Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Default Peyton who?

The Pats are back- it's playoff time ladies.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
Inmountains

The Pats are a good team, no doubt. I just can't get past my HATE for them. Ever since the Raiders had that SNOW game stolen from them on that Tom Brady fumble, I just can't stand them. BUT, they are a good team.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Inmountains
The Pats are a good team, no doubt. I just can't get past my HATE for them. Ever since the Raiders had that SNOW game stolen from them on that Tom Brady fumble, I just can't stand them. BUT, they are a good team.
Wasn't a fumble though.

I agree the rule is absurd, but they made the right call.

I'm glad we get Pittsburgh, despite the fact that the Jets or Broncos would have been far easier opponents. The Steelers talk a lot of shit for a team that hasn't won a super bowl in over 20 years. Will be a tough game- sure wish it was going to be in Foxboro. Doesn't help that I spent my freshman year of college in Pittsburgh- god I hated Steeler fans
Old 01-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Muahaha Steelers fans are kick ass, just as die hard as any other fan out there. Honestly, Steelers are way overdue, they are a damn solid team this year no denying that.

I hope they make it to the big dance and win it all

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:36 PM   #5
Netura

Send a message via AIM to Netura
Muahaha Steelers fans are kick ass, just as die hard as any other fan out there
as diehard as redsox fans?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

actually, one weird thing about my brief occupation of western pennsylvania is that it always seemed they cared more about high school football than college or pro. was weird- i played football for my town and all, but i don't follow HS ball with any more than passing interest now- those guys loved it.

the steelers have a great D, a great running back, and one of the most over-hyped over-rated young QBs in a while. I hope the Pats break him bloodsport-style
Old 01-17-2005, 04:22 AM   #7
Inmountains

Horm, as a Patriot fan, of course you would say it was the right call. But if that were Gannon, you would say it was a fumble. Brady was trying to tuck the ball and dropped it, it wasn't even close to a pass attempt.

Steelers vs. Patriots, have to root for the Pats, can't stand Cower(d). Of the four teams left, hate to say it, but I have to root for the Pats.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:31 AM   #8
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
The Pats are back- it's playoff time ladies.
Uh, the Pats never left. Yesterday's vicroty came as no surprise to me, although I did expect the Colts to do better than that.

With all the offensive talent playing yesterday, who woulda thought the stars would be a couple of linebackers. Teddy Bruschi and Jeremiah Trotter were a couple of madmen. I don't even know why we have the championship games this year; if it isn't the Pats vs. the Eagles in the big game, I will be VERY surprised.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:33 AM   #9
Wildane

Oh, and as far as the Pats/Raiders thing goes, everybody knows that Brady was bringing the ball back in, not throwing it. The Pats were lucky that day.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-17-2005, 08:01 AM   #10
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Inmountains
Horm, as a Patriot fan, of course you would say it was the right call. But if that were Gannon, you would say it was a fumble. Brady was trying to tuck the ball and dropped it, it wasn't even close to a pass attempt.

Steelers vs. Patriots, have to root for the Pats, can't stand Cower(d). Of the four teams left, hate to say it, but I have to root for the Pats.
No, as a person who can understand the rule, I would state it wasn't a fumble. I don't blame you for your frustration and would have been livid myself it was the other way around- until I read and understood the rule that is- and then I'd have sighed deeply and got the fuck over it. Again- I agree it's a garbage rule (which I think they tweaked didn't they?), but at the time, the ref's made the right call. That's a fact. And Wildane, I agree, he was bringing it in- but the rule says it wasn't a fumble, so it wasn't- there's no wiggle room here- the call was 100% correct. The only thing we were lucky about is that there was a ref who was well-versed enough in the obscurities of the NFL rulebook to have the balls to make the right call at such a crucial time in the game. Keep crying about it though- I just hope you enjoyed watching us win the super bowl

Originally Posted by Wildane
Uh, the Pats never left. Yesterday's vicroty came as no surprise to me, although I did expect the Colts to do better than that.
You might want to speak to the national sports media then- as it was widely assumed the Colts would simply be too much for our injury riddled secondary. Some polesmoker on ESPN earlier this week brought on pre-printed (his own, not the Colts') Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl champion t-shirts. What the experts just don't seem willing to face is that Manning=Marino. Come January it's just a matter of when he'll lose, not if. Couple that with going against the best-coached team in pro sports in winter conditions after playing 8+ games coddled in the protection of a dome (indoor football is for pussies) and it's a recipe for a whooping.

Next week will be a great game- I'm not making any predictions as to a winner. I think we're a better football team but the fact is they beat the shit out of us in week 7 so who knows. Two teams who really don't like each other, 1 with recent SB pedigree and the other trying to prove it belongs again. It's going to be delicious.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:16 AM   #11
ShardmoonVer.1

Heh, the national media was doing what? No wonder you guys up in Mass. keep voting for Kennedy and cant figure out the rest of the country's mood in an election, your delusional. No one picked the Colts to win that game (and they were right).

The Steelers game this weekend should be fun to watch. I predict of score of 6 to negative 2.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:01 AM   #12
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

ESPN's Daily Quickie picked the Colts
SportingNews.com's WarRoom picked the Colts
Chicago Sun Times' Jeff Agrest picked the Colts
Pete Prisco picked the Colts
4 of the 6 analysts (Prisco included) on CBS sportsline picked the Colts
etc....

You were saying?

I don't doubt I have somewhat of a persecution complex regarding pro sports in my area, but there was a significant movement nationally that already had the Colts booked for Florida on SB weekend at the expense of NE and Pitt and *loads* of people played the doubt game on NE's D.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:20 PM   #13
ShardmoonVer.1

What was the line on the game again? Talking heads mean squat and thats why most serious sports fans ignore them. The Patriots were only underdogs in their minds.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:06 AM   #14
Tarvok

The Pats Defence won that game, they shut down an incredible offence.

Brady DID fumble against the Raiders. Yes I am a Raider fan and yes I am still bitter lol

I dont think Rothlesberg is that overrated, he led his team ( the entire team was awsome this year ) to 15 straight wins. The pressure did seem to get to him last week, game could have gone either way.

I think Atlanta VS. The Patriots will be this years final combatants.

Tarvok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:59 AM   #15
Wildane

ESPN's Daily Quickie picked the Colts
SportingNews.com's WarRoom picked the Colts
Chicago Sun Times' Jeff Agrest picked the Colts
Pete Prisco picked the Colts
4 of the 6 analysts (Prisco included) on CBS sportsline picked the Colts
etc....

You were saying?
Yeah, and these same jackasses year in and year out pick the Raiders to go to the Super Bowl every year. Hell, I don't trust CBS anyway. Any company that would continue to let Phil Simms color-commentate on games needs to have their collective heads examined. Simms was a great quarterback, but he sucks as an announcer. What gets me is that every time there is a challenge on the field, and he "analyzes" the footage, he is always WRONG! And in a lot of the cases, it is very clear that he's wrong. I laughed me ass off the other day when he said he wouldn't wait to call the rulebook folks the next morning to complain about a call. I would say gimme Fox announcers any day, but John Madden owns all.

Old 01-18-2005, 05:10 AM   #16
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
OMG I can't stand John Madden, blah blah blah, turkey gravy chicken, blah blah blah, on for give minutes about some players shoes. blah blah blah, turkey gravy chicken.

He rambles about nothing. I wish there weren't announcers, just the game. Hell half the time I hit mute and just watch the game. So much easier that way.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:39 AM   #17
Caelie123

Go Falcons...
Old 01-18-2005, 06:46 AM   #18
Walterscott

The Colts vs. Pat's game was the Super Bowl for all intents and purposes. Those were the 2 best teams in the league. I know the Steelers won 15 in a row, but they did so very ugly at times. They won't beat the Pat's a 2nd time. Especially since Corey Dillon is playing this time around.

The NFC just plain sucked this year.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #19
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Wildane
Yeah, and these same jackasses year in and year out pick the Raiders to go to the Super Bowl every year. Hell, I don't trust CBS anyway. Any company that would continue to let Phil Simms color-commentate on games needs to have their collective heads examined. Simms was a great quarterback, but he sucks as an announcer. What gets me is that every time there is a challenge on the field, and he "analyzes" the footage, he is always WRONG! And in a lot of the cases, it is very clear that he's wrong. I laughed me ass off the other day when he said he wouldn't wait to call the rulebook folks the next morning to complain about a call. I would say gimme Fox announcers any day, but John Madden owns all.
I didn't say they were good or relevant picks- I merely pointed them out to dissuade Shardmoon of his idea that "nobody picked the Colts."

And yes, Simms is a bonehead.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:15 AM   #20
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
god I hated Steeler fans
Another thing you and I agree on.

Try being from Terry Bradshaw's home town.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #21
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Flub Man
Another thing you and I agree on.

Try being from Terry Bradshaw's home town.
Stern had a bunch of Steelertards call in today about what a complete team they have. After a mediocre performance like Saturday's (any team not coached by a pussy like Herm Edwards would have given their kicker a few more yards), the arrogance is infuriating.

If we think they're bad now, they will be absofuckinglutely insufferable if they manage to take the title this year.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #22
Inmountains

"The NFC just plain sucked this year."
Walterscott

YEA, and water is wet!