Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 11:54 PM   #76
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Naw Id rather have the kid brought up till he/she is 14 or so have mother finally tell father that he/she isnt his, have the kid go crazy and go shoot all of his/her classmates during class someday.........

if your going to go extreme may as well do it right... I mean teaching a kid that cheating and lieing has consequences.....why would we want to do that?
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #77
celedine169

Originally Posted by Everclear
Well maybe they can blow the mother up with firecrackers and roast hot dogs on her exploded head. Then the man can take the child and raise him as a communist who hates women.
You have no idea how happy that made me

Because when a mother gets child support, there's no chance that the mother will spend it on herself instead of her child.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #78
Everclear

There is that chance.... but there are consequences. One of my friends in highschool sued the hell out of her father for back child support... and another one sued the hell out of her mother for money that she spent on herself instead of on her child. We have to remember... "child support" technically belongs to the child... and if it's not given by either parent... the child has standing to come back to sue the hell out of you.... and the courts, in my experience, have little sympathy for a greedy parent, especially if the child wants that money for...oh..say ... college!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #79
celedine169

There is that chance.... but there are consequences. One of my friends in highschool sued the hell out of her father for back child support... and another one sued the hell out of her mother for money that she spent on herself instead of on her child. We have to remember... "child support" technically belongs to the child... and if it's not given by either parent... the child has standing to come back to sue the hell out of you.... and the courts, in my experience, have little sympathy for a greedy parent, especially if the child wants that money for...oh..say ... college!

So now if a child doesn't get an allowance s/he can sue his parents for back allowance? What if the parents can't afford to send their child to college, or they want the child to get a job first because they believe their child isn't ready for college? Should the court garnish their salaries so that Sally can get a free ride?
In the case of your friends, it sounds like they got what they deserved. Once you open that door a crack, though, the lawyers will push it open as far as they can. Litigation is totally out of hand.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #80
Everclear

no no.. it's not an allowance lol. It was court ordered child support. I am talking about a specified monthly allowance, that the COURT awards on behalf of the child.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #81
celedine169

no no.. it's not an allowance lol. It was court ordered child support. I am talking about a specified monthly allowance, that the COURT awards on behalf of the child.
Ah I see... all I could think of was Molly suing her parents for back allowance payments.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #82
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by celedine169
So now if a child doesn't get an allowance s/he can sue his parents for back allowance? What if the parents can't afford to send their child to college, or they want the child to get a job first because they believe their child isn't ready for college? Should the court garnish their salaries so that Sally can get a free ride?
In the case of your friends, it sounds like they got what they deserved. Once you open that door a crack, though, the lawyers will push it open as far as they can. Litigation is totally out of hand.
wher ethe hell do you get all your stories, you're full of shit.......oh wait you live in Oregon.

Child support is NOT the CHILDS money, the money belongs to the mother and is used to help support the child, except for going out and getting drunk on it or something to the liking of it almost everything can be attributed to supporting the child, she has to buy food, clothes, school supplies....... child support has NOTHING to do with saving money for college, I don't know where you get your ideas but your crazy if you think child support belongs to the child.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #83
Everclear

Here's a quote from a legal source

The entitlement of all children to be supported by their parents until the children reach the age of majority or become emancipated -- usually by marriage, by entry into the armed forces or by living independently. Many states also impose child support obligations on parents for a year or two beyond this point if the child is a full-time student. If the parents are living separately, they each must still support the children. Typically, the parent who has custody meets his or her support obligation through taking care of the child every day, while the other parent must make payments to the custodial parent on behalf of the child -- usually cash but sometimes other kinds of contributions.
It should be obvious. The court awards CHILD SUPPORT on behalf of the CHILD, not on behalf of the parent. Child support is the COURT acting on behalf of a child that cannot legally act for themselves. When a parent asks for child support he/she is asking on behalf of the child, because he/she has no legal standing or claim to the money. That is why the money is supposed to be used for the CHILD, and failure to do so can get the parent sued. It IS money awarded to fulfill the rights of the CHILD. Stop thinking in terms of women vs. men... the court isn't punishing a man or a woman... it is forcing payment to the legal custodian on behalf of the kid.