Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Other MMO's

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2000, 08:26 AM   #1
Ogmuk

Default My opinion

Shadowbane... Horizons...

Shadowbane definitely has the perfect guild system. No faction standing between races and stuff just guild vs guild, city vs city. There's no evil because you choose an evil race, there's only evil if you PK or roleplay an evil char/guild.

You don't have to join a PC runned guild, there are also NPC runned guilds.

You have special races ala Horizons which will become available once you have enough /played time.

Shadowbane has the best looking screenshots without doubt. *drools over the mino pics*

Horizons has a cool faction standing system. The ability to become KoS to a person, family or KoS to the total race and vice versa, perhaps you're the first of your race to be allowed.

It doesn't look like you'll be able to have a guild with your friends unless they choose the same race or at least not a race who's in war with yours. Thats the only thing that worries me.

Race wars are server side generated. For example, this month humans are in war with dwarves, next month they're in peace.

There are special races like Demons, Dragons, Angels, Devils and Vampires which will only become available when you get lucky. At this point with char generation you have 1 slot for 1 special race, you'll have to throw a dice when you're unlucky (a race you don't like) you can delete it but have to wait a week for another try.

Anyways, both games look to become hella cool. Both games still have to go Beta. Shadowbane is about to go beta, Horizons has another few months to go before beta.
Old 04-16-2000, 06:36 PM   #2
LimpyLionBait

Ooh looks good! ( didn't want Oggie's post to get all lonely here by itself..)

Old 04-16-2000, 09:09 PM   #3
LimpyLionBait

Looks like it's just the two of us Oggie!

I'll make the campfire if you get the marshmellows!

/em gets out his Junior Halfling Lil Badger Camping Kit

:rollin:

/em is dissapointed that there are no wee races or Halflings in Shadowbane
Old 04-17-2000, 01:08 AM   #4
Ogmuk

LoL. Always takes a while for people to find new forums *grins*
Old 04-17-2000, 03:13 AM   #5
Mlar D Kath

My tuppence.

Prefer Horizons since the PvP element is more structured and has some sense to it.You have blood war(?), races that are always KoS to each other,and race wars where PvP is turned on and off,often depending on a storyline.Downside is that it is still a long way from release.

Shadowbane does have the nice guild features,BUT you will still end up with, to me, nonsensical battles where eg Paladins of the same faith fight each other just because they are in a different guild.

Mlar D'Kath
Priest of Innoruuk
Old 04-17-2000, 04:22 AM   #6
Dundridge DweomerDoom

Well, dunno about you guys, but I'll probably eventually end up owning a copy of all of them just to see what they're like. Shadowbane does look like a really nice guild system and pretty nice in general. 'twill be nice to have some more info on all though, heh, Asherons Call only came out in England this week (says he lost somewhere nowhere near where he began, being chased by something big). Anyone want an ultima box+CD with no free month ? As to same faith fighting, opposing guilds normally have opposing viewpoints, and different factions of the same religions always end up having problems. Looking forward to seeing them all anyhow.
Old 04-18-2000, 09:21 AM   #7
Celdor

dunno, i was led into the evil that is evercrack by friends and when they move to other games i will probably try them too.
Old 04-18-2000, 01:24 PM   #8
Dundridge DweomerDoom

Wow, friends that play EQ. Concept. Most people here live in terror of phone bills.
Old 04-25-2000, 03:42 PM   #9
Braun

Horizons is made by the smae people that took 3 years to relaese Demise (a dungeon tromp game that was made multiplayer barely)
Old 04-30-2000, 12:34 AM   #10
KetherEM

Hey Oggie... who has that awesome Return of the Jedi Emperor's Theme song on here? I want one!!! LOL

Kether
Old 04-30-2000, 08:35 AM   #11
KetherEM

Hey I checked out Horizons..... they're saying it's gonna be about a year before its released now even in beta

Kether
Old 04-30-2000, 01:39 PM   #12
Dundridge DweomerDoom

Guilty as charged. I've been waiting weeks for someone to notice.
Old 04-30-2000, 02:59 PM   #13
KetherEM

Sweet Dundrige ;o) Glad I caught ya first hehe
Then again... I am a star wars nut =)

Kether
Old 05-10-2000, 06:38 PM   #14
Jyleal

Default Horizons

A lot has changed in the making of Horizons. Right now you are able to make a 'rare' character, like the ones Ogmuk mentioned above and you wont have to role a dice or anything for it. Yes, evil chars cant group or guild with good chars.. but cmon its a role playing game. The screen shots you see on the AE page are not the final product, they were done using a prototype engine used for investers to see a little of what to expect. Im not sure if you know but HORIZONS world will be 2500 square miles of ground to explore. That is 24x the size of Norrath. There is NO static spawns, and no classes/levels. It is a skill based game. They are currently planning to add some things into the game that have never before been seen in ANY MMORPG to date.

If you want more great and up to date info on Horizons I suggest checking out:

www.HorizonsHaven.com - MGO Network site for Horizons.
www.Artifact-Entertainment.com/Horizons - Horizons Home Page