Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default T.O. OD'ed...

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....1fd220c5.html
NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE

According to a Dallas police report obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night.

The report says Owens, 32, was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. Owens broke his right hand in a Sept. 17 game against the Washington Redskins.

A woman told police she observed Owens putting two pills in his mouth.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

"This is stunning news; obviously and incredibly surprising that a man in this position would reach this level of depression," said WFAA-TV sports director Dale Hansen. "There's something terribly wrong here, and hopefully we'll find out as the day goes on."

Hansen said a source at the Cowboys' Valley Ranch headquarters told him that doors to all offices were closed.

A Dallas Cowboys spokesman told News 8 the team has no comment on the police report, nor is any news conference scheduled.

The player's publicist didn't immediately return calls for comment.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill—who mostly deals with troubled players—said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Monday, but did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

E-mail rlopez@wfaa.com
GD Drama queen...
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
No shit. I almost ruined my football career because of my bullshit antics so now I will try to draw sympathy from everyone. Drama queen indeed.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:40 AM   #3
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW come on now his life is so tough....... I mean pretty much totally healthy except for football injury's had a whole tough 18 years of living before he was GAVE a free education only to not have to use it because...... well he can play football and is a multi millionaire... how could a guy live like that.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:01 AM   #4
Rheaton

There are too many unanswered questions to this. We all know that T.O. is a drama queen..and a pain in the ass for anyone he plays for! ..But I am not ready to believe that this was an intentional suicide or anything like that. T.O. is too full of himself to take the easy way out..
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Rheaton
There are too many unanswered questions to this. We all know that T.O. is a drama queen..and a pain in the ass for anyone he plays for! ..But I am not ready to believe that this was an intentional suicide or anything like that. T.O. is too full of himself to take the easy way out..
Originally Posted by Dallasnews
The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."
Looks pretty cut & dried,,,
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Axgar

Actually there is a conference coming up and it isn't so cut and dried atm........ should know soon though.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Axgar
Actually there is a conference coming up and it isn't so cut and dried atm........ should know soon though.
I'll trust the police report over the spin-doctoring that'll go on in the next few days...
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #8
Axgar

the police had a press conference Drys, they said they don't know how the report got out and that they would not verify that it was true.........
Old 09-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #9
Foust Farseer

Saw this posted on another forum....

their speculation leads to closeted homosexuality.

i dont follow football at all so meh
Old 09-27-2006, 12:46 PM   #10
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Drysdale
I'll trust the police report over the spin-doctoring that'll go on in the next few days...

T.O. was released from the hospital without a physiological evaluation...or charges being pressed. Can anyone tell me if these are mandatory in the case of attempted suicide?
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:48 PM   #11
Foust Farseer

most laws have a caveat, roughly stating

"none of this applies if you're a million-dollar athlete, corporate demigod, or are otherwise entitled to celebrity status"
Old 09-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #12
Beal

Originally Posted by Ax
the police had a press conference Drys, they said they don't know how the report got out and that they would not verify that it was true.........
The report got out because a cop sold it to the media. (Keep in mind that we are probably not talking about the report itself getting out, but just a few details from it) As for why they won't verify it: lawyers.

Maybe this is bullshit but just keep in mind that everything from this point on will be scripted by lawyers and PR consultants.
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
Beal

most laws have a caveat, roughly stating

"none of this applies if you're a million-dollar athlete, corporate demigod, or are otherwise entitled to celebrity status"
Sadly this is probably true. T.O. has plenty of legal representation, capable of causing lots and lots of heartache for the authorities if they were to try and hold him for evaluation. Even if they are in the "right" on the issue, it isn't a battle worth fighting.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:24 PM   #14
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Beal
The report got out because a cop sold it to the media. (Keep in mind that we are probably not talking about the report itself getting out, but just a few details from it) As for why they won't verify it: lawyers.

Maybe this is bullshit but just keep in mind that everything from this point on will be scripted by lawyers and PR consultants.
Exactly my point. And Dallas has a history of protecting Cowboys... Even Mike "The Coke Machine" Irvin got a couple free passes.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #15
Axgar

no laws were broken anyway...... no illegal drugs as far as I know attempting suicide is not illegal, maybe it is but ive never heard of anyone being charged.

I also can almost guarantee you that if he took 35 hyrdocondone that he would not be out of the hospital yet, 500 mg will put you to sleep for a few hours, I dont think if he had his stomach pumped he would have been out of the hospital and at practice playing catch with Drew this morning.....

Its hard to say though, during the press conference he gave he was actually believable, his PR person (kim) on the other hand was visibly shaken and looked to be hiding something....... I will place a bet of 5mill plat that we will never get the totall truth though.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #16
Everclear

Who cares? This guy stealing media attention with his crap, meanwhile there are few things are aren't more headline worthy than this.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:55 PM   #17
Ini
Indestructible

In my juriisdictiion, whne we go to a suicide calll, We have the option once it becomes apparent they were trying to cause harm or death to themselves to place them in protective custody and apply for an evaluation and treatment period for them. No laywer yet has stood up to the judges signing it so, meh...

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #18
Wulfhere

I believe that in Texas, attempted suicide is indeed a criminal offense...as to whether charges are pressed, I think the chances of that in this case are very slim.

Wulf
Wulfhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #19
Tuan00Dorf

BTW the ESPN story says "It is not a crime in Texas to attempt suicide."
Old 09-27-2006, 09:38 PM   #20
Drysdale
RSS Feed

From what I've read, it's not a crime to attempt suicide in any state in the US anymore... The last 2 holdouts (according to Wiki, so take it for what it's worth) dropped it as a criminal offense in the 90s.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #21
Ini
Indestructible

It is not a crime in my state and to my knowledge has not been for a very long time. Longer than I have been alive.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #22
Beal

Originally Posted by Ini
In my juriisdictiion, whne we go to a suicide calll, We have the option once it becomes apparent they were trying to cause harm or death to themselves to place them in protective custody and apply for an evaluation and treatment period for them. No laywer yet has stood up to the judges signing it so, meh...
I doubt you have detained a suicide case with as much money and political power as Owens, however.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #23
Axgar

You know EC I really don't care for T.O. he is arrogant and he is not a man of his word (this is really the whole sports world, they apparently don't know what contracts mean) but in his defense, if the guy had blood in his stool after a bowel movement some reporter somewhere would probably be in the sewer system going through various T.O. flushes to see what he is eating.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #24
Misty
Do Not Disturb

So ...attempting to kill yourself is a crime because of its failure to solve society's problems, but if you whack yo' self stone dead it is'nt a problem.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:03 AM   #25
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Misty
So ...attempting to kill yourself is a crime because of its failure to solve society's problems, but if you whack yo' self stone dead it is'nt a problem.
I believe they just clarified that it is indeed NOT a crime to attempt suicide.

T.O. is a big fucking baby, plain and simple. When people stop paying attention to him, he cries louder. If I were a coach, I wouldn't care how talented he is, I would not want him on my team. It's players like him who sully the sport. I don't wish him dead, but I do wish he'd just go away.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote