Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
Inmountains

Default Private Boating is now Illegal in the US?!

http://www.ybw.com/ibinews/newsdesk/...23ibinews.html

Originally Posted by Article
In a rather bizarre ruling that has marine industry officials worried, Judge Robert G. James of the United States District Court, Western Division of Louisiana, has said that it is criminal trespass for the American boating public to boat, fish, or hunt on the Mississippi River and other navigable waters in the US.
Guess that means we trash our Jet Skis, See Doo's, Ski Boats, Bass Fishing Boats, canoe's, paddle boats, and any other private boat.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
Wulfhere

GOOD!

Secondary boating kills or injures hundreds of innocent people every year. there is no excuse for it, bout time they took away some more freedoms for the general safety of all!

Wulf
Wulfhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
SupportTank

theres No way in HELL that will stick.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
What the hell brought this on?

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:46 AM   #5
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Fuck the Mississippi river and the corps of engineers, in ND we can't even ride atv's on the beaches of lake sakajawea (missouri river system) the water is at its lowest level ever because we have to dump it all into the Mississippi river system to keep a couple barges afloat ect.

IF you want to know what brought it on you probably have to look no further than the local tree huggers, hell in ND you used to beable to go down to the lake and hunt for arrowheads....... now you pay a fine of 600 dollars if you pick one up, its a 500 dollar fine for driving down to the water to fish because..... well I don't exactly know why i guess its because the found some damn endangerd bird eggs in the area a long time ago and the tree huggers made a scene.

You may also beable to lay some of the blame of the Corps of Engineers (biggest government joke around(, they have a history of being the fun police and ruining recreation areas (in ND at least).
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:40 AM   #6
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I wonder if it doesn't have immigration or homeland security implications. Someone could get quite far inland via the Mississippi, maybe unnoticed.

From a conspiracy theory angle, our ability to freely move about the country gets more and more restricted every day. Look at every major form of travel out there - we've got to provide name, rank, and serial number and jump through a series of hoops just to go from Point A to Point B.

Here's one more method of transportation that's getting locked down.

Last edited by Brigiid; 09-19-2006 at 01:48 AM.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Brigiid
I wonder if it doesn't have immigration or homeland security implications. Someone could get quite far inland via the Mississippi, maybe unnoticed.
They do just fine with I-35. Why try to float instead?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:01 AM   #8
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Have you taken a look at the Mississippi river? Trust me, not many people are taking their jet skis out there. There's always a nice, big lake nearby.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:01 AM   #9
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Axgar
You may also beable to lay some of the blame of the Corps of Engineers (biggest government joke around(, they have a history of being the fun police and ruining recreation areas (in ND at least).
Fun-Bot

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:56 AM   #10
crimsonedge

This basically is just a difference in marking the farthest extent of the publics rights on the water.

The Magistrate Judge ruled the public could use the water up to the high water line while Judge James disagreed and said that they only have the right to use it up to the mean low water line. Jude James ruling is in agreement with U.S. riparian landowner rights and principles. This article is just blowing things out of proportion in my opinion.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:16 AM   #11
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by crimsonedge
This basically is just a difference in marking the farthest extent of the publics rights on the water.

The Magistrate Judge ruled the public could use the water up to the high water line while Judge James disagreed and said that they only have the right to use it up to the mean low water line. Jude James ruling is in agreement with U.S. riparian landowner rights and principles. This article is just blowing things out of proportion in my opinion.
A good and accurate assessment. Lots of shrieking, little substance.
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote