Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Raiders' Get-Together

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
LornuseK

Default Its official

RZ downed by PU raid at approx. 8pm est. Led by Deshane. More details to follow.
LornuseK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 05:01 PM   #2
Kyanion

Send a message via ICQ to Kyanion Send a message via AIM to Kyanion Send a message via Yahoo to Kyanion
I personally would not call it a pick up raid. Take into consideration a tank with time/GoD gear, People that have done the raid multiple times and know the tactics. People were select invited to the raid. I phrase it more along the lines of "The PU raid Deshane and DG led and his select people, and the 50 people that just got to tag along." I really do not see it as a true pickup raid, because you didn't have the factors involved, like a tank that was in BoT drops tanking, lol.

Either way, it is a great accomplishment, just not as impressive as a true pu raid doing it.
Kyanion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 05:07 PM   #3
gonades

Send a message via AIM to gonades
Bleh, always going to be someone saying it was something it wasn't
Old 06-20-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
Kyanion

Send a message via ICQ to Kyanion Send a message via AIM to Kyanion Send a message via Yahoo to Kyanion
Default duh

Of course, because it wasn't.

Im sorry, this was not the same as someone yelling PU RZ raid forming, and the usual format. It was pre-picked who got in early. And they had an elite tank doing the work. how is that the typical raid?
Kyanion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 05:18 PM   #5
Luky

M<aybe not typical - but smart
Old 06-20-2004, 05:20 PM   #6
Rocadom

Default Grats to those who got flags

Its funny how the intellectuals here think they can define what a pu raid is. The raid did not consist of 1 or even a couple guilds. It was full of people like me, guys outside of their guild activities not working with people they quest/exp with trying to get the flag. You show me one puraid that the RL doesnt make sure his friends/useful people arn't invited in. Grats Deshane thanks for the flag =)
Rocadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 05:24 PM   #7
Dharani

Call it whatever you want, but Deshane led a great raid (as usual), and a bunch of people got shiney new RZ flags (me included). So, I'd like to give a huge Thank You to Deshane and a big Grats to everyone on the raid. You all did a great job!
Old 06-20-2004, 06:04 PM   #8
arconom

Well either way Time/God tank needs a healer right? Can this Time/God tank solo RZ? Why take credit from a PU. Don't be upset it was organized. I heard Deshane did a great job... Don't be upset you weren't the first one to do it.. Deshane gets the credit

Last edited by arconom; 06-20-2004 at 06:35 PM.
arconom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 06:09 PM   #9
bhone

grats to all who got the flag second go-round.

i was cleaning up the mess that my daughter made in the kitchen during the first try, and didn't make the second round. doh!

hopefully there will be another try sometime soon. . .
bhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 06:14 PM   #10
Horgh

So I guess if 73 people show up for a PU raid and that 73rd person gets turned away then it's not a PU raid. Shit, my cleric got turned away from a TZ raid, guess that wasn't a PU either. Alot of PU raids do not go unless the right classes are there, how is this different? As far as I know, the 'selected' people were the ones that had a high attendence at all of his other PU raids. When I got home and joined the channel there was 91 in it. Only 72 can even fight RZtW no? Way to try to downplay a PU raid, typical.

Anyways, Grats to Deshane and ALL the PU raiders that downed the mighty Warlord!!!
Horgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 06:17 PM   #11
LornuseK

Umm was kyanion there for the invites? It was far from hand picked. You are ignorant for even thinking that. Most of the people in deshanes group that go to every raid didnt get in. But oh i suppose thats cause they werent handpicked but the 60 other people who just showed up out of the blue who got invited were. Please know the facts before you make ignorant remarks.
LornuseK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #12
Zephaus

I'm sure the definition of Pickup will be argued here for 30 pages... (can anyone on the raid be time-geared? just the leader? just the MA? do they have to be unguilded? must they dye their gear pink?)

I have no interest in that debate. I can contribute just by helping to establish the fact that it was not hand-picked. Many of the people who had never been on a Deshane raid did get in, and those who had did not.

Regardless, it was a strong accomplishment. Gratz to all who flagged tonight!
Check me out here or here.
Zephaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 08:17 PM   #13
calrain

Default Gratz

Deshane has and will be leading some of the best run raids on the server. He researches/has been involved with the tactics on many of these events and it shows in the way he leads and informs his raids. Congratulations to everyone who was along on this one, just wish I could make some of his raids a little more often.

Calrain Wolfpacer
calrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 11:54 PM   #14
Dragoonslair

To Deshane: WTG bro!! I was hoping to see something here today so I could see how the raid went. I know how much time you spend planing this, and working out all the strats to be sure you were well prepared! Glad to see all your hard work payed off in the end.

To Kyanion now: Please STFU mmkay? Your ignorence is plainly seen in both your posts.

I personally would not call it a pick up raid.
So what would you call it? a guild raid? hmmm...

Take into consideration a tank with time/GoD gear
Your point? He just made sure he had a GOOD tank that he could trust, and that can take the DPS RZ can dish out... this sounds like a smart thing to me.

Im sorry, this was not the same as someone yelling PU RZ raid forming, and the usual format. It was pre-picked who got in early. And they had an elite tank doing the work. how is that the typical raid?
Ok this one actually made me laugh for a min!! Your critisizing him, for actually PLANING ahead and making sure he had some of the more important classes first before we wasted 72 peoples time in the cluster fuck that is normally a RZ raid? Give me a break!

Anyways ,again, Grats Deshane, and Grats to all thoes that got flaged from this PU! I had wanted to be there to help out but was just too late for me to be able to make it and still wake up for work this morning.
Dragoonslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:54 AM   #15
Culpa

one word: dont feed the troll!! (well, its 4 actually)

yes, it was a pu lead by deshane, yes it was a success! so, kudos to him and big grats to all who get their RZ flag!

Culpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:28 AM   #16
skaw

Congrats all! Hope I make the next one.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:51 AM   #17
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

Sounds like a pickup raid to me. I went on quite a few PoP raids led by Fritti back before I was elemental flagged, and no one ever thought to call them anything other than pickup raids.

No one really gives a fuck how you define a pickup Kyanion...so...like...you know the drill(stfu).
Old 06-21-2004, 03:55 AM   #18
Fenlayen

Grats to those flagged

It was a Pick Up raid, So here's another plate of STFU.

And Desh your still a Dress wearing hippie sheep fooker.
Fenlayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:07 AM   #19
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Been a few other nasty rumors flying around about this PU, including some fun ones that smack of conflict of interest, but this here be the forum for civil conduct. Move it and this will get really juicy

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:19 AM   #20
nnastradamuss

thats a tough raid, especially PU style.....nice work deshane

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
nnastradamuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:21 AM   #21
Cayce

Send a message via Yahoo to Cayce
Default MY 2 Cents

To Deshane and ALL those who helped.

There we were sitting our butts in random zones. When out of the blue who should send you a tell. None other than the < as Fen so lovingly put it > The Dress wearing hippie sheep fooker. aka , Deshane ! ( and there was much applause) Many of sat in shock and disbelief, had we been chosen, the select few, the dedicated Dehane-oholics? By the Gods , we had . So we all whipped our sorry asses into gear and ran over to the 5 stones . ( The bards pranced)

Each person was hand picked for their contribution in previous raids. All was going smoothly til some antisocial disfunctionate, got overly happy and blabbed. It wasn't a secret , Rallos Zek was aware of what was about to befall him . As our numbers gathered in the Halls of Drunder, the Warlord could be heard shaking in his not so space boots.

Alas some of our fellow players were unable to join us in our quest for victory but, no ill words were spoken as they wished us luck the MGBs hit and we begin to move. One of our Prancing Bards took the lead, the poor Daiku never knew what hit them. They were dropping like flies, till one ate Noprobs and then the shit hit the fan. Outraged by their loss of their beloved enchanter the War on Rallos Zek ensued. The raid moved as one , there were mutters of hawt cybah but, all was lost when the Decorin reached us. The time had come to make our leader proud. Swiftly we moved in chewing through the Fake Tz and then the Fake VZ. Seeing such pityful excuses for blow up dolls we became enraged. We gather in Rallos Zek's conference room.

Many had never seen this room before, and let me tell you the decor sucked. Not a potted plant in site. WE killed what few Daiku whom had not run for their lives and called Rallos out to play. his death was swift. After laying waste to what few troops were still loyal, we made are way to the True Warlord.

Blah Blah Blah , yeah i know was pretty damn long huh
And the rest as they say is history! , WE engaged Rallos Zek the Warlord, much death ensued . The bloody bastard lived >< I a poor ranger saw him hit 3% and then was plowed by him and about 20 mobs . we gathered again and went back through , much faster than the time before! , This time RZtWL DIED !!!! , Again as a loyal ranger I died when he reached 0% !

GRATS to ALL who recieved flags , much love and comfort for those whom did not. A big Thanks goes out to Deshane and his Crew for helping us lower Mortals achieve a goal taht haad been just out of arms reach.

and now the Grammer police can rip me to shreds !!
Ranger fer Hire
Cybah not included!
Cayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:25 AM   #22
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I think people may be discrediting the last bundle of pick up raid successes because they have had some support of some heavily equipped high tier raiding guild players. Feel free to correct me, but I think it might have started out with Emperor Ssra using some folks from Magister. Then some major bounds of raiding and pick up raids with Fritti, then some Divine Grace members started leading pick up raids that no other pick up raider or leader could normally do. Commonly between and before those events we've seen pick up raiders doing things without players from high tier raiding guilds, or generally lightly equipped players who just need the flags or parts.

Disclaimer - Zelgadis in no way keeps track of every bit of Pick Up Raid history.

Zelgadis's comments -

1. There was a flagging limit of 75 people. If 75 people did get flagged this one time then I doubt we're going to see many pick up groups yet.
2. Don't be an idiot. I do hope that none of the server's brain dead numbskulls got into the Elemental Planes. But please remember and remind your fellow player who got flagged last night not to cheat, steal, train, etc etc.
3. If you do form a group for the elemental planes and want some additional DPS, send me a tell.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:35 AM   #23
Etal

I come to these boards quite a bit and post very little, but I had to respond to this.

I have been on a few Deshane Raids. He is definitely one of the best Raid Leaders Iíve known. The fact he is selective in who he chose for the major duties of the raid is a testament of his leadership and organization skills. This is why his raids succeed. If you donít like it then you are welcome to avoid his raids and go with people who canít lead or plan.

Obviously, when you are on top there are always going to be people to tell you why you shouldnít be there. Itís easy to be a heckler in the audience. Itís much harder to be on the stage.

Deshane, I am sure I speak for a good portion of the Emarr audience when I say, congratulations on RZ. Thank you for your time, research and leadership, and most of all, thank you for letting us be a part of it.
Etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:46 AM   #24
Sefa Akajira

Default Congratulations Deshane and all!!!

Thank you, Deshane and your group for running the pick-up raid for RZTW - and succeeding!!

For what it is worth on the discussion of whether or not it was really a pick-up raid:

1) I first heard of the raid when someone ran through PoK shouting that an RZTW raid was being formed and to join RZ:dies. At the time I joined the channel there were already 60+/- on it. Deshane was not.

2) The original organizer (sorry, I don't recall the name) announced that he/she was not going to attempt leading it and that he/she had heard Deshane would be willing to lead a pickup raid.

3) By the time Deshane actually joined the channel there were more than 90 people on it.

4) I was invited to the raid as the group leader of group 2; at no time did Deshane dictate to me who to select for my group other than giving the instruction on RZ:dies to all group leaders to be selected that we should build "balanced groups".

There were many guild tags as well as unguilded people on the raid. The raid consisted of 72 people who had not formed together to raid together before.

Due to Deshane's and Noprob's excellent leadership and instructions we succeeded the second attempt at taking RZTW.
Sefa Akajira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:26 AM   #25
furo

Cool desh raids

This was a fun raid I enjoyed every minute of it. Lots of suspense and anticipation, but no one panicked, and we got the job done as predicted. Im not surprised in the least that we won and I don't think anyone who has been on a few of Desh's raids will disagree. We knew we would win. We won.

Look forward to any of Desh's calls to raid w/ him in any zone,
whether it be in PoJ or in (----some uber zone TBD-----).

--furo
furo is offline   Reply With Quote