Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2003, 08:02 PM   #251
Laoke

Default Well...

First off, this post in no way is the opinion of Drunken Lemmings of Doomô. Or, indeed, my real guild, Midnight Fury.

Right. Now then.

Someone explain to me why a guild that has no interest in the rotation is morally obliged to abide by its rules.

In my opinion, they're not. Simple, fast, easy to understand. If they're not receiving the benefits (in this case, a semi-garaunteed shot at a mob) then they are not obligated to pay the cost (waiting their time in line like good little sheep).

That's really the bottom line. If TE was IN the rotation, and getting uppity, that would be a totally different issue. But they're not, and it looks pretty cut and dried to me.

This is not to say that the roation is outmoded, or not working, or anything of that nature. It's just pointing out that a guild doesn't need to be in a rotation to have a legitimate shot at a mob.

Now, lets take a look at what the responses to this can legitimately be:

(1) Guilds in the rotation coperate to bring down VS / Trak as soon as possible upon popping. You've got the resources to do it, I've taken VS down with a single group pre-Luclin for fucks sake, and if you shut out TE for long enough they'll see the benefits to joining the rotation. As they're not in the rotation, you're under no obligation to them to provide the window of opportunity they need for it.

(2) Shrug, realise that it's only one spawn in a game, have a cool Royal Crown Draft cola and reflect on the futility of inflicting order upon chaos.

(3) Moan & whine like a bunch of schoolboys.

Oh, and incidentally: it takes a top tier guild approximately 5 minutes to moblise and kill VS. With a single group, you can do it quite literally as a "VS is up, we've got 5 minutes before the rest of the guild logs on to kill an_uber_mob00, lets go!". It takes maybe an hour for a 2 group strike team to mobilise and hit Trakanon. VS will ALWAYS be the more hotly contested mob for that reason: he's so damn easy to get to and kill.

Feel free to discuss.

Laoke
Laoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 05:42 AM   #252
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Epics are the root of all evil. I mean this sincerely.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:31 AM   #253
bobdz

Send a message via AIM to bobdz
I respect TE for this...why is Trak and VS so special that they need to be on a rotation? They are the only two mobs that are and there is no need to be if you need him get there fast enough and take him down first...
bobdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:25 PM   #254
Kurupt

Default Ziagwa !!

Argh Ziagwa needs to die!!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:00 PM   #255
Aamrie

I could understand the trak/vs rotation...it blows..was rotation person for a bit...

but when you start KSing other stuff..you get the wrong attention and you piss off the wrong people...

Would really hate it if Team Evil ended up being someone's bitch.

Well...no I wouldnt..

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #256
Bobobobobobobn

Default Four Things

First thing-This thread is extremely long and i couldnt read past like 5 pages
Second thing- Rotations are ghey. Kill a mob if its up. I have gone into zones only to find out that my raiding party has no mob to kill, and i deal with it. Tough shit, but its only a game.
Third thing- Zelgadis, u got real problems. You are two faced, and either have a horrible memory or selectively recall certain things.
Fourth thing- Team Evil has every right to kill a mob if its up. If you really think you are right, get a GM and see what they say
=)

Bobobn 62 Necromancer
(I very outspoken.. err :P)
Bobobobobobobn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #257
Stanman

Default woot 11 pages

I'm so proud.
Stanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 02:30 PM   #258
Aamrie

Default Re: Four Things

Originally posted by Bobobobobobobn
Fourth thing- Team Evil has every right to kill a mob if its up. If you really think you are right, get a GM and see what they say
=)

Unless you KS someone already there with the mob..and I think we already went through those issues with a guild called Ebonlore.. KS long enough and there wont be a Team Evil.

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:43 PM   #259
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
but when you start KSing other stuff
We dont kill steal. We just dont abide rotations. Two different issues.

you get the wrong attention and you piss off the wrong people...

Would really hate it if Team Evil ended up being someone's bitch.

Well...no I wouldnt..
KS long enough and there wont be a Team Evil
Are you threatening Us Aamrie? I mean honestly cmon. You dont even play the same game as us. Are you going to come back to content youve been through with for 2 years and try to cock block us because you wanna try to knock us off our high horse? Please. Take that shit somewhere and throw it at someone else cause quite frankly we dont care what you think.
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 07:51 PM   #260
Etiruk

Hmmmm...Just my thoughts...Last time I got accused of KSing a mob. The GM asked who was in combat with the mob first. After I said that I was involved the complaint was sent into limbo. TE was engaged with the mob therfore the GMs will have nothing to say. This whole board with the so called rules that were made by "US" is a bunch of crap. Only the people that have absolutely no life like Zel with his 499 posts really even read this thing. I found out about this site about 2 weeks ago. I have been playing for about 2 years now....Not saying that I am a veteran of the game or anything but in the world that I see it's time for the rotation to make its slow rotation out of the game. If you have the members online to take said mob then so be it. Mobilize and the first guild to make it gets it. Not all guilds will have the ability to mobilize on a moments notice. Sorry, then you need to press on with your life and plan an attack via your guild message boards and set your time and date to be sitting preped and ready to go.
TE I applaud you for what you have done. I believe that you did what you needed and trust your statement that you will only take VS when you "NEED" the mob for the Wizzy epic piece. Zel not sure why you continue beating a dead horse into the ground. Perhaps you like living in the past. If your in one of the guilds like Affliction that stays in the rotation for the future, you should really persue moving on to the newer and better things like POP mobs. GET FLAGGED and press on. Granted not many guilds have the ability to be like After Life or Flames of Heaven...But you can only try. Staying on VS and Trac forever is not going to assist you in making these advancements. Granted I will get flamed by Zel, but I will attribute that to your childish nature and let you have your extra post in peace. Trith, if you ever need the extra monk to help with any raids I am willing and able all you have to do is send tell in game. Zasratiz is monky name.

Please excuse any misspellings I have been up for the last 19 hours and am not in the mood to spell check this.
Etiruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 03:09 AM   #261
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

**Fourth thing- Team Evil has every right to kill a mob if its up. If you really think you are right, get a GM and see what they say **

I believe Aamrie was referring to that statement. If the GM has to constantly intervene in your raids he/she may be forced to make some ultimate decision like warnings or even suspensions/bans/disbandings

Thats what happened to Ebonlore and will possibly happen to you if you constantly walk over others raids..

I do agree rotations are stupid but you do need to give a little to get a little sometimes.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:45 AM   #262
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
1. We have never KS'ed anyone. Period
2. We have never had to have a GM/Guide or anyone show up to mitigate our raids
3. I doubt we have even been petitioned for anything in game
4. We did not KS VS or Trak..we killed them. We killed them when no other guilds were engaged at all.

Aamrie your problem is you have walked into a room after hearing half of a conversation and decided that you need to speak on a subject you have no understanding of. Please next time read the facts and you will have a better grasp of what's being discussed here before you post things that honestly have zero bearing on TE as a guild.

And all this comparison or suggestion that TE=Ebonlore just further shows how out of touch some people are. I remember the day Ewle was banned and Ebonlore was disbanded, and they deserved every bit of it because they intentionally trained, killed, and KS'ed everything on in the game. They lived to break rules in the EULA and it ultimately killed them. TE has no worries of this happening at all but thanks for your concern about the safety and integrity of our guild.

Trith Coldheart
65 Arch Lich
Officer of Team Evil
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 06:34 AM   #263
Islington

My God... This post is still here and still on topic?
Islington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:53 AM   #264
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I'd rather not start talking about how my guild compares to other guilds. Not going to start doing the "more uber than thou" chat today.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #265
Aamrie

Are you threatening Us Aamrie? I mean honestly cmon. You dont even play the same game as us. Are you going to come back to content youve been through with for 2 years and try to cock block us because you wanna try to knock us off our high horse? Please. Take that shit somewhere and throw it at someone else cause quite frankly we dont care what you think

I wouldnt waste my time with you.

I was referring to an incident where Team Evil came in and KS'd a mob from AD...and yes I did say AD..and yes I know what I am talking about.

So please drive thru...

Old 03-02-2003, 04:00 PM   #266
Vespay

This post should be about dead, but since it was brought up again, I thought I would just add a final word.

If TE truly wishes to completely disregard the rotations, then they should relocate to Rallos Zek. There you can KS in and out of mobs whenever you feel like it.

Oh, then I'd send Ascending Dawn out for you. (for those that do not know, is currently the highest ranking guild on RZ). Once they splatter you on the ground, and then KS your mobs .. tell us how you like it. And it would happen EVERY time too, with most every high end game mob.

So if competition is what you seek, there is where you'll find it.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:42 PM   #267
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
I was referring to an incident where Team Evil came in and KS'd a mob from AD...and yes I did say AD..and yes I know what I am talking about.
No..you don't. But since I'm in a good mood I will help you out a little bit. AD had been "trying" to do Zlandi for damn near 4 hours. They did not have near enough forces on and had not even managed to get down to him. They wiped twice I believe just fighting down. We came in while they were CR'ing for the second or third time and decided we would kill Zlandi. We worked down.. and we killed him. They had ample time and opportunity to kill Zlandi and they did not. We did not KS them and anyone who says we did is a blithering idiot who doesn't know the facts.

To KS a mob you must engage it WHILE another group/guild is already engaged in fighting it. It would have been really damn hard for us to KS AD seeing as THEY NEVER FUCKING MADE IT DOWN TO ZLANDI.

Now I don't see as how I can make this any damn clearer for you but since you decided to listen to only one side of the story Aamrie I think I will best close by quoting your own words:

So please drive thru...
Oh and by the way..It was very nice getting tells from AD members who said they were glad we moved in so they could finally go to bed...

Trith Coldheart
65 Arch Lich
Officer Team Evil
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:53 PM   #268
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
I think Trith summed up the situation pretty well. As far as this:

I wouldnt waste my time with you.
Yet posting here about things you are so far removed from its ridiculous isnt wasting your time? Lets be consistent mmmkay?
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:20 PM   #269
Taevitus
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Taevitus
The rotation sounds like it was a very useful tool earlier on in the days of EQ. Times have changed, the rotation no longer benefits the server in its current form. The fact that so many people have come forward and questioned its practicality should make some of you hard-liners at least give the benefit of the doubt that you might be...*gasp* wrong. Guilds are on the rotation that clearly could care less about the killing either Venril Sathir or Trakanon, so they pass....again, and again....yet they refuse to remove themselves from the rotation. Surely this must have raised a flag to someone?

I am not saying that you hard-liners are simply trying to put your guild's and your own interests above the server as a whole, I am sure some of you actually believe that fire and brimstone will rain down on the ErollisiMarr server should the rotation fall, but here is the catch: just becasue you feel you are right, doesn't mean you are right. Simple concept, yes? Surprisingly, few people live by that ideology. Many people have put the rotation to the question on this board, dare I say, more so than the people in support of it staying. I am not saying that this is the consesus for the whole sever, as not everyone visists these forums..but so far the trend is not favorable for 'Viva la Rotation'. Should the majority be told to STFU and color?

Of course...taking my own medicine, it could be said that I feel I am right, and could be completely wrong....hmmm. my brain hurts now.
Taevitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #270
Laoke

Taevitus,

The reason the rotation exists is very simple:

If the guilds in the rotation pull together and act as one, they can effectively shut a single guild out of the spawn.

That's the fundamental truth to the rotation, and the reason it still exists. Team Evil has no moral obligation to abide by the rotation at all: but by the same token the guilds IN the rotation are under no moral obligation to give them a shot either.

That's the reason the rotation exists: because in Everquest, political power is defined as the ability to control access to a resource. This is why Magister is undoubtedly the most politically powerful guild on the server: they have the ability to lock down a spawn and prevent others from accessing it, and they very shrewdly chose to exercise this power on 'bottleneck' mobs so that with a minimal exercise of their 'power' they're able to control access to a very wide number of resources.

This is not a bitch about Magister in any way, shape or form. It's very smart on their part and they're pretty much doing exactly what anyone else with brains in their position would do.

Anyways, the point is this: the rotation exists as a means of controlling a resource. TE breaking in once is not likely to cause problems: should they try and monopolise the spawn (unlikely in the extreme from everything I'm reading here) then they'll likely find that the rotation guilds will respond by locking down the spawn tighter than a frogloks sphincter. It's a total non-issue. If the rotation can't control the resource, they have no right to bitch when someone takes advantage of the slack.

I've got no comment on the other issues. Common sense and dignity to others should be more common than it is.

Laoke
Laoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 05:06 AM   #271
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
So... Team Evil, Drowned Legion, and an alliance of guilds too complainy to merge together into one have said no to the rotation after they went and killed Venril Sathir for their wizards.

Team Evil said they had no intention of holding back everyone else who needed the epic piece (loot and scoot)

That... Alliance... of Rheaton... said "Well I need to consider my own people, and not the ones of the rotation, so we went and killed Venril Sathir. Email me if you want to complain."

Drowned Legion... don't think has said anything...

(To those who want to rant at me about saying "alliance of guilds too complainy to merge..." (which I was going to say bitchy and whiney, but that would have been a bit extreme), I've listened through a lot of talk about merging guilds in alliances, and it all would come down to not wanting to because they wanted to keep guild names and were fighting over who would be the leader...)

I disbelieve that the people who have come up and said they thought the rotation was worthless and shouldn't exist anymore out number those who would say otherwise... if you don't count just those who posted on this thread and maybe another thread. I'm going to take a swing at Kalrie and say that if people are complaining about guilds who don't need the rotation anymore and are still in it not leaving the rotation and making it shorter, she's failing her responsibilities as a rotation keeper to keep track of these things. Then again, I'm not sure if any of the others did, if guilds passed and passed the way they do today while they were around. So its really a shared fault if you think about it.

If its time to end the VS/Trak rotation, its up to Kalrie if she's going to quit the job, and its up to someone else if they're going to try picking it up from where Kalrie leaves. I'm sure there might be a few smart ass jerkish remarks posted at the next rotation master, though.

Old 03-03-2003, 08:34 AM   #272
Taevitus
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Taevitus
The last uber-guild that I heard of that tried to dictate to a server what they could/could not kill was Brotherhood of the Spider on the Rathe server. They set up harsh rules for rotations to Fear/Hate/Air and if you weren't in their back pocket, chances were, you wouldn't see the planes. I would recommend you try and track down that guild name for more info, but you won't find it.....as Sony smacked the guild and their buddies down with a huge guild disband. Of course, they reformed shortly after as Blood of the Spider and mellowed out a bit, but not before they got a heapin' helpin' dose of reality.

The catch to that is that when BoTS was doing this, there was MUCH stronger GM/Guide presence on the servers, so who knows? Maybe what a guild couldn't get away with then, you can slip by with now. I would like to believe that no guild would pull something like what you mentioned Laoke, but realisticaly speaking, you have a good reason why the rotation exists still.

Here is my question then: why isn't there rotations on other mobs? I mean, if a guild is capable of suffocating another lesser guild by cutting off its high end content, why stop with Venril Sathir and Trakanon? Much of the high-end content on Velious, could be just as damaging if a more powerful guild decided to choke off another guild. Is something like this happening? If not, why would 2 named mobs be the target, but not other the other countless mobs?
Taevitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:44 AM   #273
Etiruk

PLEASE! If the rotation is so needed then why aren't any of the other mobs put on it? Come on now you have things like LODI that is a long spawn and the griffon storm feather that is a 19 hour spawn with a 40% chance he skips spawn not going to continue, you know there are more....These are rare mobs that are KSed every time the beasts pop. Why? OMG maybe cuz there isn't a rothation on them. What do guilds that want to help a member do when they are KSed? The leave and prepare for the next spawn. What happened when TE came down and took VS? Whiners such as you decided to bring to light that the world is going to end without the rotation. Wait... there is a blue thing on the ground...I think the sky is falling. You refer to Magister cornering the gauntlet on mobs and blocking other guilds out. Lets be realistic with this. Magister is a reputable guild on EMARR I commend their guild for all they have done and the progress they have made, but I don't see it possible for them to corner anything. They don't have the manpower on everytime a mob spawns...PEOPLE do have lives other than EQ. We are looking at VS and Track because they are what? An epic mob...and drop epic pieces? BIG DEAL...Have groups broken into your OH SO PRECIOUS cycle? YES! WIll they continue to disreguard "YOUR" stupid rule of the rotation? YES! Has it done any harm to the server? NO! Have whiners in the guilds that try to monopolize the 2 spawns complained? YES Will they continue to complain over spilled milk? YES WHY? Because they think that MAGISTER is going to take over the server. WELL FUK IT...Every guild on the server disband...MAGISTER since you are the "UBER" guild on the server be prepared to have the bigges guild ever...INVITE every char on EMARR server...were coming to join you so you don't stop us anymore.!!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:58 AM   #274
Zelgadis

It appears Etiruk woke up today and thought "Oh my god! Must... post... like a retard...!"

Come on guys, if you're going to post an opposing opinion to this thread, would you at least make it make some form of sense? O.o

Etiruk tells you, 'My nervus hoog!"

Old 03-03-2003, 09:56 AM   #275
Etiruk

Perhaps you should think aboutthe sense you show thereZEL...you live in the past. Magister could never do what you and your dick sucking buddies claim. The need for this STUPID rotaion crap went out with the outcoming of POP perhaps even as early as LUCLIN. You guys just sit on a rotation of stupid little WIZZY and ENCHIE epic items claiming that the world will end. If you think this perhaps you shpould move on to a new server and check if they have died....HMMM thin all other servers are still functioning and only thing better is the <COMPETITION> You don't like competition obviously...you want to know "I have 24 hours to decide to kill this mob" FUK you bro...I will contemplate ZURG rushing that VS bitch every time from now on.... /SHOUT any players in DL want to ZURG rush KC and take down VS...lvl required 43 and up.

Track ummmm a little harder to do, but sure that I could get people to try...just as people are willing to try and do pick-up raid on GRIEGS END. By the way that is scheduled for what 5 March.

Retard...Hmmm guess you know quite a bit about those since your mother obviously had one...behind the name ZELGADIS.

Get a life ZEL. Possibly grow up and do something other than play EQ and think you can make rules for Verant...The EULA is there for a reason...You and ofcourse nobody else on this page have the power to enforce any rules that you think you have made for the server. If you think that you do go ask Verant and see what they say about your PUSSY policies.
By the way...please respond so you can cushion your over 500 posts on this site. LIFELESS bitch QUIT BREATHING MY PRECIOUS AIR!!