Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2003, 05:12 PM   #51
Evelle

GRRRRR drat that no edit feature! I meant March 2000.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:04 PM   #52
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Posted by Thodwyn - 10-17-2003 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Astrocreep 2000?............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/shrug. He's more human than human.
And you're never gonna stop him.

Indasha actually is a revision of the name of a (female) druid in a short story I read the day before I bought EQ . I still get occasional gender confusion; how feminine does it actually sound to you?

I can be really judgemental about peoples names, and there's plenty of opportunities for that nowadays. Seems the naming policy is more like guidelines. For example; Lurkerr. That has shitty written all over it.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #53
raaggee
Banned User

siilver , why the fuck would you /petition canigetaport?
The name isnt offensive vulgar sexist racist etc.
You just dont like the name?..or are you just a fucking jerk (my guess).

If someone wants a goofy name, let em have it whats the big deal.

stupid morti..."i saw the name slim shady and never went back' eeeew...waaaaaahhhhhhh...such a bad name..i didnt like it....ya baby...big fat smelly man who plays a woman character so he can cry like a little spoiled schoolgirl cause he doesnt like a name.

Both of you can BaaaaaaLoooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww Me...now go petition that.

Raaggee...i love you all
raaggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:13 PM   #54
Noprobs

I was suprised when my bard, Pied Piper got caught. Most people I met never got it but some did, a name nazi amongst them.

Nop)
Noprobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:14 PM   #55
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to take the first shot at this one.

Raaggee (nice one...), you're one of the most fucking ignorant people I've ever seen. You insult Siil to start with, bad move. Second, you defend names that are fucking stupid. It's a fantasy game last time I checked. Something like p1z1mp1337 might be ok for AIM, but not here.

Crawl back into your hole, retard. Nobody is going to blow you. Ever.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:29 PM   #56
Ulujain

Just curious, why is insulting Siil a bad move? Apart from the politeness factor? In all seriousness, what can she do about it? Use harsh language in return? Upload herself to him and make his life a digital nightmare?
Old 10-17-2003, 07:46 PM   #57
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I assume he means because she's a respected player/poster and is likely to have strong backup.

I don't usually petition names (only name I ever did was the gnome mage named "Nazi" who I saw running through q.hills when I was a lowbie), but take no real issue with someone petitioning a played character (petitioning mules would suck- half of us in bazaar would get namechanged ) if it really bothers them. /shrug
Old 10-17-2003, 08:26 PM   #58
Kittenpurr

I think the only name I petitioned was an erudite wiz (not sure on class) named Nigglet.
Venerable Eatbugz ~ 65 Beastlord
Kittenpurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:30 PM   #59
Talhallen

Hmm....must go through the Bazaar and petition names!

Of course fighting fire with fire, my own Pruddytrademule would get hosed rappidly, I'm sure...
Talhallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 08:42 PM   #60
Brooan Bojangles

I personally find humor in almost all names, but there was one I just couldn't take, so I petitioned it. Flappytwat.
Brooan Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:40 PM   #61
Tree

Default Im Imaprettylady

OK hello, Im Imaprettylady ifyourdrunk (main character Gluuvdar Moomootreecowplant ... yeah the pink druid guy)

Ok first of all the program wouldnt let me get the surname so i petitoned it to get it and a GM gave me the surname

Secound of all there was once a rule that names could not hold sentences example is like Flyinghamster ofdoomcrapsonu were not aloud, how ever now the rule has been dropped and no longer is enforced unless the name contains obscene words or has any offensive remarks example is Gnomesrgay theylikeitindabutt would not be aloud but Imapretty ladyifyourdrunk is aloud (oh for your info imaprettylady is a male halfer that is not pretty, i chose it for pure humor to other)

third of all, the person who said that it was Un roll playing like... Ok dude there are servers made specifically for roll players! and mabye i am role playing? i could be role playing a halfer who think he is in a female high elfs body (that was the original gag but do to, to many people hitting on me i stopped doing that).

fourth of all seriously, its just a game, is it really that bad for a name such as mine to cuase 4 pages of comments? i dont like people who take things to seriously

fifth of all if mah name gets changed i will be pretty sad =( i brings so much peopel luaghter... but it can get annoying sumtimes, every time im looking for a group and i hail the leader they spin around becuase they are think im some high elf female, and when they finally when they realize im a male halfer and they invite me i have to go threw the "hey, your not a chick" conversation!

sixth of all ... well i have nothing else to say but i just wanted to make a sixth of all becuase im just that way, if ya need to talk to mah email me or just send me a tell on EQ will be playing either as Gluuvdar, Imaprettylady, or Stacaatto ... oh Stacaatto surname is Cheesemuffin and he is dyed all Yellow... not very funny but c'mon WHO DOESNT LIKE CHEESE MUFFINS? ya know the biscuits they have at red lobster? unless u have a crappy redlobster like the one where i live at now, the biscuits there suck and ... woah completly off subjest OK im gonna stop NOW
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:45 PM   #62
Tree

Default oh me again

its me again imaprettylady and i read anout a guy who petitioned a guy named Canigetaport (surname outofthisplace) this was a USED TO BE friend of mines pocket druid , the guy goes by Foobear, we had funny turning into trees and killing eahc other to make Kelethin nothing more than a forest, 1 hour , 2000 corpses, and 1 GM later we had kelethin full of trees, it was impossible to see most of the zone, (the GM just told every one to /hide corpse, mwhhaha not even teh GM can stop me) well back to teh subject, Foobear is no longer my friend, neiter is his druid, he is an arse and has been petitioned by like 100 people, i had to cover up for him 3 times so he deserves to get petitioned ... and im a person who doesnt care that much about petitioning
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 10:20 PM   #63
Talloak

I have a few alts who's names are minor word plays, like iceknife frozensoul, talloak... which arent bad, but I do have a female kitty beastlord...

...her name is Purrka Nipps. GMs haven't nailed me yet. Still get chuckles with that one...

cheers
Old 10-18-2003, 12:09 AM   #64
SlvrClvr

Send a message via ICQ to SlvrClvr Send a message via Yahoo to SlvrClvr
heh.. Annetoinette is my RL name and well... i think most people know where Sedai came from.... Yeah i'm not that creative

my twinks =)

Leathe Elhuuker (leathal hooker)
Toine (which happens to be my RL nickname) Daef

Only name i have ever petitioned (mainly because the guy was an annoying fuck) was Fudge Packer (or rather some variation on that name). He ran around the zone telling everyone to "bend over". lol when i petitioned the GM didn't even know why that was "offensive".
Toine Daef 27 BARD
Akeelya Sedai 25 ENCHANTER
Currently RETIRED

Birth is the greatest disease of them all.
100% of people born die!
Do your part to cure this disease!
SlvrClvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:24 AM   #65
Otterkin

Best name I have ever seen was an ogre named Itchybottom Smellyfinger. Wonder if he is still around?

Otterkin <Avatars of the Emerald Throne>
53rd Illusionist
King of Otter-isle
Emporer of Crushbone
King of the Fire Giants
Grandmaster Jeweler
Jack of all Trades
Reservist of the Freeport Militia
Accomplished Mime
Guild Jester Extrodinare
Otterkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 06:10 AM   #66
Caharrin

Caharrin (supposed to be spelled Caharin, but the new player engine wouldn't let me have it) comes from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. The main character's name is Richard Rahl, and he's named in prophecy as the Caharin, a blade master and the liberator of one of the series' cultures. He's also a war wizard in the book, among other things.

For anyone who likes to read and also likes Everquest, I would HIGHLY recommend reading that series. They are (in order):

Wizard's First Rule
Stone of Tears
Blood of the Fold
Temple of the Winds
Faith of the Fallen
The Pillars of Creation
Naked Empire

There's a sub-book explaining one of the main characters entitled Debt of Bones. All were written by Terry Goodkind. Good stuff.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:52 AM   #67
Leldari L
MOD

Send a message via AIM to Leldari L
I'll come out of the closet. Most of my character names fit the fantasy theme but when I made a female troll beastlord I couldn't resist.

Beastbunny Foofoo here. Yes I do indeed run through the woods albeit slowly til she hits 30
Old 10-18-2003, 08:00 AM   #68
TeikThunderknight

gah. please tell me that Naked Empire is not part of a series. See. I have been trying to find Wizards first rule at the library, a friend recommended it to me. But Naked Empire was there.... So If its part of a series I can't read it... I don't like to read books out of order. thanks

Oh, yea I hate people who are unoriginal with their names, rather I hate the unoriginal names, not the people. Like the person who is offended by the Legolas names, I find those who try and use Bilbo stupid=D
Pantheons
TeikThunderknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 08:08 AM   #69
Irulan Dunedancer

Oh, yea I hate people who are unoriginal with their names, rather I hate the unoriginal names, not the people.
46 Ranger (semi-retired)
"Don't say I'm out of touch/ With this rampant chaos - your reality/ I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge/ The nightmare I built my own world to escape"
Irulan Dunedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 08:16 AM   #70
Caelie123

I don't care what people choose as a name as long as its not vulgar. Even then I wouldn't petition. I would just look at the name and not think very highly of the person.

A bunch of us started alt's being tired of the seriousness of our first and main characters.
There's about 7 or 8 of us that have been friends since the beginning of EQ and we still get lost and stuck on trees while on autofollow, loose invis at the worst times. When these characters got to lvl 20 we gave them the Surname of "Gooftroop".

The name came about when we were running these characters somewhere and everything in the game that could go wrong, did go wrong. Linkdead, somebody else lost invis, somebody else hollered "hold up, I'm stuck on a tree". It felt like it took us 2 hours to get from point a to point b, and somebody said "geez, we are definately the gooftroop today". Thats when we decided to make our surname "Gooftrooop" when we hit lvl 20.

Sometimes people just like to be goofy and choose goofy names.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:47 AM   #71
Mishelle

Send a message via AIM to Mishelle
main character Gluuvdar Moomootreecowplant ... yeah the pink druid guy
ROFL! Hey Gluuvdar....pink druid + purple warrior = good times! =P
I must admit I saw your Imaprettylady in /ooc before and thought "wow that's totally lame" but now that I think about it...it's alot less lame coming from a pink druid. =D
No human being will perceive your silent scream.
The king of rapture will betray your soul tonight.
This life of yours is soon to end in brutal death.

-Bloodbath-
Mishelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 09:49 AM   #72
Mirrim

I was sorely tempted, but never did it. Wanted to create a troll female and name her Mizcleo and run around EC shouting "Call me now!" Of course, that was back in the days where there'd be an actual audience in EC. ;P

As for other names, I've petitioned those that were crude or offensive, such as Bojwolb (that isn't even close to the worst). For others, there's too little time to play naming police. My least favorite names in game at the moment are Imahotie and Teleporterchick. (rolls eyes)
Mirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #73
Iwka
Supporter

If you love yourself don't read the sword of truth series past like the first 200 pages =P You'll save yourself a lot of time that could have been better spent playing EQ or taking a nap or watching TV ... much more enriching activities. =P
Iwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:31 AM   #74
Iwka
Supporter

oh, and on the topic worst names i saw was Klemydia, but I liked some of the cute names like Lagge Spike, Imma Hole, Aeonn Fluxx, Catholicmulegrl ...
Iwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:58 AM   #75
Slayne

Send a message via AIM to Slayne
Capnorgasm, spelled something like that, was funny too see.