Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2005, 07:32 AM   #1
Rheaton

Default So as the world draws to a close...

Do you have all your business in order?

Over the last 10-15 years we have seen a plethora of problems hit his. From an enormous rise in mental health problems, un-curable diseases continuing to spread, new diseases emerging (SARS, bird flu, etc.), and natural disasters on the rise (tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes).. and last, but not least.. war!

Maybe the news is doing a better job of reporting (and reporting on the details) so that we get a sense of overwhelm.. but doesnt it all seem on the rise to you? Below are a few quotes, links and whatnot about it..

2000 - LONDON (Reuters) -- Climate change is already increasing the frequency and intensity of natural disasters, and the trend is likely to continue according to a report released on Friday by the World Wide Fund for Nature.

The report, "Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events," said global temperatures would increase, sea levels would rise, and few places in the world would be spared an increase in violent rainstorms, droughts, tropical cyclones and other climatic disruptions
link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BBC - 2004
Natural disasters 'on the rise'

Hurricanes are hitting bigger towns and cities
More and more people are being caught up in a growing number of natural disasters, a UN agency said on Friday.
The International Strategy for Disaster Reduction said the increase in numbers vulnerable to natural shocks was due partly to global warming.

It said 254 million people were affected by natural hazards last year - nearly three times as many as in 1990.
link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

S&E Canada 2003

Last year, the world experienced approximately 700 natural disasters—50 more than the annual average during the 1990s. The magnitude of the events that occurred and recent trends lend weight to the fact that such incidents are growing not only in number, but also in sizelink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMO, these are only going to get worse..and worse. How bad will it have to be before we wake up? Do you not consider it bad now? Do we escape moral responsibility by blaming these events on the theory of Global Warming?

The sad thing about this is that, according to the bible, people will not repent but will curse God for these disasters, etc.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9

Last edited by Rheaton; 09-21-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Kick back and enjoy the ride?

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:39 AM   #3
zzapp the witch

I like God. He's a good guy. And there's a difference in placing blame and acknowledging who's doing what. Am I going to burn in Hell for eternity? Probably, but at least my kids will be ok.
zzapp the witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:46 AM   #4
Rheaton

So your kids dont live with you..or is the a unique case of a hell-bound soul raising saints?

Sorry.. didnt really want to turn this into a religious debate...and NOT A "global warming" debate (for the love of God, please!).. but just to speculate whether or not we are really seeing an increase in natural disasters, if it will continue to ge wors, how bad and for how long?
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
Old 09-21-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
crimsonedge

Warming and cooling trends go in cycles, hurricanes numbers and intensities go in cycles. We are at the begining of an up cycle...so what? The last 20-30 years has been a down cycle, go back to the 50s and 60s and you will see it was similar to now. Also, note that the population worldwide is growing and the cities are bigger than the were therefore more damage more deaths, no surprise. The world is ending shit is getting out of hand in my opinion.

I guess my feeling is if you want to bitch and moan and wring your hands just go ahead and kill yourself now since you figure you are gonna die anyway. At least the rest of us wont have to listen to you bitch and moan.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:52 AM   #6
Rheaton

Originally Posted by crimsonedge
The world is ending shit is getting out of hand in my opinion.
That may be an accurate picture of the here and now, but how much is too much and how much will it take to get your attention that "it is REALLY BAD EVERYWHERE!"..?

Ok.. just speculation here. Katrina and Rita (and who knows what its gonna do). Lets say that right behind Rite is another REALLY BAD one... followed by major earthquakes in Japan and California. And maybe, just maybe... a huge volcano erupts somewhere on earth.

No, all that shit has never happened at once in any human recorded history.

Dont be scared.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:57 AM   #7
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
It will get worse, especially the wars on top of all that.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:57 AM   #8
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Perhaps Zzapp's point is that her kids won't burn in Hell for eternity (I'm guessing cause they're young and innocent, etc).

Of course, the whole reasoning in your posts so far has been, to put it politely, a bit suspect from the standpoint of orthodox Christian theology (although fire-n-brimstone preachers still resort to it when their rating drop).

The vengeful God who killed the wicked via floods, etc went out with the old Testament (try reading up on that Jesus guy - he's a bit more mellow - not that into that "punish children for the sins of their father").

If nothing else, we should be safe from global flooding:
Originally Posted by Genesis 9:8-13 (New International Version)
8 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: 9 "I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you 10 and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. 11 I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."
12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #9
Ini
Indestructible

He destroys the world by fire, not flood this time around.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:03 AM   #10
Rheaton

Excellent point! God promised he would never again destroy the earth with water!

...but did give mention to destroying it, or purifying it rather, with fire in the future.

EDIT: Ini beat me to it! lol!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:19 AM   #11
Arka Brisereves

THE END OF THE WORLD !! THE END OF THE WORLD !! *shake his metallic mog filled with whisky* REPENT ! SINNERS !

/yawn.
Arka Brisereves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:27 AM   #12
Rheaton

Interesting article here..written in July and posted in early Aug.

The Lightning of the Lord
By: Timothy Snodgrass - July 31, 2005

Posted: 08/01/05

As we approach the first phase of Israel’s scheduled withdrawal from covenant land promised to her by God, I have very serious concerns for America, especially in light of recent prophetic warnings received pertaining to some serious judgments and cataclysmic wake up calls during the latter half of 2005 if we continue on our current path. August appears to be a crucial month in interceding for America, continuing through Rosh Hashanah (early October), up until the anniversary of the 9.3 Sumatra quake on December 26. I personally believe that by 12/26/05, a line will have been drawn in the sand, and by 2006 America will begin to reap the harvest of what she has sown into God’s covenant land of Israel. There is still time to change the course we have taken in endorsing the creation of a Palestinian terrorist state within the biblical borders of territories promised to Abraham as an eternal inheritance, but our time is short.

In my last report, I published a vision received on 6/14/05 of the Lord standing above California, having a look of grave concern on his face, and the number ‘8’ was impressed upon my mind. This vision was immediately followed by large quakes in California and Alaska (7.0 and 6.8). Data received from this vision (highlighting ‘8’) and other prophetic words dealing with seismic judgments in California, Alaska and the U.S. West Coast, seem to indicate not only the magnitude of a potential quake this year if we continue on our current course, but also a specific time frame in which we need to be on high alert and in a time of focused prayer.

It is not by coincidence that ‘8’ is also the month Israel is scheduled to enter into the first phase of abandoning the covenant land restored to her in 1967 under U.S. pressure. Between now and the anniversary of the Great Sumatra quake on December 26, I believe that a line will be drawn in the sand – if wake up calls continue during this period of time, it indicates that little or no progress has been made.

But if wake up calls cease in the immediate months ahead, it is an indication that something positive has transpired behind the scenes, which although may not be apparent on the surface, will be brought to light in God’s perfect timing. Do not be too quick to judge President Bush, but pray for him according to the pattern in Psalm 21; bless him, and do not curse him, for there is still time to amend the situation and begin laying the foundations to reverse oversights and miscalculations in the ‘Roadmap’, and bless the Palestinian people without rewarding terrorism with a Palestinian State within sovereign Israeli land. The borders of Israel have been laid by God, not man, and anyone who touches those borders – including Jerusalem and the Temple Mount – will have to answer to God himself.

The lightning of God is poised to strike America, and the moment of decision has come. Which way will we turn by the end of the year? Will the lightning of God strike our enemies because we have blessed Israel, or will the lightning of God strike America in judgment, making our land tremble at the terrible presence of the Lord? Need multitudes perish in a great quake before we finally get the message? The time of decision is now at hand!

Maranatha!

http://prophecyandcurrentevents.com/...y/up080105.htm
Old 09-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #13
aganitte

Rheaton, did you get a nasty little sermon from your wacky fundamentalist pastor this weekend? Come on, fess up, we know you want to share.

From an enormous rise in mental health problems,
As opposed to those healthy days of the third reich, the sacking of imperial rome, atilla the hun and the ming dynasty, where everyone had mild cases of anxiety disorders, right?

, un-curable diseases continuing to spread, new diseases emerging (SARS, bird flu, etc.),
As opposed to the black death, etc. How about the fact that good ole malaria kills more people each year than any 'uncureable disease spreading'.

And lastly, as for your end of times weather events, there are some that attribute it to global warming, but a few hurricanes here and there isn't exactly a statistical anomaly.

Now, go be a good little fundy kiddo, buy 30 more cases of .306 ammo, 2344 more cans of spam, and lock yourself up in the bunker. Now, don't come out till circa 2070 please. There's a rash of liberalism out there that's contagious.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
aganitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:39 AM   #14
Rheaton

Oohh.. here is another from Oct. 04

Here is the latest from Susan Ciummings:

Rooted and Grounded In Him

For the last few days, I have sensed a grieving of the Lord in my spirit. The sense of sadness and of disappointment follow me whatever I do throughout the day. I have waited till the Lord chose to show me why He has been brooding and what was on His Heart. The following is the result of that waiting.....

The time that I have given to My People to draw close to Me has ended. I repeatedly called, and cried out to them to come to Me. I gave time and more time, for them to fully turn back to Me and to allow Me to cleanse and heal them. But how many heard Me and actually came? Why My Children haven’t came to Me? Why have they chosen to walk in darkness instead of My Light and Love?

I gave time for them to repent, and to turn from their wickedness and their sins. I gave them much, for My Grace is available to all, but they trampled on My Grace and turned away from Me. The time that I gave them was not used for preparation, but for their rebellion. I warned of the time closing and none even bothered to look and see if it was indeed too late.

Now the time has come and gone. I showed My Prophets the New Day that they have now entered. I made them cry out and warn the people of their choices, and the reaping of those choices. But, did any listen to My Prophets? Did any humble themselves or despise their sins? No, they cast aside My prophets and told them to be silent, and discredited them.

I gave time for My Prophets to warn and to be that witness but few heard the decrees or even listened to the alarms. They only went further into their dark caves of security. But their security is not IN Me, and it will fall upon them. For I will shake the foundations of the earth and even the caves will not protect them.

I allowed even more warnings to come, as nature responded to My Hand, and travailed to birth forth in the earth. Nature has travailed and waited to see My Sons birthed forth into the earth. It has longed for the day of deliverance from the bondage of sin. But even then, men did not repent and seek Me for the days ahead. The time that I have given has been wasted, and not appreciated as My Grace. Men do not want Grace, they want darkness, so now that is what they will receive. I will no longer warn, but now I will roar. Nature will also roar, by My decree as it responds to Me.

I have called out through prophets, apostles, pastors, preachers, teachers, men, women, and children. But who heeded My Voice? All who were truly from Me, were discounted and pushed to the side, or many of them were corrupted and made into the harlot, just as the people who loved the darkness were. No more will my Voices be corrupted or silenced! I will be heard, and all men will give an account!

I am a Just, Loving God. I have been calling to My People over the generations, seeking for those who would love Me, and walk fully with Me, and who would walk Holy in the earth. There has been a remnant in each generation. Now, at the end, I find none who see what I am doing, and who can stand fully in it. So, I am revealing it to My Prophets, the ones who I now will raise up, who will be faithful with My Word. Who will not let one of My Words fall to the ground.

I am raising up the final voice in the earth, that will cry out in the destruction, and speak froth the Truth. For I warned men of this hour of My Justice, but few failed to believe that I would judge My Own. Few know that as a loving Father, I chasten those who are Mine, and who are in sin. I love My People, and I will have a Holy People. I have begun the cleansing of My House.

I have warned and will no longer warn anymore. They have had the final warning and now comes the reaping. I have begged My Own to be found In Me, to come to Me, and sit with Me, and learn of Me, and be changed into My Likeness. Those who refused will now be purged. Those who now refuse the purging will be separated with the chaff and the goats forever. I will not be mocked!

Men will have what they want. If they choose their own way, they will go fully into it, and be wholly given over to it. If they choose Me, then I will embrace them and bring them into My arms. There is no other choice. No longer will, I allow uncleanness to be called by My Name, or to rule over My People. In My House, I am the Lord, and there will be no other.

Those found rooted and grounded IN Me, in this hour, will be sheltered from the waves and the purging that will scourge this land. For though the waves beat upon My House, it will surely stand, and all found IN Me, will stand with Me till the end.

The waves have begun. Waves of fire and blood have been decreed and have begun their march across this land. No man will be able to hide, for all will give an account and choose whom they will serve. The trumpets have sounded and the decrees have been uttered and the release has begun. The destroyer now passes over the lands.

Those found rooted and grounded In Me will not fear nor flee. They have chosen to be hidden In Me. And this thing will I not deny them, for they fully embraced Me. My Glory is what they will see. For they did not love their lives more than Me. It is to them that I will show My Mercy.

-Susan Cummings
10-21-04
7:30 pm
http://prophecyandcurrentevents.com/...y/up102404.htm
Old 09-21-2005, 09:07 AM   #15
Davek
Squawk Box

There's too much bull shit in the Olde Testiment.

I prefer to believe that the aliens are letting us wipe the Earth so they can replenish it with some other species. It's our time to go.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #16
FafnerMorell

Somehow, I gotta believe this is all the fault of gay penguins in New York.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #17
Drysdale
RSS Feed

FORMERLY gay
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #18
Tuan00Dorf

Talk about paranoia. The world environment has gone through massive changes for billions of years. What, do you think that just because humans have advanced to our current level and we are in a comfortable environment the changes are going to magically stop for us?

It makes a lot more sense if you stop to realize the Earth does not revolve around us.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 AM   #19
FafnerMorell

Sorry Drysdale, 6 of the 7 same-sex penguin couples are still together. This would indicate that 13 of the 14 gay penguins are still gay (I'm using gay to refer to potentially lesbian penguins since the article doesn't make it clear) - and as any student of apocalypticism will tell you, when you've got exactly 13 gay penguins running around New York, it's worse than if the Four Horseman hit Vegas.

Not to mention the Scrappy, the female penguin, is the Whore of Babylon.

The only hope for mankind is if Silo goes back to being gay (thus making for 14 gay pengiuns) or if some of the other gay penguins convert.

I don't know about you, but I'm frantically IMing Bush and Condi to send truckloads of female penguins to the zoo before it's too late.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #20
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Originally Posted by Tuan00Dorf
Talk about paranoia. The world environment has gone through massive changes for billions of years. What, do you think that just because humans have advanced to our current level and we are in a comfortable environment the changes are going to magically stop for us?

It makes a lot more sense if you stop to realize the Earth does not revolve around us.
First you people tell me that the Earth isn't flat and now you tell me that it wasn't created just for Humans to have a place to destroy!? there goes my faith.. /cry
Old 09-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #21
Foust Farseer

2012 baby, 2012.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #22
Tuan00Dorf

Originally Posted by Gurglespit
First you people tell me that the Earth isn't flat and now you tell me that it wasn't created just for Humans to have a place to destroy!? there goes my faith.. /cry
Oh Gurgly don't read my satanic rantings! You can still believe the world is flat, the Earth was created only for us, and Michael Jackson is black.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #23
Everclear

Speaking as someone who is right in Rita's path, I have to say... Get over it. Doom and gloom is soooo 1999, that went out with them millenium. Now it's all about corruption and partisan bickering, get with it.
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:15 PM   #24
Ini
Indestructible

MICHAEL JACKSON IS BLACK!! Well shit. There goes the fucking neighborhood.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #25
Zaniel

I suggest reading the New Testament instead of the Old Testament Rheaton. At least there's pretty much only one gory scene about nailing a guy to a tree, beats the non-stop death-o-rama train wreck that is the Old Testament any day.

Then again it's kinda like watching the nightly news to see how many murders were committed today, or rubbernecking at a highway accident hoping to see some carnage.

Is it some sort of "If God punishes me then at least I know he's out there which is better than not knowing and I can feel important because I attracted his attention"?