Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2002, 09:10 PM   #1
Bulvyne

Default Furlina, and other Gimpy Tag-Alongs...

Stealthily sneaking along with another guild's raid so you can hail a flag-mob is gimpy. If you want some suggestions on how you and your guild can do it (if you're in a guild) then send me a tell.

Maybe others condone this sort of thing, I just thought it was kinda cheesy. Gratz.

Bul
Old 11-04-2002, 10:19 PM   #2
RazerZedgeEmarr

Where was this? Plane of Justice for the trial flag from Mavuin?

What happened, Furlina and others were heading down to get flagged, and your group was going there to do it as well? Furlina saw your group clearing the way and decided to follow in and get flagged that way? What's wrong with this?

Magister did kind of the same thing a while ago, they kinda "tagged along" on my group and got the flag cause my group was down there trying to exp in that room leading to his cell. We cleared the way in, Magister went ahead and took advantage to get the flag, I had no problem with this. In fact I did it the other day when I wanted to do execution and we had someone without the flag. We ran down and someone else was had cleared the room, so we ran ahead, got flagged, and vamoosed out.

You're kind of suggesting that a group should only go get flagged if they go down there and find the room at full pop so they can fight there way in for it. It doesn't matter, since merely having the flag doesn't mean they get instant access to Valor. If they can't do the trial, they will fail at it and hopefully come back later when they're better.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:04 AM   #3
Curmy

I agree Razer, if thats the flag hes talking about its no biggy to follow a group down to hail the npc.

Our group did it the other day, and it wasn't that we couldn't clear the room. We just couldn't be bothered.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:25 AM   #4
Frael

A big /bonk to Bulvyne for bringing this up here, but no this wasn't the Mauvin flag, it was on an entirely different scale.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:28 AM   #5
Frael

Yuck, what a mess. Sorted, I hope.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:07 AM   #6
Trech Da ShadowKnight

Default .

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>What happened, Furlina and others were heading down to get flagged, and your group was going there to do it as well? Furlina saw your group clearing the way and decided to follow in and get flagged that way? What's wrong with this?[/quote]
Maybe the fact that they let someone else do all the work for something that was obviously designed so that you would have to fight your way to it?

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Magister did kind of the same thing a while ago[/quote]
Please tell me youre not one of these "if magister does it it must be right" people
Old 11-05-2002, 04:19 AM   #7
Lixivia

Default Re: .

the way to him is always camped, most people are being respectful of that camp, and wait until the room is cleared, then go back, hail him and leave. The people who are camping the room usually have no problem clearing it for them =)
Old 11-05-2002, 07:43 AM   #8
KatzStormseeker

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Magister did kind of the same thing a while ago, they kinda "tagged along" on my group and got the flag cause my group was down there trying to exp in that room leading to his cell. We cleared the way in, Magister went ahead and took advantage to get the flag, I had no problem with this.[/quote]

It was just a matter of respect for the group exping there, as the mobs there are green and give close to no exp at 65.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:06 AM   #9
Bulvyne

The flag in question was in Plane of Innovation. No, I didn't specifically state that in my previous post because it was addressed to a certain person and others who KNOW who they are.

The Mavuin guy, I agree with you guys pretty much. It's an open room. You don't have to nail a somewhat troublesome mob to get it. The Mauvin flag doesn't take two or more groups to do. People farm the mobs around the Mauvin area cause they drop parchments and offer decent exp. I believe that VI made some flags so that you must be in the Raid to receive it, perhaps not. Unfortunately, this is not one of those.

To me, it'd be the same as sitting in the Emp room when another guild kills the Emp and snagging a power source. Yes, there's a severe degree of difference in difficulty between the two encounters, but the principle is the same: you gained access to something which you didn't deserve to.

Oh well, the persons involved probably don't read here anyway, but, sure feels good to let out frustration, and I didn't even curse to do it. Dangit, I guess I lose style-points for that. /shrug

Frael- /parry the bonk. If you have an issue, take it to the guildboard or email me.

Bul

Old 11-05-2002, 08:10 AM   #10
Muertissimo

To make clear, it had nothing to do with Mauvin in PoJ at all. Hence *raid* not *group*. Don't think we need to raid that room to get flagged Just don't want to see this turn into some big PoJ trial flamefest when not even that zone had anything to do with this situation.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:46 AM   #11
Ojuillean

I tagged along with Bulvyne once in hopes getting a peak at Leleni in her undies. I think it was worth it.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:14 PM   #12
Abrucx

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Please tell me youre not one of these "if magister does it it must be right" people[/quote]

I know I am. After all, WWKD.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:44 PM   #13
Neebbo

If you think they actually got flagged, then you should bug it, email SOE, etc. Mauvin is about the only (fighting required) flag you should be able to get without being in a raid. Try it yourself some time, on the same encounter (Dragon? Behemoth? What?), if you can. Get a friendly / alt / bot to hail the npc or projection from out of the raid, and see if they get flagged.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:46 PM   #14
Moto

Having had Furlina in my guild before under her other incarnations, having a bad run in with her this morning in PoJ, and seeing the havoc she wreaked once on the server with an ebayed "power" character flow over into rants and flames a few times...

.. I'd have to say this sounds just like her... no wonder she's not guilded
Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:04 AM   #15
Logical

Tagging along for a flag is just lame.

Hopefully they atleast contributed to the fight? ghey.

... and now ... Deep Thoughts by Logical Entity:
Originally Posted by Cerden
I am sick of looking at that mutiny sig crap! Post something funnier and fresh!
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 07:54 AM   #16
Jellybean
Jelly: It's what's for dinner

Send a message via AIM to Jellybean
I have NO CLUE about all this PoP crap you guys are talking about, but I remember the dumbasses who used to sit there to take the Tormax or... gah what's the dragon's name again? Man it's been forever. Anyways, yeah the people who would sit at the zone in lagging up everyone's screen and basically being annoying to try and get the faction hit. And if the raid failed? Oh man, they'd all want free resses and all this.

Damn people, if you want good stuff get into a good guild, ya know? Don't mooch from someone else's guild because your sucky guild can't do jack or shit! I hope I just offended people, hahaha!

What's the dragon king's name again? Jeezus I had his talisman... it's just been too long haha!

P.S. Bulvyne I still love you!

"I hope you drown in this mess you make, of your self-inflicted hate. You turn your back on the friends you lose, when they don't follow all your rules. But people are what they want to be, they're not lemmings to the sea. Maybe it's time that you looked at yourself. Quit blaming life on someone else."
Jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 07:58 AM   #17
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
Lord Yelinak.

+1 !!
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 08:40 AM   #18
Jellybean
Jelly: It's what's for dinner

Send a message via AIM to Jellybean
Booyah! Yelinak, that bastard!

Crypte wins!

"I hope you drown in this mess you make, of your self-inflicted hate. You turn your back on the friends you lose, when they don't follow all your rules. But people are what they want to be, they're not lemmings to the sea. Maybe it's time that you looked at yourself. Quit blaming life on someone else."
Jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 08:47 AM   #19
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
<--Winner!
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:51 AM   #20
Kinbien

Neebbo's correct, if you think they got a flag then you should e-mail Sony and /bug it, flags are only supposed to be given to members of the /raid that killed the mob.

Make a /raid so that ONLY members of said /raid can receive a flag from the end mob. Anyone outside of the /raid that killed the end mob can hail all they want, no flags should be given.

Most likely Furlina and friends didn't get flagged because they weren't members of your raid.

If they ARE flagged, and you used a /raid then it's a bug. If you didn't use a /raid then they got a freebie.
Kinbien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:59 AM   #21
Krrak

I don't think all of the mobs are "raid-only" at least past the first few easy ones, I know several of them are but a definitive list has yet to be made (or at least made public).
Krrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:26 PM   #22
Khael

Damn, there goes my sekrit method of getting flagged :\ Thanks a lot Bulvyne, you ass!

~Khael
Khael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 10:46 PM   #23
Blessing Angel

hehe, /comfort bul.

Ya a lot of people can be asshole. Furlina is an asshole just like her bf. Tonius or whatever that Vah shir bard who keeps jacking price up and back off =)

It may not be relevant (sp?) to it, but I believe it may give some degree on where her attitude comes from.
Blessing Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 06:50 PM   #24
Parum

If VI were to make it so all who were in /raid would get flags, and ONLY those...

A lot of LD people would get very skrewed. Look at the first EMP / Vulak / Ring war you guys went through (no, there isn't an antecedent for "you guys")... with 80 people there even those on GOOD systems go LD, not to mention those on average systems.

Parum
Parum is offline   Reply With Quote