Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2002, 05:10 PM   #26
Raedwulf

Send a message via AIM to Raedwulf Send a message via Yahoo to Raedwulf
Default Ostrich Boy

Chiteng: Define "bigot." I've provided mine, I'd be interested in yours. For the life of me I can't see anything I've posted that remotely approached bigotry. I haven't condemned or flamed anyone solely based upon circumstances out of their control (race, religion, national origin, gender, etc.) As I've formerly worked for the NAACP, MALDEF, and a few other public interest groups, I take bigotry kinda serious (as I said in another thread, racism is the only statement I can imagine condemning on this board - and I've done so).

We've already determined your "liar" accusation is baseless, let's try to find a basis for this newest e-slander.

Dwarkarn: You're making a pretty common misunderstanding regarding the "judge not, lest ye be judged" admonition from Scripture. It does not mean you should not call a sinner a sinner. In fact, both Old and New Testaments do that all over the place. Identifying ones sin, is the first step in overcoming it (like all that 12-step stuff).

The admonition goes with the second part of Biblical Judgment: Condemnation for the sinner. We are encouraged not to condemn others to Hell (thereby passing up the forgiveness of God), or risk being condemned to Hell ourselves (avoiding our own forgiveness). It's kinda the Golden Rule - If you want to be forgiven, you must allow that other sinners may be forgiven, too.
Old 11-12-2002, 05:48 PM   #27
Lumpy

Default Raedwulf

Raedwulf, For once on these boards chiteng was having a conversation which i semi-understood and was interested in and you came and fucked it up. He made no advances towards you or provoked you in any way. I am no fan of chiteng but you are clearly the "stalker" in this case. Grow up.

Lumpy
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 05:54 PM   #28
Chiteng
Supporter

Default re: Raedwulf

You impose your belief system on everyone and everything you look at. I know why I put the second quote in my signature.
At no time, did I use it to justify not answering something.
From my point of view I have no need to justify anything.

Since I didnt add it to justify anything, and since it IS a faith based
quote, I resent your assumption that I would misuse such a powerfull message, for such a trite objective. You may consider
me a simple man, and at times perhaps I act like one, but you cant read my mind, and you should not attribute motives.

By usurping the right to interpet 'MY' meaning, you impose your
world view. An act of incredible arrogance. If that ISNT bigotry,
then what is it? I dont accuse you of racism, but racism is not
the only form of bigotry.

And now sadly, I am unable to devote more time to monitoring
of the board. RL has its demands.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 10:28 PM   #29
Raedwulf

Lumpy: So what? He was making a rationalization, and avoiding half the question of Lurikeen. I provided the answer he wouldn't. Despite his protestations to the contrary, it's quite clear why he put the new quote in his sig. Once again the world was demanding evidence from him, and then the quote appears.

Alles klaar, Herr Komissar?

Chiteng: I don't seem to be capable of "imposing" belief on anyone. Neither are you.

Sure, you can pretend it's just coincidence that a new round of demands of evidence were directed at you, and then the new quote shows up. Just like the old one showed up just when you were being slammed for name-calling based upon someone elses opinion being different from your own.

You misuse stuff all the time. The English language being the most frequently misused. And
the
ENTER button.

No, what you claim I have done (interpreting meaning), isn't bigotry. Try www.websters.com. As for it being arrogant, sure, maybe. It's the arrogance of every thinking person, but I'm sure you don't understand that. We all interpret and deduce the comments of those around us. In this instance, this is what I've done, just like others.

Wow, you really "monitor" the board. That is sad.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:30 PM   #30
Chiteng
Supporter

Default re: Raedwulf

See, even after explaining it to you, you are unable to break from your world view. You are so certain, that the quote just has to be
self-serving. Even tho there is not one instance where it was used
for ANYTHING. Arrogance AND presumption. You are exactly what I said. Lumpy is no friend of mine Raedwulf. For him to say something should tell you how far out of line you are.
You are one of the people that would rather go to hell,
that admit I was right on any topic.

One entry found for bigot.

Main Entry: big·ot
Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, hypocrite, bigot
Date: 1661
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
- big·ot·ed /-g&-t&d/ adjective
- big·ot·ed·ly adverb

That is from Webster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:00 AM   #31
Mitch the Blond

Default .

''Yes Raedwulf you are. Not only that but your a LYING bigot.''

This was proven some time ago.

Mitch
Old 11-13-2002, 03:59 AM   #32
Dwarkarn

Proven? Evidence? I don't see it.
Old 11-13-2002, 09:21 AM   #33
Raedwulf

Mitch: It was "proven" the same time and the same way it was "proven" you are male.