Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:09 AM   #201
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Everclear
Also.. don't forget that in Romeo and Juliet, she was like what? 12? Something really young. Does that make Shakespear a pedophile? Society's views on ages change over time. I am not saying that I am comfortable with the idea of 12 year olds getting it on... but let's face it, it's not like it has never happened... even in American history girls got married young. They probably still do in places like Kentucky.
I knew a girl who was a gypsy... She was sold to her 3rd cousin (excuse me... He gave a "bride price") at 15 and married off to the guy.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:27 AM   #202
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
My grandmother (Alabama) was married at 14. She's in her 70's now and still married to the same guy. One of my great grandmothers was married and had a baby at the age of 12. She went on to have 10 more kids, and stayed married to the same man until she died in her 90's.

Society tells us that 18 is the magical age at which we become adults, and a lot of people build their thinking around that - separating children from adults based on a number. The reality is that people mature at different rates, and sometimes there isn't a lot of difference between an 18 year old, a 15 year old, or a 12 year old. We heap more responsibility on them the older they get, but that doesn't mean they're any more or less ready for it than the guy next to them.

That's one reason I guess I don't have a huge problem with states that allow 15 and 16 year olds to have sex or get married. We aren't necessarily talking about a huge gap in maturity or 'readiness' for sex or marriage. Much before that, and I'd say they probably aren't physically or emotionally mature enough to understand what they're doing, so they can't really consent to it.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:28 AM   #203
Shylodog
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Originally Posted by Heretic
Why wouldn't you have legal recourse if she was MOLESTED? You know, there is a difference between molest/rape and consentual sex.
You're absolutely right. I let Axgar suck me into his delusional state. Sorry.

What I meant to say was that When she turns 16, even though I do not agree she is old enough to have sex, I would have no recourse if she had consentual sex. I mentally made the distinction that at 11 years old there's no way of comprehension, let alone consent.

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #204
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Shylodog
You're absolutely right. I let Axgar suck me into his delusional state. Sorry.

What I meant to say was that When she turns 16, even though I do not agree she is old enough to have sex, I would have no recourse if she had consentual sex. I mentally made the distinction that at 11 years old there's no way of comprehension, let alone consent.
As her guardian, you could ground her...
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-12-2007, 07:48 AM   #205
Shylodog
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Very true. But in the long run, what would that do?

I saw how my sister and father quit talking for the better part of 10 years because he did exactly that. She went and became an emancipated adult, and my father missed out on some very important times in her life.

They're ok now, but those are years they can never get back.

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #206
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

What?! Take responsibility? Nah, much easier to complain about the nanny state not doing enough. Why, just today, I saw some fat people holding hands and it was really gross - what if they have sex? Even grosser! We need to make national laws against anything that might offend me.

And then we can deal with those pesky Indians once and for all...hahaha!
(For the sarcasm impaired, yes, I'm kidding. However, I fully expect Axgar to launch a rant on how I hate fat Indians).
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #207
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Ice Weasel X
How old do you think a girl should be to have sex with a 40 year old... hmm... no, let's say... 41, almost 42 year old man?
rofl

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #208
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by FafnerMorell
Why, just today, I saw some fat people holding hands and it was really gross - what if they have sex? Even grosser!
You're just upset that you weren't invited to their 10-some.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #209
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Davek
You're just upset that you weren't invited to their 10-some.
Dude, that was just Roseanne and Rosie... It just LOOKED like a 10-some...
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #210
Everclear

I think it's hard for Ax to imagine a way of thinking that is flexible. His thinking seems to be rigid, requiring absolutes... uncertainty seems to scare him. This is a mindset similiar to fundamentalists, who require that everything be in black and white, so that they don't have to think... thinking requires ability and confidence.. many of those followers are timid sheep looking for something outside of them to give them strength and purpose.

I am not specifically criticizing you, Ax., so much as a mentality tht I think get societies into trouble. I believe that mentality is responsible for many ills, and is a continuing barrier to many changes that would be for the better, imo.

I am no saying that I disagree with you about 14 year olds... that seems to be inappropriate in today's culture, but don't confuse our social etiquettes with absolute moral rights and wrongs. If it was absolutely wrong for a 14 year old now, then it would be wrong for those youngerp eople in third world countries, and wrong for romeo and Juliet... and I think it's clear that isn't the case.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #211
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Im flexible in a lot of things EC just not when it comes to child safety, its up to us as a society to protect them, and a lot of times to protect them from themselves....... if this makes me bad so be it, and Im not talking about the 21 year old with the 16 year old, I can live with that BUT what I was talking about is us ALL living by the same rules...... (I realize that this cant be exact but it surely could be more fair so that an 18 year old isnt doing 10 years while a 41 year old just gets married and has great sex with young women......I dont know why anyone would disagree with that but I guess to each their own).
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #212
Drysdale
RSS Feed

I dunno Ev... look what it got Romeo & Juliet!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #213
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Axgar
while a 41 year old just gets married and has great sex with young women......
Great sex? You need older women for that!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #214
Veo

I'm convinced women don't know what good sex really is, otherwise why would they have so many magazines that tell them what they think good sex should be.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #215
Tuan00Dorf

I realize that this cant be exact
Which is when you want a law to answer your question "at what age do you think it's appropriate for people to start having sex?", it's not easy. So why do you keep asking for specific ages? It's not that simple.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #216
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
while a 41 year old just gets married and has great sex with young women......
So once we bring your age into it, the lower number is suddenly gone and they're just "young women," huh?

And why does it matter if it's great sex? Are you saying great sex and horrible sex should hold different levels of acceptability?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #217
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Originally Posted by Ice Weasel X
And why does it matter if it's great sex? Are you saying great sex and horrible sex should hold different levels of acceptability?
Well, maybe horrible sex is it's own punishment...I suppose if things go horribly, horribly wrong, it could be!
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #218
Veo

Sex is like pizza; Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #219
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I figured you'd say there was plenty of wet stuff and not enough pepperoni, but then that'd just be awkward.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #220
Axgar

Originally Posted by Tuan00Dorf
Which is when you want a law to answer your question "at what age do you think it's appropriate for people to start having sex?", it's not easy. So why do you keep asking for specific ages? It's not that simple.
So are you ok with a 40 year old man having sex with your teenage daughter?

Hell why not just pull all sexual predator laws off the book I mean who says 10 year olds don't enjoy sex? where does it stop?

Also, you ask what age is appropriate for having sex.... I don't know and I don't care where it starts I just think that a man in bumfucked Egypt shouldnt be marrying 16 year old girls while another man in another state is doing prison time for the same actions......

Once again your prove how big an idiot you are Ice...... age was a factor in it from the get go, I could care less how many fucking adult women are fucking 120 year old men or vice versa.......... age IS THE ONLY FACTOR IN IT YOU MORON everything else I could care less about, how they do it, where they do it, when they do it I really don't care.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #221
Tuan00Dorf

Also, you ask what age is appropriate for having sex.... I don't know and I don't care where it starts
It sounds like you are the one that doesn't care what age is appropriate for having sex.
Do you actually read what you write?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #222
Tuan00Dorf

I'm not sure how my previous post got you to ask this, but I'll answer it.

No, I wouldn't be ok with it. However, I don't think there should be a law against it. If I had a teenage daughter I would do something called parenting and it wouldn't happen. And if it did, it doesn't mean the guy should go to jail.. it means there is something f'd up with my kid and I screwed up.

Laws that use arbitrary ages to say it's "ok" or "not ok" for something like sex (and alcohol) are ridiculous.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #223
Axgar

I'm not sure how my previous post got you to ask this, but I'll answer it.

No, I wouldn't be ok with it. However, I don't think there should be a law against it. If I had a teenage daughter I would do something called parenting and it wouldn't happen. And if it did, it doesn't mean the guy should go to jail.. it means there is something f'd up with my kid and I screwed up.

Laws that use arbitrary ages to say it's "ok" or "not ok" for something like sex (and alcohol) are ridiculous.

Thats fine Tuan, I won't disagree with your train of thought here IF you dont feel the guy should go to jail thats up to you, MY beef it this, a man in one state WILL go to jail yet a man in a different state WON't, I feel that a man doing it in say Fla, is NO different than a man doing it in Maine...... I don't think person should put a young girl in this positiong but it does happen and more power to them if they are happy........ I dont agree with it but if its not my kid it's not my business, my arguement is based soley on the laws treating everyone equal so that a 18 year old make isn't considered a sexual predator for doing a girl under 18 while a 41 year old is a "stud" for doing a girl of the same age in another state......

It really don't matter because in ND the law states 18 is the legal age of consent........ yea I know that parents can sign off at 16 for their kids to get married and thats kind of silly but if they so choose to do so then it again is none of my business. (and quite frankly if ND were to change our laws to be more uniform with other states I really wouldnt mind..... it's all about treating people equal).
Old 07-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #224
Axgar

It sounds like you are the one that doesn't care what age is appropriate for having sex.
Do you actually read what you write?
Its not up to me to decide when people have sex....... I would hope most girls wait untill at least 16 AND have it responsibly with someone in their own AGE bracket....(my whole arguement once again though is that a guy in one state shouldn't do 10 years for what a guy in another state gets an atta boy for).
Old 07-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #225
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
I just think that a man in bumfucked Egypt shouldnt be marrying 16 year old girls
Originally Posted by Axgar's golden POST 130!!!
in ND I am happy with the laws
Remember, we've already provided more than sufficient evidence that 16 year olds are allowed to marry in North Dakota.

Originally Posted by the local drunk
Once again your prove how big an idiot you are Ice......
No, my (ha!) really didn't.

Originally Posted by Beer Boner
age was a factor in it from the get go, I could care less how many fucking adult women are fucking 120 year old men or vice versa.......... age IS THE ONLY FACTOR IN IT YOU MORON
See, it's retorts like this that make us laugh at you because everyone else is shooting comments way over your soused old noggin. You don't even understand what I meant with that little jab, while I'm pretty sure most of the others reading did immediately. Don't even try to claim you understood, because you wouldn't have responded as you did if that were true. See, the whole point of that was your age. No, not the general age of any old man getting into some young girl's bloody panties. Your age. Axgar's age. The reason I mentioned it should be quite obvious. Hell, a Canadian laughed.

Originally Posted by Dances with Kegs
everything else I could care less about, how they do it, where they do it, when they do it I really don't care.
Then you really shouldn't've referred to it as "great sex," as that detracts from your argument. If anything, it makes you sound bitter than you can't get any borderline legal ass.