Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #51
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
I agree with what you quoted from Horm. The Giants beat a better team that day. Of course if the Pat were the best team ever, that wouldnt have happened. But still a better team.
And that's totally fair and why I'm long past arguing that last year's Pats were the best team ever- among them, absolutely, that I'll argue until - but the best team of all-time simply doesn't lose to an inferior opponent in the most important game of the year. As Wildane rightly pointed out- the Giants wanted it more. And that will go down as the Pats one glaring flaw last year- they let someone else be hungrier than they were.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #52
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Well, you can't really hold that against them, that's just human nature. Those at the top are typically not as hungry as those climbing the ladder. I don't think they were resting on their own laurels, but, after their recent history and especially after the season they had, cockiness came into play somewhere. Hopefully they can recognize this and come back even stronger this year.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #53
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Against the rules or not?

sure it was against the rules, they paid their price........ believe me it bothered me as much if not more than anyone, I went from having a team that I admired and called a class act team to having to think go myself fuck that sucks.

That being said, I still say that they are the best team ever assembled, the problem is that if they do not win it all this year that arguement will be lost, the team is relatively the same and if the rookie Defensive players step up this years team will be a tad better..... a little over a month to start finding out I cant wait. (wish they played the cowboys this year though, I think they are the 2nd best team in the league).
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #54
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
sure it was against the rules, they paid their price.
And the commish of the NFL just wanted this to go away. That's why he destroyed those tapes. A slap on the wrist because of the potential loss of revenue exposing the Pats leadership for what they are would entail.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #55
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Jimmy Johnson
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #56
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Jimmy Johnson
I love your conversational style. I thought they had medicine for tourrettes these days...
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #57
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And the commish of the NFL just wanted this to go away. That's why he destroyed those tapes. A slap on the wrist because of the potential loss of revenue exposing the Pats leadership for what they are would entail.
and Michael Irvin should have been banned from sports instead he will be in the hall of fame.......... let me see .....tape some plays (of which noone has a clue what it entailed) or be a cocaine snorting idiot.... and who wanted what to go away?

ALthough Michael didnt really like doing cocaine he just liked the smell of it.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #58
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
I love your conversational style. I thought they had medicine for tourrettes these days...
I'm just waiting for you to get off your convoluted high horse and own up to your hypocrisy.

Again, Jimmy Johnson.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #59
furo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,740
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
And that's totally fair and why I'm long past arguing that last year's Pats were the best team ever- among them, absolutely, that I'll argue until - but the best team of all-time simply doesn't lose to an inferior opponent in the most important game of the year.
If we are only discussing "best teams" in relation to a single year's performance (such as the 85 Bears or 72 Dolphins), then I don't see how the '07 Pats even come into play.

You just can't put a team who lost the championship in that realm, period.

If we are talking about dynasties (heaven forbid we go down this road again) then I think the Pats have a much more legitimate argument to be among the top 10.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #60
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
I'm just waiting for you to get off your convoluted high horse and own up to your hypocrisy.

Again, Jimmy Johnson.
What hypocrisy? You're the one trying to drag the Cowboys into this. I haven't said a thing about them in this thread. And I'm not the one sucking Bellicock either with delusions that they actually earned all those wins.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:04 AM   #61
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
What hypocrisy? You're the one trying to drag the Cowboys into this. I haven't said a thing about them in this thread. And I'm not the one sucking Bellicock either with delusions that they actually earned all those wins.
No, you're the one who is pontificating about something a highly successful coach of your team said was standard practice across the league, inclusive of his team. If the Pats didn't earn their wins, by this measure, neither did the 'girls. That, my sad little friend, is hypocrisy. Remember this?

Originally Posted by WFAN interview, Sept '07
Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because youre going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: Thats what Im saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimers scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me thats how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Whered you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So youd just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. Thats the best way to do it, but anyway you cant always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If theyre on the same side as the opposing team thats when you need to do it from the sideline.
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...-is-overblown/

So spare us the righteous horseshit unless you're offering up every win JJ ever got you.

Originally Posted by Furo
If we are only discussing "best teams" in relation to a single year's performance (such as the 85 Bears or 72 Dolphins), then I don't see how the '07 Pats even come into play.

You just can't put a team who lost the championship in that realm, period.

If we are talking about dynasties (heaven forbid we go down this road again) then I think the Pats have a much more legitimate argument to be among the top 10.
Again, you're a non-fan. Why the hell do you care so much? If you're too stupid to see how an 18-1 team that set a league record for scoring (as well as numerous individual marks along the way) might factor into a discussion of all-time single year performances then I'd suggest you stick to things you know about, because clearly NFL football isn't one of them.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:07 AM   #62
furo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,740
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Again, you're a non-fan. Why the hell do you care so much? If you're too stupid to see how an 18-1 team that set a league record for scoring (as well as numerous individual marks along the way) might factor into a discussion of all-time single year performances then I'd suggest you stick to things you know about, because clearly NFL football isn't one of them.
It's a simple concept, Horm: You can't be one of the best teams without a trophy.

And that goes for any sport. This has nothing to do with being a fan or not.

By the way, what organized sports did you actually play while growing up?
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:12 AM   #63
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by furo View Post
It's a simple concept, Horm: You can't be one of the best teams without a trophy.

And that goes for any sport. This has nothing to do with being a fan or not.

By the way, what organized sports did you actually play while growing up?
Yes, you can. I don't know how many times I can say this before it'll sink through that metal-plated braincase of yours, but I don't think the '07 Pats are the best team of all time, but they are very much a part of the discussion.

As for what organized sports I played growing up I'll tell you after you tell us what your rank is, pencilneck. I've mentioned sports that I've played a number of times on this board- if you're so interested, go spend your time researching.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:15 AM   #64
furo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,740
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Yes, you can. I don't know how many times I can say this before it'll sink through that metal-plated braincase of yours, but I don't think the '07 Pats are the best team of all time, but they are very much a part of the discussion.
Really? And who takes part in this discussion of the Pats being "one of the best" teams of all time? You and the other crybabies who worship the Pats' failure to beat a wildcard last year? Who exactly discusses the '07 Pats as "one of the best teams" of all time?
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:23 AM   #65
furo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,740
Oh and by the way, how long have you been down on your knees for this guy?

Because just about everything you've said in this thread is tongue in cheek with what this deluded fan wrote.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #66
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by furo View Post
Really? And who takes part in this discussion of the Pats being "one of the best" teams of all time? You and the other crybabies who worship the Pats' failure to beat a wildcard last year? Who exactly discusses the '07 Pats as "one of the best teams" of all time?
Again, you're a non-fan. Your opinion is completely irrelevant- a status you should be used to be now. Talk to some people who know a thing or two about football, who don't have a ridiculous Easterbrookian hang-up about the Pats.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:31 AM   #67
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by furo View Post
Oh and by the way, how long have you been down on your knees for this guy?

Because just about everything you've said in this thread is tongue in cheek with what this deluded fan wrote.
So if I spend my time looking up anti-Patriots blogs that would prove you tongue wrestle with the authors? Get fucked stalker.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #68
furo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,740
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Again, you're a non-fan. Your opinion is completely irrelevant- a status you should be used to be now. Talk to some people who know a thing or two about football, who don't have a ridiculous Easterbrookian hang-up about the Pats.
And you know a "thing or two" about football? What qualifies you in this arena? More importantly, what does that have anything to do with separating the champions from the non-champions?

Again, I don't care what sport it is, if you don't bring home the trophy, you don't belong in the discussion for "best teams of all time," especially if we're limiting it to a single season.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:36 AM   #69
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon
 
Pafuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the Pocket of Big Oil
Posts: 2,063
All this makes me think of the Jerry Seinfeld discussion on the Olympic gold medal -


Difference between the two -

Gold medal = greatest guy in the world

Silver medal = never heard of him.
__________________
Originally Posted by Ini View Post
Holy shit I think Pafuna just won the intraweb!
Originally Posted by FafnerMorell View Post
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:42 AM   #70
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by furo View Post
And you know a "thing or two" about football? What qualifies you in this arena? More importantly, what does that have anything to do with separating the champions from the non-champions?

Again, I don't care what sport it is, if you don't bring home the trophy, you don't belong in the discussion for "best teams of all time," especially if we're limiting it to a single season.
Ah yes, qualifications, as always. And again, for someone too scared to fess-up to his rank, you simply don't get to make demands for qualifications. Besides, I have a busy training camp schedule this year and don't want Coach B to give my reps to Matt Cassell or one of these other clowns.

You have demonstrated over and over and over again that you don't understand football- or any sport for that matter- and have confessed to not even being a fan. Again- why do you care so much? My guess is that you'd step over your own mother to disagree with me about anything because you're a creepy post-stalker who hates being called on his own shit. I'd almost be flattered if it weren't for the fact that you're such an unlikeable douchebag.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:49 AM   #71
furo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,740
You seem to be the one wrapped up in qualifications, Horm, because you're the dumbass who brought up my level of interest in the sport of pro football as a qualifier to discuss this topic.


That's where you fail, hypocrite.

I seem to remember someone trying to play the same argument on Brig when talking about football. This is an internet forum, you stupid fuck. Get over your ego.

So I'll say it again: you can't be "one of" the best teams of all time without winning the championship (if the discussion is regarding one season).
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 AM   #72
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
And I'll say again that you're wrong, for reasons stated over and over and fucking over again, and wonder why you, as a non-fan, are so invested in this? It's because A) you are a fan but are such a paranoid lunatic you don't want people to know what team you're a fan of or B) you're just being the inadequate contrarian asshole we all know and try to avoid eye-contact with.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:54 AM   #73
furo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,740
Choice A is the right answer. My favorite team? The Pats
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:02 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.