Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 07:29 AM   #1
Veo

Default Surprise snow stuns N. Carolina

I can't but help and laugh at people who think they're immune to snow and don't think about planning for it.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/01/2....ap/index.html

Originally Posted by Bill Engvall
[in Texas] ::Wally the Weatherman interrupts the TV show::
Wally: An inch of snow is headed for your area! Steal food, horde gas! Enough snow to make a footprint is headed your way! If you are an elderly American, you will not make it.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:54 AM   #2
Zelious

I live in NC....was born in Mass, and I think its funny how schools and things will shut done for less than an inch of snow

I lived in New Orleans for 2 yrs too and it snowed once there and the city was almost paralyzed LOL
Old 01-21-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

/shrug Down here, it doesn't snow often enough to justify things like snow plows, snow tires or chains, or any of the other methods that you Yankees take for granted. Besides, we only shut down schools if the roads are icy.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

/snicker

I just wish that as long as you southerners are pussies with regard to snow that up here we be allowed to be pussies with regard to the heat to get a few extra days off from school/work . Any day over 80 degrees and we immediately declare a state of emergency and make a run on sandals, sun screen and margarita components. Dear God help us-it'll be chaos!!!

Instead we simply manage to cope with all weather, from 25 below windchills and blizzards to 95/100 degree August heat. I actually like that about the Northeast- the full spectrum of weather. I'd miss the snow if I moved south and I'd miss the warm weather if I moved further north.

I would understand a southern community shutting down for a real snow storm that required steady plowing etc, but a community falling to pieces over 1 inch is simply retarded. For one inch you don't even need to salt the roads let alone plow them or be concerned with snow tires or snow chains.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #5
Eltherion

Its the fact we dont get just one inch of snow, we get one inch of snow and 3 to 4 of ice .. and since we do not put tax payer money to salt trucks and the like that we use once every few years here in north georgia its easier to just "if the roads are bad" dont drive in to work.. Honestly i belive its part of the life is just slower down here.

One of the guys i work with was born and raised in new york few years ago we got the one inch of snow and then hidden ice below that but he felt oh its just snow i can drive .. 20 mins later and a wrecked car he now enjoys the day off.
Eltherion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:39 AM   #6
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Eltherion
Its the fact we dont get just one inch of snow, we get one inch of snow and 3 to 4 of ice .. and since we do not put tax payer money to salt trucks and the like that we use once every few years here in north georgia its easier to just "if the roads are bad" dont drive in to work.. Honestly i belive its part of the life is just slower down here.
Life? I thought it was just the people?

One of the guys i work with was born and raised in new york few years ago we got the one inch of snow and then hidden ice below that but he felt oh its just snow i can drive .. 20 mins later and a wrecked car he now enjoys the day off.
If he was born and raised in NYC I'm not surprised. If he's from upstate NY I'd be shocked- Buffalo or Rochester make Boston look like a tropical paradise this time of year
Old 01-21-2005, 11:54 AM   #7
Foust Farseer

sounds like seattle.

if the air even SMELLS of snow, everything just stops. it gets all quiet you'd think it was the apocalypse or something.