Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2003, 11:47 AM   #26
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Interesting... there were like two or three different groups of people who said they wanted to use the pick up slot this round.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 01:21 PM   #27
Quentin

Send a message via AIM to Quentin
we wanted to but Norrathian Collective beat us to him
"Nuke them till they are dead, Ask questions later"
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 02:49 PM   #28
kalrie
Priestess of Pie

Send a message via AIM to kalrie Send a message via Yahoo to kalrie
your planned KS had nothing to do with a pickup raid besides its timing Quentin. The point remains that the actual pickup slot wasn't used, and they very nearly had 2 24 hour windows.
heads we win, tails we try again
kalrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:28 PM   #29
brontes
Banned User

Hey Lurkerr! the sky is blue!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
brontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:20 PM   #30
Zarney

Hey Brontes, the poop inside your dads ass is calling, shoo fly

If your torn from something unjustly... something that you loved, and gave your heart to.... then what is left ?? ~ Zarney
Zarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:15 AM   #31
brontes
Banned User

Awww, Zarney hurt mah feelins...Now i will cry on the inside.
/rude Zarney
brontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:02 AM   #32
Tyym

Well, I cant organize this little meeting should we decide to have it as I no longer represent Divine Synergy.. I left DS on good terms but with differences of opinion so if the meeting is to occur, it should be chaired by someone with a Guild to represent LOL..

Tyym
62 Enchanter
and no one to play with
Tyym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:18 AM   #33
coreyoli

Default Rotation...

Well,

I have sat back and read the posts, the flames, the rants, the bullshit, if you will..

Let me start by saying ANYONE who tries to tell me or my friends what they can kill and when can kiss my fuckin ass. My RL wife needs VS for her epic, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit in KC with that mob on track and not get a force together to take him down.

I could give a shit about some guild who's "turn" it is... If we get there with the force first, we will take him down, PERIOD! And if all the uber guild ass kissing pansies out there would grow a set and stand up for this THERE WOULD BE NO ROTATION. The problem is, people who are "wubers (wanna be ubers)" are so afraid of what the uber guilds might think that they stick their tails between their legs and wet themselves and back off.

FUCK THAT! I pay the same ammount as everyone else for this service, my household has three acounts, my wife, myself, and a bazaar bitch... ANYONE who wants to tell me of my wife that we can't kill a mob, fly to Buffalo and say it to my face, I'll shove this keyboard so far up your ass you'll be shitting keys one at a time for months!

Long and short of it, if you need the mob, KILL IT!

-Leolin TwisterOfMagic
Bard of 54 Songs
coreyoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:43 AM   #34
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
my wife, myself, and a bazaar bitch
For some reason I find something sad in this quote...

My RL wife needs VS for her epic, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit in KC with that mob on track and not get a force together to take him down.
So do it.

And if all the uber guild ass kissing pansies out there would grow a set and stand up for this THERE WOULD BE NO ROTATION.
You haven't done it yet, does that make you an ass kissing pansy?

The problem is, people who are "wubers (wanna be ubers)" are so afraid of what the uber guilds might think that they stick their tails between their legs and wet themselves and back off.
Change your diaper yet? I can see a pool of urine and crap trailing behind you already.

I pay the same ammount as everyone else for this service
Here we go again... Actually, I pay less per month for this game than most of the player base does. Its called pay for more than a month in advance and you get a discount. And its quite noticable if you do the math. (I pay roughly $10.50 or so for the six month prepay trip while you are paying your $13.00)

ANYONE who wants to tell me of my wife that we can't kill a mob, fly to Buffalo and say it to my face, I'll shove this keyboard so far up your ass you'll be shitting keys one at a time for months!
You're sure you have the muscle power to lift something like a keyboard in the first place? Fear the ninja kicking Zelgadis action!

Now that I've had some laughs with quotes...

What's holding you back from getting your wife's epic piece from VS? Obviously there is something. Guilty conscience(don't want to look bad on the server, so you're waiting for someone else to do it for you to take the blame)? Don't think you can pull together a raid force in time before the next guild up in the rotation does? Just do it if you want her to have it so bad.

All in all, why don't you grow a "set" and do it on your own, and don't come complaining about it here. Its utter worthless shit and makes you look weak and afraid, like everything you're saying about everyone else. "Waaaah, there's a rotation, and I think its stupid, but I don't think I can get my wife's epic piece with it in place! Someone take the rotation down so I can run one VS raid for the epic drop! I'm being chained down because of it!"

If you don't think there should be a rotation, or want your wife's epic piece, then take your own advice, kiddo.

Old 02-21-2003, 06:33 AM   #35
coreyoli

Default well....

K, so my post wasn't the most mature I've seen on here, but I am a little peeved.

As for taking my own advice, we have tried, we failed a couple times, and have succeeded a couple times without droping what was needed.

The problem is, getting people together is tough, because no one wants to go against the rotation, it's difficult.

In closing, we have, and will continue to "defy" the rotation, if needed, to get this drop.

Ohh.. And I've done the math, we pay 6 months lso 8)

-Leolin
Old 02-21-2003, 07:58 AM   #36
Reddoak

Zelgadis, go fuck youself...

Knowing you, if they did gather a force to take out VS when
not in the "?" spot, you'd probably be one of the whiny little
bitches to come tattle on them when they did kill him.

What's holding you back from getting your wife's epic piece from VS? Obviously there is something. Guilty conscience(don't want to look bad on the server, so you're waiting for someone else to do it for you to take the blame)?
Anyone who would possibly want to advance to bigger and
better things would never dare try to injure their reputation
over something trivial like these rotations.

As for the rotation... do I think it's an antiquated piece of crap?
Hell yes. However, being a part of a guild that currently abides
by it, I must follow suit as well.

As for this...
You're sure you have the muscle power to lift something like a keyboard in the first place? Fear the ninja kicking Zelgadis action!
I know him in real life, so I can say for certainty he WOULD
kick your ass 6 ways from Sunday.

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to make you look like a
tool once again Zelgadis, have a nice day!

WoW:
-----------------
Nanaki
60 Tauren Shaman
<For Sale By Owner>
Skywall Server
Reddoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:07 AM   #37
Rubenn Zar'shek

I think the rotation helps the little people in the smaller guilds obtain their epics. I'm glad to see it last this long. If people didn't obide by it there would be planed raids and then someone bigger running em over just because they can. People in that situation just need to learn and respect others.

Rubenn Zar'shek
Archon of Affliction
Rubenn Zar'shek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:38 AM   #38
Frekkels

Thumbs down Coreyoli

Coreyoli,

I must say I was absolutely shocked to see such a nasty tempered and immature post from you. :eek:

You must have hidden this seedy underside of your personality extremely well, or maybe I never really knew you in the first place.
Either way, it is obvious you are less of a man than I thought you to be. I thought you were a player with respect for others and personal integrity. Obviously I was mistaken.

Making physical threats on an electronic message board over a game in a virtual fantasy world? /sad

Name calling those who choose to honor a server custom (the rotation) merely because they don't agree with your point of view? I'm disappointed in you.

Your language and perspective from your last two posts don't resemble the person I once knew and enjoyed talking to.

Once again, I'm very surprised at this.
/bye Coreyoli and Colieli

Take care,
Frekkels
Frekkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:48 AM   #39
Zelgadis

you'd probably be one of the whiny little
You make this assumption, but you don't listen to what my fellow guild mates have had to say regarding this sort of situation. I have better things to worry about, not something I have no use for. I just state my opinions about people who complain and bitch about the rotation now.

I know him in real life, so I can say for certainty he WOULD
The big tough man with a whimpy attitude, who is afraid of mice, I see. If he came near me he'd get his neck sliced open with a long sword. /peer Rubenn :eek:

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to make you look like a ...
Right, whatever you say home dawg.

Old 02-21-2003, 09:57 AM   #40
coreyoli

Default hold a sec...

First, I guess you meaning of honorable and mine are different. My meaning of honor would be helping people, which I do EVERY chance I get. My meaning of honor does NOT include dictating what other people can do and when. MY meaning of honor does NOT include stopping people from obtaining epics, or other quests, due to "rotation rules." My meaning of the word honor does NOT include PLAYER made rules. My meaing of the word honor does NOT include ruining someone's reputation because they had the guts to go against the grain and help stop this garbage. My meaning of the word honor DOES include helping people whenever, wherever, whoever, PERIOD!

Yes, I admit that my post was not the most mature, but I have sat back and listened to people spew rules that the "server" has agreed on, and rip people up for going against them. I've sat back and watched MANY people not obtain epics, give up, or quit the game out of frustration of these two mobs. I have watched guilds turn their backs on friends and members because they did not want to break the rotation "rules."

So, I apologize for the way my post was worded, and the immature tone in which I used. But I will NOT apologize for the overall message.

Frekkels, I'm sorry you feal I am not the person you know. I am in fact the EXACT person you knew. Helpful and honorable. I am standing up for EVERYONE (wizzies mostly) who are up against this problem. Personally, if I had no honor, I would turn my back, since this does not affect me in the LEAST, I need NOTHING off either of these mobs. But, I have watched RL friends, my wife, and guildies get screwed repeatidly over this issue, and I finally lost it.

Again, I apologize if you find the post harsh, but that is exactly how I feal.

Reddoak, thank you for your support, I would rather turn this whole post away from the physical portion regarding my keyboard, I like my keyboard and will not be inserting it in anyones orfice.

-Leolin TwisterOfMagic
Bard of 54 Songs
Old 02-21-2003, 10:17 AM   #41
Cerulean

Send a message via ICQ to Cerulean
Epics were never meant to be had by everyone.

If someone quits a game because they were unable to obtain 1 item that is supposed to have a slow/limited drop rate then that person is sad.

The rotations were established so everyone would get a shot and those in the rotation would 'honor' everyone else and not get into unnecessary head-bashing or cutthroat competition - and for the most part, with notable exceptions, it has worked amazingly for almost 2 years.

I don't think you have any perspective. You do not want these mobs to be FFA after all of this. Them being FFA will be a far less 'honor'able situation and lead to much more stress and strife than is really necessary.

Ceru
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 10:20 AM   #42
Zelgadis

Man, Cerulean, you don't know how many rangers go out and post "Fuck this shit, I can't get my Shattered Emerald of Corruption from Hate for my Earthcaller, it just won't drop, I'm quitting this stupid game!!" on the rangers glade.

Old 02-21-2003, 10:27 AM   #43
coreyoli

Default You're missing the point...

Epics are not meant to be easy, correct. Epics are not meant to be had by everyone, correct. Epics are mostly about camping a long spawn, rare drop, etc...

Tt is not a players, or group of players right to dictate who and camp what and when, period. The point is not about epics, hell, it isn't even about VS, I don't care if someone setup a rotation for "a desert madman," in N Ro... The point is it is not your right, nor anyone elses, to make up rules.

The rotation is nothing more than a rule, or set of rules, set forth by players, customers, patrons... Would you walk into a restraurant and setup a rotation for their bathroom? No, because it is the right of ALL patrons or customers to use the bathroom. Could some poor guy with an upset stomach "farm" the bathroom, well yeah, but then the rest of the people need to stand up and say, HEY, I need to take a leak!

VS/Trak are the same way, if people put in as much effort just stopping one farming guild, as they did to this damn rotation there would be NO PROBLEM.

This will be my LAST post on this topic, I have seen this converstaion OVER AND OVER, and nothing ever comes out of it but hatred and tempers... I will continue to help people who need these mobs, regardless of the "rules," if this makes me dishonorable in any way, so be it, if someone seaks my asssitance, I will offer it.

-Leolin TwisterOfMagic
Bard of 54 Songs
Old 02-21-2003, 10:42 AM   #44
Rubenn Zar'shek

Rules are designed to protect and help.

Rubenn Zar'shek
Archon of Affliction
Old 02-21-2003, 11:19 AM   #45
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
That's true..rules are put into place to protect and help..here's a few really great ones

1. In Nevada, it's illegal to ride a Camel on the Interstate
2. In Mississippi there is still a law on the books that states you must not drink beer standing up
3. In Arkansas it is illegal for a man to wear a womans dress on Sunday (think this one may have finally been struck down)
4. In New York it is (or was) Illegal to fart or burp in a public place before 5pm
5. The armed forces only sanction sex with your spouse while in the "Missionary" position

Yeppers...all rules kick ass and serve a wonderful purpose.

for more laughs visit http://www.stupidlaws.com

Trith Coldheart
65 Arch Lich
Officer of Team Evil
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #46
coreyoli

Talking Here's a great rule...

In one of the towns I used to live, back around 7 years ago, the following law is still in the books:

When approaching an intersection on your horse you must fire your rifle in the air and pause (don't remember how long) before proceeding through.

Think it's about time someone looks at those rule books..

-Leolin TwisterOfMagic
Bard of 54 Songs
Old 02-21-2003, 11:29 AM   #47
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Originally posted by Trith
That's true..rules are put into place to protect and help..here's a few really great ones

1. In Nevada, it's illegal to ride a Camel on the Interstate
2. In Mississippi there is still a law on the books that states you must not drink beer standing up
3. In Arkansas it is illegal for a man to wear a womans dress on Sunday (think this one may have finally been struck down)
4. In New York it is (or was) Illegal to fart or burp in a public place before 5pm
5. The armed forces only sanction sex with your spouse while in the "Missionary" position

Yeppers...all rules kick ass and serve a wonderful purpose.

for more laughs visit http://www.stupidlaws.com

Trith Coldheart
65 Arch Lich
Officer of Team Evil
In one of the towns I used to live in (Fallon Nevada) it's illegal for "colored folk" to walk around in public after sunset.. it's still in the lawbooks and hasn't been changed. (colored folk is their term not mine by the way.. )
Old 02-21-2003, 12:25 PM   #48
Rubenn Zar'shek

Trith...that is some funny shit LOL.

Rubenn Zar'shek
Archon of Affliction
Old 02-24-2003, 11:04 AM   #49
jazimine

in north carolina you can hit your wife on the coart house steps on sundays at curtain time , cant use nothing more then 1/4 of an inch think nothing more then 2 inches long
jazimine is offline   Reply With Quote