Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2002, 01:27 PM   #1
Guntak

Default Use a spell checker!

If we took out all the messages from "Rants and Flames" that had the phrases "Use a spell checker!", "Learn to type!", "Ever heard of the enter key?", "Owe my eyes!", etc. we would probably come down to about 100 posts.

This isn't much of a rant or flame, rather a plea to stick with the issue at hand. Who cares whether people are learned on how to type, spell... whatever? I understand this can help in creating an opinion about the person behind the screen, but that should (imo) only be used to help make your decision about the issue being discussed.

Now, I know that putting this thread in this section will probably create much "feedback" on how retarded I am, but oh well. Flame away

Have a good day
Old 11-08-2002, 02:25 PM   #2
Leldari L
MOD

Send a message via AIM to Leldari L
Not gonna flame you just simply say that when a rant/flame/complaint is made virtually unintelligible because of mis-spelling, poor grammar or simple lack of breaks in a very long post then it loses its whole point.

You may have the most valid reason in the world to bitch...but if you can't express it in a way most people can understand you might as well have not wasted your time and ours. Before anyone jumps on the English isn't everyone's first language bandwagon I would like to point out that many of our non-English as a native language speakers do a much better job of expressing themselves in it than some who supposedly use English as their primary means of communication.

It is a matter of practicality....if you know your spelling is weak but you want to get your point across use a spell checker. If your grammar sucks then wait a minute before hitting post and read over your epic. See if you can even decipher it. If not for god's sake get someone else to help you with it. Don't waste your time and ours or the board's bandwidth.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:06 AM   #3
Oumadar

Send a message via MSN to Oumadar
<Sirens> Uh oh! Da grammar police are ere!
Oumadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:38 AM   #4
Ozzin T'Arc

Send a message via ICQ to Ozzin T'Arc Send a message via Yahoo to Ozzin T'Arc
Originally posted by Leldari L
You may have the most valid reason in the world to bitch...but if you can't express it in a way most people can understand you might as well have not wasted your time and ours. Before anyone jumps on the English isn't everyone's first language bandwagon I would like to point out that many of our non-English as a native language speakers do a much better job of expressing themselves in it than some who supposedly use English as their primary means of communication.
Great post

A Proud (Erudite) Necro

"Too many of us are spending money we haven't earned, to buy things we don't need to impress people we don't like"
Ozzin T'Arc is offline   Reply With Quote