Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
AjTaliesen

Default not news

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/prof_busted_in_columbia_gal_punch_JmsXQ3NzaAt8uG6uUySGTN#ixz z0WaeRSdPq

A prominent Columbia architecture professor punched a female university employee in the face at a Harlem bar during a heated argument about race relations, cops said yesterday.

Police busted Lionel McIntyre, 59, for assault yesterday after his bruised victim, Camille Davis, filed charges.

McIntyre and Davis, who works as a production manager in the school's theater department, are both regulars at Toast, a popular university bar on Broadway and 125th Street, sources said.

The professor, who is black, had been engaged in a fiery discussion about "white privilege" with Davis, who is white, and another male regular, who is also white, Friday night at 10:30 when fists started flying, patrons said.

McIntyre, who is known as "Mac" at the bar, shoved Davis, and when the other patron and a bar employee tried to break it up, the prof slugged Davis in the face, witnesses said.

"The punch was so loud, the kitchen workers in the back heard it over all the noise," bar back Richie Velez, 28, told The Post. "I was on my way over when he punched Camille and she fell on top of me."
This was a couple of days ago. Haven't heard anything about it anywhere else.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
InTenSity

There was a 15 year old doused in rubbing alcohol by 4 or 5 other kids all aged 13 to 16 and then set on fire. Haven't heard much about that nationally either.

6 weeks later they just took the breathing tube out of his mouth.
InTenSity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #3
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by InTenSity View Post
There was a 15 year old doused in rubbing alcohol by 4 or 5 other kids all aged 13 to 16 and then set on fire. Haven't heard much about that nationally either.

6 weeks later they just took the breathing tube out of his mouth.

Tell the 15 year old that if he were black or homosexual he'd be a national hero now. As is...just give him his bill.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
AjTaliesen

Also front page today: Bush gave a speech today at a private college where he wasn't supportive of Obama. He didn't mention Obama by name, but actually disagreed with some of the policies and he did it ::gasp:: Out Loud! It's true! Other people even heard it!

It's not news anymore unless its going to further the personal agenda of the news organization. Fox, NYT, all of them. Fucking worthless. Time for Bumbles to show up and yammer about how wrong it is to get news from the internet.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:37 AM   #5
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Hey, you left out the truly urgent stories of the week - Lou Dobbs leaving CNN and the Carrie Prejean/Larry King interview. If it's not the media trying to convince folks that the media is still relevant because, well, it's all about the media, it's not worth airing.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
InTenSity

Originally Posted by AjTaliesen View Post
Tell the 15 year old that if he were black or homosexual he'd be a national hero now. As is...just give him his bill.
Actually, locally it is a big story, and I think there have been enough donations to cover his medical bills and then some. He was set on fire because he reported to the police that one of the kids stole his dad's bike. And the bike was stolen because he didn't pay one of the kids $40 for a video game. So all of it is really because of $40 freakin bucks.

I believe there were 2 black kids, and 3 white kids that set the white kid on fire. And a Cuban that called 911 and saved the boys life.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
AjTaliesen

Am I wrong in thinking that the only reason it even became a big enough story to cover his medical bills is because a video game was involved? Basketball shoes would be good enough as well.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
InTenSity

Am I wrong in thinking that the only reason it even became a big enough story to cover his medical bills is because a video game was involved? Basketball shoes would be good enough as well.
You aren't wrong to be that cynical, because I'm that cynical, but 65% of his body has 3rd degree burns. I was just as cynical until I read the story, you have Miami-Dade officers saying this is one of the worst things they have ever seen. They have seen a lot.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by InTenSity View Post
You aren't wrong to be that cynical, because I'm that cynical, but 65% of his body has 3rd degree burns. I was just as cynical until I read the story, you have Miami-Dade officers saying this is one of the worst things they have ever seen. They have seen a lot.
Don't misunderstand. I'm disgusted by this and even more disgusted that there wasn't so much as a page 30 mention of it in any of the three news sources I regularly check. I got told about Taylor Swift being this years Ms Pretty, about Bush talking to some kids at a methodist school, and about the South Park parody of Glen Beck, but when a kid getting set on fire isn't even worth mentioning...then it seems I'm not the only one around who is a bit cynical.

And I can almost guarantee that somewhere in New York or DC, in a news room a reporter mentioned it to his editor or producer he was asked "was he gay or black?" When the answer was "no" the response was "put it in the maybe column...if there's room at the end. Maybe after the dancing parakeet segment"
Old 11-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
InTenSity

Don't misunderstand. I'm disgusted by this and even more disgusted that there wasn't so much as a page 30 mention of it in any of the three news sources I regularly check. I got told about Taylor Swift being this years Ms Pretty, about Bush talking to some kids at a methodist school, and about the South Park parody of Glen Beck, but when a kid getting set on fire isn't even worth mentioning...then it seems I'm not the only one around who is a bit cynical.

And I can almost guarantee that somewhere in New York or DC, in a news room a reporter mentioned it to his editor or producer he was asked "was he gay or black?" When the answer was "no" the response was "put it in the maybe column...if there's room at the end. Maybe after the dancing parakeet segment"
To be fair, this happened in August or early September. There may have been a mention of it briefly back then.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #11
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I do remember hearing about this somewhere, but I don't know where. It was probably on the radio (AM).
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote