Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #51
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

omg, you just said the SAME THING again! You quoted yourself and repeated it!

Jesus, bumbles, I've CLEP'd English Comp and Technical writing with high marks, I know all about sentence structure and grammar. And I know what I read.

TWICE!

Seriously, are you that deranged that you can't even bear to admit that you are even wrong on what you said? In print?

TWICE??
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #52
ShardmoonVer.1

Its true. Every one here is too stupid to comprehend what is clear as rain in your head. We all lack the ability to navigate the labyrinth of twisted logic and predetermined conclusions that go on in that gigantic melon of yours.

Now what is the definition of the word is again.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #53
Beal

Originally Posted by Bumbles
No he didn't. Go back and look at it again. You obviously are hard of understanding English.
Obama said we must not allow them to get weapons. Not to back down on nukes.
Not only did he say we must get Iran to back down on nukes, he said it twice in a span of about 2 minutes.

My goal is to avoid the hypothetical by moving rapidly to mobilize the international community to offer a series of big sticks and big carrots to the Iranian regime to stand down on nuclear weapons.
-Obama

Iranians need to understand that whether it's the Bush administration or an Obama administration, that this is a paramount concern to the United States. I think there are opportunities for us mobilize a much more serious regime of sanctions on Iran, but also to offer them the possibility of improved relations with the international community if they stand down on these nuclear weapons.
-Obama, about a minute later

Again I ask you Bumbles: Are you done yet?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #54
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

He's gotta be baiting us... no one is this dense.

Really, c'mon bumbles, you're just sitting there in a roomful of d00dz snickering at getting us to rage, aren'tcha...
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #55
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Obama's been quoted a number of times using the phrase "stand down on nuclear weapons" with regards to Iran.

Here's one:
Originally Posted by Obama
"I think there are opportunities for us to mobilize a much more serious regime of sanctions on Iran, but also to offer them the possibility of improved relations to the international community if they stand down on these nuclear weapons."
Another
Originally Posted by Obama
They [Iran] have gained immeasurable strength in the Middle East, and because of the strains that it's placed on our alliances and our leverage with other countries around the world, it's made it more difficult for us to be able to mobilize international pressure to get them to stand down from what I believe is a process of developing nuclear weapons
Now, I think Obama's certainly less emphatic than McCain about believing that Iran is developing nukes, but he never dismisses it. I also do wonder if Iran really is developing nukes, or just leaving it as a possibility. To a large extent, nukes won't do them any good, and greatly increases their risks. If I was leader of Iran, I'd outsource the defense to China - let them nuke anyone who invades me, in exchange for a million of barrels of oil a year. Much cheaper than developing my own program. Heck, I could have Russia bid against them, or maybe hire both to keep each other honest.

But that's the thing with Obama - his actual record is pretty light, and his specifics are pretty vague, so folks fill in what they want to believe. Bumbles wants to believe that Obama agrees with him about Iran not trying to develop nukes, so he's convinced it's true. He probably believes that Obama peddled a bike to Israel & Europe, rather than using a fossil-fuel plane.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #56
furo

Bumbles, to get you back on topic, look at Obama's quotation closely (that Beal has provided three times now):

I think there are opportunities for us mobilize a much more serious regime of sanctions on Iran, but also to offer them the possibility of improved relations with the international community if they stand down on these nuclear weapons. -- Sen. Obama

Now just what the fuck do you think those bolded words mean, bumbles?

What does the phrase "stand down on these nuclear weapons" mean to you?

Because maybe that will enlighten me as to where you really stand on the scale of stupidity.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote