Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 05:19 PM   #26
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Chiteng
I AM high
There ya have it folks!

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #27
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Alauradana
Actually I consider you to be one of the lowest on the board. You were all against Iraq until you decided to hang your personal misgivings on Bush. Now you use democrat smut going against your own convictions to go against this man. At least Vireil, Horm and the other liberals on this board believe in what they stand for and are not using it for a one-man slander campaign. I don't consider you high and mighty when you won't help yourself first.

P.S. Doing anything is better than nothing, it is obvious you haven't figured that out.
I have no idea what you are talking about Ala. I have NEVER changed a position on this board. You can ask Kanya for example.

I can dislike Iraq under SH AND at the same time Dislike Bush Jr.
What a surprise!

I have no idea what you are calling 'Democrat Smut'
Nor have I betrayed any of my convictions.

No wasting BILLIONS of dollars and failing is NOT better than doing nothing.
Because you piss even MORE people off, create MORE enemies, and you dont solve the problem.

That is EXACTLY what I dislike the most about Bush Jr.

But he won the election, and it is HIS war now. He will NEVER escape.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #28
korast

Chiteng is right about one thing, he has always been a crazed liberal nutcase.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #29
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by korast
Chiteng is right about one thing, he has always been a crazed liberal nutcase.

Yes, so many liberals recommend sterilization of Iran.

Jump on the wagon Korast =)

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 01-12-2005, 06:01 PM   #30
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

***He did not lie. He was wrong. Everytime you are wrong does that mean you lie?
Old 01-12-2005, 06:22 PM   #31
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by chukzombi
***He did not lie. He was wrong. Everytime you are wrong does that mean you lie?
It does if he made decisions, knowing in advance that he could claim error.
Yes Chuk, that IS lying.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #32
Vireil
Disturbing the force

Ario,

30 fighter aircraft... yes, a considerable air force worth reckoning with.

The original intent of these zones was to protect the rebellious Iraqi minorities (Kurds and Shiite Muslims) in northern and southern Iraq, respectively. The Coalition was permitted to fly warplanes over these zones to prevent Saddam Hussein's government from using military aircraft to attack these minorities. As time progressed though, the No-Fly Zones became a means for the Allies to force Iraq to comply with UN and Coalition demands, often related to the status of the weapons inspectors.
So according to your source, the no-fly zones were set up to protect the oppressed peoples in the north and south of Iraq, not as a leverage to enforce UN resolutions, which it morphed into after 9/11, which incidentally Iraq had nothing to do with...

As tensions mounted after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, the possibility of a major escalation between Iraq and the U.S. increased dramatically, and the violence in the No-Fly Zone increased in preparation for the beginning of the Third Persian Gulf War: "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

Yes,
Saddam pocketed BILLIONS
That is SADDAM personally, not the economy of Iraq, which by the way is still in the toilet.

The administration lied, and is still lying. Too bad you folks are living in denial.
Vireil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #33
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
It's not worth it guys. Every time an old rationale goes out the window they just make up a new one. It's WMD.. no, wait, it's because they were connected to 9/11, no, wait, it's because there's terrorists there...

Can't believe any of them had the audacity to claim that John Kerry wasn't firm on any of his principles.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:01 PM   #34
Komron

So if I said I had a bomb, and the police searched my house and found nothing, shame on the police?
Except the police didnt search your house they bombed it ..that would be a more accurate metaphor

Komron
Komron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:20 PM   #35
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

OH the little boy misses the short bus again! If you read carefully instead of going on some tangent about blindly following, you would know what the hell I was talking about. How can you sit there and say you support the troops and not give a shit that they were shot at for 12 years with no repercussions to the people who were shooting at them?
Maybe because there were repurcussions? You know, in the form of bombs? Or did you not know we bombed Iraq with regularity over those years?

The only reason you pull that crap about I support the troops but not the cause is because you liberals finally got blasted in the present day for the way the Vietnam vets were treated when they came home.
I'm 26 and you want to hold me accountable for how Vietnam vets were treated when they came home? Ummm, how bout licking my balls instead?

You don't give a shit about any of the pilots that were shot at flying the no-fly zone. You honestly sit there and say we had no right to defend those pilots and go into Iraq? You think that we should have left Iraq alone after 12 years of that bullshit?
I don't? You sure suck at mindreading bitch. There's a big fucking difference between patrolling a no-fly zone and going to war- I never had a problem with our planes firing back during the sanction years. Christ you are slow.

Go tell that to any of those pilots who were shot at. They believe in this war, as do most military I know. The vast majority of the military believe in this war, and it is sad that they are dying for someone you like to defend and claim was not so bad--because you think Saddam should still be in power after all he has done. Grow up and come back when you aren't such a pansy.
When did I say Saddam should be in power? You should really either put up some quotes or shut the fuck up- you've earned your nickname well Aliar.

I think it's symptomatic of your party really- you'll take any means to your end regardless of morals/ethics (which is ironic given your absurd claims to taking the moral "high" ground on social issues). You and your ilk have perverted the notion of patriotism in such a way over these past few years that I fear for the kids brought up in households of worthless cunts like you because they have been royally mindfucked and may never know what patriotism really meant over the course of history in our country.

Good point Fanon- these lying douchebags will pretty much say anything at this point.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:47 AM   #36
Heretic

You would be the first one bitching if we didn't do anything and they attacked another country
If they attacked another country, that might maybe give us a reason to attack. Attacking them just because they might do so is bullshit.

Did you forget he didn't allow inspectors into verify that his WMD were destroyed?
Originally Posted by Vireil
The weapons inspectors were on the ground in Iraq, doing their job up until the point where the UN evacuated right before Bush launched the invasion.
Vireil got you there. Of course he blocked inspectors in years past, but they finally got in.

We knew he HAD them.
We should, we gave some to him.

You forget that most democrats on that day defended the president. Later, they accused him of lying.
I agree. The Dems dropped the ball by not fighting for the 2000 election, when it came to the patriot act,when it came to the Iraq war, and when it came to nominating Kerry. The Dems are not blameless in these last few years for helping fuck up the country.

I see posts on here saying, "I support the soldiers but I don't support the reason they are there".
I used to feel that way. Now I realize that these guys signed up, and are STILL signing up for the military. I don't wish them harm, but I don't support them anymore.

The vast majority of the military believe in this war
Exactly.

it is sad that they are dying for someone you like to defend and claim was not so bad
Here we go again. They are NOT dying for our freedom.

If I came up and punched you in the face repeatedly, I guess you would stand there and take it? Would you try and talk me out of it? What would you do after 12 years of it?
I would probably learn to leave you the fuck alone. If I came near you after a few punches, I should expect more.

Originally Posted by Aluaradana
Either way, you are making YOUR country look bad
The government and military are doing a good enough job as it is.

You despise Bush because he had the balls to do what your democratic pressie couldn't.
Start a ground war and get 1300+ of our troops killed? You got him there.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:51 AM   #37
Alauradana

Originally Posted by Komron
Except the police didnt search your house they bombed it ..that would be a more accurate metaphor

Komron

UNSCOM went in and bombed? What the hell do you think they were trying to do for 12 years? Do you just conveniently forget history when you want or just ignore it to make your point?
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 AM   #38
Alauradana

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Maybe because there were repurcussions? You know, in the form of bombs? Or did you not know we bombed Iraq with regularity over those years?

I'm 26 and you want to hold me accountable for how Vietnam vets were treated when they came home? Ummm, how bout licking my balls instead?

I don't? You sure suck at mindreading bitch. There's a big fucking difference between patrolling a no-fly zone and going to war- I never had a problem with our planes firing back during the sanction years. Christ you are slow.

When did I say Saddam should be in power? You should really either put up some quotes or shut the fuck up- you've earned your nickname well Aliar.

I think it's symptomatic of your party really- you'll take any means to your end regardless of morals/ethics (which is ironic given your absurd claims to taking the moral "high" ground on social issues). You and your ilk have perverted the notion of patriotism in such a way over these past few years that I fear for the kids brought up in households of worthless cunts like you because they have been royally mindfucked and may never know what patriotism really meant over the course of history in our country.

Good point Fanon- these lying douchebags will pretty much say anything at this point.

Actually you are proving my point futher Horm. When the Gulf War ended, it was done so by sanctions placed on that country by the UN for invading Kuwait. Same as punishing a kid for bad behavior. They were put in place to keep Iraq in check. Iraq consistently violated those sanctions for 12 years. I am glad you can acknowledge that Iraq did. What cracks me up is you and the UN bandwagon that feels that Iraq didn't deserve to have anything done to them after flagrantly violating the rules for all that time. What is the point of having sanctions in place if they aren't enforced??? Saddam had no respect for the UN or any of the sanctions against him. He did what he wanted the whole time. He was a loose cannon--he bluffed, he got caught.

The democrats ran heavily on Vietnam this campaign, after they were the ones shunning the vets during the Vietnam years. If you keep company with such lovely people, then yes, I consider you part of them. Make up your mind, one day your on here claiming your old enough and you know everything, now you try and use your age as to your ignorance. You didn't know that the protesters during that era were liberals? The shocking thing is for them to come back now and use it as a political platform and it is even more sickening to hear a liberal say, "I support the troops, not the cause". Well the troops believe in their cause, they are over there fighting. So what exactly do you support? You don't support the job they are doing. You are stuck in the world of political correctness, only because it smacked you in the face many years ago. You choose your political preferences, not me.

Go ahead and carry on with the name calling--that has always been the dead giveaway to your age anyway. You can't post one message here without getting disgusting.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:13 AM   #39
Alauradana

Originally Posted by Heretic
If they attacked another country, that might maybe give us a reason to attack. Attacking them just because they might do so is bullshit.
Hmmm....how many countries should they attack before we go in? Two, three? They had already attacked one, had sanctions placed against them and ignored all the sanctions. Where were you when this was going on? Or are you like Horm and now going to claim you weren't old enough to know?

Vireil got you there. Of course he blocked inspectors in years past, but they finally got in
Oh, back to the kiddie game of tallies. Yeah! The reason we demanded actions was because he repeatedly blocked inspectors, clear up to the end. HELLO!

We should, we gave some to him.
Oh yes, I am sure we were busy giving him WMDs when we told him to get rid of them

I agree. The Dems dropped the ball by not fighting for the 2000 election, when it came to the patriot act,when it came to the Iraq war, and when it came to nominating Kerry. The Dems are not blameless in these last few years for helping fuck up the country.
Yes, the dems are not blameless, they were in for 8 of the 12 years that Saddam sat there and ignored the UN resolutions and they did nothing.

I used to feel that way. Now I realize that these guys signed up, and are STILL signing up for the military. I don't wish them harm, but I don't support them anymore.
Well at least you stand for your convictions and don't waste time being politically correct. I don't know too many liberals who WILL join up and serve their country. I think most think that is below them.

Here we go again. They are NOT dying for our freedom.
That is where you are wrong, if we sit back and do nothing, let the dictators run this world, eventually they will have enough power that we will be under them as well. The problem is that people don't realize that freedom is not just about protecting yourself if you're attacked, it is about being proactive and preventing rogue nations from going around attacking others. Part of being a world power.

I would probably learn to leave you the fuck alone. If I came near you after a few punches, I should expect more.
Exactly what happened in Germany. Someone is doing something terrible so you walk away and leave them alone to carry on doing it to someone else. My god you are so admirable!

The government and military are doing a good enough job as it is.
I agree we are doing an admirable job, the UN are too corrupt to do theirs so someone has to do it.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:30 AM   #40
Zelious

Baaah Baaaaaah

Its time to have yer wool sheared
Old 01-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #41
Foust Farseer

Hmmm....how many countries should they attack before we go in? Two, three? They had already attacked one, had sanctions placed against them and ignored all the sanctions. Where were you when this was going on? Or are you like Horm and now going to claim you weren't old enough to know?
Well then lets go take out China, Russia, Japan since they bombed pearl harbor, they might do it again, england for the revolutionary war, we're still a little pissed off at them, france needs to pay for what napoleon did, germany needs to pay some more for ww2, rome should burn for the mass amount of death and destruction they brought...

Iraqi troops fired at american planes and we shot cruise missiles at them. Even exchange, no? First Iraq was about ties to Osama, then it was about WMD, then it was about supporting terrorism, then it was about freeing the Iraqi people, now it's about...our freedom? What kind of circular reasoning brought you to that conclusion?

Iraq supported terrorists the way we support terrorists, there was never a link between saddam and osama, there is no WMD, the Iraqi people aren't free...so, what is it now?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #42
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Goddamn, are we STILL talking about this shit? We are in Iraq. Whatever the reasons were, that does not change the reality of today. What we need to worry about now is how to get out of the country losing as few people as possible, but leaving behind a relatively stable government. We destroyed a corrupt regime, the least we can do is help set up some sort of order. Now, if you want to keep talking about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, be my guest, but it is POINTLESS to do so, even by internet message board standards.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #43
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Actually you are proving my point futher Horm. When the Gulf War ended, it was done so by sanctions placed on that country by the UN for invading Kuwait. Same as punishing a kid for bad behavior. They were put in place to keep Iraq in check. Iraq consistently violated those sanctions for 12 years. I am glad you can acknowledge that Iraq did. What cracks me up is you and the UN bandwagon that feels that Iraq didn't deserve to have anything done to them after flagrantly violating the rules for all that time. What is the point of having sanctions in place if they aren't enforced??? Saddam had no respect for the UN or any of the sanctions against him. He did what he wanted the whole time. He was a loose cannon--he bluffed, he got caught.
Sanctions weren't enforced? Last I knew there were weapon inspectors there, planes patrolling a no-fly zone firing when fired upon, and a stringent economic embargo in place (notwithstanding the apparent abuse by some in the oil-for-food scandal).

As for this "UN bandwagon" you speak of, I don't see it. Nobody on this board is terribly rah-rah about the UN- a few of us simply find it hilarious how wet your panties get whenever those two letters are written someplace.

I haven't proven your point in any way- I've merely further demonstrated what a dolt you are.

The democrats ran heavily on Vietnam this campaign, after they were the ones shunning the vets during the Vietnam years. If you keep company with such lovely people, then yes, I consider you part of them. Make up your mind, one day your on here claiming your old enough and you know everything, now you try and use your age as to your ignorance. You didn't know that the protesters during that era were liberals? The shocking thing is for them to come back now and use it as a political platform and it is even more sickening to hear a liberal say, "I support the troops, not the cause". Well the troops believe in their cause, they are over there fighting. So what exactly do you support? You don't support the job they are doing. You are stuck in the world of political correctness, only because it smacked you in the face many years ago. You choose your political preferences, not me.
SOME democrats shunned the vets- how fucking much of a simpleton can you be? As to my being a part of that, I don't see how you could possibly make the association- I'm no more a part of that than I am the old south democrats who opposed the civil rights movement. Ignorance, thy name is Aliardana.

I certainly do support the troops- I have friends over there right now and I hope like hell they'll come home safe- but that has ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING to do with my support or lack thereof for this administration and its terrible decision-making. I forget if you have kids or not (christ I hope not- those genes should die with you), but here's an analogy- you love your kids, you support your kids, but you don't support their doing drugs, beating up people at school, or other things you consider wrong. Why is this so hard for you? I'd pity you if you weren't such a poor excuse for a human being.

Go ahead and carry on with the name calling--that has always been the dead giveaway to your age anyway. You can't post one message here without getting disgusting.
Yeah, because adults never curse. Fuck off cunt.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:55 PM   #44
ShardmoonVer.1

Its a good war with good reasons, too bad you cant see past your personal politics and see that.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #45
Vireil
Disturbing the force

If it were a good war, with good reasons, countries would be joining, rather than leaving the coalition.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #46
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

It always amazes me how much these moonbats love saddam hussuein and Iraqs killers
Old 01-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #47
Alauradana

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
I forget if you have kids or not (christ I hope not- those genes should die with you), but here's an analogy- you love your kids, you support your kids, but you don't support their doing drugs, beating up people at school, or other things you consider wrong. Why is this so hard for you? I'd pity you if you weren't such a poor excuse for a human being.

Yeah, because adults never curse. Fuck off cunt.

You equate our soldiers joining the military as doing drugs, beating up people at school?????? Just how fucked are you? Maybe if you got off Daddy's coat tails, tried to live in the real world you wouldn't have such a distorted view. Shame on you, go back and comfort yourself with a lolly.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #48
Alauradana

Originally Posted by Wildane
Goddamn, are we STILL talking about this shit? We are in Iraq. Whatever the reasons were, that does not change the reality of today. What we need to worry about now is how to get out of the country losing as few people as possible, but leaving behind a relatively stable government. We destroyed a corrupt regime, the least we can do is help set up some sort of order. Now, if you want to keep talking about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, be my guest, but it is POINTLESS to do so, even by internet message board standards.

/agree We are in Iraq, Bush is our president, the majority of this country is happy with our direction--the minority needs to get over it.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:13 PM   #49
Vireil
Disturbing the force

You sound more and more like the poster child for Battered Wife Syndrome
Old 01-13-2005, 02:41 PM   #50
Chiteng
Supporter

/agree We are in Iraq, Bush is our president, the majority of this country is happy with our direction--the minority needs to get over it.
That is NOT the case. That is YOUR illusion.
Dont confuse election outcome, with policy agreement. They are NOT the same.

Voltaire

French Priest