt have cable yet, I don't even think my town did lol.
I don't watch much TV compared to many, maybe 5 hours a week, but I haven't watched anything on MJ since he died. I think you need to get a grip.

Thats as good as I can explain it without messing with ya all, Im not angry by any means just causing controversy..........which is kind of what steam vent is for isn't it? Im pretty sure none of us here REALLy hate each other, most of us would probably get along IRL, probably have some heated arguements though, but hell I do that with some of my best friends anyway for the hell of it.
So the "good riddance" angle is trolling? Seems a whole lot more like anger typical of you on these boards.

OH and just to get the Christian thing settled, yes I am Christian.......... No Im not behaving that way all the time and I have work to do.
/golfclap
Old 06-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #49
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by FafnerMorell View Post
Side note: Achewood & MJ
That's actually a pretty good way to put it.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #50
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
Ewww. He's uuuuugly and she's too top heavy.
That's not her breasts... she is wearing a life preserver under her clothes... it is Hawaii you know!