Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2004, 07:12 AM   #1
Saavak

Send a message via AIM to Saavak
Default How many EMarr Old Schoolers goin to EQ2?

Hey guys,

Out of all the EMarr Old School peeps, how many will be goin to EQ2? If so, we should all try to keep in touch and join up together when it releases. I think it could be quite fun. I would love to be fighting along side some old friends once again
Saavak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
Cerden

My money is on maybe 4 of them. The rest you can visit on www.worldofwarcraft.net
Cerden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
kanibaal
korpse

EQ2 and WoW seem to be EQ all over again with better graphics.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:05 PM   #4
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

EQ2 beta has not started yet and WoW has a lot more going on besides better graphics.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:29 PM   #5
Norwolf

I will be going to EQ2 when released. However I will be keeping my EQ account for a while to make sure... but I don't expect to be back.

As to loot, I have been waving no drop loot of late as I'd rather it be usable by someone in the future then to go poof in the end.
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Norwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:52 PM   #6
kanibaal
korpse

Im done with PvE games. It is so pointless and takes so little skill. I had fun while I played EQ but no thanks because I dont see the point in leveling up to fight the AI. Questing? Hah, that has to be one of the most boring chores in a MMO besides grinding that I can think of. I dont play games for lore and roleplaying. I will play WoW if they make a PvP server. Why play a PvE game? The end game is you join a big guild and then you rush to log on after server resets to be the first to pull such and such mob to loot gear. PvP you log on at anytime, get a group together and go kill other players and then you have seige warfare to boot. The players control the game, not some fat guy in a office who has no clue about what the playerbase wants.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:06 PM   #7
Cless

Send a message via Yahoo to Cless
Who said WoW won't have PVP? PVP servers have already been announced and they are also implementing battlefields, ala DAoC.
Cless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 07:10 PM   #8
kanibaal
korpse

It will prolly have DAoC dumbed down PvP(RvR). Which even if they have that it I will play it but they will prolly put in a lame system because they have PvE minded people making the game.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:16 AM   #9
Ulujain

Originally Posted by chukzombi
EQ2 beta has not started yet and WoW has a lot more going on besides better graphics.
It's arguable WoW has better graphics.

EQ2 and WoW cancel each other as far as I'm concerned.

I'm patiently waiting on UXO, which is bound to disappoint me when it is released.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #10
Sarkam Warbringer

Send a message via AIM to Sarkam Warbringer
Why play a PvE game? The end game is you join a big guild and then you rush to log on after server resets to be the first to pull such and such mob to loot gear.
I think Kanibaal wants to get beat up at PVP just as badly as he got beat up at PVE, just for a change of pace.
Sarkam Warbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #11
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

I think i'll just invest my time into a new franchise. Sure it costs more,
but I gain more.

Gas stations own all, especially Chevrons. For a few K's you can own your own.
Huh? You hate work?

Fine. Be a looser.

Z..
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #12
Asmira

"...they have PvE minded people making the game."

dude, it's blizzard...hello? diablo?

PvE minded people!? wtf are YOU smoking? ;P

~Asmira
Asmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:12 PM   #13
Xastlin

"PvE minded people!? wtf are YOU smoking? ;P"

Old Tennis Shoes ! !
Xastlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:19 PM   #14
Coroq

Well, it's worlds of Warcraft. I played a lot of WC2 back in The Day, and while I did run through the PVE scenarios to learn the game, it was all PvP. That's where PvP is the best: when you sit down to play and start with 1 to 7 other people who are all on identical footing with you. No level 50 running around smacking down level 5 people, and no phony ruleset to stop all that from happening.

I haven't seen too much in RPG type games with PvP that interests me. Are the same people who build WC building WoW? It does sound like they are following the EQ formula (a proven success for big dollars) - make a good PVE game then slap some PvP rules in for those who want that sort of added dimension. From what I've read it sounds like "if you liked questing in everquest, you'll love questing in WoW, it's new and improved!" but again, that's what I've read, I don't beta test, this impression could be dead wrong.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:56 PM   #15
kanibaal
korpse

Sarkam, name me some of your PvP game accomplishments...

Oh yeah lets bring up Diablo... the most hacked and duped game ever. Wanna do good at PVP? Get the top gear duped, wow.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:56 PM   #16
Ulujain

Do you regard first person shooters as PvP Serge? I was a top 10 ranked Half-Life DM player once upon a time. Fairly decent Quake 2 Lithium player as well.

Means jack shit of course when compared to real world achievements, but we aren't discussing the real world here, are we?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:24 AM   #17
Kogur
Phatty!

I will not be playing any MMORPG ever again. Once I'm done with EQ that's it. I was never a big gamer prior to EQ, but somwhow it took over my life for 4 years. I guess that shows I have an addictive personality or something, but I won't let it happen again.
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:57 AM   #18
goksga

Amen Kogur
goksga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:55 AM   #19
Théodwyn

Yeah, what Kogur said.
Théodwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 12:27 PM   #20
Khael

Just say no to EQ2. And prior to WoW, pretty much all of the games that Blizzard had released were designed with PvP in mind. A good example of that would be StarCraft, with 3 races that were as different as could be but were nicely balanced against each other. They couldn't control the hacking and the cheating nearly as well in the free forum of battle.net as they will be hosting all this stuff on their own servers - I'm betting whatever problems you think people are going to have with duping aren't going to exist.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:19 PM   #21
Cerulean

Send a message via ICQ to Cerulean
When I finally quit EQ I will likely fade into RL for good with little interest in other online games - be they PVP or PVE.

EQ has been a long lasting anomally in my life. Something I know I should've stopped long ago - but I didn't and I won't anytime soon.

EQ2 & WoW both look wonderful, but I'll pass, no thanks.
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #22
Benalan Windsong

Send a message via AIM to Benalan Windsong
I'll see you in WoW. Fuck EQ2. Two things Blizzard does that SoE doesn't is:

1) Release finished products (fuck they released PoP with time b not done and GoD with uqua not done)

2) Have reliable Customer Support. (I don't need an example, we all have them)
Fironia Vie

Benalan Windsong
Level 65 Maestro
Erollisi Marr
<Retired>
Benalan Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:39 AM   #23
Dwarkarn

I am waiting on the all new "Barbie Fashion Designer Online MMORPG Edition" that has just been announced, I will see you all there!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:39 AM   #24
Dazzler Twodirks

WOW turned me off when they hijacked 4 of the top guilds from EQ by giving them beta keys.

Any people left out of those guilds by not enough keys i'm sure will see Beta those keys will be passed around like a 2 dollar whore.
Those guilds will be gathering info but not for the devs.

Spawn locs, best exp hunting, Item drops, raid strats, exploits the devs have yet to find that they can use ect.

All of this will be compiled for use when the game goes live and when they get a huge lead on everyone else and have passed what they know a cry of "NERF THAT!!!" will be given just so they can stay on top.

Considering Furor works for Blizzard now you can guess FoH will have all the help and info they'll ever need.

I put in for EQ2 beta just to see if it's worth it if I get lucky.

Dazzler's Shtuff
Dazzler Twodirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:11 AM   #25
Cless

Send a message via Yahoo to Cless
Are you that delusional Dazzler? There are few to any rare NPCs and the exp rate is the same all over the world. It's a good thing that top end guilds were given beta invites because they will be able to give suggestions as to how to make a certain segment of their game more enjoyable. Without an NDA you can just as easily know where all the primo hunting spots are as an Afterlife member who is in the beta. Furor working for Blizzard? So what? I hear he will write quests. Yeah he'll be able to give that extensive quest lore to his guildmates, right?

And you are crazy if you don't think that EQ2 won't go after top end guilds for their beta testing. They are already giving preference to Stormhammer players over everyone else. And even now in EQ1, high end guilds help devs with raid content.
Cless is offline   Reply With Quote