Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Veo

Default R.I.P. Michael Jackson

Just came in, so there's no article yet.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Heart attack. It is weird, so many people I have grown up and have been watching on t.v. are dropping like flies

RIP King of Pop.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Wow - I thought this was a joke thread when I saw the headline but Drudge has it as main banner so it must be real. Maybe he couldn't live without Farrah
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Lurikeen
Freaky

Just caught this news on the Seattle Times. What a day.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Overdose
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
bumbleroot

Is that speculation or news reports?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
SupportTank

that explains why the damn radio was playing 5 MJ songs in a row.

Now i get to put up with tribute crap for the whack job.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
Davek
Squawk Box

Rope around his neck and Thai Boys in the room?

As much of a freak that he was, he did put out some decent tunes. R.I.P. MJ.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
Misty
Do Not Disturb

This story appeared on the early news quoting tmz.com as the breaking source. Initially the reporter ran the source's version without editorial and it went like, " taken a large dose of... was not breathing, no pulse... unable to restore a pulse ..taken to emergency admissions nearby hospital... seriously ill" The whole understatement touchy feely thing would'a killed himfor sure, if he'd still been alive to hear it: "Jackson has died, his condition is described as very serious..."
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Good riddance, the headline should be "little boys in L.A. now safer".

On the bright side now maybe we will get two days off.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #11
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

From the Sun
An Emergency Room source at UCLA hospital said Jackson aides told medics he had collapsed after an injection of potent Demerol similar to morphine.

A Jacko source said: Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing.

His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.

His staff started mouth-to-mouth and an ambulance was called which got there in eight minutes But found he was in full respiratory arrest, no breathing and no pulse. They started full CPR and rushed him to hospital.
Demerol is a narcotic painkiller, and too much will cause you to stop breathing - which sounds a lot like the description of what happened. A few other reports have mentioned that he's had issues with the abuse of prescription painkillers in the past.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:14 AM   #12
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
Good riddance, the headline should be "little boys in L.A. now safer".

On the bright side now maybe we will get two days off.
I'm just glad to see all this Bible study is making you such a good, charitable person.

Seriously, guy's not even cold yet and you go with the "good riddance to the accused but never convicted pedo" line? Stay classy.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:16 AM   #13
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

It's sort of sad thinking back on his whacky career trajectory. He was on top of the world and then somewhere, somehow, his bizarre childhood came washing over him and just ruined him as an adult. Given all the self-abuse I'm not surprised at all if this turns out to be an overdose as hypothesized.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #14
Axgar

Yea dont make him take responsibility for being a no good SOB, it is his parents fault, funny how libbies work, dont punish them for being an asshat but blame the parents for him being an asshat, he is a no good individual and there are a lot of other people like him out there that are not famous that you would say good riddance to Horm, the problem is he is famous so you have to give your half hearted sympathy........ fuck him, at least I am real, your phoney or at the very least hypocritical sympathy make me laugh.

He had a chance to live a good life he made poor decisions almost as poor as him "music" then again some of you like that crap but to each their own, I doubt any of you are as piss poor a human being as he was.

This is after all steam vent so..........
Old 06-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #15
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Yea dont make him take responsibility for being a no good SOB, it is his parents fault, funny how libbies work, dont punish them for being an asshat but blame the parents for him being an asshat, he is a no good individual and there are a lot of other people like him out there that are not famous that you would say good riddance to Horm, the problem is he is famous so you have to give your half hearted sympathy........ fuck him, at least I am real, your phoney or at the very least hypocritical sympathy make me laugh.

He had a chance to live a good life he made poor decisions almost as poor as him "music" then again some of you like that crap but to each their own, I doubt any of you are as piss poor a human being as he was.

This is after all steam vent so..........
Other than being a mildly creepy and effeminate weirdo, what was he guilty of? How was he a "no good SOB?" You realize he was acquitted of all charges brought against him, right? Not that it's a perfect gauge of guilt of course- OJ was acquitted too and I don't know too many people who don't think he was guilty- but I'm not sure what you're being so angry about unless your parents made you spend a weekend at the Neverland ranch that you just haven't gone public with. I'm not saying his bizarre childhood (and his mistreatment is well documented) would have excused any criminal behavior. But again, what crimes did he commit that make you so angry that you're throwing a tantrum less than a day after he drops dead?

And seriously, how are you more "real" than anyone on this board? Because you're an misguided, angry misanthrope? That's more "real" than thinking back sadly about the strange path he followed in light of his real talent. And I think you're literally the only person I've ever encountered who thinks his music is poor- from hip-hop heads to headbangers, virtually everyone recognized him as a great entertainer (at least before he started bleaching and living with chimps). He's not my favorite artist or anything, but if you can't appreciate "Thriller" or the Jackson 5 era then I seriously question whether you have any taste whatsoever.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #16
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
but I'm not sure what you're being so angry about unless your parents made you spend a weekend at the Neverland ranch that you just haven't gone public with.
He's upset because his family didn't get millions out of MJ for that weekend.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #17
ShardmoonVer.1

As much as it pains me to say this, Horm is the voice of reason on this topic.

I have to go sandpaper my scrotum to mask the agony of saying that
Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #18
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Just make sure to start with a coarse grit and work your way down to the fine stuff. And if you're not crying, you're not trying. Be thorough.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Axgar, Michael Jackson, while often accused, was never convicted of anything. Why you are so quick to judge (which God said not to do, by the way) based upon things you hear from the not-always-accurate-but-always-sensationalized media denotes a very small mind. I don't know if MJ ever diddled any shitlins or not, but considering how many money-grubbing douchebags we have in this world, trumped up allegations created for the purpose of receiving a big payday is entirely in the realm of possibilities. Don't blame those of us who aren't so quick to condemn someone based upon assumption for being shallow or anything. You aren't real, just real dumb.
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
virtually everyone recognized him as a great entertainer
I owned (and enjoyed) Thriller.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
Axgar

I dont much care for the people that tried to sue him either, they are nothing more than thieves.

His music if you can call it that sucked, it is horrid I dont know how anyone can listen to it but different strokes for different folks, the guy was an asshat, now Horm answer me this question, IF your kid were to ever get an invitation to MJs ranch (while he was alive) and you excepted and let him/her stay over night and you found out that he was sharing a bed with YOUR child how exactly would you feel about it, you see MJ admitted to this and that is what I call him guilty of, NO man should be sleeping in the same bed as YOUR Child Horm unless it is you, I can reasonably come to the conclusion you are not a pedaphile of any sort so..... that is point blank suspicios behavior, my condonlences however the hell you spell it to the family but Im not heartbroken and I think it is wierd that some people (as you can see on tv) mourn him more than they would their own child, it is crazy, the man is no different than someone you see in the Obits everyday (if you read the paper).

Oh and it totally pisses me off I have to listen about MJ on Mike and Mike in the morning, I wanna hear how the fuck Toms knee is doind when I watch sportscenter damnit anyway.

I will say again His Music sucked to me, I wont listen to it unless I am at work and someone plays it, I wont complain when they play it unless they aske me if i like it.......... dont ask I wont tell.

You all can give a guy an out for being what you think is a gifte artist, I don't think he was gifted and I don't think he belongs in steam vent, it should be in the funnies part of the site.

I didnt say you werent real I said your sympathy isn't.... but then again maybe it is, some of you clowns idolize famous people, I don't.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #21
bumbleroot

Ax, how can you knock MJ for being an asshat when you are obviously outdoing him right now.

As far as your question.... nobody should ever let their kid stay at any adult's house unattended. It doesn't matter how weird the person is or not. Anyone with a right mind knows better than that. Your hypothetical question is stupid.

He was tried and not convicted on all counts. He was an odd person, but that's what happens when you are vaulted to Elvis and Beatles status at a young age. Elvis didn't do too well either as far as being a sane person either by the way. He did himself in, the same as Marilyn Monroe did and Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan are on the same tracks.

As far as the music. His music was innovative and the Jackson 5 brought about a whole new direction in pop and soul music. Whether you like it or not, there is no denying its importance in what you hear on the radio. In fact, from metal to pop to indie there are innovations in his music which changed the musical world. If you don't believe me, just listen to music before Thriller and after Thriller.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #22
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

His music if you can call it that sucked, it is horrid I dont know how anyone can listen to it but different strokes for different folks
Again, there are certain artists that have near universal credibility. Yes, it's obviously opinion and can't be proved wrong, but thinking his music sucked is simply incomprehensible to me in the same way as someone not understanding the greatness of the Beatles.

, the guy was an asshat, now Horm answer me this question, IF your kid were to ever get an invitation to MJs ranch (while he was alive) and you excepted and let him/her stay over night and you found out that he was sharing a bed with YOUR child how exactly would you feel about it, you see MJ admitted to this and that is what I call him guilty of, NO man should be sleeping in the same bed as YOUR Child Horm unless it is you, I can reasonably come to the conclusion you are not a pedaphile of any sort so..... that is point blank suspicios behavior, my condonlences however the hell you spell it to the family but Im not heartbroken and I think it is wierd that some people (as you can see on tv) mourn him more than they would their own child, it is crazy, the man is no different than someone you see in the Obits everyday (if you read the paper).
Again, I acknowledged that he was a weird and creepy guy. But being weird and creepy isn't a crime. Molesting kids obvious is a crime- a crime he was acquitted of. Where's the beef unless you have insider knowledge of what really went on when MJ had sleepover parties?

You all can give a guy an out for being what you think is a gifte artist, I don't think he was gifted and I don't think he belongs in steam vent, it should be in the funnies part of the site.
OK boardnazi...

I didnt say you werent real I said your sympathy isn't.... but then again maybe it is, some of you clowns idolize famous people, I don't.
Why would I need to idolize someone to thinking that a person as talented as MJ winding up a laughing stock in his last decade of life is a sad thing?

Again- why are you so angry about this? I had half a mind to throw the race card out there just to piss you off, but I'm honestly curious why you have so much anger about a dead pop star?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #23
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Only thing that bothers me is MJ is getting a LOT more press than someone who died with a lot more dignity like Farrah or at least had a lot more serious affliction than general creepyness.

That said some of his music was okay but, in general, I really did not care for him even if I respect his talent as an entertainer.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #24
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Lith Ahntalon View Post
Only thing that bothers me is MJ is getting a LOT more press than someone who died with a lot more dignity like Farrah or at least had a lot more serious affliction than general creepyness.
*GASP* He was the "King of Pop"! Didn't you know? Kneel before your "Pop King" mere mortal!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #25
bumbleroot

Gee, If Dan Rostenkowski died the same day Richard Nixon died who would get more press. Michael Jackson was as big as the Beatles in the early 80s. It was just that simple. Farrah was never as big as that. She was a sex symbol and the prime one of her generation but she doesn't hold the near cultural significance of MJ. He was worldwide and she was primarily American and she never had a "lasting" career as he did.