Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2003, 10:44 AM   #1
Aackman

Default Some Notable Bush Accomplishments

A writer named Kelly Kramer recently compiled a ‘resume’ for George W. Bush. In it, she listed his central accomplishments. Among them are:

Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history;

Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period;

Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market;

First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history;

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history;

In his first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs;

Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history;

Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history;

Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history;

Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed;

Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans;

Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest a sitting American President, shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind;

Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history;

First president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt;

Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world;

First president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation;

Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States;

Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history;

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission;

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board;

All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations;

Biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation);

Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history;

First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1);

Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history);

With a policy of 'disengagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years;

Fist US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view his presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability;

First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea;

Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts;

Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts;

Failed to fulfill his pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive';

Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months he has no leads and zero suspects;

In the 18 months following the 911 attacks he successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States;

Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history;

Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category straight down.
This is an edited list.

I will look to support another candidate in 2004.

edited to try and fix typo in "Accomplishments"
Aackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 12:07 PM   #2
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Perhaps you woud be better off doing a little research of your own instead of assuming all those things to be Bush's fault. This writer/journalist/fictional storywriter that you quote has alterior motives and I'm surprised that you missed one main thing. 90% of the things in that list were a direct result of actions/policy from the Clinton administration, and had started to occur months before Bush ever took office. You can't blame him for all the countries problems since most of them were inherited from the lax years preceeding him. I prefer to just cheer as he slowly remedies the woes our previous administration dumped on us before.

Trith
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
Trith

BTW i went back and actually finished reading some of the things on that list and I found them to be truly humerous. It's a wonderful list when you read it for what it really is..humor.

It's a damn shame opinions and moronic liberal ideals get passed off as journalism these days. I bet that didn't run under an op-ed either did it? If not..it's grounds for slander as it is about 3/4 straightforward dillusional lies, and 1/4 twisting and deliberate misinterpretation of truthful events in history.

Trith
Old 05-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #4
bumbleroot

Ok- so what you are saying Trith is that he will only take credit but not blame. Hardly a strong character. Who was it that said "the buck stops here"?

Tell me how, with this many failures Dubya can pass the buck on all of this. There is an awful lot. Starting with the economy and his philosophy that the deficit doesn't matter. Clinton was a surplus hawk and showed it. Dubya said that was all bullshit and decided to ignore the surplus. Don't blame that on Clinton. If you want to blame the deficit on Clinton, I suppose you could blame the surplus on him as well, heck blame everything on Clinton since Bush is infallible.

The following is a fact-
Every Democratic President in the 20th century presided over deficit loss. Every Republican president presided over deficit gain.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 12:36 PM   #5
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
Hey Aackman is this anything like that abriged speech from george Sr. you posted?
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 12:37 PM   #6
Trith

I'm not stating that he hasn't made mistakes. I'm stating that the crap listed above as "true accomplishments" is about 99% horseshit if you know the actual history and truth of what the US has been through over the last 10 years. Most of what the "author" lists have a root cause that goes well back and beyond the Bush administration.

Trith
Old 05-01-2003, 12:48 PM   #7
Inmountains

Let's see, the 9/11 Terrorists started flight school during Clinton's Administration. The 'false' economy of the 1990's was created under Clinton. Folks like Enron, Global Crossing, World Com, etc... were very CLOSE to the Clinton Adminstration. The 'dot.com' fisasco was all created under Clinton. I agree with Trith, President Bush INHERITED a huge mess from the President Clinton Administration. A false economy is worse than a bad economy. The Y2K issue CREATED a lot of jobs which were eliminated after January, 2000, this is NOT the fault of any president, it is a factor of the situation. As my personal situation, I made $80,000 a year in 1991 and by 1998, was down to $10,000 a year, so I guess I better blame it on Clinton. And now I am back up over $50,000 a year, so I guess I better give credit to President Bush. See how RIDICULOUS that sounds!?!?!?
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 12:50 PM   #8
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Originally posted by bumbleroot
Clinton was a surplus hawk and showed it. Dubya said that was all bullshit and decided to ignore the surplus. Don't blame that on Clinton. If you want to blame the deficit on Clinton, I suppose you could blame the surplus on him as well, heck blame everything on Clinton since Bush is infallible.

I find this humorous. There NEVER WAS a surplus only a PROJECTED surplus. Who is spinning now? People also fail to take into account 9/11 and the effect on the economy it imposed. Naw forget it, lets just hate Bush Jr and be done with it. Never said Bush Jr. was perfect but, I don't see any Democrats I would vote for to replace him and that psycho Hillary for '08 scares the shit out of me.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:51 PM   #9
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally posted by Trith
BTW i went back and actually finished reading some of the things on that list and I found them to be truly humerous. It's a wonderful list when you read it for what it really is..humor.

It's a damn shame opinions and moronic liberal ideals get passed off as journalism these days. I bet that didn't run under an op-ed either did it? If not..it's grounds for slander as it is about 3/4 straightforward dillusional lies, and 1/4 twisting and deliberate misinterpretation of truthful events in history.
Trith, how about you go through the list and show why they are lies? Otherwise, your claim has no merit. I think many of the items on the list are true. Especially with regard to domestic policy and security. Only one other president has seen such a dramatic loss in jobs under his watch and that was Herbert Hoover. Dubyah is right there with him.

And where is Osama?

Where is Saddam?

Is the homeland more secure? Where? And, don't just point to longer waits in Airport check in lines. What a farce that has been!
Old 05-01-2003, 01:01 PM   #10
Aackman

The speech I quoted from Bush Sr. was abridged for what was relevant to the discussion. I never claimed it was the entire address and nothing was taken out of context. You try and use the fact it was abridged to disregard the reality that Bush Sr. made those remarks; but the fact is he did and no amount of myopia on your part changes that.

Likewise, trying to obscure the appalling resume above with irrelevant tangents and finger pointing will never change the the reality that Bush is responsible for what happens on his watch and all the above certainly did.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:06 PM   #11
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Don't mind Trith and Trech Aackman.. I am sure they'd bend Duh-bya over their desk and go finger-cuffs on him if they had the chance.. they LOVE him.. and will never admit he can do any wrong

As for the list.. impressive.. no wonder the world hates us (not that I didn't know why they do anyway)

I want to know how Clinton managed to be responsible for any of that.. exept the poor economy (which can be debated.. since usually you don't see effects to the economy immediately.. of course we did with 9/11 and with the extreme loss of trust in the market)
Old 05-01-2003, 01:06 PM   #12
Maximus Faticus

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history;
That one got me snickering. I don't even remember what happened in August, but I would say the worst security failure in history would be either the JFK assassination, or the Lincoln assassination.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:06 PM   #13
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally posted by Inmountains
Let's see, the 9/11 Terrorists started flight school during Clinton's Administration. The 'false' economy of the 1990's was created under Clinton. Folks like Enron, Global Crossing, World Com, etc... were very CLOSE to the Clinton Adminstration. The 'dot.com' fisasco was all created under Clinton. I agree with Trith, President Bush INHERITED a huge mess from the President Clinton Administration. A false economy is worse than a bad economy. The Y2K issue CREATED a lot of jobs which were eliminated after January, 2000, this is NOT the fault of any president, it is a factor of the situation. As my personal situation, I made $80,000 a year in 1991 and by 1998, was down to $10,000 a year, so I guess I better blame it on Clinton. And now I am back up over $50,000 a year, so I guess I better give credit to President Bush. See how RIDICULOUS that sounds!?!?!?
And Clinton inherited that from 12 YEARS of the Reagan/Bush regime and did a damn good job fixing problems with the economy as attested by the rising economy during the Clinton Years.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:28 PM   #14
bumbleroot

Explain to me how an economy is a false economy?
I suppose if you want to call an economy a false economy then our military state has been false since Eisenhower was prez. The cold war fostered a lot of false economic numbers. I guess the only true economy is an agrarian economy.

What I would like to know is how electronic speculation is anymore false than government contract speculation.

Last edited by bumbleroot; 05-01-2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:30 PM   #15
Inmountains

Lurikeen, the rising economy under Clinton was False. I could give many examples, but we would then be discussing Micro and Macro Economic Theory, the 'guns or butter' argument and trickle down economics. But as we ALL know, the Y2K issues created literally hundreds of thousands of jobs. I got my MCSE in late 1998, and had a choice of hundreds of jobs. After Y2K, most of those jobs disappeared, and now I work on a help desk. Clinton had NOTHING to do with the year 2000 and potential computer problems, it was just a fact of the situation. Like I said, my financial situation under Clinton degraded to the point of me having to rent a room to live in.

My college professor argued that a National Deficit was vital to a healthy economy. He likened it to the family in debt, but that debt was on a house. I am in debt around $400,000, but I also own four homes, which that debt covers. The United States national debt is not on real estate, but on the future economy of the United States, it is called "leverage" in economic theory. But this would be a long and tedious debate. Just don't always think of a deficit as a bad thing.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:34 PM   #16
Inmountains

Bumb, you disappoint me, other posts you have posted showed some intelligence. A False Economy is when a Company of Corporation has FALSE BOOKKEEPING and PROFIT AND LOSS statements. When they write down income that they did not receive, it is FALSE.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:45 PM   #17
bumbleroot

Innmountains did you lose a job in the manufacturing sector in the 90s? I would have to think that going from 80k to 10k wasn't in the same job.
One must remember that Clinton created programs to help those who lost jobs in the manufacturing sector move back into the workplace with professional education and training. This is what I would call being in touch with the needs of the people of the country.

Many people lost jobs because of Nafda. Nafda was created under Bush's watch and was supported by both him and Clinton. Clinton had the foresight to see a different type of officeplace emerging. In fact, when he got in office, they had to clean out file cabinets upon file cabinets of files because the Bush administration was still operating in '92 using antiquated office practices. There weren't networks or data links in the White House.
Given the potential loss of many jobs facing the loss of manufacturing, Clinton engineered a movement to the information age. This was not by mistake either. Remember Gore speaking of the "information highway" during the 92 elections. It was obvious to Clinton that the manufacturing jobs were going away regardless of whether Nafda was approved or not.
Quite frankly I believe the jobs were gone because Unionization placed difficult demands upon employers. But that didn't happen under Clinton's watch. That happened during the deregulation days of the Reagan era. As companies took more, the workers demanded more in return. A natural reaction. A vicious cycle that was not foreseen or understood by Reagan. In turn many of these jobs eventually went bye-bye.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #18
bumbleroot

The only falseness that I can think of in the 90s was that our economy was based upon speculation. All economies are based on that though.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:29 PM   #19
Inmountains

No, I was not in manufacturing, I was a Realtor in Southern California. The "false" rocketing increase in Real Estate values had to "crash" at some time, and they crashed hard just as soon as Clinton took office. Again, it was an economic thing, a false economy, is what I call it. Neither Bush nor Clinton has anything to do with it. But I can tell you this, there were more foreclosures in California from 1990 to 1999, than any other 10 year period of time, both in actual number and in percentage of homes owned.

And it is not nafda, it is NAFTA, North American Free Trade Agreement. It hurt the US economy by removing jobs, but provided cheaper products to the US citizens. So take your pick, which is more important??
Old 05-01-2003, 03:47 PM   #20
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally posted by Inmountains
Lurikeen, the rising economy under Clinton was False. I could give many examples, but we would then be discussing Micro and Macro Economic Theory, the 'guns or butter' argument and trickle down economics. But as we ALL know, the Y2K issues created literally hundreds of thousands of jobs. I got my MCSE in late 1998, and had a choice of hundreds of jobs. After Y2K, most of those jobs disappeared, and now I work on a help desk. Clinton had NOTHING to do with the year 2000 and potential computer problems, it was just a fact of the situation. Like I said, my financial situation under Clinton degraded to the point of me having to rent a room to live in.

My college professor argued that a National Deficit was vital to a healthy economy. He likened it to the family in debt, but that debt was on a house. I am in debt around $400,000, but I also own four homes, which that debt covers. The United States national debt is not on real estate, but on the future economy of the United States, it is called "leverage" in economic theory. But this would be a long and tedious debate. Just don't always think of a deficit as a bad thing.
Inmountains, economies are not true or false, but statements about economies can be either true or false. In general, economies are strong, weak, or holding. No economist that I am aware of has stated that the US economy under Bill Clinton's 8 years was weal or holding. Indeed, some of the largest growth in companies occured during the full eight years of the Clinton regime.

Another measurement of a healthy economy is consumer spending and confidence and measuring that against growth in consumer debt. What was the picture for EIGHT years under Clinton? High consumer confidence, a good deal of spending and moderate growth in debt. In other words, Americans had more money to spend, they spent it and didn't have to sell the farm to do it.

Since Bush has taken office consumer confidence has dwindled. Spending is near an all time low for the past 10 years and debt is increasing. A general explanation for this is that many Americans don't have liquid assets to spend on goods and what spending is going on is in the form of debt.

What I am getting at is that while Y2K did increase employment I think you are putting too much into that. I think that the problem was disposable income being invested heavily into speculative markets which fueled the stock bubble. I recall that the economy saw a surge of new investors during the late 90s. Much of those investors were gambling heavily in the internet (the DOT COMs) for large returns. New Businesses sprouted everywhere and those companies where buying high tech, which caused companies like Sun Microsystems (SUNW) and Cisco (CSCO) to explode in value. For instance, in over a space of three years SUNW went from about $3 per share to as much as $110 per share with multiple splits in between! Talk about over valuation! But, if you were one of the lucky ones you made a shit load of cash and what were these people doing with it? Buying houses, cars, boats... let the good times roll, baby!

When Bush was sworn into office it wasn't but a couple months later and the bubble burst. Then came rumblings over Enron, then 9/11. I have to admit the little retard had little to do with the economy. However, he is doint jack to fix it now. That is the problem. This post is turning into a novel, I better end here.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:53 PM   #21
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
Originally posted by Aackman
The speech I quoted from Bush Sr. was abridged for what was relevant to the discussion. I never claimed it was the entire address and nothing was taken out of context. You try and use the fact it was abridged to disregard the reality that Bush Sr. made those remarks; but the fact is he did and no amount of myopia on your part changes that.

Likewise, trying to obscure the appalling resume above with irrelevant tangents and finger pointing will never change the the reality that Bush is responsible for what happens on his watch and all the above certainly did.
The speech you posted was abriged as to make it look like even Sr. didnt want the war. Hell Chiteng, a very ardent bush hater, called you out on it man. The point is that the shit you post is heavily left winged biased. Are you all reading this stuff? I mean Jesus people, some of the things the person who made this list blames bush for is not only did he not do it but its almost moronic and reprehensable to say so. Like this

Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market
Dear God, does this dumbass realize that 3000 people died and billions of dollars were lost in one of the largest terrorist attacks in the nations history right before this happened?

Just another I picked out:

Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world
Riggghhhht. And the fraud ONLY began when he took office. Before that NO ONE was doing it.

You see what I mean here? If you guys wanna argue politics then lets argue politics. But dont come here with a list some fucking idiot Bush hater wrote up and try to pass it off as something worthy of arguing
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:25 PM   #22
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally posted by Trech
The speech you posted was abriged as to make it look like even Sr. didnt want the war. Hell Chiteng, a very ardent bush hater, called you out on it man. The point is that the shit you post is heavily left winged biased. Are you all reading this stuff? I mean Jesus people, some of the things the person who made this list blames bush for is not only did he not do it but its almost moronic and reprehensable to say so. Like this

Dear God, does this dumbass realize that 3000 people died and billions of dollars were lost in one of the largest terrorist attacks in the nations history right before this happened?

Riggghhhht. And the fraud ONLY began when he took office. Before that NO ONE was doing it.

You see what I mean here? If you guys wanna argue politics then lets argue politics. But dont come here with a list some fucking idiot Bush hater wrote up and try to pass it off as something worthy of arguing
Good Trech. *cackles* /em rubs hands together

Good Trech! Feel the hate! Yes, I can feel it making you powerful!

Uumm, dude... I was gonna like say something to you, but I forgot... oh, wait!

K. Like,. You need to go throught that list Aackman presented and show where each pint is false... err... I mean each point. I had the pints!
Old 05-01-2003, 08:02 PM   #23
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally posted by Trech

Err Trech, I just hate all Republicans. Its a carry over from having to watch the Watergate Hearings from start to finish.
No offence intended.
Consider it a personality defect(which it is)

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:02 AM   #24
Aackman

The thread you keep referring to is here: http://www.erollisimarr.com/forums/s...threadid=10358

1) I pasted an article from The Times UK. I gave them credit at the top.
2) Since it was clearly a newspaper article with a smattering of quotes from Bush Sr. it was obviously not purported to be his complete address.
3) Chiteng did not "call me out" on anything he merely stated that the thread had an abriged version of the speech and linked the full address. No one has demonstrated the reporter took remarks out of context.

For new readers I will repost the article here:

Bush Sr. Warning Over Unilateral Action
Roland Watson
The Times UK

Monday 10 March 2003

The first President Bush has told his son that hopes of peace in the Middle East would be ruined if a war with Iraq were not backed by international unity.

Drawing on his own experiences before and after the 1991 Gulf War, Mr Bush Sr said that the brief flowering of hope for Arab-Israeli relations a decade ago would never have happened if America had ignored the will of the United Nations.

He also urged the President to resist his tendency to bear grudges, advising his son to bridge the rift between the United States, France and Germany.

"You've got to reach out to the other person. You've got to convince them that long-term friendship should trump short-term adversity," he said.

The former President's comments reflect unease among the Bush family and its entourage at the way that George W. Bush is ignoring international opinion and overriding the institutions that his father sought to uphold. Mr Bush Sr is a former US Ambassador to the UN and comes from a family steeped in multi-lateralist traditions.

Although not addressed to his son in person, the message, in a speech at Tufts University in Massachusetts, was unmistakable. Mr Bush Sr even came close to conceding that opponents of his son's case against President Saddam Hussein, who he himself is on record as loathing, have legitimate cause for concern.

He said that the key question of how many weapons of mass destruction Iraq held "could be debated". The case against Saddam was "less clear" than in 1991, when Mr Bush Sr led an international coalition to expel invading Iraqi troops from Kuwait. Objectives were "a little fuzzier today," he added.

After the Gulf War, Mr Bush Sr steered Israel and its Arab neighbours to the Madrid conference, a stepping stone to the historic Israeli-Palestinian Oslo accords, in much the same way that the present President has talked about the removal of Saddam as opening the way to a wider peace in the region.

In an ominous warning for his son, Mr Bush Sr said that he would have been able to achieve nothing if he had jeopardised future relations by ignoring the UN. "The Madrid conference would never have happened if the international coalition that fought together in Desert Storm had exceeded the UN mandate and gone on its own into Baghdad after Saddam and his forces."

Also drawing on the lessons of 1991, he said that it was imperative to mend fences with allies immediately, rather than waiting until after a war. He had been infuriated with the decision of King Hussein of Jordan to side with Saddam rather than the US, but while criticising the Jordanian leader in public and freezing $41 million in US aid, he also passed word to King Hussein that he understood his domestic tensions.

Mr Bush Jr, who is said never to forget even relatively minor slights, has alarmed analysts with the way in which he has allowed senior Administration figures such as Donald Rumsfeld, the Defence Secretary, aggressively to criticise France and Germany.
There are, however, signs that Mr Bush Sr's message may be getting through.

Father and son talk regularly and it was, in part, pressure from Mr Bush Sr's foreign policy coterie, that helped to persuade the President to go to the UN last September.

Old 05-02-2003, 12:58 AM   #25
bumbleroot

I am going by memory only. But the drop in the stock market mostly took place before 9/11. If Im not mistaken it was hovering around 9000 when 9/11 took place. This was down from its high of 12,000. Since 9/11 it has dropped maybe another 1200 points or so and has been consistently about 600 or 700 points below what it had been.
The unravelling of the economy started taking place before 9/11.