Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 AM   #26
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Umm... don't you think talking "better shit" is part of the job description?
Umm... don't you see that as something of a PROBLEM? And by success, I mean CEOs are successful at being able to produce something useful, not just a bunch of hot air.
The bottom line is that a country where citizens must pay taxes in order to participate in government is not a democracy.
Well, if the only qualifications in helping to decide how the government is run is that your mother happened to be in that country when she spat you out, perhaps democracy isn't the savior everyone says it is. You see, what's good for the country and what people want don't always coincide. If I have to choose between my "right" to vote and my being able to find a job if I need it, that's a pretty easy choice.
If you like corporate government structures there are a few Latin American governments you would probably feel more comfortable living under... as long as you have the pesos to buy your liberties.
You don't think you're paying for your liberties?

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 AM   #27
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Boy, depends a lot on the CEO. From my point of view, you've got a lot of completely useless CEOs and politicians - and picking one or the other doesn't count for much. Likewise, there have been some great CEOs and some great politicians (Lincoln, Washington, Reagan).
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:35 AM   #28
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I dunno about ya all but don't it seem like lately that a lot of CEOs have come out of the closet so to speak? A lot of them are smart sure....... a lot of them are crooked as you can get, kinda like politicians.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #29
Lurikeen
Freaky

Wildane,

As the saying goes, I don't have a dog in this hunt. What's the point in arguing with you other than to watch words being typed across the screen? You aren't going to convince me that your hair-brained ideas about government are good. See... now you've made me waste perfectly good bits in response to you.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #30
Wildane

Originally Posted by Lurikeen View Post
You aren't going to convince me that your hair-brained ideas about government are good.
Well, of course not. Wouldn't want to upset the status quo, would we?

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #31
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Well, of course not. Wouldn't want to upset the status quo, would we?
Hey, I can't help it that I am a closed minded jerk. It's genetic.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #32
InTenSity

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
The country is failing because of beliefs like this, God isnt going to shine on a society that refused to follow his rules and how dare you tell any Christian they do not have the right to vote for a moral society in their country, we all have the right to vote for the rules and regulations of this country if you dont like it move to a country that has no laws at all........OH wait there isnt any.

You are telling me that I have every right to sleep with 8 year old girls if they consent.
So god is shining on Iran? They are a country run by clerics, their god is just as real as your god to them. So who is right? I lived in Utah for a year and a half, it is as close to a theocratic government as I want to get.
InTenSity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #33
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by InTenSity View Post
So god is shining on Iran? They are a country run by clerics, their god is just as real as your god to them. So who is right?
God and the saints in heaven right now.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #34
Axgar

So god is shining on Iran? They are a country run by clerics, their god is just as real as your god to them. So who is right? I lived in Utah for a year and a half, it is as close to a theocratic government as I want to get.
Not the God I believe in and they are not following their God all that well anyway, they are damn neared like us, unless of course the quaran however the hell you spell it says to murder people which it may......... or to rape and pillage innocent women........... which it may I dunno.

This country started out pretty good became an empire as big as or bigger than any ever in the written history (at least) of the world.......... it was prosperous and God fearing people who TRIED do things according to the bible, now we have kicked the bible out of all of our daily living, there is no more sabbath (some of you may not know that there even was one and it was mandated by the government basically), we have no more God in politics or schools or any where that some asshat may be offended as he kisses his boyfreind but who cares if im offended by that.........
Old 07-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #35
InTenSity

I knew I should have watched the special on the founding fathers and the free masons. IIRC, quite a few of them did not agree with being a religious nation. But I digress and don't feel like doing the research. I think we were on a good path until the Puritans started in with their influence, albeit they had one hell of a work ethic. Oh and just because I don't think a theocracy is a good thing doesn't mean that I don't think we shouldn't be a moral country. Being a moral country does not mean we have to be a religious country. I think you should read more New Testament, and let some of the Old Testament things go. Jesus was much more forgiving, but neo political christians would rather focus on the vengeful old testament god.

Gotta take the puppy out for a walk.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #36
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Careful that he doesn't smite thee with a lawn bomb...
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #37
Axgar

I knew I should have watched the special on the founding fathers and the free masons. IIRC, quite a few of them did not agree with being a religious nation. But I digress and don't feel like doing the research. I think we were on a good path until the Puritans started in with their influence, albeit they had one hell of a work ethic. Oh and just because I don't think a theocracy is a good thing doesn't mean that I don't think we shouldn't be a moral country. Being a moral country does not mean we have to be a religious country. I think you should read more New Testament, and let some of the Old Testament things go. Jesus was much more forgiving, but neo political christians would rather focus on the vengeful old testament god.

I think you should stop picking out what you like and STFU about the bible you dont believe in it so leave it alone.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #38
InTenSity

I think you should stop picking out what you like and STFU about the bible you dont believe in it so leave it alone.
My bad for going the forgiveness route, stick to the sodom and gamorrah stories, they work better for you.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #39
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Sorry, as long as you're going to go around trying to bludgeon people with your storybook you're simply going to have to deal with a little literary criticism now and again.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #40
Wildane

And I think you should stop pretending to be a Christian. You're way too intolerant and judgme......wait, nevermind.