Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Small Talk

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 03:10 PM   #51
Eldrynn

Send a message via MSN to Eldrynn
Alrighty,

Timely update inc. Active Navy currently stationed on NAS North Island, San Diego, CA. I work at the Air Traffic Control tower as a technician. My NEC is 1579, meaning I work on the Precision Approach Radar system. I'm familiar with the other systems here, but my specialty is the PAR.

I'm a metalhead looking forward to all the concerts in SoCal again. Malevolent Creation is playing Brick by Brick July 15th =)

And with her panties pulled taut across the crotch, it looked like a car had run over Chewbacca.
Eldrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:58 PM   #52
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

When i played, it seemed a third or more of Magister was military or ex military. No idea who plays now though.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #53
Dakat

I started playing this game when I was in the Air Force. My unit had a good 15 people or so that played on the server. I have since transitioned into civilian life and have not looked back since.

I have met a few, even recently, while in a pick-up group found out that they are in the military.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 PM   #54
yuliann

Navy here. Been in 9 years. IT1 on the B-Hill in San Diego. Glad to be back from deployment!
yuliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #55
Eldrynn

Originally Posted by yuliann
Navy here. Been in 9 years. IT1 on the B-Hill in San Diego. Glad to be back from deployment!
Woot, more SD folk!! Was on the USS Boxer LHD-4 from 98-02 then over 2 years in Korea. Now back to good old SD... Buddy from my EQ2 guild is on the Reagan.

And with her panties pulled taut across the crotch, it looked like a car had run over Chewbacca.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:30 AM   #56
Tamyre

Send a message via AIM to Tamyre Send a message via Yahoo to Tamyre
How about family of military!!

My Grandfather was Chief Bossen's Mate [ I'm sure I spelled that wrong. ] on the USS Mississippi and the USS LaSalle. He was active in WW2 and Korea.

I almost wasn't here! The Mississippi was scheduled to be in PH on December 7th, but was called back to Iceland so the Arizona took their spot. I've heard that story, and many more about the alcohol breweries on board the ships so many times I could scream! hehe

Much Love to the Navy Boys and Girls!

Go NAVY! Sink the ARMY!
President of the Fafner Fan Club!
Cause I said so!

Abiagael
Shadow Priestess [ 70 ] of the Horde
Kilrogg Server
World of Warcraft
Tamyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:37 AM   #57
solicia

did my time in the active army, spent enough time in iraq. Work for va police department now.
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #58
kyepez

Default !

Don't join the military it's a measure of your intelligence if you think that stopping bullets for chump change is worth it! You only get one life and being fooled by any government to think that any government is better than another is foolish!!

Enjoy what freedom you have wherever you live; but don't get paid a pittance to die!! You're worth more than that!
kyepez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:48 PM   #59
Rkikzza

Active duty Air Force here, stationed in Mt. Home Idaho, though currently deployed to Iraq. and as for Kyepez, I'm sure I speak for everyone that has ever been in the military when I say, STFU.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:02 AM   #60
solicia

agreed couldnt have been said better.
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:18 AM   #61
Metzen
United States Army EOD

*UPDATE*

Currently in Iraq (at least for another month or so)

and as far as kyepez, Your a discrace to your country.
Chaosmaster
60 Mage
Kargath
Metzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:24 AM   #62
Imzakhor

Kyepez is a disgrace to my country.

Surprise surprise, what guild is he in? As an officer?

DOG AND DUCK!!!
Imzakhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #63
Bastiyen

Former Leatherneck signing in, with 6 years of southern California (Camp Pendleton) and Hawaii (Camp Smith/Kaneohe Bay) under my belt... MOS 4034/4038/4025.

I always have the best conversations when I encounter former and current military members. The camaraderie and disciplined formed during military years maps directly into successful guilds and raids.

Being a member of the military is a life-changing experience...I would recommend it to everyone who loves the freedom they currently enjoy.

Oh, and one more thing, everyone join me in...

/blanketparty Kyepez
Bastiyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #64
Tamyre

Send a message via AIM to Tamyre Send a message via Yahoo to Tamyre
Though there are many reasons I did not go into the Military, I will say that has got to be the most absurb and pathetic attempt to demoralize our nations military I have ever seen.

Kudos to you boys working hard to PROTECT our freedom. To those of you who think you got this ``freedom`` by some divine intervention... Fuck off.
President of the Fafner Fan Club!
Cause I said so!

Abiagael
Shadow Priestess [ 70 ] of the Horde
Kilrogg Server
World of Warcraft
Tamyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:54 AM   #65
The Earth Keeper

Send a message via ICQ to The Earth Keeper Send a message via AIM to The Earth Keeper Send a message via MSN to The Earth Keeper Send a message via Yahoo to The Earth Keeper
Personally I have loved every minute of the Army life I signed up for.... maybe not at the time but looking back even basic was fun.

I did not sign up for the money thats for damn sure, I quit my job and got a divorce so I could join the Army and havent looked back. " this was helped by the religious intolerance and hypocrisy I experianced while married"

Freedom of speech is only free to the cowards that stand behind people willing to die for thier rights.

At 29 years old with a very diverse life before the military I am no glossy eyed youth that was led into anything. I made/make my own decisions about what I am doing with my life. Can you say the same? If you can you should thank your armed forces. Giving 3 4 or even 6 years to my country is a small price to pay for the freedoms I have enjoyed, and will continue to enjoy because of the people like Metzen , Bastiyen Silea and the rest.

In short fuck you very much for your input.

Crom
The Earth Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #66
Imzakhor

My reply was too short, and too direct.

While I never served in military, I certainly hold those who did in high regard. My dad served, and so did my Grandpa, in Italy during WWII. If I am not to serve... Then the least I can do is respect the unbelievable loyalty to our country those who serve show. You would do well to do the same, Kyepez. But as with most things, it is too late for you.

I wish I had time to give you the full blanketparty you so richly deserve, Kyefuck. I can't believe you are so naive to think that the freedoms you enjoy just landed on you randomly.

Actually, I do believe it. DOG AND DUCK!!!

Last edited by Imzakhor; 06-26-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Imzakhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:23 PM   #67
Shifra

Send a message via Yahoo to Shifra
Seems like every week in EQ I meet another person in the service : )
Shifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:22 AM   #68
yuliann

Hey Eldrynn maybe we should get all the Socal eq'ers together and go out/have a BBQ somewhere. Doesn't have to be military only either, Hell i've been wanting to do and EQ gathering thing for some time, but I keep moving lol.
yuliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #69
Eldrynn

Originally Posted by yuliann
Hey Eldrynn maybe we should get all the Socal eq'ers together and go out/have a BBQ somewhere. Doesn't have to be military only either, Hell i've been wanting to do and EQ gathering thing for some time, but I keep moving lol.
Sounds like a plan. I love getting to know people. Had a blast at the Fan Fair.