Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 06:37 AM   #26
Jethal Silverwing

That would be the Forest of Kithicor..

Originally Posted by Nosfy
As for title, Zacarius Zul Torander who was the guild leader of Phoenix Crusaders, earn a tittle at the 99 halloween event. He was leading the force of the good when the undead took the forest of .. damn memory... the zone near Rivervale.
Jethal Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:07 AM   #27
Tyvalius

Default Sria Anyone remember this one?

Female enchanter was in some twilight guild. She was a DE who felt is nessasary to Sit outside Neriak and offer her services as a follower of Innoruk and kill level 1 noobs who wished to experience "The love of Hate". Seemed rather Domme'ish and erotic to be killed by a higher level character who got joy from it....

Makeing a Woodelf Ranger and falling to my death in Kelithan then makeing a Ogre Sk and seeing Hoozyur and Dabiggun killing the DE abasador for plats in Ogguk.
Zoneing out with my new shiney Dragoon Dirk at level One and seeing that Halfer Druid and hid wife Warrior Ninu and Tubbin Killing the ogre guards for exp. Oh the good old days of regrowth and skin like nature for PLing a newb.

Tyvalius V
Gilmor Happy

Last edited by Tyvalius; 05-19-2004 at 07:14 AM. Reason: <<Dork>>
Tyvalius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:14 AM   #28
Nosfy

Thanks Jethal.. that was the zone. Now, if I could remember the tittle he received
Nosfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:24 AM   #29
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
tittle
That made me giggle.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:26 AM   #30
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
That made me giggle.
Made me gigle.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:33 AM   #31
Davek
Squawk Box

tittle:

1. A small diacritic mark, such as an accent, vowel mark, or dot over an i.
2. The tiniest bit; an iota.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:34 AM   #32
Davek
Squawk Box

Made me gigle.
http://www.giglefashion.com/

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:46 AM   #33
Muertissimo

Send a message via AIM to Muertissimo
I so wish they'd revert Cazic Thule back to the way it used to be. That was hands down the funnest zone I ever had the pleasure of dying in over and over again. I remember when I got to level 50 and decided to try and solo the Avatar of Fear. Ended up killing him with like 5 hp's left, so much fun indeed!

and the Mithril 2hander was 10 to 12k.
I bought one of a vendor in Kaladim the other day for 600pp I remember back when some guy gave me Donal's Vambraces for my cleric McLothar. Couldn't use them (still can't, he still level 20 ), so ended up trading them to my friend Lerry for my first Mith 2-hander. I still love those swords (31% haste!). Ended up giving it to Rikon for his epic hah.
Greylords EQ2 too!
Retired member of
Midnight Fury (r.i.p.)

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."--Revelation 6:8
"Your greatest creation, is the life you lead."
Muertissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #34
Frekkels

Hail,

Oh the good old days of regrowth and skin like nature for PLing a newb.
SLN, Pack Chloro, & Shield of Thorns is still pretty effective in my experience.

Take care,
Old 05-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #35
Codsan
The Codfather

If you really want to feel nostaligic, here's the html output from a log I made in HHK in Sept. 1999. It's kind of amusing to see people that are still playing today back in their younger days.
http://greylegion.org/eq/playerlist.htm

And if you're really bored here's the open directory with a bunch of screenshots from TGL spanning from early Summer 1999 until SoV came out:
http://greylegion.org/eq/images/oldold

and
http://greylegion.org/eq/images/rok_sov

Last edited by Codsan; 05-19-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Codsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:49 AM   #36
Felixican

Ah yes, the good ol days of killin bandits (and the occaisional farmer....) in the karanas with Perliquinn, Walkerboh, Predaking, Jamesbaud...cant remember the robe that would come with us :P Sorry heh. Watching Elwin soloing hill giants, then watching Elwin get powdered and the hill giant taking off after us, ah yes, and the guards that wouldnt attack giants, because, hey, they're not idiots. Good times.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:24 AM   #37
Siilverain
The Wind Caller

Send a message via AIM to Siilverain Send a message via Yahoo to Siilverain
Heaven help me - I don't remember his name...but there's a necro on Emarr who has a title from his artifact, "The Malevolent". Or am I confuzzled?

Speaking of the Lfay event from May '00...anyone else remember Rikon emulating CT's avatar? It was a great stunt (made my heart jump to see TWO CT avatars suddenly appear) and he promptly got booted offline for it. Bet if I looked hard enough I still have a screenshot of it somewhere. -snicker-
Old 05-20-2004, 06:51 AM   #38
Tamica
Supporter

I remember hunting in High keep with Yenom, saaril, jamdar, blossom , Karth and the oldies and yenom wore newbie enchanter armer and vowed that he would stay in it until lvl 50 I cant remember now if he did and saaril would do the orc summoning dance god if he reads that he will kill me if he still plays even!

I remember when every one hanged out in Ec killing willowisps for the Greater light stone quest to make money..... and getting killed over and over because a griffon would jump ye they seemed to be more of them back then...

ahh memorys my most fond one was when everquest was so new to me and I slept very little and played all night and making my first 100 plat on eq was a highlight back then god i was a newb lol.

Last edited by Tamica; 05-20-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Tamica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:36 PM   #39
AtticaX'Layan

Default Indeed

I till this day remember the zone wide message while in LOIO for Da'Kor taking down Veeshan's Peak.

I remember the battle for LFay to. I arrived to late though. Equisstle (sp) The Corrupted was born and the zone went demonfied. And if I remember right the Karanas were at that time suffering from the Plague Of Bertoxxulous.

To this day I remember the second day of it a bunch of guilds gathered at NK spires waiting for something to happen. Some of us dueled and a lot of flaming went back and forth.

How did the Plague end? Anybody remember? All that seems left of it is Infected Paw.

Remember the first time I saw somebody in a matching suit of armor. That was unheard of than, right before Kunark.

Somes months in they finally let people start dyeing fine plate armor. If you wanted a cheap piece of armor you could buy a light pink one somebody was selling.

Seeing people with pink, red, black, and white pieces was funny.

I remember working up for my first set of Raw Hide armor as a Paladin.

For some reason EverQuest felt so different than. Starting to play more rarely, even though i came back. I think it just felt like it wasn't epic anymore... That what tooks one hours of heartache to travel is done with clicks of stones. That all the cities are completely dead...

I lived through much of old world before Kunark. But to see what happened to Old World and Kunark broke my heart.

The Karanas were so empty... South Karana was once plentiful.

But Kunark... I swear 1/3 of the folks in game were in Kunark at any time. On most nights more than that.

Folks filled LOIO so much... And yet, there was always room for more. LOIO held what is an average night in PoK.

Overthere is almost dead now.

Dreadlands is still popular.

KC is almost dead.

FM which had at least 25+ there is dead.

Old Sebillis... Damn that one hurts almost as bad as LOIO.

Ship travel sucked, but the feel of a giant world made me feel good...

I still remember my first boat trip from BB to Freeport...

First one across Erud's Crossing to the always dead Odus.

First one from BB to FV... Possibly the most enchanting. Remember when you first spotted the state of Fironia Vie...?

Those first weeks of Kunark were so special... FV was alive more than any other city. People sat at bank that were going out and had just come in. That is where I heard that (and I swear this is what a lot of folks believed) that all the zones had one rare spawn Dragon. I heard the horror stories of Faydedar picking off a party that were going to Pottery Room.

I heard that Dreadlands were so horrible to not go there. Everything saw invis and there was a Dragon there.

I heard there was a Dragon in Skyfire as well as one in Emerald Jungle as well. For a while I believed Trakanon was in TT because somebody told me he saw him. ;( I am to gullible for bullshit I guess.

Remember that fun walk up the river in FV my non-invis friends? Those spiders had a good sense of humor.

Remember walking the shore in LOIO seeing all the shore groups and the occassional Aqua Goblins slaughter folks who got trained with them?

I remember to this day when a friend took me to see the gates to what was said to be Veeshan's Peak. We took the long way around because DL and BW were to dangerous.

We journied from FV to LOIO dodging spiders...

Through LOIO past fort to FM...

FM wall walked and ran from a giant to get to OT.

OT was a breeze in walk walking to SF.

Now for those who first saw it, and I hope I'm not alone, first time I saw a wurm I shit my pants. I was terrified something would see through our invis potions.

We arrived at the first monument where Ragefire turned out to spawn when Epics were made.

Thought that was it. Until some folks told us it was just a port in. We walked around and finally saw a giant volano, walked along and followed a lava river.

Those gates still made me quiver. I could slay any one of those wurm guardians now, but that door still brings back the feel that I was somewhere so powerful and made me feel small... Like Frodo at the gates of Mordor.

I left EQ before Luclin launched. Before the Sleeper was awoke, an event I am sad I missed.

To this day I believe there is still one more Kunark Dragon... His Quest either broken or unsolved.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=754

Perhaps this is a unknown BW Dragon? Jarldyn

It could also be a teleport to see the quest Sarnak in the tower by Chardok.
Nuzzley Bardstomper
AtticaX'Layan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:41 PM   #40
Aamrie

I remember 4 years ago getting my title Servant of Lanys and it being spelled wrong. Luckily it got fixed.

It was a cool GM event. Lanys was in Neriak yelling she needed some help; me and one other low level got picked. It was cool as could be to get the title. The zone was full of high levels and we get picked.

Sadly the event was never finished on EMarr until the very end and by then, I wasnt needed. =/

But the name is still very cool.

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:14 PM   #41
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I remember hanging around Sebilis one of the first attempts Da`Kor took at Trakanon before they had beaten him... And in the middle of their raid someone from their guild shouted something along the lines of "There's a new command, /ex, used to check how much your exp value is in numbers until the next level!" Over half the zone went LD, including half of Da`Kor.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:26 PM   #42
Daeth

LOL I was in that raid, and it was Draeken who shouted that.
Daeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:44 PM   #43
Nosfy

I found Zacarius and asked him his titttle

His title was Commander of Tunare. And his dark counterpart was Vendrix, Commander of Innoruk. Is that right Vendrix? You realy did some RP?
Old 05-21-2004, 05:05 AM   #44
Vendrix
I Kick Ass For The Lord!

I didn't role play a god damn thing.

I think my recruitment line in varous zones was something along the lines of, "GM event... kill stuff... get stuff." I appealed to the one common denominator among all players, phat lewt.

And no, I didn't ask for that title, but I asked that it be taken away because of how much the whole event sucked.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:11 AM   #45
Nosfy

Old 05-21-2004, 06:04 AM   #46
Noprobs

Nosfy has got better at fishing (131)

Nop)
Noprobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:18 AM   #47
WarSheol

Originally Posted by Aamrie
I remember 4 years ago getting my title Servant of Lanys and it being spelled wrong. Luckily it got fixed.

It was a cool GM event. Lanys was in Neriak yelling she needed some help; me and one other low level got picked. It was cool as could be to get the title. The zone was full of high levels and we get picked.

Sadly the event was never finished on EMarr until the very end and by then, I wasnt needed. =/

But the name is still very cool.
I remember that I was there when Lanys first appeared in Eastern Commonlands in god size she was taller than a sand giant.

Thats when people started to gether around her and folow her soon after the pale skins started trying to kill her lol. Lanys shrank to same size as rest of us when she zoned into Nektulos and stopped on the path just past the bridge to sacrafice one of the pale skins for the crowd that was great.

Then she continued on towards Neriak at which she triggared many guards who attacked and killed many of the crowd that were not Dark elf, Troll or ogres.

She then lead the rest all the way to 3rd gate where she gave her speach to us, I was only level 22 or so back then. ive always wondered if she came back and I missed it or what happend from this event was one of the funnest I remember.

Also remember an event with some named dark elves (3) non-deity types near the pyrimid in Nektulos not long after, and some dark elf girl who was enemie with Lanys who appeared in the forest as well any one have extra info or still have log's or screen shots of any of these?
WarSheol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:40 AM   #48
Slymoore

How about the days of Oasis where the orc highway had about 3 groups on it, then you got the lvl 42 coming over thinking he can pull the specs. After he realizes he cant kill them he trains them to the docks!! Was aways funny grouping there and having people shout out in the zone where the specs, SG or Cazel were. Along with the OS thing there used to not be a frog up in the place before luclin. Remember sometimes you would have to look around for 5 mins to find a damn frog. Some one would be campin zone in, zone out haha always amazed me that zone.