Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
ShardmoonVer.1

Default Whats up in the (Ft) Hood

7 dead and 30 wounded, no real details. Any one with any better info?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
Drysdale
RSS Feed

I have a friend who's stationed there. One of our mutual friends spoke with him. Nobody really knows much of anything at the moment.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Update:

12 dead, 31 injured.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801...me_and_courts/
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
furo

I've been in that theater on FT Hood many times where the shooting occured. Scary stuff.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
Lurikeen
Freaky

I wouldn't doubt that a terrorist cell is behind this and we may find out Al Qaeda has struck again. Of course, that is just speculation.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Chiteng
Supporter

It is caused by tolerating the existence of a culture that allows fanatics to use violence.
Especially in the name of some religion.

My solution would be to NOT tolerate such cultures.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Chiteng View Post
It is caused by tolerating the existence of a culture that allows fanatics to use violence.
Especially in the name of some religion.

My solution would be to NOT tolerate such cultures.
You mean like the culture you come from?
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Lurikeen
Freaky

Default Psycho Psychiatrist Goes Nuts

Originally Posted by AP
FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) -- An Army psychiatrist set to be shipped overseas opened fire at the Fort Hood Army post Thursday, authorities said, a rampage that killed 12 people and left 31 wounded in the worst mass shooting ever at a military base in the United States.

The gunman, first said to have been killed, was wounded but alive and in stable condition under military guard, said Lt. Gen. Bob Cone at Fort Hood. "I would say his death is not imminent," Cone said. Col. Ben Danner said the suspect was shot at least four times.

The man was identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a 39-year-old, eight-year veteran from Virginia. (source)
Old 11-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #9
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
You mean like the culture you come from?
The Muslim Culture is violent Drys........ stereotypical or not it is hard not to come to this conclusion, now if the just went out and had fist fights Id say oh well things happen but it seems you see them always going out and killing MASSES of people at a time, not just one person whom wronged them.

This man is an American, im not saying that all middle eastern people are violent BUT look at the young lady in Arizona MURDERED by her own father because she was to westernized.......... now I dunno maybe this happens with "Christian" families too but I never hear of it and as LIBERAL as our newpapers are in this country I will assume that it would be BIG news.

That all being said I think it is also a bit assinine to say ALL Muslims are guilty of being murderers I am sure like with Christianity there are different denominations (if you will) of the religion, some of which frown on episodes like this.

You also see so called Christians going out and bombing abortion centers.........

Shit i better shut up or Im going to talk myself into thinking the whole damn world is crazy.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #10
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
The Muslim Culture is violent Drys........ stereotypical or not it is hard not to come to this conclusion, now if the just went out and had fist fights Id say oh well things happen but it seems you see them always going out and killing MASSES of people at a time, not just one person whom wronged them.

This man is an American, im not saying that all middle eastern people are violent BUT look at the young lady in Arizona MURDERED by her own father because she was to westernized.......... now I dunno maybe this happens with "Christian" families too but I never hear of it and as LIBERAL as our newpapers are in this country I will assume that it would be BIG news.

That all being said I think it is also a bit assinine to say ALL Muslims are guilty of being murderers I am sure like with Christianity there are different denominations (if you will) of the religion, some of which frown on episodes like this.

You also see so called Christians going out and bombing abortion centers.........

Shit i better shut up or Im going to talk myself into thinking the whole damn world is crazy.
20 odd years ago, in Killeen TX, the town next to Ft Hood, Gorge Hennard murdered 23 people and wounded another 20 in a Luby's.

Maybe we should ban white people from the military too.

That's why I disagree with Chit's argument. He was probably in school cheering internment camps as well...
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #11
Davek
Squawk Box

Aww but speculation is always fun! He was a terrorist. It's cus he was supposedly muslim. He listened to Michael Jackson!!

Bah, you'll only know whatever "truth" your 3 lettered agencies will let you know.

Hey...is that a black helico.....*BOOM*

----

Seriously though, I feel for those who are suffering. Frothing and jumping to all conclusions makes for internet entertainment.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #12
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
Bah, you'll only know whatever "truth" your 3 lettered agencies will let you know.
You mean like the PCO and CSE? Yeah, we all have them.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #13
Axgar

I didnt say we should ban anyone from the military, hell put all the homos in that want to go let the heteros stay home from war and keep the population base up..... put all the convicts in and if they make it home alive and follow the laws of the country they can be free............

But it seem you all want a muslim world here, well if their fucking world is working so great why are they coming here? fucking ours up to along with a few other things.

argue with me drys about the dad in Arizona who killed his child.......... because she was to westernized? WHAT THE FUCK OVER, he moved her here if he didnt want her westernized and his fucking way was so great why did he come here?

This muslim in Tx should have been booted of base long ago but politically correct people made that impossible so they had warning signs and untill now couldnt do shit about it.....only cost 12 lives so far not bad.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #14
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
I didnt say we should ban anyone from the military, hell put all the homos in that want to go let the heteros stay home from war and keep the population base up..... put all the convicts in and if they make it home alive and follow the laws of the country they can be free............

But it seem you all want a muslim world here, well if their fucking world is working so great why are they coming here? fucking ours up to along with a few other things.

argue with me drys about the dad in Arizona who killed his child.......... because she was to westernized? WHAT THE FUCK OVER, he moved her here if he didnt want her westernized and his fucking way was so great why did he come here?

This muslim in Tx should have been booted of base long ago but politically correct people made that impossible so they had warning signs and untill now couldnt do shit about it.....only cost 12 lives so far not bad.
No he should have never been allowed into the USA to begin with. Or if born here, his parents should never have been
allowed in. Quite simple really. And when the next massacre happens, just remember that it is people like Drysdale
that allow that shit to happen. Too busy taking cheap shots at other posters, than to actually do something about
the problem.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 11-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #15
Davek
Squawk Box

Too busy taking cheap shots at other posters, than to actually do something about
the problem.
Please, remind us again what exactly you're doing "about the problem"?

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #16
Michael Cumberlan

Obviously, posting on the interweb ...
Michael Cumberlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #17
Chiteng
Supporter

Actively advocating the exclusion of ALL Muslims from the USA. As in DONT COME HERE
for ANY purpose

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 11-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #18
Lurikeen
Freaky

Actively advocating the exclusion of ALL Muslims from the USA. As in DONT COME HERE
for ANY purpose
Does it matter if they are Canadian Muslims?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
Drysdale
RSS Feed

for ANY purpose
I think if we didn't tolerate idiotic childish bigots who hate brown people, we'd get a lot farther.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
Drysdale
RSS Feed

No he should have never been allowed into the USA to begin with. Or if born here, his parents should never have been
allowed in. Quite simple really. And when the next massacre happens, just remember that it is people like Drysdale
that allow that shit to happen. Too busy taking cheap shots at other posters, than to actually do something about
the problem.
Yes, you're a bastion of the American Way...

Except that you're a practicing Communist.

Fuck off, toad.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #21
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Lurikeen View Post
Does it matter if they are Canadian Muslims?
No religion that says you can kill people who are not members of the same religion.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 11-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #22
Lurikeen
Freaky

No religion that says you can kill people who are not members of the same religion.
But Canadian Muslims don't want to kill anyone. They're Canadian after all.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #23
Chiteng
Supporter

Yes I am sure

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 11-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #24
Drysdale
RSS Feed

But they're BROWN! That means Chit wants to see them dead! No exceptions!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #25
Axgar

Drys enjoy them fucks killing you and yours frudk them asshat ragheads fuck all you symathtic retards. this has pissed me off kill all the brown fucking murderers idiots like you will let this keep happening/

YOU call the family of the dead people tough guy put your gun you probably cant use worth a shit in their face and sayyyy ALLLLAH rules this guy had a right to live FUCK YOU i hope its your whore you gonna marry that gets killed by one next asshole i hope you are happyt this happened .

I cant belive you could care so little about the REAL victims.