Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Other MMO's

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2000, 04:58 AM   #1
Ogmuk

Default Shadowbane at E3 :D~~~~

New information I like most:

There will be 0 camping. Meaning you cannot camp anywhere to wait for monsters to spawn. Monsters will only spawn when players are not present. This will force players to explore & travel. Monsters won't spawn before your eyes or fall from the sky!

I've noticed Assasins always disappear "after" making a kill

Possible for a level 40 character to level up a newbie in a group

No matter what kind of char or level you are at, it's possible to hurt high level monsters or players. It is not like EQ where something is ten to twelve levels above you and you can't hurt or kill them.

Wolfpack has hordes of PVP experience. They have learned from all the mistakes of other companies and have designed the masterpiece known as Shadowbane.

When someone tries to run from certain warriors, the warrior can execute a special move when his victim turns his back to run. If done at the correct time the special move will inflict a critical amount of damage.

Currently the trebuchet (catapult) can launch anything in game. Ashton told us that they launched a castle which landed on it's side. (lol) They will of course implement certain "object" restrictions.

Warden explained that the trebuchet was controlled as a pet through the siege combat discipline. Different disciplines will offer different pet types. We saw a warrior-type character having a wolf pet.

If you plan to seige a city, you should plan on 24 to 72 hours and come prepared with seige weapons. Guild cities weren't meant to fall everyday, or every other day for that matter.

Joining & resigning from a guild will not be easy. They want to make joining a guild really mean something.

If you kill a newbie you basically give them a free ride back to there respawn point. (they won't lose anything)

Pets in Shadowbane will not be as strong as they are in EQ.

Shadowbane will have the ability to record a movie of your entire playtime, you can turn it on and off at will. To play it back, you use the Shadowbane engine, and in playback, you can move the camera to different angles then it was from the original when it was recorded. Everything seems to be very modular, and looks very awesome! (ala flight simulators and nascar racing)

There will be guild message boards in the guild towns for communication. You can post news, alliances, war, etc. on it so the people can view it whenever is convenient for them.

Warden said that getting to an acceptable level of stopping the constant exp will initially take a month or two. Once people become more familiar with the game, they can twink a newbie from start to that comfortable level in a week. The Wolfpack team is pro-twinking, because they don't want to run a game that's based on the treadmill level-gaining techniques that others use - they want their customers to have fun in player conflict rather then repetitive monster slaying. Two Thumbs Up!

There is a discipline that at least Assassin's can obtain to disguise their identity. He couldn't comment on exactly how it was going to be used, but it is there. He did mention that certainly not everyone would be able to obtain this.

For those underwhelmed by the representation of the Theif or Rogue classes in recent games, you'll have a nice treat when the AVI comes out. You see at least 3 scenes where the "Assasin" fades in and out and its very moving. There is a bit more to it than that. Actually I'm not going to mention the best part, just look for it in the Avi. The AVI should be out this week.

Information from:
home.earthlink.net/~luzia/e3.htm
www.shadowlords.com/

http://www.shadowlords.com/SSFull/screen_charrend.jpg

Can't wait for friggin NOVEMBER (Beta)
Old 05-15-2000, 03:12 PM   #2
Dundridge DweomerDoom

Just HOW cool is Shadowbane anyhow ?

(..and as to beta, which message board did I need to register with in time ? I'm not 100% sure if I made the right board !)

Can you launch people with catapults ? If so, a new kind of warfare will develop. Levitate first...
Old 05-15-2000, 08:00 PM   #3
Ogmuk

You needed to register BEFORE 5th of May here:
boards.stratics.com/cgi-b...anded&sb=5

Nobody knew you'd get in Beta if you'd register there. Nice surprise
Old 05-16-2000, 02:05 AM   #4
Sharasali Shadowsoul

/em drools

Expect to see a red headed female warrioress/magic-user person running around Shadowbane somewhere. And ill recreate my dorf as well With his true name.
Long live Thorak Thaygorsson, King of Delmalfer!
And Long Live Kilana Thaygorsson, Princess of Delmalfer!

/em wonders how that woman can possibly wield a great sword and shield-
/em shrugs-
/em wants to do it

Edit:-Havent checked SB sites in awhile, is it true no small races?
Old 05-16-2000, 02:47 AM   #5
Ogmuk

Dwarves are in SB.
Old 05-16-2000, 04:00 AM   #6
Sharasali Shadowsoul

Yay....

/em is set for entertainment for next couple of years.

/em is glad internet shopping is about
/em doesnt have to leave house now (if i dont wanna) =)

Me gonna go read up on SB again =)

Edit:- Was looking at the pics of SB engine. They only have two rings again? This always annoys me about MMORPGS, since your each hand has four things and a thumb. Which means you can actually wear at least 2-3 rings per hand. Why dont the do that? =(
Old 05-16-2000, 04:41 AM   #7
Gurglespit Fruggybasher

oh yea! this sounds like a GREAT game.. General Gurglespit (some wird creature)basher, half-giant warrior ready to enter battle...
Old 05-16-2000, 05:46 AM   #8
Ogmuk

I was also thinking about half-giant Ogres are "good" creatures :| like they are in most MUDs.

Personally from the start (when i first read about shadowbane) i'd have liked to play a dwarven assassin but since wolfpack doesn't share much information about classes EXCEPT about Assassins, they're now by far the most populair class.

I read that they may split the beta in class-specific beta testing. e.g. monday till wednesday everyone tests a druid. Just rumors still though (Wolfpack haven't decided yet).
Old 05-16-2000, 06:17 AM   #9
Dundridge DweomerDoom

Woohoo !! I did register on the right board in time !
Cya in beta !

..as to rings, the AD&D excuse is having more than one magical ring in close contact to another causes the magics to intefere with each other and cease to function.

Expect the League of Non-Aligned Wizards to be friendly/neutrally aligned in shadowbane as well (Unless you start killing wizards indiscriminantly, when we shall destroy you and everything you stand for )
Old 05-16-2000, 06:42 AM   #10
Sharasali Shadowsoul

I know that about magical rings. But what happens if you want to wear a non-magical ring. For example in EQ, what happens if i want to wear a normal wedding ring with no stats? I cant, because then i miss out on valuable item which would make me more vunrable, for the sake of being different.
I want to wear more than one ring per hand. Even if 4 of them are non-magical.
Old 05-16-2000, 07:05 AM   #11
Ogmuk

I think this looks pretty much like the woman on the pic:
sb.castersrealm.com/scree.../00041.jpg

Sharasila:
About the rings, since it's a PvP game they prefer least slots as possible. Since at death, you'll probably lose your equipment (not all, you'll be able to respawn with a FEW - like 1 or 2 - bound item).

Slots currently available:
sb.castersrealm.com/scree.../00035.jpg

HELM | CLOAK
CHEST | AMULET
RIGHTRING | RIGHTHELD | LEFTHELD | LEFTRING
HANDS | WAIST | BRACERS | FEET

Old 05-16-2000, 07:15 AM   #12
Nallae

Default Re: Ring's N Things

Well then how about toe rings?, Nose rings? and rings attached to other
various parts of the body? and earings? who only wears one in each ear these days (besides your mother)! We should be able to stock up on every ring made if we have enough body parts to attach them to!

Nallae Shadowslayer
51st lvl Cleric of Innoruuk
"I'm not a Vicar! Damnit!"
Old 05-16-2000, 07:49 AM   #13
KetherEM

Default Re: Ring's N Things

ROFL Nallae =) you had the same ideas I had..... oohhh can we get tatts in game too? hehehe ~grins and drools~

Kether the totally insane
Old 05-16-2000, 02:28 PM   #14
Gurglespit Fruggybasher

YEA! like a magical "Prince Albert"
Old 05-17-2000, 02:01 AM   #15
Ogmuk

Cool Dundridge, hope to see you around in November also

You, Kizmet and me so far. And maybe Ablazen also?
Old 05-18-2000, 02:55 PM   #16
Ablazen Holysword

rofl... i remember getting an email from the SB crew a while back saying something along the lines of *beta in march 2000*..was i wrong =) ROFL

Old 05-21-2000, 08:35 PM   #17
Oobog

Default I know what you mean, Shar...

I come from a MUD called Gemstone 3. This game was incredible because of the sole fact of uniqeness. If EQ would allow people to be more unique, it would be a way better game. Personally, im pretty damn tired of seeing all casters with smrs, all druids with bcps,and all warriors with crafted...ect...

I use feedback often, in hopes that one of those GMs might accidently do their homework and read it.
Old 05-24-2000, 09:40 AM   #18
Sharasali Shadowsoul

Default Re: I know what you mean, Shar...

-drools-
give that woman red hair and freckles. change the armor to black annnnnnnd THATS ME!
i prefer to play the same character over and over. i cant help it =)

as for the rings. yeah i can understand that. but i still want more rings.
how about rings in places that cant be removed. (i know thats a little icky, but here me out)
how about there being a special shop, that does body piercings so you have rings in certain parts of the body. for example, nipple rings, pierced eyebrows. that kind of thing.
im not saying going TOO far. but make it so the characters are customizable
Old 06-11-2000, 05:11 AM   #19
Ogmuk

Skelleton ............................................................ ............................. Minotaur
http://sb.stratics.com/sections/intr...5-00/shot2.jpg