Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Other MMO's > WoW

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Davek
Squawk Box

Default Cataclysm

official release date: Dec 7th, 2010

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I quit a couple of months ago... you can only level so many characters to 80 and not get bored with content.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Martigan View Post
I quit a couple of months ago... you can only level so many characters to 80 and not get bored with content.

That's why I picked up Dragon Age: Origins to hold me over...that and I finally got a kick ass PC to run it.

But yeah, I've been treading water in WoW for the past bit. Will see how the new expansion grabs me.

And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
Misty
Do Not Disturb

I merged my WoW account with battlenet earlier this year, then left my account inactive over the academic year. In the intervening period, I changed isp and took a new email address... now I'm on summer break, so I got a 60 day pre-paid gamecard. But I can't login the battlenet account to update details and add the card code.

On the other hand I bought a 27in. wide-screen monitor, run local television in FHD from external aerial (wall port) to PC-aerial and send that to PC tv-encoder card port (with the option to run cable tv on subscription). Wireless broadband to cable TV in FHD without friggin over a 'set top box' (/em drum fingers) ..hey, its still tv.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:55 AM   #5
Aolynd

Dunno if either of you bothered with Cata, I left the game last summer, recently came back to give CATA a try.

I leveled my Pally up to 85, got geared up, full heroic gear now, raid ready (in fact better geared than most raiders), a new set of pvp gear.

and yesterday I went to battlenet and canceled my account. When the current (first) pay periodf is up, my toon will go back to being dormant again. Cata sucks.

full review:

First, some good: nothing new that I like, but they brought back "more of the same" on some good things. new 5 mans with really nice mechanics, everyone has more abilities so there's less of the old 2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,3,5!...2,2,2 style of play. Flying in old world is nice, and instead of only some mounts having 310 speed, you just buy 310 speed and any mount you have has 310.

But, homogenization is rampant. Whatever class you play, you're not going to excel anymore, it's pretty much the same and getting worse. Tanks vary slightly from each other, but it's no longer a "X rule at single target tanking, but sucks at AOE, while Y rules at AOE but sucks at single target"...pretty much doesn't matter which tank, any tank will do for any encounter...insert tank here. Same for dps, and it's getting that way for healers. More with every hotfix. You need tank, dps, healer...insert such and go.

They said they were bringing back cc...and they did, with harder content and lower gear. Which lasted a whole week until you can get heroic gear. Then most groups stop using cc again. But what a week right!

raids: not even interested anymore. The blizzard definition of dynamic is not mine. ICC was lame enough, they've gone in that direction. Lots of "Dont stand in the fire variants (don't stand in the ice, then dodge the aoe, then the cloud, now the fire, now the ice..." but not allot of actual dynamics. (example: use of cc...variations of tactics depending on which classes you have, split teams, etc).

Basically, it's fitting that Cata takes place in the same zones from vanilla WoW...it's the most vanilla expansion they could think of. Just like vanilla it's not 'bad' as such...just not really interesting and without any real variation.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Davek
Squawk Box

Yeah, I'm of mixed minds on this expansion.

Since I don't do raids and not that big on PUG heroics, there's not a whole lot there for my 4 X 85's. Got their tradeskills maxed and am just doing Tol Barad Dailies on my main for the mounts/pets.

Beyond that, the expansion is aimed at the 1 to 60 crowd. The revamp of the old world is really nice. I've levelled a Troll druid through Kalimdor(Got the Kalimdor Loremaster achievement) just to see the changes...but have kinda lost interest once I hit Outlands. I'll get around to that again someday...just not interested right now. Outlands/Northrend now just seem like obstacles to plow through to get to the Cata zones. Meh, I've done that 6 times already (yeah, I have 2 other chars at 80 that I haven't run through new Cata...4 times is enough for now(and only once through Vash'Jir...that was enough of that)

I plan to run a new toon through the Eastern Kingdoms to see the changes there...again...not right now.

I'll still be playing but just not as intensely as I had been. I'm playing DCUO at the moment for a change of pace and something different than a fantasy MMO.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #7
Misty
Do Not Disturb

I just did BG's and Dungeon Finder until I hit 80, its about 2-3 days to do all the Cata zone quests to Uldum and make 305 in geared points for Cata Heroic (5 man). My hunter is 84 and has like 80k health and crits for around 30k (Item level 311). His basic autoshot would kill a sub 80's+ toon with a single shot, I think. The difference in Hour of Twilight gear at level 85 is greater again Leaping between iLevel 378 - 410 depending on the Normal/Heroic 10 man/25 man tier.

I have some iLvl 403 Conquest vendor stuff on my Rogue.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)

Last edited by Misty; 01-22-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote