Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 03:57 AM   #226
Heretic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,762
Originally Posted by axgar
yea I know that parents can sign off at 16 for their kids to get married and thats kind of silly but if they so choose to do so then it again is none of my business.
I would have no problem raising the marriage age to, i don't know, lets sa 30. :P
__________________
bg85 on another forum:
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:02 AM   #227
Heretic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,762
Originally Posted by axgar
I would hope most girls wait untill at least 16 AND have it responsibly with someone in their own AGE bracket
I concur with the 16 part, but why do you want them so badly to not have sex with an older person? Sex is sex. What makes it irresponsible or not is the maturity level of those involved, which is independent of age.
__________________
bg85 on another forum:
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:40 AM   #228
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Axgar
Also, you ask what age is appropriate for having sex.... I don't know and I don't care where it starts
Then why do you care about 16 year olds having sex with 40 year old men? If age doesn't matter, why do you keep referring to the 40 year old man as a dirty old man or pervert, or say he's taking advantage of a child? And why do you brand everyone that doesn't have a major problem with that a 'child molester sympathizer'?

Originally Posted by Axgar
I just think that a man in bumfucked Egypt shouldnt be marrying 16 year old girls while another man in another state is doing prison time for the same actions......
So a 40 year old man marrying a 16 year old is OK as long as all 40 year old men are able to marry all 16 year olds? Does that mean they're all dirty old men and perverts? Does that mean all of the 16 year olds are being taken advantage of?

I'm sorry, but through all of your ranting and raving about how unfair things are, it really just looks like you're pissed that you can't have sex with a 16 year old without it being illegal, while a guy in another state can do it without getting in trouble. The rest of your argument is fairly inconsistent and riddled with double standards.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #229
Tuan00Dorf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,224
Originally Posted by Axgar
MY beef it this, a man in one state WILL go to jail yet a man in a different state WON't, I feel that a man doing it in say Fla, is NO different than a man doing it in Maine......
I agree with you on that.
__________________
Tuan {Cupcakes} the Vicar
Tuan00Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #230
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Tuan00Dorf
I agree with you on that.
Standards are different in different areas. In some places, usually more rural, it's more likely for younger people to marry. In more urban areas, people marry later. In India, it's traditional for very young people to be married.

They think you should go to jail for eating burgers.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #231
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,629
Originally Posted by Drysdale
In India, it's traditional for very young people to be married.

They think you should go to jail for eating burgers.
Actually, burgers are very popular in India. It's just that they're made from lamb, not beef.

One of the hotels I stayed had "100% American Lamburger" on the menu, and the waiter didn't understand why I thought it was funny. Usually they just call it a "hamburger" and don't mention that it's made from lamb unless you ask.

While some resturants there claim to serve beef, I'd be very leery of ordering it. There have been a few times when I've traveled with folks who have tried it (it's always their first time in India, and they ignore the advice), and they're usually very unhappy with it. Not in a food poisoning sort of way, just in a "this is really bad beef" sort of way.
__________________
Fafner Wabbitslayer, Retired Shaman of Reviction, Erollisi Marr/Morell Thule
"This story shall the good man teach his son;...
From this day to the ending of the world,"
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #232
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by FafnerMorell
Actually, burgers are very popular in India. It's just that they're made from lamb, not beef.

One of the hotels I stayed had "100% American Lamburger" on the menu, and the waiter didn't understand why I thought it was funny. Usually they just call it a "hamburger" and don't mention that it's made from lamb unless you ask.

While some resturants there claim to serve beef, I'd be very leery of ordering it. There have been a few times when I've traveled with folks who have tried it (it's always their first time in India, and they ignore the advice), and they're usually very unhappy with it. Not in a food poisoning sort of way, just in a "this is really bad beef" sort of way.
Yes, and Lamb is pretty damn yummy... But my point stands. Not everyone has the same standards, and trying to force people into changing their standards to suit yourself isn't exactly what I'd call freedom.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #233
Everclear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 6,910
I can understand dislike of the inconsistency in laws. Regardless of the age, it seems strange that government would punish based on geography, rather than on merit of actions. I suppose that is the nature of having State's rights. Honestly, I think there needs to be a cap on punishment, if it is a state issue, because there really is no legal justification of radically different positions, based solely on geography.

IMO it is one thing to allow states some discretion, but it is irresponsible of the fed to allow radically different laws to exist in the same country. I do believe it does undermine the national goal of equality. Yes, you can argue that all people in one state are treated equally... but they are not treated equally among states, creating geographic inequality that is rather substantial. I think there needs to be some guidelines that states can work within to give some coherence to policies.
__________________
Once is an anomoly, twice is a statistic, three times is the imminent takeover of the Devil. -Kulani
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #234
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Brig you and your fucking KLAN are idiots.......... this started with me saying I wanted uniform laws................. fuck you are a fucking dumbass.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:40 AM   #235
Heretic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,762
Originally Posted by fafner
While some resturants there claim to serve beef, I'd be very leery of ordering it. There have been a few times when I've traveled with folks who have tried it (it's always their first time in India, and they ignore the advice), and they're usually very unhappy with it. Not in a food poisoning sort of way, just in a "this is really bad beef" sort of way.
Probably the only kind they serve is the cows that were diseased and died or was a mercy killing, lol.
__________________
bg85 on another forum:
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #236
Ice Weasel X
Banned User
 
Ice Weasel X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,799
Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Originally Posted by Axgar
Brig you and your fucking KLAN are idiots.......... this started with me saying I wanted uniform laws................. fuck you are a fucking dumbass.
Klan? So you're pulling the racism card again? On what grounds? Dumbass drunk.
__________________
SMS Text Responder - Convenience and Safety for any Android phone, ad-free.
If you have any questions that aren't answered by the app description, feel free to ask. I have no financial stake in it, but I am the primary tester.
Ice Weasel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #237
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Axgar
fuck you are a fucking dumbass
Why's that? Because I expect you to explain yourself? Because I expect you to make sense? Because I expect you to rub your remaining braincells together and produce an argument that isn't riddled with inconsistencies? Because I expect you to tell the truth?

What exactly is it that makes me a 'fucking dumbass'?

Oh, still waiting on that proof, BTW.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #238
Fenlayen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Felwithe
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by Axgar
................. fuck you are a fucking dumbass.
Strange that Brigiid can punctuate a sentence correctly yet you seem to be having issues with it.

Oh wait I might not have used enough periods for your liking....................

That better ?
__________________
Fenlayen Gnomehater
Raging Fury
AB
Fenlayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #239
Virtdeth
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 42
Forgive me folks, but I have to wonder. If Axgar is such a dumb ass, if he is such a retarded person, then why would anyone see him as being a great object of comedy or laughter? Shouldn't we feel sorry for him rather than kick him? I wonder, what does it say about those who like to kick him even when he is clearly an idiot? Interesting.
Virtdeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:59 AM   #240
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Brigiid
Why's that? Because I expect you to explain yourself? Because I expect you to make sense? Because I expect you to rub your remaining braincells together and produce an argument that isn't riddled with inconsistencies? Because I expect you to tell the truth?

What exactly is it that makes me a 'fucking dumbass'?

Oh, still waiting on that proof, BTW.
The fact that your and your ass kissing following think that a man in one state that does something is worse than a man in another state PROVES your a dumbass, more than likely half the guys on your side are predators and the other half are doing their sisters.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:59 AM   #241
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Ice Weasel X
Klan? So you're pulling the racism card again? On what grounds? Dumbass drunk.
I may drink but I have more fucking brains than you will ever have you meth snorting child molesting idiot. pretty simple.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:03 AM   #242
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Heretic
I concur with the 16 part, but why do you want them so badly to not have sex with an older person? Sex is sex. What makes it irresponsible or not is the maturity level of those involved, which is independent of age.
It started out being I want the states to be somewhat equal for the crimes......... Brig is and her followers have made it into a "you cant force states to do anything conversation" while they protect predators.

I guess I try to make it so our kids can't be taken advantage of and they say who cares as long as it's legal, I say things should be more equal state to state and they say who cares........ Brig especially only cares about ONE thing and thats HERSELF.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:40 AM   #243
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Virtdeth
Forgive me folks, but I have to wonder. If Axgar is such a dumb ass, if he is such a retarded person, then why would anyone see him as being a great object of comedy or laughter?
You know, probably 80% of my job (law enforcement) is helping people unfuck the situations they've fucked themselves into. I can handle idiots.

I pick on Axgar not because he's a dumbass, but because he's a beligerant dumbass that keeps telling everyone else what dumbasses they are. If he was just stupid off in his own little kiddie pool that'd be one thing, but he insists on peeing in the big pool, so he can get treated like one of the big kids.

Originally Posted by Virtdeth
I wonder, what does it say about those who like to kick him even when he is clearly an idiot? Interesting.
Is this the part where I'm supposed to take a second to think about what I'm doing, and feel shame or remorse for my behavior?

I'll get right on that.

Originally Posted by Axgar
The fact that your and your ass kissing following think that a man in one state that does something is worse than a man in another state PROVES your a dumbass
How many times do we need to tell you that we aren't commenting on his moral fiber, only on what's legal? I haven't said that one person is better than the other, only that one is breaking the law and one isn't.

Before you call someone a dumbass, you might try making sure you actually understand what they're saying.

Originally Posted by Axgar
more than likely half the guys on your side are predators and the other half are doing their sisters
...
you meth snorting child molesting idiot. pretty simple
Do you ever get tired of lobbing these substandard insults at people?

Originally Posted by Axgar
I may drink but I have more fucking brains than you will ever have
Having them and using them are two different things. I think I speak for everyone here when I say it'd be pretty damn refreshing if you started using yours.

Originally Posted by Axgar
Brig is and her followers have made it into a "you cant force states to do anything conversation"
You're talking about states having to be uniform. They have the power now to choose to be uniform, but they obviously choose not to. I asked you how you think uniformity is going to happen if they don't volunteer, and so far, you haven't provided any answers.

The conversation about forcing states to comply has to happen at some point. It's a natural progression in this argument. We aren't just trying to trick or pick on you.

Originally Posted by Axgar
while they protect predators
In what way are we protecting predators?

Originally Posted by Axgar
I guess I try to make it so our kids can't be taken advantage of
No, you're trying to force your own version of morality on the rest of us. You said yourself that you don't know or don't care what age is appropriate for kids to start legally having sex. You've just got this vague notion of right and wrong and don't seem to care about the specifics.

I've asked you any number of questions about how these laws should be written and how they should be carried out, and all you seem to care about is insulting me and anyone that agrees with me.

Originally Posted by Axgar
I say things should be more equal state to state
You just said you were trying to keep our kids from being taken advantage of, but uniformity won't necessarily accomplish that. Uniformity is moreso about keeping 'predators' on a level playing field. The uniform age of consent could be set at 16 nationwide. It'd be uniform, but it'd still let 'perverts' have sex with 'children'.

You get your shorts in a knot anytime someone says anything about 16 year olds, though you say you don't know or don't care what age is appropriate. Yeah, you're looking out for the children, though.

Originally Posted by Axgar
and they say who cares as long as it's legal
Really? Who said that?

Originally Posted by Axgar
Brig especially only cares about ONE thing and thats HERSELF
Of course I only care about myself. That's why I'm talking about protecting states' rights for states that I don't live in, because I'm just a selfish bitch. And you're trying to force everyone to live by your moral code even when you admit that you don't know or don't care about the specifics, because you're what...generous?
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 AM   #244
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Virtdeth
Forgive me folks, but I have to wonder. If Axgar is such a dumb ass, if he is such a retarded person, then why would anyone see him as being a great object of comedy or laughter? Shouldn't we feel sorry for him rather than kick him? I wonder, what does it say about those who like to kick him even when he is clearly an idiot? Interesting.
It says we're human.

Oh, and welcome to the internet. I think this message board thing will really catch on.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #245
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Actually, I think Axgar would rather people kick him in the face directly than slip 3 fingers in to his ass while appearing to defend him.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 AM   #246
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,629
Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1
Actually, I think Axgar would rather people kick him in the face directly than slip 3 fingers in to his ass...
Only Davek's German Sheperd knows from experience...
__________________
Fafner Wabbitslayer, Retired Shaman of Reviction, Erollisi Marr/Morell Thule
"This story shall the good man teach his son;...
From this day to the ending of the world,"
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #247
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Axgar
Brig you and your fucking KLAN are idiots.......... this started with me saying I wanted uniform laws................. fuck you are a fucking dumbass.
And you are the running joke of the Steam Vent, you twit.
Originally Posted by Virtdeth
Forgive me folks, but I have to wonder. If Axgar is such a dumb ass, if he is such a retarded person, then why would anyone see him as being a great object of comedy or laughter? Shouldn't we feel sorry for him rather than kick him? I wonder, what does it say about those who like to kick him even when he is clearly an idiot? Interesting.
It says that he gets treated just like he treats everyone else, idiot or no. I try to abide by the golden rule with people, but when someone who consistently abuses people, they deserve what they get. You clearly do not have much, if any, experience dealing with the local sot, so why don't you save your righteous judgments until you do, k?
Originally Posted by Axgar
It started out being I want the states to be somewhat equal for the crimes
No, it started out with you attacking Brigiid regarding what you saw as her "riding the fence" on certain subjects, so don't get all self-righteous (like you normally do when you stick your foot in your mouth).
Originally Posted by Axgar
I guess I try to make it so our kids can't be taken advantage of and they say who cares as long as it's legal
Yes, your motives have been so altruistic the entire time.
Originally Posted by Axgar
I say things should be more equal state to state and they say who cares
No, you say one thing and then lie about what other people are saying.
Originally Posted by Axgar
Do you ever get tired of lobbing these substandard insults at people?
Those are the only kind he knows.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #248
Davek
Squawk Box
 
Davek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ini is the wind beneath my wings.
Posts: 7,987
Originally Posted by FafnerMorell
Only Davek's German Sheperd knows from experience...
Please people...remember that Shep belongs to Ini. Shep is just on loan to me....but Ini never seems to want him back whenever I try to return him....(might be that Ini doesn't like the condition of Shep at that time).
__________________
Davek Bonemender ~ Guild Leader of Sunrunners ~
~ Retired with 8 years of service ~
~ Semi-unretired 2012 ~

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #249
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Davek
Please people...remember that Shep belongs to Ini. Shep is just on loan to me....but Ini never seems to want him back whenever I try to return him....(might be that Ini doesn't like the condition of Shep at that time).
You ARE tough on your "toys."

Look at Bumbleroot... One night with you and he can barely piece a logical sentence together...
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #250
Davek
Squawk Box
 
Davek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ini is the wind beneath my wings.
Posts: 7,987
Originally Posted by Drysdale
You ARE tough on your "toys."

Look at Bumbleroot... One night with you and he can barely piece a logical sentence together...
Don't look at me...he was like that when I got him.
__________________
Davek Bonemender ~ Guild Leader of Sunrunners ~
~ Retired with 8 years of service ~
~ Semi-unretired 2012 ~

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.