Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Scammer Alert

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2001, 06:02 AM   #1
inomine

Default Has anyone fell for this?

Got ported to Commons last night, appeared and was about to run East when someone was inspecting me. Fair enough, not wanting to be rude I stayed still and let myself be luk'd over.

Then I gets a tell from this chap, and I apologise right now as I don't remember his name, asking me questions about Netted Kelp Leggins I'm wearin. I answer, he askes to inspect, I trade window him. So far so good. At that point his trade window goes green on me, and I gets a message sayin 'I'll give them right back....'

Danger Will Robinson, Danger.....

I reply, 'Dream On, Inspect Away, but they are staying with me'

Where upon he lols, we exchange a few plesantries and I run off giving him plenty of time to inspect of course. Now, Sounds like a scam, probably was, but has anyone actually gone

'Sure...' <click>.....hey, where'd you go ????

Lukhup Kuin, Street smart and wearin seaweed.....
Old 08-08-2001, 06:48 AM   #2
Norpin

I'd never even put it in the trade window unless it was an actual trade. If they just want to know the stats I can tell them what it is.
Old 08-08-2001, 06:48 AM   #3
Lanarie

I'll never forget the time (this is a long time ago) when I was hunting at a derv camp wearing my shiny new Flowing Black Robe and another party member was trying to goad me into giving him the robe so he could "see what it looked like on his character".

Naturally, I told him what he could go do to himself
Old 08-08-2001, 07:31 AM   #4
Kalaks

There also were scams, which used item fitting. Wurmslayer for one didn't fit all (or any?) containers and thus if there wasn't free main inventory slot available when trade was cancelled, it dropped to the ground.

Don't know what happens with regular item, if ALL your inventory slots are full.. prolly again back to the ground thing.

Old 08-08-2001, 10:33 AM   #5
Zelious Duskstalker

I let em inspect me all they want..i NEVER put anything in a trade window unless I intend to trade it.....when folks ask for stats....I usually tell em to look em up on the net..not to be rude...but most times i either dont have time...or just dont feel like typing...and my typing sux as it it
Old 08-08-2001, 12:58 PM   #6
Mayteira

Default HAMSTERS!!!!

WOOT!!! Hamster dance!!!! WOOT!!!
Old 08-12-2001, 03:01 AM   #7
Vakra

Default Re: HAMSTERS!!!!

I have heard of people losing items while being in trade window and going LD, maybe its not true, but I suggest only using trade windows for REAL trades, why risk it?