Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2003, 08:17 PM   #51
Aamrie

Thank you Kanya

That is all it was...it is always true that a few bad apples ruin it for everyone...and some days are just worse than others...

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:26 PM   #52
Dalamarn Darkgem

I have to add something about annoying work environments. I do tech work for a major oil corporation. I work the graveyard shift, which means I support people on the other side of the globe (ie. England, Scotland, Equatorial Gunea, etc...). Want to know work frustration? Try talking someone who's primary language is some west African Gunea dialect through computer problems in English.

Also, I'm probably going to catch some flack about this but the Scots' English is easier to understand than the Brits. They dont have to stop every sentence about 5 or 6 times and say "wot" or "right" in the middle.

OK, through bitching .. back to work and my regularly scheduled program.
Dalamarn Darkgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:06 PM   #53
Abrucx

Shoot me an email using the board option in my profile, just enabled it :O
Old 02-27-2003, 03:15 AM   #54
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

It's not filling out the order...it's trying to rake in more cash for the fast food chain by getting the customer to buy something they really didn't want
If the customer buys something they really didn't want, that's their fault. Ronald McDonald isn't going to bust a cap in your ass if you don't order the apple pie.

Fast food restaurants are businesses. Why does one start a business? To make money. Now, you can either make your product and hope people come to you, or you can actually try to sell your product. Which, do you think, is the better way to run a business?

PS - thought this was interesting: most people in the US get their recommended daily amount of Vitamin C, not from orange juice or even citrus fruits, but from french fries.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:36 AM   #55
Kerryn

But the more I read...the more I begin to wonder if the rules jab to close to home for some of the posters..
I think you'll find that rather then hitting close to home, that they strike a chord.

When people go thru a drive-thru they do so because they don't have time to do anything else. They're mind is on something else. If the service is good they're mind will stay on that something else, whether it be the state of the economy or 2 screaming kids.

If the service is bad, then their mind is drawn off what they were doing and aimed at the staff.

This means drive-thru staff are rarely seen to do anything right. You have to give excellent service.

Those rules strike a chord to many of us because without exception we've all had really bad servers at one point or another.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:45 AM   #56
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally posted by Wildane
If the customer buys something they really didn't want, that's their fault. Ronald McDonald isn't going to bust a cap in your ass if you don't order the apple pie.

Fast food restaurants are businesses. Why does one start a business? To make money. Now, you can either make your product and hope people come to you, or you can actually try to sell your product. Which, do you think, is the better way to run a business?
I agree with you, I was just pointing out the obvious behind the meaning of "filling out the order". Ronald may not "bust a cap" to the customer if they don't buy extra but he sure as hell will do it to his employees if they don't "sell up".

Well at least in the McDeath chain I worked at when I was 15. Back then they were more strict on following the rules. Nowadays, /shrug...I see so many "infractions" to what I was taught happening in the stores these days.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:21 PM   #57
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Every Thursday I have a college class, and I have to drive from work to college just to catch it in time. Well, I go to a Hardee's between work and class because the restaurant is so close. After reading this thread I thought I'd try some testing.

I walked in, looked over the menu in a split second and decided what I wanted. Then I went to the counter, where a girl was standing, and I think "This is where they say 'Hi, how may I help you? Would you like to try a such and such meal?"... except... the girl just stood there looking at me, then looked through her cash register thing, then away, then back... and I'm waiting around smiling like "Any moment now... maybe she thinks I'm still looking at the menu."

Well, five minutes later the guy who would normally serve me walks over next to the girl and looks at me from behind the counter. I peer at him and nudge my head towards the girl like "Is she going to acknowledge my presence or what?" and he said "Hey, I think he'd like to order." and the girl responded with "What?" So I ordered, got my food, ate, and left.

Not saying that I'm not ever going there again. Since Hardee's changed their menu again to the "Thickburgers" I'm rather enjoying the place.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:11 AM   #58
Frekkels

Default Drive Thru

Hail,

That's funny Zelgadis.

I stopped by a Kentucky Fried Chicken Drive-Thru today, to have my own little experiment.

I was greeted friendly enough, and ordered a Triple Crunch Sandwich (not something I would usually order). I was nicely asked if I wanted the "zinger" or the regular, and if I wanted the meal or not. I was also asked if there was anything else I wanted, though no specific food item was mentioned.

I said regular and meal please, and ordered a Pepsi for the beverage. I was nicely told that my total came to $5.something.
I couldn't make out for sure if it was eighteen cents or some derivative of 80'something for the change. Everything else the girl at the speaker said was comprehensible, though accented. Since my meal deal ran $4.89, I guessed (correctly) she said $5.18.

I was given the total again at the window, along with my drink (w/ straw!) even before I'd paid. I gave the girl $6.03, and she handed me my food in a single bag. She closed the window and took a minute to make change. (Fine with me, gave me time to check my order, and found the receipt in the bag!)

Handed me my 85 cents and I was on my way. The stop took about 4 minutes total.

Would have been nicer if she had smiled or been cheerful, but altogether an experience I wouldn't mind repeating when hungry.

Take care,
Frekkels
Frekkels is offline   Reply With Quote