Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2003, 09:05 AM   #1
BronzAloy

Default SK Epic - Is it just me?

/boggle

I have been to Plane of Hate over 25+ times and each time we killed the Ashenbone Drakes and only once, when that rare time another SK was with group, the Decrepit Hide dropped and I lost the roll.

Why is it that certain classes have a certain part(s) of their epic that are insanely biased compared to others?
My rogue got her epic in 2 weeks time (Robe of the Kedge hindered me).
My Shaman has spent 2 short nights and only has 4 items left for epic.
My friggin' SK has been waiting for that damn Decrepit Hide drop for a year!! My SK's Pegasus Hide, 41% Haste belt was easier to get then that darn thing!!

Furthermore, is Soul Leech drop in Plane of Fear mythical as well??

Increase frequency of certain drops... frik'in hell... you made Rage spawnable... do the same thing for SK, Paladin, Warrior mobs and stop making Druids the only one's to leave their drippings around... I want to see some skulls blowing!!!

- Bronz Aloy, 55 SK
BronzAloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:24 AM   #2
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I think two epics is enough.

Hope you didn't stomp and romp around yelling and screaming when the other SKs won the epic item over you, because from your information it sounds like they would need it more. Unless you have some odd habit of making a character, making it your main, going to get their epic, then making another character to be your main and doing it all over again. Talk about boredom.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:39 AM   #3
Tormarc

Furthermore, is Soul Leech drop in Plane of Fear mythical as well??
nah, soul leech doesnt seem to be that rare, only when you need one, after finally getting one for someone that needed as the last piece, they started dropping like candy.

it does suck that some epics are more complicated/rarer than others but, just the way it is. but for one of the coolest looking epics its worth it!.
Tormarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 09:39 AM   #4
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
try the mage epic sometime..
Old 02-26-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
Toxx

Originally posted by Gurglespit
try the mage epic sometime..
lol what
Old 02-26-2003, 10:27 AM   #6
Naele

Wait till you do the Ratman guard, I know serveral SK's who spend well over 100 hours camping the hole.

The Particle Weapons Quests were never really balanced for difficulty, I cant realy call them "epic" anymore as most of them are bagged as you get into your 60's where far superior weapons become available.

Its really just another mid-level quest weapon now.

Naele Shadowslayer
65 Dreadlord
Nallae Shadowslayer
62 Cleric
Affliction
Naele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:03 AM   #7
Ariakkas

from what i understand, there was a differnet person who did each class epic quest.

so you got the mage, wizard, SK and necro people who feel epics should be incredibly hard, and you got the rogue, bard paladin and beastlord people who feel epics should fall from the sky
Ariakkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:06 AM   #8
Gurglespit

Originally posted by Toxx
lol what
I said...

Try the mage epic..

want me to repeat it again??
Old 02-26-2003, 12:33 PM   #9
Muertissimo

Send a message via AIM to Muertissimo
I gave up on my epic personally. After numerous trips to Fear and never seeing one decrepit hide drop, I figured screw it and just made do with what I could get. Course, once I was lucky enough to get a Cudgel of Cowardly Death, I never looked back

It is still something I wouldn't mind finishing one day, but just for the sake of saying I did it and not because it's an awesome weapon or anything (at least by today's standards). Although, I think it's going to be almost as hard to get now as it was then, if not harder. I went from a guild that was just starting to do the planes at the time to one that wouldn't step foot in an old world plane if they could at all help it heh. But hey who knows, maybe I can convince enough people to help out with it if they're bored enough /cackle.
Greylords EQ2 too!
Retired member of
Midnight Fury (r.i.p.)

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."--Revelation 6:8
"Your greatest creation, is the life you lead."
Muertissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 01:40 PM   #10
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Blindfoe>Cudgel
Old 02-26-2003, 01:53 PM   #11
Shadowbud

Send a message via AIM to Shadowbud
.I was there the other night had one drop no SKs there to get it ><
Shadowbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 01:26 AM   #12
Muertissimo

Heh believe me, I would have loved a Blindfoe if I was ever lucky enough to see one drop But now I'm sportin Darwol's Cleaver, Greatstaff of Misery, and a Lance of the Flame Knight (woo for being only SK/Pally there when the latter 2 dropped! Although we had two lances drop, grats rot ), depending on what the situation requires. So can't exactly complain!

Although there is something to be said for proc effects over dot effects when in an intense encounter where you may have to switch targets quickly /huggles enchanters.
Greylords EQ2 too!
Retired member of
Midnight Fury (r.i.p.)

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."--Revelation 6:8
Old 02-27-2003, 02:03 AM   #13
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I hope those new weapons proc more than that fruckin cudgel. I tried to get that thing to proc so i could get some damn exp and it maybe processed one out of every 4 mobs. The blindfoe on the other hand is crazy. Think i average 4 procs a mob.

Just say no to cudgels
Old 02-27-2003, 02:34 AM   #14
Muertissimo

Well, with focus or some sort of dex buff on I had pretty good luck with it proc'ing. But without, yeah it was pretty lackluster to say the least. Darwol's cleaver procs quite a bit more it seems, so even though it's only a 125 point tap as opposed to 150 the proc rate more than makes up the difference.

The Greatstaff however seems to proc even more rarely than the Cudgel :eek: But it is nice when tanking since it has AC tacked on it, plus more hp's than the Cleaver. So less need to go 1h + shield and lose major dps (not to mention eat more ripostes heh).

The Lance has no proc, but at 55/39 it seems to have the best ratio out of all of them, unless you're fighting flame retardant mobs which knocks it down to 50/39. Still not too shabby, though I'd prefer using the Cleaver in those situations since the lifetap proc probably makes up most of the difference anyway. Although nothing beats seeing a max hit (so far) for 365 not including any crits! Made me feel all warm and tingly /swoon!
Greylords EQ2 too!
Retired member of
Midnight Fury (r.i.p.)

Old 02-27-2003, 02:13 PM   #15
FurryCrew

hey don't diss the bard or pally epic

yes they r "easier" than sk or mage epic but a majority of bards and pallys have to stay 52 for a chance @ naggy/vox if they want there epics

and hey...bard epic is the only epic left that is still "indispensible" is most situation.....rest of the classes have better options now

and Bst epic makes rogue epic look like handing in muffins....it's soo friggin easy it's not funny!
FurryCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 02:36 PM   #16
Sarkam Warbringer

Send a message via AIM to Sarkam Warbringer
If I remember right, Warrior epic is probably the hardest out there, and was not the best warrior weapon in the game when it came out, until Verant nerfed out some swords that dropped in Sebilis.
Sarkam Warbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 06:17 PM   #17
Derrit Traenem

ranger epic? i dont know HOW many rangers (including myself) dont have their earthcaller...
Derrit Traenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 07:32 PM   #18
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
The survey data collection the EQ Devs did with Fippy's Facts showed that rangers of all classes have the most epics.. back like a year ago. That wasn't including Bard or Rogue epics, but still.

Old 02-27-2003, 07:53 PM   #19
TalvaranRW

the ranger data was messed, almost all rangers on the glade concluded that they miscounted and that if you had your earthcaller and swiftwind they put you in twice so it's like you had 3 epics instead of 2

PS i have heard of rangers going over 100+ hate raids and no hate stone so SK's are not the only one
TalvaranRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 08:02 PM   #20
Zelgadis

What I'd like to know is... can those rangers who say they had over 100 mini raids and inny kills before they got theirs say that they're sure they got each and every inny and mini kill every time they spawned, and some other force didn't come by when they were up and the raid/ranger in question wasn't around to take them, thus the emerald possibly dropping and going to some other ranger? I mean, I can't really believe that for some reason, even though I do see it all the time on the Rangers Glade. Same thing with the Jade Reavers as well. But I suppose I'll have to check with some of the other rangers on Emarr with both epics for their experiences.

Old 02-27-2003, 08:47 PM   #21
Ariakkas

i'm a paladin, and i didn't finish my epic till i was lvl 60.

while getting the books is tough, once you have the books, the quest is riduculously easy.

theres no reason to stay 52 for books these days, same for bards.
Ariakkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:10 AM   #22
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I know someone who made 250+ drake kills before seeing that hide drop. He got his and another dropped within the next several Hate raids he attended.

The shaman epic is definitely one of the easier epics around. After what I'd consider only moderate effort, I'm two kills away from completing mine.

I'm just glad I'm not an SK.

Brigiid Darkwynd
Officer of The Appointed
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:43 AM   #23
Islington

They really need to add some more Pal/SK loot into the game... There just doesn't seem to be enough of it. Same goes for MNK/BST loot.
Islington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 06:40 AM   #24
Gurglespit

LOL
Old 02-28-2003, 06:44 AM   #25
Prefect

OMG, only 2 epics?

Try doing the mage epic or the necro epic. I'll need a large guild's help for the last few pieces of the mage epic, and the necro epic isn't even worth getting.

Nice to know that there are still people who get it all and still aren't satisfied. Must be from France.

"There are two tragedies in life. One is not getting what we want. The other is getting it."
Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote