Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Default Gay'-rights leader quits homosexuality

How a 'gay rights' leader became straight
Posted: July 3, 2007
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: See the news story about Michael Glatze in today's WND, titled "'Gay'-rights leader quits homosexuality."


http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=56481

By Michael Glatze

Homosexuality came easy to me, because I was already weak.

My mom died when I was 19. My father had died when I was 13. At an early age, I was already confused about who I was and how I felt about others.

My confusion about "desire" and the fact that I noticed I was "attracted" to guys made me put myself into the "gay" category at age 14. At age 20, I came out as gay to everybody else around me.

At age 22, I became an editor of the first magazine aimed at a young, gay male audience. It bordered on pornography in its photographic content, but I figured I could use it as a platform to bigger and better things.

Sure enough, Young Gay America came around. It was meant to fill the void that the other magazine I'd worked for had created – namely, anything not-so-pornographic, aimed at the population of young, gay Americans. Young Gay America took off.

(Column continues below)

Gay people responded happily to Young Gay America. It received awards, recognition, respectability and great honors, including the National Role Model Award from major gay organization Equality Forum – which was given to Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrιtien a year later – and a whole host of appearances in the media, from PBS to the Seattle Times, from MSNBC to the cover story in Time magazine.

I produced, with the help of PBS-affiliates and Equality Forum, the first major documentary film to tackle gay teen suicide, "Jim In Bold," which toured the world and received numerous "best in festival" awards.

Young Gay America created a photo exhibit, full of photographs and stories of gay youth all across the North American continent, which toured Europe, Canada and parts of the United States.

Young Gay America launched YGA Magazine in 2004, to pretend to provide a "virtuous counterpart" to the other newsstand media aimed at gay youth. I say "pretend" because the truth was, YGA was as damaging as anything else out there, just not overtly pornographic, so it was more "respected."

It took me almost 16 years to discover that homosexuality itself is not exactly "virtuous." It was difficult for me to clarify my feelings on the issue, given that my life was so caught up in it.

Homosexuality, delivered to young minds, is by its very nature pornographic. It destroys impressionable minds and confuses their developing sexuality; I did not realize this, however, until I was 30 years old.

YGA Magazine sold out of its first issue in several North American cities. There was extreme support, by all sides, for YGA Magazine; schools, parent groups, libraries, governmental associations, everyone seemed to want it. It tapped right into the zeitgeist of "accepting and promoting" homosexuality, and I was considered a leader. I was asked to speak on the prestigious JFK Jr. Forum at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government in 2005.

It was, after viewing my words on a videotape of that "performance," that I began to seriously doubt what I was doing with my life and influence.

Knowing no one who I could approach with my questions and my doubts, I turned to God; I'd developed a growing relationship with God, thanks to a debilitating bout with intestinal cramps caused by the upset stomach-inducing behaviors I'd been engaged in.

Soon, I began to understand things I'd never known could possibly be real, such as the fact that I was leading a movement of sin and corruption – which is not to sound as though my discovery was based on dogma, because decidedly it was not.

I came to the conclusions on my own.

It became clear to me, as I really thought about it – and really prayed about it – that homosexuality prevents us from finding our true self within. We cannot see the truth when we're blinded by homosexuality.

We believe, under the influence of homosexuality, that lust is not just acceptable, but a virtue. But there is no homosexual "desire" that is apart from lust.

In denial of this fact, I'd fought to erase such truth at all costs, and participated in the various popular ways of taking responsibility out of human hands for challenging the temptations of lust and other behaviors. I was sure – thanks to culture and world leaders – that I was doing the right thing.

Driven to look for truth, because nothing felt right, I looked within. Jesus Christ repeatedly advises us not to trust anybody other than Him. I did what He said, knowing that the Kingdom of God does reside in the heart and mind of every man.

What I discovered – what I learned – about homosexuality was amazing. How I'd first "discovered" homosexual desires back in high school was by noticing that I looked at other guys. How I healed, when it became decidedly clear that I should – or risk hurting more people – is that I paid attention to myself.

Every time I was tempted to lust, I noticed it, caught it, dealt with it. I called it what it was, and then just let it disappear on its own. A huge and vital difference exists between superficial admiration – of yourself, or others – and integral admiration. In loving ourselves fully, we no longer need anything from the "outside" world of lustful desire, recognition from others, or physical satisfaction. Our drives become intrinsic to our very essence, unbridled by neurotic distractions.

Homosexuality allows us to avoid digging deeper, through superficiality and lust-inspired attractions – at least, as long as it remains "accepted" by law. As a result, countless miss out on their truest self, their God-given Christ-self.

Homosexuality, for me, began at age 13 and ended – once I "cut myself off" from outside influences and intensely focused on inner truth – when I discovered the depths of my God-given self at age 30.

God is regarded as an enemy by many in the grip of homosexuality or other lustful behavior, because He reminds them of who and what they truly are meant to be. People caught in the act would rather stay "blissfully ignorant" by silencing truth and those who speak it, through antagonism, condemnation and calling them words like "racist," "insensitive," "evil" and "discriminatory."

Healing from the wounds caused by homosexuality is not easy – there's little obvious support. What support remains is shamed, ridiculed, silenced by rhetoric or made illegal by twisting of laws. I had to sift through my own embarrassment and the disapproving "voices" of all I'd ever known to find it. Part of the homosexual agenda is getting people to stop considering that conversion is even a viable question to be asked, let alone whether or not it works.

In my experience, "coming out" from under the influence of the homosexual mindset was the most liberating, beautiful and astonishing thing I've ever experienced in my entire life.

Lust takes us out of our bodies, "attaching" our psyche onto someone else's physical form. That's why homosexual sex – and all other lust-based sex – is never satisfactory: It's a neurotic process rather than a natural, normal one. Normal is normal – and has been called normal for a reason.

Abnormal means "that which hurts us, hurts normal." Homosexuality takes us out of our normal state, of being perfectly united in all things, and divides us, causing us to forever pine for an outside physical object that we can never possess. Homosexual people – like all people – yearn for the mythical true love, which does actually exist. The problem with homosexuality is that true love only comes when we have nothing preventing us from letting it shine forth from within. We cannot fully be ourselves when our minds are trapped in a cycle and group-mentality of sanctioned, protected and celebrated lust.

God came to me when I was confused and lost, alone, afraid and upset. He told me – through prayer – that I had nothing at all to be afraid of, and that I was home; I just needed to do a little house cleaning in my mind.

I believe that all people, intrinsically, know the truth. I believe that is why Christianity scares people so much. It reminds them of their conscience, which we all possess.

Conscience tells us right from wrong and is a guide by which we can grow and become stronger and freer human beings. Healing from sin and ignorance is always possible, but the first thing anyone must do is get out of the mentalities that divide and conquer humanity.

Sexual truth can be found, provided we're all willing and driven to accept that our culture sanctions behaviors that harm life. Guilt should be no reason to avoid the difficult questions.

Homosexuality took almost 16 years of my life and compromised them with one lie or another, perpetuated through national media targeted at children. In European countries, homosexuality is considered so normal that grade-school children are being provided "gay" children's books as required reading in public schools.
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 AM   #2
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
cont...

Poland, a country all-too familiar with the destruction of its people by outside influences, is bravely attempting to stop the European Union from indoctrinating its children with homosexual propaganda. In response, the European Union has called the prime minister of Poland "repulsive."

I was repulsive for quite some time; I am still dealing with all of my guilt.

As a leader in the "gay rights" movement, I was given the opportunity to address the public many times. If I could take back some of the things I said, I would. Now I know that homosexuality is lust and pornography wrapped into one. I'll never let anybody try to convince me otherwise, no matter how slick their tongues or how sad their story. I have seen it. I know the truth.

God gave us truth for a reason. It exists so we could be ourselves. It exists so we could share that perfect self with the world, to make the perfect world. These are not fanciful schemes or strange ideals – these are the Truth.

Healing from the sins of the world will not happen in an instant; but, it will happen – if we don't pridefully block it. God wins in the end, in case you didn't know.
Very interesting take by someone very close to the gay rights / gay movement / etc.
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
It sounds to me like he wasn't all that committed to homosexuality in the first place, so his 'turnaround' isn't really that surprising. He said himself that he was young and confused and looking for a place to belong. He found that place for a little bit, and then at the age of 30, began to question it. He found a different place to belong, then, that contradicted what he'd been doing before so he changed his ideology yet again.

All that talk about how homosexuality keeps you from discovering your inner self might've been true for him because he was using it to escape reality, but it might not be true for, say, someone who knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's gay, gay, gay.

I'm not in the camp that is sure homosexuality is a biological mandate, but I don't think it's as easy as saying, "Hey, this is wrong! So I'm changing!" I think it's a lot harder than that to change who you love and how you love. If this guy was never truly gay in the first place, turning his back on that lifestyle isn't that big a deal.

On paper, it looks like a big touchdown for the religion crowd, but it's kinda like convincing a guy that never really liked green beans in the first place that he, in fact, doesn't like green beans. Big whoop.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:52 AM   #4
Zelgadis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,693
Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
He'll be back. They always come back!
__________________
Chamzel's Site
PSN Name - Cham-Zel

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #5
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | Ζsφp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | Ζφlο
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #6
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Originally Posted by Brigiid
It sounds to me like he wasn't all that committed to homosexuality in the first place, so his 'turnaround' isn't really that surprising. He said himself that he was young and confused and looking for a place to belong. He found that place for a little bit, and then at the age of 30, began to question it. He found a different place to belong, then, that contradicted what he'd been doing before so he changed his ideology yet again.
You could very well be correct about him changing in the future.. But to say he wasnt committed is obviously wrong. As for his "ideology", he has been to the furthest, most in depth reaches of homosexuality sounds to me.

All that talk about how homosexuality keeps you from discovering your inner self might've been true for him because he was using it to escape reality, but it might not be true for, say, someone who knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's gay, gay, gay.
This man was the poster child, literally, for the pro-gay movement. Everything ever said by him in regard to his homosexuality was endorsed by him. If what you are saying is true, then there is a very likely possibility that many men and women are out there claiming to be gay.. but who truly are not.

I'm not in the camp that is sure homosexuality is a biological mandate, but I don't think it's as easy as saying, "Hey, this is wrong! So I'm changing!" I think it's a lot harder than that to change who you love and how you love. If this guy was never truly gay in the first place, turning his back on that lifestyle isn't that big a deal.
You have missed the point I believe, Brigiid. This was an inner conscious pulling him away from it. This wasnt some preacher thumping him over the head. This wasnt some biological "change" that lead him to start liking women (he never says). Again, he was one of the far most leading activist over the last 10+ years. This isnt Joe Blow who only thought he wanted a gay sexual experience...then later decided "naaa".


On paper, it looks like a big touchdown for the religion crowd, but it's kinda like convincing a guy that never really liked green beans in the first place that he, in fact, doesn't like green beans. Big whoop.
I am not sure what you mean by this. It sounds like you are suggesting that a religious activist / activism constantly lulled and pulled him [back] into "their corner". He even says "Knowing no one who I could approach with my questions and my doubts, I turned to God." and "I came to the conclusions on my own."

He goes on to confirm something I have been saying for years.. but just not put properly. "Lust takes us out of our bodies, "attaching" our psyche onto someone else's physical form. That's why homosexual sex – and all other lust-based sex – is never satisfactory: It's a neurotic process rather than a natural, normal one. Normal is normal – and has been called normal for a reason."
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Dont be gay Sparky!
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #8
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
I know enough gay people to say with confidence that this guy is full of shit. You dont suck another dudes cock because you are confused. You do it because he gives you money. Every one knows that.


Seriously though, this guy sounds like one of those people doesnt care which side of an issue he is on, as long as he is getting paid.

Happy 4th of July all.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #9
kanya
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kanya
i'm kind of curious. he never does say that he is no longer a homosexual exactly. he says that he has found within himself that living a homosexual lifestyle and engaging in homosexual activities are not right or "normal".

does this not sound like the equivalent of a vow of celebacy that people of strong religious conviction (brothers of the church and whatnot) take? that sexual lust, whether it be straight or gay, stands in the way of the truth only god can provide?

i don't think he's really saying anything unusual, profound, or new. only that homosexuals who want to live in the light and truth of god must do so without the distraction of sexual pleasures just like heterosexuals have always had to do to accomplish the same task.

now, if he had said that he is now a heterosexual male because of his convictions, that would be different. he also fails to define what "normal" is, only referring to normal having always been normal. referring to "all other lust-based sex" implies to me any sexual activity for the purpose of pleasure rather than the purpose of pro-creation. does that mean he now believes sex for anything other than breeding is unfulfilling and cause for guilt when looking into the eyes of god?

i have no problem with that if that's what he's saying, but that means far more than just homo- or hetero- sexuality being normal and transcends the issue of homosexuality on it's own. it simply means he has found god and discovered there is no room for sexual pleasure of any sort that interferes with his understanding/communion with god. all the rest of it is just him cleaning out his own closet and could easily have been written by a heterosexual man who is discovering the same thing in defining his relationship with god.
kanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
the second he started tossing around the words SIN and PRAYED. you know hes a convert.


next...
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #11
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Kanya:

You are grasping for straws and twisting it. It is abundantly clear he now rejects homosexuality in whole.

"Homosexuality took almost 16 years of my life and compromised them with one lie or another, perpetuated through national media targeted at children."


You are trying to water this down and make it sound like he may still be gay, but only now a righteous gay that is avoiding lust. That isnt the case and that isnt what he is saying.

Furthermore:

...In my experience, "coming out" from under the influence of the homosexual mindset was the most liberating, beautiful and astonishing thing I've ever experienced in my entire life.

Thats the whole "mindset". The all-encompassing mentality of homosexuality.

And if that isnt clear enough...

... Homosexuality, delivered to young minds, is by its very nature pornographic. It destroys impressionable minds and confuses their developing sexuality; I did not realize this, however, until I was 30 years old.

That is perfectly clear that he is taking about, again, the all-encompassing mentality, lifestyle and influence of homosexuality. What he is speaking about in regard to "lust" is that lust is the origin of homosexuality. That it took him 15 years, and being truthful with himself, to finally see AND admit it.

And again, he has been at the forefront of the homosexual movement for over a decade. This is significant no matter how much ya'll try and down-play it. This boy, at the time when he was a boy, was the example of "natural" teenage homosexuals. I wouldnt be a bit surprised if his name wasnt mentioned by some in here as an example in past discussions as some kind of "evidence" of natural biological homosexuality.

This is as significant as it would be if Bush came out and said "The entire Iraq war was and is wrong. I totally screwed up and should have never invaded Iraq".
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #12
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
So a month before this guy comes out with this opinion some of you all are saying what a good guy he is blah blah blah and talk about how brave he is to come out of the closet blah blah blah......... he NOW after MANY MANY years has a change of beliefs and he is an idiot or whatever.

Brig, your are way off base, you sit here and say this guy was not committed to homosexuality, well if being giving one hundred percent withough NO doubts is being committed in your view then it proves that you have never been and never will be committed to ANYTHING.

Its funny that you say something like him not being totally committed though when you change your stance on certain things from state to state according to THEIR laws, which also baffles me because in most states homosexuality is illegal or at least some of the acts YET you defend a persons right to do so, YOU dear need to start taking direct stances instead of the PC one all the time.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #13
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
So how long has Axgar been poststalking Brigiid anyway? Obviously I don't keep up here like I used to so perhaps I'm behind the times, but it's kind of creepy.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | Ζsφp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | Ζφlο
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #14
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Rheaton
But to say he wasnt committed is obviously wrong.
I think he was confused and saw homosexuality as an answer, and a place to fit in. I think he threw himself into the cause of homosexuality, either because he just needed something to do with his time, or he was trying to validate it to himself - to make it feel normal, like it was his own.

I don't think I'm all that off-base on that. Here's where I'm getting it from:

Originally Posted by the Original Article
Homosexuality came easy to me, because I was already weak.

My mom died when I was 19. My father had died when I was 13. At an early age, I was already confused about who I was and how I felt about others.

My confusion about "desire" and the fact that I noticed I was "attracted" to guys made me put myself into the "gay" category at age 14.
This doesn't sound to me like a person who knows he's different. This sounds to me like a person who's wandering and looking for answers. The fact that he puts quotes around the terms 'desire' and 'attracted' and 'gay' tells me he still doesn't take it all that seriously.

Trust me, I think it'd be interesting as hell to find that people can change their sexual orientation through counselling or whatever, because hey, that's neat. That's something we couldn't do before. But I'm not going to see every conversion as the second coming of Christ, just because you found one article about one guy that was arguably never really gay in the first place, denouncing homosexuality.

Originally Posted by Rheaton
As for his "ideology", he has been to the furthest, most in depth reaches of homosexuality sounds to me.
It sounds like he's published a lot of articles and led a lot of movements and participated in a lot of fundraisers, but any straight person can do that. Half the 'fag hags' of the world are right there championing homosexuality alongside their gay counterparts, but that doesn't make them any more gay than it makes you or me.

You can be a sympathizer without being an actual member.

Originally Posted by Rheaton
This man was the poster child, literally, for the pro-gay movement.
I'm not disputing that.

Originally Posted by Rheaton
If what you are saying is true, then there is a very likely possibility that many men and women are out there claiming to be gay.. but who truly are not.
I think most anything's possible anymore, including that.

Originally Posted by Rheaton
You have missed the point I believe, Brigiid. This was an inner conscious pulling him away from it.
Personally, I think he's still wandering and looking for answers. I think he acted the part of a gay person, without truly being committed to it. Now he's undergone some kind of transformation. Who knows if he really believes that either? For all we know, this is a guy that's just really good at walking the walk, so to speak.

Originally Posted by Rheaton
This wasnt some preacher thumping him over the head.
Never said it was.

Originally Posted by Rheaton
I am not sure what you mean by this. It sounds like you are suggesting that a religious activist / activism constantly lulled and pulled him [back] into "their corner".
I'm saying that it looks like a big coup for the religion crowd to find a guy out there that went from gay to straight, proving that it's a choice and a sin that God can save you from. If this guy can go from gay to straight, then so can other people. They aren't just born that way, they're sinners.

I didn't say (and don't mean) that I think anyone's beating him into saying any of this.

Originally Posted by Rheaton
He goes on to confirm something I have been saying for years.. but just not put properly. "Lust takes us out of our bodies, "attaching" our psyche onto someone else's physical form. That's why homosexual sex – and all other lust-based sex – is never satisfactory: It's a neurotic process rather than a natural, normal one. Normal is normal – and has been called normal for a reason."
What he doesn't clarify in all of his comparisons between homosexual sex and heretosexual sex, is why heterosexual sex is better. For example:

Originally Posted by Article
It took me almost 16 years to discover that homosexuality itself is not exactly "virtuous."
Why is homosexuality not virtuous? I know what the Bible says about it, but is the biblical definition of 'virtuous' the only definition out there?

Why is homosexuality the bad guy here?

Originally Posted by Article
Homosexuality, delivered to young minds, is by its very nature pornographic. It destroys impressionable minds and confuses their developing sexuality;
Doesn't heterosexuality do the same? Is looking at straight porn any better for a 13 year old than looking at gay porn? Or is it OK because they're looking at pictures of 'normal' sex between 'normal' people?

Why is homosexuality the bad guy here?

Originally Posted by Article
It became clear to me, as I really thought about it – and really prayed about it – that homosexuality prevents us from finding our true self within. We cannot see the truth when we're blinded by homosexuality.
Why is that? What is it about homosexuality that is blinding? What if we're truly gay, and we're blinding ourselves by pursuing a heterosexual lifestyle? Wouldn't that be equally blinding?

Why is homosexuality the bad guy here?

Originally Posted by Article
We believe, under the influence of homosexuality, that lust is not just acceptable, but a virtue. But there is no homosexual "desire" that is apart from lust.
Says who? This guy? This guy speaks for all of homosexuality when he says they never experience anything beyond lust? I know a few gay people that would disagree wholeheartedly with that statement.

This guy's definitely got the "I just converted to heteresexuality!" script down pat, but a lot of what he's saying just sounds...empty. He sounds empty. He sounds like a guy that doesn't know what he believes, so he's filling pages with words to describe the guy he wishes he was.

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Axgar
Its funny that you say something like him not being totally committed though when you change your stance on certain things from state to state according to THEIR laws, which also baffles me because in most states homosexuality is illegal or at least some of the acts YET you defend a persons right to do so, YOU dear need to start taking direct stances instead of the PC one all the time.
And YOU dear, need to stop running this tired old insult into the ground, because it holds no water. You can keep saying it till you're blue in the face, but it does not make it true. It just makes you a liar.

Or, maybe you're just 'stating an opinion'.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #15
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
So how long has Axgar been poststalking Brigiid anyway? Obviously I don't keep up here like I used to so perhaps I'm behind the times, but it's kind of creepy.
He's been on my ass since Lurikeen got offended that I grouped him in with Axgar. He got it in his mind that he was being insulted, so I'm his new favorite friend. It's been a few months now.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #16
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
So how long has Axgar been poststalking Brigiid anyway? Obviously I don't keep up here like I used to so perhaps I'm behind the times, but it's kind of creepy.
how long you going to post stalk me?
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #17
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
No it wasnt an opinion, I will outright say this is the way it is, you are a bandwagon jumping PC bitch with no clue, you want EVERYTHING to be your way, you want the laws to change to whatever you think is correct even IF IT IS THE SAME LAW YOU OPPOSED in a different situation.

The fact of the matter is you have no REAL convictions, you run around trying to impress people, while I man not impress anyone (I don't care if I do) my convictions stay the same, I figure that people should be treated the same way, YOU on the other hand feel that anything that you can spit out to make the PC's of the world think you are cool you spit out with NO real conviction just an self absorbed need for a pat on the back by some internet clown. your a worthless whore with no self esteem...... thats not a lie its a fact.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #18
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Axgar
how long you going to post stalk me?
"I know you are but what am I?" tactic ftw?

Back to anger management class sonny, you've got a lot of work left to do.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | Ζsφp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | Ζφlο
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #19
kanya
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 500
Send a message via ICQ to kanya
rheaton, i think you misunderstand me.

i'm not saying that he is homosexual or heterosexual. i'm saying that he is espousing the evils of homosexuality in the same manner that others (and himself in his article) rant regarding the evils of "wanton" heterosexuality.

i'm not trying to "downplay" anything. i have no idea who this guy is and to me WHO he is does not matter as much as the fact that he has come to a clarity of mind that brings him peace and comfort.

he is just now recognizing something about sexuality as a whole, whether it be homo- or hetero-, that religion has been preaching for a long, long, long, LONG time. however, he is recognizing it for himself and not through indoctrination or "bible thumping".

again, i do understand that he is going through a process of cleaning his soul, so to speak, and the fact that he was (or is, since he never actually says he defines himself as straight now) homosexual is going to play a big part in his change in lifestyle. however, i don't think it's any different for him reflecting on what he considers the abnormalities of his lifestyle than for any straight guy doing the same while coming to the realization that his sexuality has been coming between him and god.

the fact that he speaks plainly about living (and acting as) a homosexual lifestyle while not really addressing BEING a homosexual is very significant to me. being something and living as that something are two very different things, and he knows this just as well as you or i. he can still feel that he is gay while recognizing that for him being gay is contrary to his new beliefs. as a result, i think he has denied sexuality:

Every time I was tempted to lust, I noticed it, caught it, dealt with it. I called it what it was, and then just let it disappear on its own. A huge and vital difference exists between superficial admiration – of yourself, or others – and integral admiration. In loving ourselves fully, we no longer need anything from the "outside" world of lustful desire, recognition from others, or physical satisfaction. Our drives become intrinsic to our very essence, unbridled by neurotic distractions.
and
Lust takes us out of our bodies, "attaching" our psyche onto someone else's physical form. That's why homosexual sex – and all other lust-based sex – is never satisfactory: It's a neurotic process rather than a natural, normal one. Normal is normal – and has been called normal for a reason.
he doesn't qualify that as gay lust or straight lust is bad, just lust. which is where i got the idea that he is coming to a larger understanding of sexuality that does not just affect homosexual tendencies. he is speaking from his own experience of homosexuality, but i think he is addressing ALL sexuality in his inner revelation. that any sexual encounter born of lust (we'll stay away from the extremist view that all sex is born of lust) interferes with ones ability to truly know themselves.

for him, lust was inextricably connected to his homosexuality and he now recognizes that...but i think he ALSO recognizes that lust is inextricably connected to heterosexuality. he just has nothing really to speak to regarding that front because he never identified himself as such. he makes passing comments regarding other sex being just as at fault for people being blinded to themselves and to god, but doesn't go into detail. probably because he has always lived the life of the gay poster child (i'm taking your word on that )

i think what he is saying is significant, but i think that he is saying more than what's on the surface of his article. if he stood up and started going on about ALL sexuality, i think it would devalue what he has to say and make it look like he's making excuses or trying to cover up his "abnormal" lifestyle. that he is trying to paint himself as no worse than anyone else out there, and that would not convey the message he wants to get out well because most people would not believe in his words. so he kept it personal and spoke softly between the lines of his greater epiphany regarding sexuality as a whole.

i wouldn't say my point of view on his article takes away any of the value, in fact it probably adds to it significantly. unless all one is TRYING to get from it is that sexuality is a choice, but i think that person is the one missing the bigger picture.
kanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #20
Alinusara
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 965
Originally Posted by Axgar
how long you going to post stalk me?
I tried to post stalk Axgar but after struggling to comprehend his run-on sentences, incomplete thought transitions, his midsentence juxtapositions of belief mingled with sarcasm, I felt he is more suited for posters more capable then myself.
Alinusara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #21
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
I will post stalk any one who shows me their boobs. Guys too if they are perky.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #22
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
"I know you are but what am I?" tactic ftw?

Back to anger management class sonny, you've got a lot of work left to do.
You have to grow up to be a man before you call me sonny, STFU and pay attention to the topic, or is the little internet tramp making you stick up for her?

As far as your concerned Alin, obvioulsly you jump on the I need a friend band wagon also so go ahead enjoy your internet buddies here, see if they come to your defense if they ever disagree with you......... more than likely they will call you a liar.

As far as anger managment, don't need any, Im not out trying to make myself feel important on the internet so I highly doubt I will seek any treatment because a bunch of liberal idiots that like child molestors think I should.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #23
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Now back to the topic at hand.

How can this guy be the pillar of the gay community when he is speaking out for gay rights then he has a change of heart and all of a sudden he don't know shit.......... bit hypocritical isn't it, definately proves the point that some people are not in love with the messanger they JUST want the message that SUITS them.

(oh and do you notice hes not actually speaking out against gay rights here? he just says he now beleives its against Gods wishes, anyway have fun with disagreeing with the new HOMOPHOBIC guy lol I bet that pisses you PC people off that you cant call him Homophobic with any reliability).
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #24
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Axgar
No it wasnt an opinion, I will outright say this is the way it is, you are a bandwagon jumping PC bitch with no clue
Show me ONE bandwagon I've jumped. I'd love to see the misconstrued, misunderstood bullshit you pull out for that one. Chances are, it's shit you misunderstood and had re-explained to you at least a few times before you gave up on trying to understand and moved on to jelly donut insults.

But seriously, let's see what you've got. You've brought this up time and time again and I've asked you for examples and you still haven't produced anything. So pony up the evidence, bitch.

Originally Posted by Axgar
you want EVERYTHING to be your way, you want the laws to change to whatever you think is correct even IF IT IS THE SAME LAW YOU OPPOSED in a different situation.
Again, give me an example. Show me where I've done this. I want a quote and a link.

Oh, and that accusation is especially cute coming from someone that thinks he ought to try to get his version of morality turned into law so that everyone has to value the same things he values. Right.

Originally Posted by Axgar
The fact of the matter is you have no REAL convictions
It really doesn't matter how many times I say I think something's right or wrong, you aren't going to fucking get it. You have the most godawful case of situational amnesia I think I've ever encountered. You can't remember shit to save your life. Do you have to wear a helmet when you go outside to play? Jesus Christ.

Originally Posted by Axgar
you run around trying to impress people
I'm really just amused as fuck at this one. Who do you think I'm trying to impress? What PC people? On these boards? I can't think of a single person on here that I consider 'PC people'. Can you name even one?

Am I trying to impress people beyond these boards? Is there some sort of giant secret PC consortium out there that's reading these boards anonymously, that I'm trying to buddy up to?

Who exactly am I trying to impress?

Originally Posted by Axgar
while I man not impress anyone (I don't care if I do) my convictions stay the same
Yeah, they stay the same. Pretty much everyone is wrong. Gay people? Wrong. Black people? Wrong. Indian people? Wrong. Child molesters? Wrong. People who don't like Jesus? Wrong. Anybody but Axgar? Wrong. You might be a dumb, hateful fuck, but at least you're consistent. I'll give you that.

Originally Posted by Axgar
I figure that people should be treated the same way
The problem is that you can't tell the difference in one situation and the next. You consistently compare apples to oranges. It's like you don't even understand what's being talked about, but you've gotta spew a few accusations and tell a few lies just to make sure you're part of the conversation.

Originally Posted by Axgar
you spit out with NO real conviction just an self absorbed need for a pat on the back by some internet clown.
LOL, I couldn't give a rat's ass if nobody agreed with me or patted me on the back. Recognize that stance? It's the one you just used. So I guess it's possible to post on the internet without it being all about me.

Unless, of course, you're admitting that the only reason you post on the internet is to get a pat on the back. What more noble cause are you here for?

Originally Posted by Axgar
your a worthless whore with no self esteem...... thats not a lie its a fact.
No, it's a fucking lie, and you're a fucking liar. You keep spinning whatever lies you need to to make yourself feel cool, but I'm not going to be distracted by the fact that it's still a fucking lie. You might fall for that shit in your alcohol drenched little world, but out here in reality, most people aren't so oblivious.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #25
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Axgar
Now back to the topic at hand.

How can this guy be the pillar of the gay community when he is speaking out for gay rights then he has a change of heart and all of a sudden he don't know shit.......... bit hypocritical isn't it, definately proves the point that some people are not in love with the messanger they JUST want the message that SUITS them.

(oh and do you notice hes not actually speaking out against gay rights here? he just says he now beleives its against Gods wishes, anyway have fun with disagreeing with the new HOMOPHOBIC guy lol I bet that pisses you PC people off that you cant call him Homophobic with any reliability).
Who are you talking to, here? This is the first thread in which I've posted that had anything to do with this guy.

And what's with the fixation on PC? Did you learn a new word? Are you collecting royalties for using it as often as you can? Do you even underfuckingstand how to properly apply it to a real live conversation involving real people?
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.