Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Other MMO's

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2000, 07:56 AM   #1
Serien

Default UO2? Origin gone?

Wow. I was just over at Desslock's RPG site and it seems there are alot of things originally promised that are not going to be included in UO2. Not only that, but EA seems to realigning and merging all their properties. I was sort of looking forward to UO2 because it would be the first second generation game from the same company and I wanted to see what Origin learned from UO. Now it seems EA will just realease another game before it's ready just to make some easy cash. Here's the link if anone is interested.
desslock.gamespot.com/
Old 05-22-2000, 05:59 AM   #2
Dundridge DweomerDoom

Default Re: UO2

Good Grief.

Go to the downloads page on www.uo2.com/ and download the preview video.

It's a zipped quicktime file.

Stop arguing about the filesize, just DO IT.

The motion quality is extraordinary.
Old 08-09-2000, 05:12 AM   #3
Parascol

Yeah I was really impressed with the movie. But it's hard to tell how much of it was actually done using the actual game engine. Look at the eq movie at the beginning of the disc then look at eq the game itself =).

Parascol
Old 08-09-2000, 10:10 AM   #4
Ealan

Interesting article... One thing though... Ugh, futuristic? I hate the fact that everyone feels they HAVE to stray from traditional high fantasy. What is so bad about just plain solid D&D? I was actually considering trying UO2, but I have no interest in a sci-fi / fantasy hybrid game...

It seems to me like Origin is now making a desperate grasp at market share... PVP setup similar to Shadowbane, mixed fantasy sci-fi to try to ward off Anarchy online... Maintain some of the traditional UO storyline to keep the old UOers... It's starting to sound like a mish-mosh to me...