Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2004, 12:24 PM   #1
Aelain
Stop that rhyming!

Send a message via AIM to Aelain
Default More Greedy People

I was in a group in BoT Upper Blizzard this afternoon. We took down the named, and, among other things, he dropped belt of thunderous auras (FT2) and glyphed rune word. The rogue was allowed to roll on both of them and the warrior rolled on the rune word and won. We didn't discuss loot rules but holy cow, how can there be any justification in this? Or am I way off base? I have ONE level 65 spell, and it took almost all my plat.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:31 PM   #2
TavianX

Even though I hate to say this..you answered your own question...

The rogue was allowed to roll on both of them and the warrior rolled on the rune word and won. We didn't discuss loot rules
If you dont set loot rules ahead of time, then there isn't need for justification at that point. You left it open for FFA.

Guild Leader of True Alliance

"Yer Muthur smellz of Sarnak een yer Fathur wuz a Rangah!"
TavianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
Offem
Aiming to heal the world

Send a message via AIM to Offem Send a message via Yahoo to Offem
Default no NBG rules?

Your post was unclear. What classes were you grouped with? All you mentioned was a rogue and a warrior. I'll tell you IMHO that if you needed that rune, and you KNEW that you needed that rune, then you should have voiced that to your group, and it should have been need before greed (NBG). A warrior has NO NEED for a rune, except for cash. That was a very LARGE mistake from the get-go. Just an answer to what was said in your post. Yes, I am sorry to say it, but you are way off base right now with this one. Had you voiced your needs on the rune and gotten the rules laid down, this would not have happened. I'm not trying to be mean if it comes across that way, and if it does, I do apologize. But think about it, and remember that the next time you NEED something before it's decided that it's ok for someone to roll on something that is purely for their own greed.

fav quotes:

You typing in caps just makes me laugh thinking you're stomping your feet saying "mom, they're doing it again". - Oakinbier

Beware, the gays are coming! The gays are coming! - Gauche

In America, death is the most common way that people legally die - Random Article
Offem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #4
ShardmoonVer.1

It sucks, but you learned a valuable lesson. Either group with people you know and trust, or state your terms up front. There are no universal set of rules for loot distribution and some people will happily take advantage of that to line their own pockets with a few extra pixels.

Remember them and avoid them. Maybe 6 months down the road they will apply to your guild and you can say Fuck that guy and block em from joining.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:05 PM   #5
Aelain
Stop that rhyming!

Thanks for your responses. The others in the group were an enchanter, mage, and cleric. The cleric was as pissed as I was, and I assume the other two had all their spells since they were level 65 with high AA titles. The mage was the one who rolled and the first to congratulate the warrior.

Well, lesson learned, I guess, though I still think that they (the rogue and warrior, and any of the others if they had all their spells) were greedy for allowing themselves to be included in the roll. I NEVER roll for an item if someone in the group needs it, regardless of whether or not we discussed the rules beforehand, and I guess I thought that "paying if forward" would work in the long run. I guess not this time.

Just how rare are GRR drops off BoT named? This was the first one I had been involved in taking down.
Old 06-05-2004, 04:01 PM   #6
Lolanae

Drops off BoT name can be pretty rare.

As for grouping, if I'm running a group and something drops, I always ask if it's an upgrade for anyone, if not, then it is an open roll. If it's a group of friends, if alts need it, it'll usually go to alts.
Lolanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 05:28 PM   #7
Inara
Thats Mistress to you

The problem with loot now a days is once you get past level 50 or so, any PU group is a Greed group, or it should be assumed as so. I have yet to be ripped off by someone in my group on a NBG loot bit. At least if I have been, I didn't know about it. The thing is, people read these boards (Not only Emarr boards, any EQ boards), find a post that can justify their "need" and ta'da, NGB as we know it goes out the window.

I never set rules when I am running a group. I assume NGB no matter where I am. As do a lot of people. Unfortunatly, in a place like BoT, you need to state your rules or live with what happens. BoT is chalked full of greedy assholes.

I am sorry you had to roll against 2 melee for those 2 items. I have yet to see a Rune drop or the FT thing...Ever. I would damn well have been raising hell if it had been me. In Bot you have to play by their rules. State it all ahead of time, and then you have something to fall back on.
Inara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #8
Ugnozz

Hmm greedy people suck.........specially in BoT
Ugnozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #9
Faultless

NBG is great as long as everyone is CRYSTAL clear that NBG is what you are doing before the loot drops. Soon as the named mob pops rules should be set and agreed upon.

Greedy needy people suck as well. Had one person just loot an item never ask anyone if they needed it or roll the item, just looted and kept quiet. I called him on it on principle alone, I didn't need nor want the item. I also didn't appreciate the assumption that it was OK to take it without asking. He did relent and roll the item and I won. The item now presides on a guildy who needed it.
Faultless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:13 PM   #10
Aelain
Stop that rhyming!

Originally Posted by Inara
I am sorry you had to roll against 2 melee for those 2 items. I have yet to see a Rune drop or the FT thing...Ever. I would damn well have been raising hell if it had been me. In Bot you have to play by their rules. State it all ahead of time, and then you have something to fall back on.
Went back to UB again tonight. . .named popped again. . he dropped the belt AGAIN. . .this time I WON IT!!!!!11

Closing in on 65 fast. . .
Old 06-05-2004, 09:26 PM   #11
Dakat

There's the other answer as well. You are not 65 yet. So in essence you shouldn't be allowed to roll on the rune. Most groups only allow 65's to roll on runes if your in a pick-up group or raid. Now for the FT2 item, well don't know about that too much, except if you didn't call it as an upgrade it becomes group random.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:19 AM   #12
Offem
Aiming to heal the world

Send a message via AIM to Offem Send a message via Yahoo to Offem
Gratz on winning the FT2 belt! At least you finally got something out of this. As for what Dakat said about you not being 65 yet, it is odd that you be able to roll on it, but only if you are close to dinging. If you are close, then yes, I would start trying to get a head start on my 65 spells. THere is nothing wrong with that, especially if you may be the only one who needed them (or one of two people, like the cleric in your group). Just my 2cp.

fav quotes:

You typing in caps just makes me laugh thinking you're stomping your feet saying "mom, they're doing it again". - Oakinbier

Beware, the gays are coming! The gays are coming! - Gauche

In America, death is the most common way that people legally die - Random Article
Offem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:14 AM   #13
Maltoria

Lolanae said:
As for grouping, if I'm running a group and something drops, I always ask if it's an upgrade for anyone, if not, then it is an open roll. If it's a group of friends, if alts need it, it'll usually go to alts.

You know I always have an alt that can use it, Lola

"Como esta el yaaaaaaaay!" - Special Ed, Crankyankers
Maltoria is offline   Reply With Quote