Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2002, 04:07 AM   #1
RazerZedgeEmarr

Default is this the Manaburn post that caused the nerf? hmmm

was reading through the Everquest Realm board, in the "Ask the Dev Team" section, and I came across a post titled "Manaburn must be changed" from August 23rd. it points out how on the Rathe server there are a bunch of manaburn wizzies who joined together to manaburn everything they could, and I guess angered a lot of people.

I thought it was funny how this post was made in the dev section, and then lookie here, manaburn is getting nerfed. Someone also jokingly made a post about nerfing Cheal, and so they did :P

I am gonna scan through and look for mod-rod and monk connections :P
Old 10-14-2002, 04:09 AM   #2
RazerZedgeEmarr

ooh check this out, someone posted with a couple idea he had to change manaburn, and I guess his second idea is what they did...

This option makes it harder for manaburn wizards to take down these mobs but not impossible - Make manaburn leave a non-stackable debuff icon on the mob for a limited duration. I'm not saying a big duration of 3-5 minutes, just a short one such as 1-2 minutes. This will still allow manaburn to be used on the mobs it was designed for as those fights take excessive amounts of time even with manaburn as it currently is, just means the wizards will have to co-ordinate their blasts rather than casting all at once. For the Kunark dragons as an example, it would make the encounter MUCH more difficult, but should still be possible.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:26 AM   #3
Suicidal Slayne

While the deathsquad manaburn wizards arent exactly new news, its not really a nerf too CH for clerics. You realize just how many tanks actually break 7.5k? What, 5...if that? Its not really much of a nerf when its not effecting anyone.

Some wizards went overboard with their powers, the fact a group could solo gore and many other mobs did make people angry. Its not exactly a shocker that Verant would eventually get too them.

~Slayne