Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 AM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Default Who to thank for $4 gas

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...008-07-20.html

House Minority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) on Sunday strongly criticized Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for not allowing a vote on a measure that would allow offshore drilling.

While acknowledging that Pelosi can prevent such a vote, Blunt said the Democratic leader would have to live with that decision, which he argued “does not make sense to the American people.”


“When we’re talking about offshore, we’re talking about 50, 100, 200 miles offshore,” Blunt said on CNN’s “Late Edition.” “Nobody's going to see that. This is an environmentally safe thing to do.”

Earlier in the program, Pelosi had stated in a pre-taped interview that she would not allow such a vote.

“We’re going to exhaust our other remedies in terms of increasing supply in America,” Pelosi said. When pressed on the issue, she added that she has “no plans” to allow such a vote.

Instead, she accused congressional Republicans of having blocked the Democrats’ initiatives to address the country’s energy problems and again called for opening the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to ease the cost at the pump.

“I think what you’ve got to realize here is by saying we should do that, you’re really admitting that supply makes a difference,” Blunt said. “That means we should be going after real supply, not what we’ve been able to hoard away.”
And before you start in on your bullshit, Bumbles. Answer Paffy's question: Give us ONE viable alternative to gas right now.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I want do know whom is going to volunteer for the first overseas airplane ride on ethonol based fuel........(I also want to know what the difference is being held captive by high priced oil and subsidizing farmers even more with tax money).

I also want to know who is going to give all the oilfield workers a job, I want to know if bumbles is going to complain when the unemployment rate goes up drastically but he is paying 2 dollars a gallon for fuel again and is living just fine........ things are great in ND, if your broke and can't afford gas come here and go to work they need oil field hands, money is great cost of living half of what you pay on coastal states if that.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
Gurglespit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,707
Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
I want do know whom is going to volunteer for the first overseas airplane ride on ethonol based fuel........(I also want to know what the difference is being held captive by high priced oil and subsidizing farmers even more with tax money).

I also want to know who is going to give all the oilfield workers a job, I want to know if bumbles is going to complain when the unemployment rate goes up drastically but he is paying 2 dollars a gallon for fuel again and is living just fine........ things are great in ND, if your broke and can't afford gas come here and go to work they need oil field hands, money is great cost of living half of what you pay on coastal states if that.
Yea... the problem is... then you are stuck in North Dakota.. /shudder.


:P
__________________
___________________________________________
This space for rent!
Gurglespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I love it here, Americas best kept secret no riff raff for the most part, ooops untill the oil boom now we get a lot of tweeeker liberal idiots whom complain about oil as they put their money from Hess in the bank lol.

Seriously though where I live I can walk ANYWHERE I want at 3 am and feel safe, I can afford to live without making 300 grand a year, I can fish, hunt, hike and lots of other things so people like Bumbles might make fun of it but that makes me happy because i Know that most of them will never be here.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #5
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Sorry if I offend anyone, but there is no other word that describes Pelosi better than cunt. She shouldn't have that kind of power. I wonder if the president or vice-president can override that?
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Sorry if I offend anyone, but there is no other word that describes Pelosi better than cunt. She shouldn't have that kind of power. I wonder if the president or vice-president can override that?
Nope. Not without a Chiteng-like solution, anyway. And why are you abusing and demonizing cunts like that? What did they ever do to you?
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Well, it seems to go against a checks and balances system for one person to have that kind of power. She doesn't seem concerned with what the people want at all; she's taking that choice out of our hands but not even allowing our elected representatives to vote on the topic.

And cunts don't need any demonization by me, that's why they're cunts.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #8
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Well, it seems to go against a checks and balances system for one person to have that kind of power. She doesn't seem concerned with what the people want at all; she's taking that choice out of our hands but not even allowing our elected representatives to vote on the topic.
As speaker of the house, she's the head of the elected representatives and has that authority. I disagree with that, and wish we could do something about it. But there would have to be a law made, and guess who controls that process?

And cunts don't need any demonization by me, that's why they're cunts.
Trust me, compared to Pelosi, a cunt is a wonderful warm caring person.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Having a majority means you get to play all the dirty tricks that our governmental structure allows. That's simple reality in DC, regardless of which party is in power. What Pelosi's doing is no different than her predecessors have done- not sure why people are so surprised and vitriolic about it.

Going after the strategic reserves to massage retail pricing really is fairly myopic though. That simply isn't why they exist.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Going after the strategic reserves to massage retail pricing really is fairly myopic though. That simply isn't why they exist.
Quick fixes and soundbytes.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
And before you start in on your bullshit, Bumbles. Answer Paffy's question: Give us ONE viable alternative to gas right now.
A bicycle. That is unless you are too lazy.

House Minority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) on Sunday strongly criticized Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for not allowing a vote on a measure that would allow offshore drilling.
you still don't get it. This is not the real argument. It is only the one that you are sold.
Offshore drilling won't happen even if we gave the oil companies what they want. They just want to control the land. They have shown that in the past, they will do it again. And even still, its not the solution.
As I said before, we are running out of oil and this is simply prolonging the problem.
And by the time we drilled for oil we could have a hydrogen car as a viable alternative.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4182515.shtml
The only reason it isn't viable right now is the lack of filling stations. It isn't too expensive or hard to make.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/04/g...lling-station/
As I see it, further pursuing oil is like pursuing the steam engine. Its going to be a relic. Why should we waste time and money pursuing something that will be irrelevant. We need to move forward on this, not backward.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #12
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,629
Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
A bicycle. That is unless you are too lazy.
Yep, just like the one Al Gore uses...
Former Vice President Al Gore and his entourage arrived at Constitutional Hall in Washington D.C. July 17 for his speech on global warming in a caravan consisting of two Lincoln Town Cars and a Chevrolet Suburban -- not the most fuel efficient vehicles Detroit ever made. "The driver of the Town Car that eventually whisked away Gore's wife and daughter left the engine idling and the AC cranking for 20 minutes before they finally left," noted Mark Block of Americans for Prosperity.
__________________
Fafner Wabbitslayer, Retired Shaman of Reviction, Erollisi Marr/Morell Thule
"This story shall the good man teach his son;...
From this day to the ending of the world,"
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #13
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Bumbles
Offshore drilling won't happen even if we gave the oil companies what they want.
...because Bumbles says so.

Originally Posted by Bumbles
They just want to control the land.
Yes, the old "they just want to control all the land" argument which Bumbles has "proven" so well. How did that one go, again? You claimed that the big evil oil companies have not increased exploration or drilling in the US, right? Wasn't that how you proved that they just want to control all the land? We "gave" them a bunch of land and, according to you, they are just sitting on it?

Except for the fact that those big evil oil companies (remember, there are only 5 of them, they are all big, and they are all evil) have increased exploration and drilling in the US by at least 100% since 2000. Heh, just a small little hole in your argument, eh?

And who cares about the basic fundamentals of market economics, right? The fundamentals of supply and demand cease to exist when they contradict your argument.

Originally Posted by Bumbles
And by the time we drilled for oil we could have a hydrogen car as a viable alternative.
Why don't we simply outlaw fossil fuels and direct all government funding in to developing antimatter reactors?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:47 PM   #14
WsaberMT
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 214
Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Offshore drilling won't happen even if we gave the oil companies what they want. They just want to control the land. They have shown that in the past, they will do it again. And even still, its not the solution.
Wrong after an oil company wins a lease to drill on a plot they only have so long to drill on it or they lose the lease.This is not hearsay I work in the oilfield.
__________________
~RETIRED~
WsaberMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #15
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Having a majority means you get to play all the dirty tricks that our governmental structure allows. That's simple reality in DC, regardless of which party is in power. What Pelosi's doing is no different than her predecessors have done- not sure why people are so surprised and vitriolic about it.
Well, I've never seen it. I don't think it's right that position has that kind of power, whichever has the majority. That goes against the basic principle of democracy, for fuck's sake.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #16
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by bumbler
A bicycle. That is unless you are too lazy.
Uh, I believe they said a VIABLE alternative. I don't have the time, nor nearly the physical conditioning to fucking bike 25 miles a day. Getting everyone to quit using their automobiles and grab a bike is not a viable alternative, dipshit.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #17
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Uh, I believe they said a VIABLE alternative. I don't have the time, nor nearly the physical conditioning to fucking bike 25 miles a day. Getting everyone to quit using their automobiles and grab a bike is not a viable alternative, dipshit.
That's your problem. It is a viable alternative if you want it to be. Other places do it.
What gets me is how pitiful you con fuckers really are. You complain about needing more oil. Look at other countries and what they have done. They ween themselves of the need for it. Instead you idiots want to keep feeding the Enrons and Exxons. That isn't the future. Face it. The ideology of big oil is a dead ideology. Either get with it, or complain like old men until you die. The changes are already happening.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #18
Gurglespit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,707
Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Uh, I believe they said a VIABLE alternative. I don't have the time, nor nearly the physical conditioning to fucking bike 25 miles a day. Getting everyone to quit using their automobiles and grab a bike is not a viable alternative, dipshit.
Once it gets a bit cooler down here, I think I'm going to bike to work... currently however, I can't see myself biking 5 miles every day in 110 degree heat.

Problems is... what about things like groceries... or just getting around down here in Phoenix... the city is so spread out... getting to certain places (like my best friends house... who lives about a 45 min drive away... ) is impossible without a car... the busses don't even run all the way out there.
__________________
___________________________________________
This space for rent!
Gurglespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Well, I've never seen it. I don't think it's right that position has that kind of power, whichever has the majority. That goes against the basic principle of democracy, for fuck's sake.
But we are not a simple democracy- we are a representative democracy, with all its warts and pimples, which is a very different animal. As SOE would say, this game mechanic is working as intended.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #20
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
But we are not a simple democracy- we are a representative democracy, with all its warts and pimples, which is a very different animal. As SOE would say, this game mechanic is working as intended.
We are not a representative democracy if the representatives can be stymied at the whim of a single person.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #21
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by bumbler
That's your problem. It is a viable alternative if you want it to be. Other places do it.
No, not even if I want it to be. If I travelled over 12 miles one way in upper 90 degree heat, I would fucking die. And like Gurg pointed out, if you have to haul something, it's not possible. Oh, and heaven forbid you want to visit relatives that live halfway across the country. So, your big solution is for us to regress to the dark ages? Do you ever think before typing?
Originally Posted by bumbler
What gets me is how pitiful you con fuckers really are. You complain about needing more oil.
Yeah, because it's only the "con fuckers" who like to drive. Just when I didn't think you could get any more pathetic...SURPRISE!
Originally Posted by bumbler
Look at other countries and what they have done. They ween themselves of the need for it.
No, it's called "they are too fucking poor."
Originally Posted by bumbler
That isn't the future. Face it. The ideology of big oil is a dead ideology. Either get with it, or complain like old men until you die. The changes are already happening.
Where are these changes happening?
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #22
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
That's your problem. It is a viable alternative if you want it to be. Other places do it.
Bullshit.

It's only viable in places where you don't have to commute multiple miles each way and take kids/cargo along.

Typical pussy liberal answer: Just make a sacrifice so my God (Al Gore) can fly around in his private jet!
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #23
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
Originally Posted by Beal View Post


Why don't we simply outlaw fossil fuels and direct all government funding in to developing antimatter reactors?
jeeeebus! Dont give him any ideas fusion reactors. nuclear reactors. sure.


but stay the fuck away from antimatter reactors.
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #24
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Alternative fuels - Algore (global warming) - and a host of other energy talk has the oil co's running scarred.

If we drill now, we will be, essentially, telling the oil companies that we got their back and that we do not intend to seriously seek alternative fuels in the near or remotely near future.

They dont believe us....well.. they dont believe that the Dems have any interest in maintaining the level of oil consumption for the next 20+ years....ergo we have oil "panic".

Right now the oil companies, and the oil-producing nations, are playing their ace... and if we endure and continue to seek, develop and employ alternative fuel sources, we will eventually win out and be free of this oil stranglehold.

We are at a crossroads. Either we give in and give the oil companies what they want (which is long-term oil consumption commitments), or we us they screw job to quickly begin to come up with alternatives (which is what the oil co's are banking we cant do without crashing our economy).
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #25
solicia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 910
I can see the ambulances now.....ringing their handlebar bells towing wagons, and fire bicycles with metal gallon jugs in their baskets (can't be plastic) with cards in the spokes.
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.