Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Scammer Alert

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2001, 05:09 PM   #1
ruler2

Default Bornalon/Mogdar

Here we go

me /auction Heiro Cloak

Him "I'll trade you a fungi for it straight up"

I say deal and we go to shady where he puts up his fungi, which i check and find out is a small cloth shirt in the trade window..i cancel and tell him the lag did it *lol* and he then puts up 7 spells and says "Put up your heiro and I'll put fungi"...So then i was laughing pretty hard and i proceeded to call him a dumbass piece of shit scammer...Well I had petitioned and once again, guide did NOTHING about it and I was the one who got the warning for the whole event..Well then bornalon logged and a guy named mogdar came in and shouted /ignore ruler =) in shout in EC...I assumed it was him but who knows...Isn't life grand...Anyway,just watch out for these guys

Old 08-09-2001, 06:44 PM   #2
Dranko5

Well Do =)
Old 08-10-2001, 04:49 AM   #3
Spyce Wrack

Well I had petitioned and once again, guide did NOTHING about it and I was the one who got the warning for the whole event
Its your attitude I think.
Old 08-10-2001, 07:49 AM   #4
Nuzum Witch Doctor

maybe telling the guide that his mom rides like a porsche wasnt a good thing?
Old 08-10-2001, 08:12 AM   #5
ruler2

Default Hold on

Hmmm ya /petitioning must be a bad attitude now days huh spyce. Nazum - im lost eheh
Old 08-10-2001, 07:52 PM   #6
Zyyn Wyndsu

Default Re: Hold on

I know Mogdar and he in no way would be associated with a scam. Dunno why he shouted to /ignore you but he wouldn't try to pull a scam on anyone.

Old 08-12-2001, 04:02 PM   #7
ruler2

Default ...

I have talked with all 3 of these people and worked the thing out. Apparently the account was stolen and I was sent proof. They currently know WHO did it and are looking into the situation.
Old 08-17-2001, 01:07 PM   #8
Mogdar

Ruler2, you haven't talked with or apologized to me. The one who's name and reputation you slandered with false and unsubstantiated information.

I was approached by someone other than you the night this supposedly happened and I told them then that my only involvement in this was that I was tired of hearing you moaning and groaning about it and therfore I sent an OOC that said /ooc /ignore ruler2. Which I did after I sent the ooc. I was merely in EC to buy fletching supplies and got tired of your persistent SHOUTING.

How anyone could interpret that I was involved in any way with whatever happened is beyond my logical comprehension. The only thing I can think of is that we're dealing with a bunch of imature kids here.

I'm proud of my Paladin heritage and try to play my character based on the Paladin image. My character and reputation is very important to me and I would never do anything to jeopardize that. I also will not stand for ANYONE questioning, doubting, and particularly not SMEARING the reputation I have fought so hard to build.

This situation demands a public apology.

Mogdar
41st Season Paladin of Rodcet Nife
Erollisi Marr Server
Old 08-18-2001, 10:38 AM   #9
ruler2

Default Hmmm

Mogdar...Hmmm..Lets see, bornalon logs, you show up RIGHT then, and this is ALL after ALL the chatting was DONE in ec by about 10 minutes and just type /ignore ruler2...and based on what bornalon had acted like to me it sounded like something he would do..and I dont give a damn about your paladin heritage
Old 08-18-2001, 10:39 AM   #10
ruler2

Default Oh and

I msged you about it but you were too much of an ass to answer me...Either that or you really did ignore me so how the hell am i suppose to apologize...It is kinda weird how you logged in RIGHT after he logged and you picked up on the conversation 10 mins late isnt it?
Old 08-18-2001, 10:58 AM   #11
Nuzum Witch Doctor

Default Eat some peanuts assmunches

BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH

yer mamma's a ho, yer daddies a pimp, and now you turned into a gimp.
Old 08-19-2001, 09:37 AM   #12
ruler2

Default Doh

Shouldnt it be mother was a god awful bitch and the daddy was a pimp? That sounds more like a gimp.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:53 AM   #13
Fadien Freespirit

Default Re: Doh

Doesn't it take a few seconds to get back to the Charecter select screen and log back in? You say right as he logged, Mogdar showed up. Isn't it possible that Mogdar was already logged in, and sick of your attitude, so decided to /ooc /ignore ruler?
Old 08-19-2001, 06:29 PM   #14
Raedwulf

Default Re: Doh

Sounds like you might have leaped to the wrong conclusion, Ruler. How do you know Mogdar wasn't in the zone hearing your comments about Bornaloon, and simply decided he didn't want to hear you any longer? Just because he didn't say anything before Bornaloon logged, doesn't mean he wasn't there.

In any event, his posts here seem to show too much intelligence to have made the huge mistake of logging and then commenting about a rant made toward his scamming alt. I think you might truly owe Mogdar an apology, which hasn't been made yet here.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:51 PM   #15
ruler2

Default Hmm

You guys dont understand, mogdar did his /ooc /ignore ruler about 5 or so minutes after our conversation was over...Bornalon had STAYED logged in all that time and was running around ec...i then did 2 consecutive /who bornalons and in the 2nd one he had logged, then about 20 seconds later I get the /ooc from mogdar who i hadnt even heard of before that
Old 08-20-2001, 04:26 PM   #16
Xerxese Stormcaster

Default Re: Hmm

/wave Ruler

Give up bro, there'll always be scammers and there'll always be innocent people who fall for their tricks, it's a vicious cycle I tell ya...

I do understand your frustration, and I think alerting the entire zone in EC is a good idea. If you dont like it and want to be scammed by the same swindler in the future go ahead and ignore Ruler, but I know I'll be listening to people who actually care about the EQ community.

Granted you may not be Barnalon...

Xerxese Stormcaster

Old 08-20-2001, 06:11 PM   #17
ruler2

Default =)

Thanks a bunch xerx - and Mog if I just grabbed your name out of god knows where and you have nothing to do with this - I'm truly sorry - I just think its a little suspicious =)
Old 08-30-2001, 11:25 AM   #18
Mogdar

I also understand your frustration with ANY scammer. I would be frustrated if it happened to me. I also understand that your apparent intent was not to spam the zone but to make everyone aware of this situation.

I accept your apology and join you in doing everything possible to stop this kind of activity in EQ. I very much enjoy playing this game, it's my "stress buster", and I hate it when anyone does anything like this to me or any other player.

I wish you the best. Be Safe and Good Hunting.